HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Panthers Lightning trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2013, 08:23 AM
  #1
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Panthers Lightning trade

3rd overall to the panthers for Gudbranson, first in 2014 and second in 2013 + whatever you want...

Do you think a deal could be made between those two teams to reunite Mackinnon and Drouin with the Panthers ?

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:48 AM
  #2
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
If Florida picks Mac (which they should unless Jones magically is available) then they should build around him and Huberdeau up front and keep their young blue chip dmen.

People overrate chemistry in junior. Two high end future NHLers will always dominate junior whether they have chemistry or not just because of the huge difference in skill. This isn't like the Sedins where they have played together their entire lives, it has just been a year or two.

I also don't like trading for prospect because they have chemistry with another prospect as a rule. Most top draft picks will pan out, but what if Mac is a first liner but for whatever reason Drouin is more a 2nd line/ top 9 guy. Prospects are too hard to predict and it would be a huge waste of assets if they don't even play on a line together.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
  #3
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 50
Kulikov, Shore and 2 2nds?

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
  #4
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 1159
I just don't see this trade happening within the division from either side. I actually like the value here, but I would not want to trade with the Panthers.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:59 AM
  #5
2015cupwinners
Registered User
 
2015cupwinners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
3rd overall to the panthers for Gudbranson, first in 2014 and second in 2013 + whatever you want...

Do you think a deal could be made between those two teams to reunite Mackinnon and Drouin with the Panthers ?
I'm not a fan of Gudbranson. He may turn out fine, but meh. Tampa could use Kulikov and Petrovic, but they don't equal an elite prospect.

2015cupwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:07 AM
  #6
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
If Florida picks Mac (which they should unless Jones magically is available) then they should build around him and Huberdeau up front and keep their young blue chip dmen.

People overrate chemistry in junior. Two high end future NHLers will always dominate junior whether they have chemistry or not just because of the huge difference in skill. This isn't like the Sedins where they have played together their entire lives, it has just been a year or two.

I also don't like trading for prospect because they have chemistry with another prospect as a rule. Most top draft picks will pan out, but what if Mac is a first liner but for whatever reason Drouin is more a 2nd line/ top 9 guy. Prospects are too hard to predict and it would be a huge waste of assets if they don't even play on a line together.
it is not about chemistry but just to give the panthers two great and young fowards

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:44 AM
  #7
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
it is not about chemistry but just to give the panthers two great and young fowards
And they wouldnt already have that with Huberdeau & MacKinnon? You can stick just about anyone with those 2 and that should be a pretty damn good top line in the future. No need to add Drouin as well, especially at the cost that it would take to get him.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:29 AM
  #8
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,639
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
And they wouldnt already have that with Huberdeau & MacKinnon? You can stick just about anyone with those 2 and that should be a pretty damn good top line in the future. No need to add Drouin as well, especially at the cost that it would take to get him.
For Gudbranson and our 1st next year, Im making that deal. Petrovic can be that physical Dman for us, and while you are right about being able to add anyone to a Mac/Huby tandem, a Drouin-Mac-Huby line would be one of the most lethal lines in the game, eventually.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:49 AM
  #9
SoupyFIN
Moderator
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,221
vCash: 50
Don't think a trade of this caliber would happen between the two teams.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:05 AM
  #10
Sparksrus3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
3rd overall to the panthers for Gudbranson, first in 2014 and second in 2013 + whatever you want...

Do you think a deal could be made between those two teams to reunite Mackinnon and Drouin with the Panthers ?
GuDbranson was 3 overall after Taylor and Tyler just 3 years ago. This deal would be a massive overpay by fla.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:24 PM
  #11
Aela*
#MeatisMurder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,879
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
GuDbranson was 3 overall after Taylor and Tyler just 3 years ago. This deal would be a massive overpay by fla.
he hasn't really produced though, although he has been pretty good.

Drouin, Mackinnon and Huberdeau would be very good, but I think the Lightning keep him no matter what we offer, because he's a very St. Louis kind of player, and we all know how St. Louis does with Stamkos.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:39 PM
  #12
Rschmitz
Registered User
 
Rschmitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tampa Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Gudbranson might be the top 4 physical d we are looking for. Massive risk vs massive reward. I like the value here though to look past the risk and I would definitely do this

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
  #13
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
I don't get the fascination of getting Drouin and Mackinnon.

At least at What it would cost

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:00 PM
  #14
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
If Florida picks Mac (which they should unless Jones magically is available) then they should build around him and Huberdeau up front and keep their young blue chip dmen.

People overrate chemistry in junior. Two high end future NHLers will always dominate junior whether they have chemistry or not just because of the huge difference in skill. This isn't like the Sedins where they have played together their entire lives, it has just been a year or two.

I also don't like trading for prospect because they have chemistry with another prospect as a rule. Most top draft picks will pan out, but what if Mac is a first liner but for whatever reason Drouin is more a 2nd line/ top 9 guy. Prospects are too hard to predict and it would be a huge waste of assets if they don't even play on a line together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
And they wouldnt already have that with Huberdeau & MacKinnon? You can stick just about anyone with those 2 and that should be a pretty damn good top line in the future. No need to add Drouin as well, especially at the cost that it would take to get him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I don't get the fascination of getting Drouin and Mackinnon.

At least at What it would cost
All this I agree with. That trade would not be good for the team. That's taking one step forward and 4 steps back. And that's if that line turns out to be anything special at this level. Chances are that line would be temporary just like just about every other line in the NHL. Not to mention the chances of injury to one, two, or all three for an extended period of time. I think the total amount of time that line would stay together potentially could be much lower than a lot of people expected.


Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 05-13-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:06 PM
  #15
hfgreg
Obviously...
 
hfgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
This looks to be one of the best packages we have been offered for the 1st.. I don't think FLA does it though.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:47 PM
  #16
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
For Gudbranson and our 1st next year, Im making that deal. Petrovic can be that physical Dman for us, and while you are right about being able to add anyone to a Mac/Huby tandem, a Drouin-Mac-Huby line would be one of the most lethal lines in the game, eventually.
I'm a fan of the habs but I think I could become a fan of the panthers too if they could put toghetter a line of Drouin-Mac-Huby

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:34 PM
  #17
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
GuDbranson was 3 overall after Taylor and Tyler just 3 years ago. This deal would be a massive overpay by fla.
Drouin is an awesome prospect and I could bet anything that he have more value than Gudbranson had when he got drafted but I have to admit that the first in 2014 could be to much depending on what the panthers will do the next season.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:37 PM
  #18
wunderpanda
Sabretage
 
wunderpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
Wouldn't it be easier if Tampa traded Stamkos to Panthers for the 2nd overall?

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:39 PM
  #19
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Wouldn't it be easier if Tampa traded Stamkos to Panthers for the 2nd overall?
LOL nice one, thanks you made me laugh a lil bit here

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 04:57 PM
  #20
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Were we talking any other team than the Panthers, I'd do this deal in a second. Drouin could be a really elite offensive talent when he matues. Don't want to hand that over to a division team.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.