HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 01:36 PM
SimonKnightsman

vCash: 500
I might agree. That was some very weak netminding those last 5 and you can't begin 7 with that worry n their mind. Max is right in theory but not sure that particular theory takes hold here. Unless Stolarz is messed up cuz I though they would of used him in OT during the meltdown.

Dale is loyal though....tough call what they do now.

I would go back to Anthony though, far less shaky.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
aresknights

Ive just accepted the fact this London team, in this years POs has trouble with big leads. They do alot of things well but this is one aspect that havent done well lately to say the least. I wont get into what I think they should do as a few here have cause tehyve got it done and as I said Ive just accepted it for what it is. A flaw in their team right now, but theyve overcome it so far. and theres only one game left to win the league.
One telling finals stat
Barrie 2-0 when Sheifele gets 5 pts
Barrie 1-3 When he doesnt (game 1, 2nd most lackluster Knights effort in the POs, an understanble outcome with our series gainst Ply and their 7 gamer vs Belleville They were high and we thought the world was ours--IMO)

As well, Ned if Ned is a top 2 game star AND outplays our G they win, if not they dont.

It seems real simple when you take all the other stuff away. We can say all we want about Dale and "his" coaching but it really does come down to stopping 19 and get to Ned and youll win, maybe inspite of a few cardiac events, but youll win. Feel free to blast me if they get over in game 7 without BOTH those things happening (19 scoring 3pts or more and Ned being on fire)

Old
05-12-2013, 01:43 PM
nelli27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximSpiridonov View Post
People actually think Stolarz gets the call? If you win the game the net is yours, this has always been the case. I made this prediction before Game 5, if they win with Patterson hes in the net the rest of the way. Stolarz hasn't played great sure, and you could argue Patterson hasn't either but a lot of the goals Patty gave up are on the team, not solely on him. Sure they collapsed twice with Patterson in net (6-4 in Game 5 shouldn't have been the score) but he won his 2, and Stolarz lost his 2.

Its Patterson the rest of the way, Do or Die.
Dale is confused--he's entertaining the thought of starting a cardboard cutout of Liam Herbst.

All kidding aside, I'm most concerned about the inability to preserve a third period lead.
In the 3rd period of every game I find myself chanting "Go clock Go" instead of the usual "Go Knights Go"!

Old
05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
aresknights

I was real curious to how theyd respond to facing elimination and if this team had the character we seen and heard about. Weve seen it at times but never in an elimiation setting. They responded big time. Close call, sure, but they are outplayin em for the most part--not that that always is the difference.
Theyve faced elimination 2x, kept Scheifele under control and gotten to Ned for 10 Gs in 2 games and sent him to the bench. There are positives here in spite of our frustration. Feed off those things, let them inspire you, dont dwell on the bad, itll creep into your head and casue doubt.

And get up by 7, then Ill feel safe

Old
05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
SimonKnightsman

Neiderberger looks like a kid who has faced too much action and rubber.

Sharp early but how long can you hold up .

Patterson, Gibson, Ned all came out red hot and cooled.....usually after a couple of 50 or 60 shot games.

Hey Ares....is Sheif even playing.....he looks messed up and me thinks Winnipeg won't be happy if he gets worse.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:54 PM
aresknights

Anderson creamed him on an open ice hit. Seemed his arm was hanging, Id guees shoulder but really have no insight, inside info. Just seen that before as a trainer and its often a shoulder, unless hes a good actor. (ever see troy palomul grab his ankle after a head shot so they wouldnt send him to the dark room- classic move lol)
He sat out until the Colts made it a one goal game then made the return when down one. Might have been as much an insprational move as one expecting a big contribution, not sure.

Id guess unless its real bad he dresses. Hell tough it out if given the op, JMO. If injured thou and it wasnt a ploy ( both teams are capable of a little acting) itll limit his effectiveness. Just gotta wait n see as I doubt you hear much. But as I said, Id expect him to dress, well see what his role is.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:31 PM
SimonKnightsman

Ok thanks, I was thinking shoulder too when he got up to head to bench. And the Jets brass fainting last night.

But what team isn't banged up right now....London also have been through some major roster hits that would of killed more shallow teams and still have a bunch banged up bad.

I would be curious the conditions of Hughes, Harry, Dakota and especially Ollie. That kid has taken some serious wallops since Whalers and now the Colts have been hammering him.

Like I said....if Saskatoon wins a Mem Cup in 2 weeks it would be so meaningless to me as a fan....especially the Blades fans watching these teams pound each other senseless .

I was amazed how resilient Shawinigan got last cup until you calculate in the month they had off.

Old
05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
aresknights

True enough Simon, any team making it this far has had to get past some bumps, bruises and injury issues.
Id also add any team going this far in the OHL playoffs (or any league for that matter) have dealt with inconsistent, bad, onesided referreing. It is what it is and those that get past it, and get the job done in spite of it are most oft the Champs.
It is a contributing factor to some outcomes, Ill agree, but never an excuse. There always things you can do as a player, coach whatever to get past it and win.

Cmon Monday 7pm already

Old
05-12-2013, 04:07 PM
MaximSpiridonov

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Regardless of Jake's 2 wins..he is not the better goalie. Stolarz should start game 7.
Based on what exactly? Looking purely at games won in the championship series Patterson has won 2/2, Stolarz is 1/4. You go with the hot hand, not the "better goalie." Just ask the Penguins how that worked out moving to Vokoun, comes in turns the tide and they win the series. We have a 1 and a 1A, Patterson isn't Fotinos.

