HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Panthers Lightning trade

Old
05-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Panthers Lightning trade

3rd overall to the panthers for Gudbranson, first in 2014 and second in 2013 + whatever you want...

Do you think a deal could be made between those two teams to reunite Mackinnon and Drouin with the Panthers ?

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Prairie Habs

If Florida picks Mac (which they should unless Jones magically is available) then they should build around him and Huberdeau up front and keep their young blue chip dmen.

People overrate chemistry in junior. Two high end future NHLers will always dominate junior whether they have chemistry or not just because of the huge difference in skill. This isn't like the Sedins where they have played together their entire lives, it has just been a year or two.

I also don't like trading for prospect because they have chemistry with another prospect as a rule. Most top draft picks will pan out, but what if Mac is a first liner but for whatever reason Drouin is more a 2nd line/ top 9 guy. Prospects are too hard to predict and it would be a huge waste of assets if they don't even play on a line together.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Kulikov, Shore and 2 2nds?

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
I just don't see this trade happening within the division from either side. I actually like the value here, but I would not want to trade with the Panthers.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:59 AM
2015cupwinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
3rd overall to the panthers for Gudbranson, first in 2014 and second in 2013 + whatever you want...

Do you think a deal could be made between those two teams to reunite Mackinnon and Drouin with the Panthers ?
I'm not a fan of Gudbranson. He may turn out fine, but meh. Tampa could use Kulikov and Petrovic, but they don't equal an elite prospect.

2015cupwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
If Florida picks Mac (which they should unless Jones magically is available) then they should build around him and Huberdeau up front and keep their young blue chip dmen.

People overrate chemistry in junior. Two high end future NHLers will always dominate junior whether they have chemistry or not just because of the huge difference in skill. This isn't like the Sedins where they have played together their entire lives, it has just been a year or two.

I also don't like trading for prospect because they have chemistry with another prospect as a rule. Most top draft picks will pan out, but what if Mac is a first liner but for whatever reason Drouin is more a 2nd line/ top 9 guy. Prospects are too hard to predict and it would be a huge waste of assets if they don't even play on a line together.
it is not about chemistry but just to give the panthers two great and young fowards

Old
05-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
it is not about chemistry but just to give the panthers two great and young fowards
And they wouldnt already have that with Huberdeau & MacKinnon? You can stick just about anyone with those 2 and that should be a pretty damn good top line in the future. No need to add Drouin as well, especially at the cost that it would take to get him.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:29 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
And they wouldnt already have that with Huberdeau & MacKinnon? You can stick just about anyone with those 2 and that should be a pretty damn good top line in the future. No need to add Drouin as well, especially at the cost that it would take to get him.
For Gudbranson and our 1st next year, Im making that deal. Petrovic can be that physical Dman for us, and while you are right about being able to add anyone to a Mac/Huby tandem, a Drouin-Mac-Huby line would be one of the most lethal lines in the game, eventually.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:49 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Don't think a trade of this caliber would happen between the two teams.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Sparksrus3

Quote:

GuDbranson was 3 overall after Taylor and Tyler just 3 years ago. This deal would be a massive overpay by fla.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
GuDbranson was 3 overall after Taylor and Tyler just 3 years ago. This deal would be a massive overpay by fla.
he hasn't really produced though, although he has been pretty good.

Drouin, Mackinnon and Huberdeau would be very good, but I think the Lightning keep him no matter what we offer, because he's a very St. Louis kind of player, and we all know how St. Louis does with Stamkos.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Rschmitz

Gudbranson might be the top 4 physical d we are looking for. Massive risk vs massive reward. I like the value here though to look past the risk and I would definitely do this

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
ShootIt

I don't get the fascination of getting Drouin and Mackinnon.

At least at What it would cost

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I don't get the fascination of getting Drouin and Mackinnon.

At least at What it would cost
All this I agree with. That trade would not be good for the team. That's taking one step forward and 4 steps back. And that's if that line turns out to be anything special at this level. Chances are that line would be temporary just like just about every other line in the NHL. Not to mention the chances of injury to one, two, or all three for an extended period of time. I think the total amount of time that line would stay together potentially could be much lower than a lot of people expected.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 05-13-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:06 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

This looks to be one of the best packages we have been offered for the 1st.. I don't think FLA does it though.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
For Gudbranson and our 1st next year, Im making that deal. Petrovic can be that physical Dman for us, and while you are right about being able to add anyone to a Mac/Huby tandem, a Drouin-Mac-Huby line would be one of the most lethal lines in the game, eventually.
I'm a fan of the habs but I think I could become a fan of the panthers too if they could put toghetter a line of Drouin-Mac-Huby

Old
05-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
Drouin is an awesome prospect and I could bet anything that he have more value than Gudbranson had when he got drafted but I have to admit that the first in 2014 could be to much depending on what the panthers will do the next season.

Old
05-18-2013, 02:37 PM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

Wouldn't it be easier if Tampa traded Stamkos to Panthers for the 2nd overall?

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Wouldn't it be easier if Tampa traded Stamkos to Panthers for the 2nd overall?
LOL nice one, thanks you made me laugh a lil bit here

Old
05-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Were we talking any other team than the Panthers, I'd do this deal in a second. Drouin could be a really elite offensive talent when he matues. Don't want to hand that over to a division team.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote