HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #7 - 5/13/2013 | Rangers @ Capitals | 8:00 PM - MSG, NBCSN, TSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2013, 12:22 PM
  #176
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
What game did Rooney ref?
He's the one who handed the 5 min major in last years game 6 in the finals.

earlier this year, he gave out something like 28 penalty minutes to the devils, and ejected their head coach.

He's also the one who gave Artie an unsportsman-like conduct last year for the celebration.

He likes to be the center of attention, and he does it with penalties.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:22 PM
  #177
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
What game did Rooney ref?
Game 6 of the Devils and Kings SCF last season. He was handing out penalties like a stranger handing out candy in a van.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:23 PM
  #178
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
Couldn't they have Rooney ruin the bruins game instead?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:24 PM
  #179
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
I feel bad for badmouthing Devils fans on Rooney. No one deserves this.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:25 PM
  #180
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,477
vCash: 500
I personally feel good about tonights game. Our best players will make the difference.

bmw2004 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
  #181
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I feel bad for badmouthing Devils fans on Rooney. No one deserves this.
I enjoyed how angry they were, and how he's kinda tortured them.

I agree with every word they've said about him though. He's screwed them countless times, and then on the biggest of stages.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
  #182
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Best playerscome up big in the biggest games...see Mark Messier, are you listening Rick?

Mio41 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:27 PM
  #183
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Knowing the NHL Dorsett gets 3 penalties tonight

Mio41 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:28 PM
  #184
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Shawinigan
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
He's the one who handed the 5 min major in last years game 6 in the finals.

earlier this year, he gave out something like 28 penalty minutes to the devils, and ejected their head coach.

He's also the one who gave Artie an unsportsman-like conduct last year for the celebration.

He likes to be the center of attention, and he does it with penalties.
To be fair, that was a reasonable penalty to give to Anisimov. But his track record is definitely suspect.

Krams is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:31 PM
  #185
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
To be fair, that was a reasonable penalty to give to Anisimov. But his track record is definitely suspect.
His explanation to torts was that it wasn't "kosher." He also told him that was the first time he's seen that, so he wasn't going off of precedent.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:32 PM
  #186
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
His explanation to torts was that it wasn't "kosher." He also told him that was the first time he's seen that, so he wasn't going off of precedent.
The other signature is much better. Just saying.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:32 PM
  #187
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
I was feeling good up until I heard Rooney was refereeing tonight. Now I'm horrified.
****.

It's up to our PK to win this game.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
  #188
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
If torts keeps putting Richards on the ice, we lose tonight.
Fixed.

beastly115 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
  #189
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Shawinigan
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
His explanation to torts was that it wasn't "kosher." He also told him that was the first time he's seen that, so he wasn't going off of precedent.
As the referee he has the ability to use his own judgment in that situation as to what is and is not 'kosher'. Check out the rule book--the terms are pretty open to interpretation in regards to Unsportsmanlike conduct.

Krams is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
  #190
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I don't know but I thought she should have won the Oscar for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
I thought he wants to leave Manchester

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
  #191
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
The other signature is much better. Just saying.
You like making fun of McD and Girardi?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:35 PM
  #192
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
As the referee he has the ability to use his own judgment in that situation as to what is and is not 'kosher'. Check out the rule book--the terms are pretty open to interpretation in regards to Unsportsmanlike conduct.
Maybe. I just didn't like the explanation on 24/7.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:35 PM
  #193
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,776
vCash: 500
I think NHL fans as a whole can agree Rooney is a ****ing disgrace.

This guy single-handedly RUINS games.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:36 PM
  #194
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,816
vCash: 500
NHL 13 Pregame Game
1st Period
14:15 PP Brassard (Callahan, MDZ)
2nd Period
17:39 Ovechkin (Backstrom, Ribeiro)
3rd Period
1:14 Stepan (McD)
5:16 PP Ribeiro (Schultz)
9:00 PP Brouwer (Chimera, Carlson)
19:53 Callahan (Nash, Stepan)
2OT
6:43 Ovechkin (Green)

Craps 4-3 Rangers

Shades of last years 6.6 second left tying goal, after a jubilant last second tying goal by Cally, I was unable to relicate it and lost in double OT .
As based on this game, staying out of the box will be pivotal.
If Laich plays, he will get a 5 minute boarding call on Stralman, who goes down injured.

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:36 PM
  #195
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,129
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I think NHL fans as a whole can agree Rooney is a ****ing disgrace.

This guy single-handedly RUINS games.
Ruiney.

I find myself pretty funny.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:38 PM
  #196
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
NHL 13 Pregame Game
1st Period
14:15 PP Brassard (Callahan, MDZ)
2nd Period
17:39 Ovechkin (Backstrom, Ribeiro)
3rd Period
1:14 Stepan (McD)
5:16 PP Ribeiro (Schultz)
9:00 PP Brouwer (Chimera, Carlson)
19:53 Callahan (Nash, Stepan)
2OT
6:43 Ovechkin (Green)

Craps 4-3 Rangers

Shades of last years 6.6 second left tying goal, after a jubilant last second tying goal by Cally, I was unable to relicate it and lost in double OT .
As based on this game, staying out of the box will be pivotal.
If Laich plays, he will get a 5 minute boarding call on Stralman, who goes down injured.
You know that's fake because Callahan and Nash are on the scoresheet.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
  #197
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,018
vCash: 500
Rooney reffed game 1 of this series.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:42 PM
  #198
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Rooney reffed game 1 of this series.
The game where the Caps magically got away with a DOG penalty late in the 3rd that had the whole NHL world shaking their heads.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
  #199
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
The game where the Caps magically got away with a DOG penalty late in the 3rd that had the whole NHL world shaking their heads.
We wouldn't have scored on the PP anyway.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:44 PM
  #200
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
The game where the Caps magically got away with a DOG penalty late in the 3rd that had the whole NHL world shaking their heads.
That was game 2. Game 1 was where the Rangers were given 3 penalties in about 8 minutes to start the 2nd period.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.