Not taking a shot at you, but imo you go with what has worked the last 2 games that were must wins.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:54 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Based on what exactly? Looking purely at games won in the championship series Patterson has won 2/2, Stolarz is 1/4. You go with the hot hand, not the "better goalie." Just ask the Penguins how that worked out moving to Vokoun, comes in turns the tide and they win the series. We have a 1 and a 1A, Patterson isn't Fotinos.

Not taking a shot at you, but imo you go with what has worked the last 2 games that were must wins.
Problem is...Patterson isn't even the "hot hand". He's had maybe 10 or 12 legitimate scoring chances on him in the 2 games he's played..and surrendered 8 goals on those 12 scoring chances. He's not the goalie that I'd go with..but then again I'm not the coach. I'd reward the goalie who got me where I am..and that's not Jake Patterson. Without Stolarz London doesn't even make the Finals.

Went head to head with Paterson in Saginaw...won
Went head to head with arguably the best Junior goalie in the world and won
Went head to head with the best up and coming talent in net in the OHL and won

He's your go to guy.

Old
05-12-2013, 04:58 PM
MaximSpiridonov

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Problem is...Patterson isn't even the "hot hand". He's had maybe 10 or 12 legitimate scoring chances on him in the 2 games he's played..and surrendered 8 goals on those 12 scoring chances. He's not the goalie that I'd go with..but then again I'm not the coach. I'd reward the goalie who got me where I am..and that's not Jake Patterson. Without Stolarz London doesn't even make the Finals.

Went head to head with Paterson in Saginaw...won
Went head to head with arguably the best Junior goalie in the world and won
Went head to head with the best up and coming talent in net in the OHL and won

He's your go to guy.
I don't disagree with your point about Stolarz getting us to this point, he has played out of his mind, save for a few games since coming in from Neb-Omaha. Guess it'll be the wait for the announcement or warm-ups to settle this.

Whoever the goaltender is come Monday night at 7:05pm, I will support him 100%. I may have to avert my eyes for most of the 3rd period though.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:02 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
I don't disagree with your point about Stolarz getting us to this point, he has played out of his mind, save for a few games since coming in from Neb-Omaha. Guess it'll be the wait for the announcement or warm-ups to settle this.
I attribute his "softness" in his past 2 starts to fatigue. He's been run relentlessly. He's been bumped behind the net relentlessly. He's never played more than 30 games in a season. He was tired. Put him in tomorrow night...you'll be dancing at center ice at the end of the game. Bank it.

Old
05-12-2013, 05:12 PM
hardoil3232

every time the knights try to play the trap the result is always the same
atotal disaster I do not understand why this continues to happen time
after time

Old
05-12-2013, 06:12 PM
SimonKnightsman

From our beat guy at practise its sounding like Paterson is back in.

Pyette's been tweeting and dropped this minutes ago.

Can't say I agree....

Old
05-12-2013, 06:15 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
From our beat guy at practise its sounding like Paterson is back in.

Pyette's been tweeting and dropped this minutes ago.

Can't say I agree....
I don't agree. Even if they win I won't agree. Stolarz in my opinion is still the better goalie.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Snippit

Watch the end of Game 7 Ducks/Wings. Detroit is forechecking and creating turnovers. That's how you defend a lead.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Game Day!!!! So pumped. The decision to start Patterson has been and will be debated all day. Stolarz is the better goalie, Patterson has go you two straight wins, Stolarz got you through to this point (minus the past two games)....personally, start Stolarz and he is your goalie through the Cup too assuming you win. If you do that though, wow would that sour Jake. Guarantee you he would want a trade out this summer. He gets you two wins and you don't give him game 7? Not that I know how he thinks, but I could see that being his mindframe.
Hopefully the rust is still coming off and tonight is an even better performance. I think the boys are going to be ok!

Old
05-13-2013, 11:12 AM
MaximSpiridonov

Regardless of the tender, GO Knights GO. Lets bury this series!

Old
05-13-2013, 11:53 AM
KingKadri

Any news on Scheifele? It would play a huge factor if he misses the game

Old
05-13-2013, 12:42 PM
NHL Fanatic

If London wins I give the MVP to Horvat, what a run.

Old
05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
aresknights

C'mon 7!

Yes for Horvat. Definitely most consistent all the way thru the POs, has filled the role asked of him and more.

I'd a given a look to stolarz as well until this last series.

Last edited by aresknights: 05-13-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old
05-13-2013, 02:02 PM
MaximSpiridonov

Not to mention that pickpocket on Schiefele in Game 5, could see it coming from our seats and I was halfway out of it once he made a break for the puck. Maybe just because I've seen him do it time and time again on the PK i expected it

Old
05-13-2013, 02:20 PM
aresknights

I don't care who the staff throws between the pipes, the 18 skaters gotta go get this done!

I do have a preference but it don't matter.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:22 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKadri View Post
Any news on Scheifele? It would play a huge factor if he misses the game
I'd guess if its pain management as a concern he goes, if its hurt hell also go. It would have to be a serious injury IMO to keep him out.

Yes, hurt and injured are different.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:29 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
If London wins I give the MVP to Horvat, what a run.
What about Domi.

Been pretty darn good since PO started also.

Closed Thread