HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu: "Latendresse is too strong for junior hockey"

Old
09-27-2006, 12:45 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I would package Perezhogin a draft pick to get some more defensive help on the team. Keep Latendresse and Kostitsyn with the team.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Koivu

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
bazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I want to get my #84 Latendresse jersey, Saku make him stay!!
You got it buddy! I want one as well....

Check out the photos below...that's when I saw him in Halifax - front row!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dummondville 006.jpg‎ (134.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg dummondville 005.jpg‎ (143.4 KB, 111 views)

bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:34 PM
tinyzombies

Latendresse is the type of player we need. Look at Bernier in San Jose last year. He could be that guy for us.

Kostitsyn still needs work on his acceleration, quickness, physicality and urgency from what I've seen of him. Wouldn't hurt him to give him more top line time in the AHL. If he tears it up, even better. Bring him up for the first guy injured.

Putting Tender in the Q is just a waste of time.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 09-27-2006 at 01:41 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Orange

2 seasons ago, Koivu had similar things to say about Ryder. He then got a spot and ended up having a pretty good rookie season. History repeating ?

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:22 PM
yvresgyros

Koivu opened his mouth for Higgins' cause last year: he was right.
Koivu praised Ryder's abilities the previous camp: Calder stolen by the one season wonder Andrew "Jim Car"Raycroft.
Koivu on Latendresse: Right on, once more.

yvresgyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Darz

I can't believe the reaction Koivu's comment has gotten here.

To expand on what a couple other posters said, What did you expect Koivu to say??

Koivu when asked about a certain player, is going to come out and say something positive. His comment was made to praise Latendresse, not as a message to managment in any way. I'm sure he is impressed with Latendresse's play and no matter what management decides (keep Latendresse up, or send him to junior), Koivu will back management's decision, 100%, like a good captain should.

Last edited by Darz: 09-27-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:32 PM
DerekT

So, Koivu is definately going to be a pro scout when he retires. Or, you know, even more.

DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvresgyros View Post
Koivu opened his mouth for Higgins' cause last year: he was right.
Koivu praised Ryder's abilities the previous camp: Calder stolen by the one season wonder Andrew "Jim Car"Raycroft.
Koivu on Latendresse: Right on, once more.

Old
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
His comment about 'the hockey side' of things sort of indicates that he assumes everyone knows that it's a business and is managed as such. Fans don't always see it in those terms though, esp. not in this case. He was vocal last year in support of Higgins on a few occasions.

Keep in mind that in praising young players, he's commenting on 3 players all showing that they can contribute, so... Tough calls Bill.
Last year it was a given that Higgins was making the club though. We got that message from all levels of the team. This year Latendresse is in a dogfight for the last spot. To me, that makes what he said this year more significant.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Guy Caballero

Kovalev should come out in support of keeping Kostitsyn so we can have another full-blown team schism controversy. It's been too long since the last one.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post

To expand on what a couple other posters said, What did you expect Koivu to say??

Koivu when asked about a certain player, is going to come out and say something positive. His comment was made to praise Latendresse, not as a message to managment in any way. I'm sure he is impressed with Latendresse's play and no matter what management decides (keep Latendresse up, or send him to junior), Koivu will back management's decision, 100%, like a good captain should.

Darz, he did not just praise him like he did with the other kid. He stated that returning him to his junior team would be a waste. That's a huge statement.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post

But he raised a point we've never heard from anyone in the orginization... Gui can't learn anymore from the Q. He's a man among boys down there and half the time plays uninterested. He hasn't looked out of place in the pre-season for a single game...

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
But he raised a point we've never heard from anyone in the orginization... Gui can't learn anymore from the Q. He's a man among boys down there and half the time plays uninterested. He hasn't looked out of place in the pre-season for a single game...
agreed.

Old
09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
deandebean

Quote:
What happened to your points and why am I stuck at 500?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
What happened to your points and why am I stuck at 500?
I'm a gambling fiend and I always bet on the habs, so in the pre-season I lost all my dough

Old
09-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
I'm a gambling fiend and I always bet on the habs, so in the pre-season I lost all my dough
If you lose all of your vcash how do you gain some back if you can't bet any cash?

Old
09-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
If you lose all of your vcash how do you gain some back if you can't bet any cash?
They give you 25vbucks the next day. Then you gotta build up from there....very slow process.

Old
09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
They give you 25vbucks the next day. Then you gotta build up from there....very slow process.
Ah I see.

Old
09-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Latendresse is the type of player we need. Look at Bernier in San Jose last year. He could be that guy for us.

Kostitsyn still needs work on his acceleration, quickness, physicality and urgency from what I've seen of him. Wouldn't hurt him to give him more top line time in the AHL. If he tears it up, even better. Bring him up for the first guy injured.

Putting Tender in the Q is just a waste of time.
Agreed!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:52 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Always love to hear positive comments concerning our rookies. I think Koivu knows his place ( he usually does) so I guess if he came out and said it most (if not all) of the team probably agree.

I think it's fairly evident Guillaume is too good for junior but he still has holes in his game that the NHL will expose. He really is on the fence, as am I concerning his status. Last year, I knew for sure but this year, I wouldn't bet money he doesn't make the team.

Maybe , like everyone, I'm ready too much into it but I think it also speaks about the team "chemistry". The only reason for keeping Downey is because he's a "chemistry guy" but if the team rallies around Lats maybe it would make BG think twice about not only the better of the 2 players but the better player for the team's chemistry.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
I bet Koivu comes out with a new comment stating that his quotes about latendress where missunderstood and taken out of context.
lol.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
NewHabsEra*

Either Latendresse or Kostitsyn, the kid who will make it is gonna make our team even stronger... Amazing depth up front!

Latendresse can play on any lines, even on the fourth and still bring something to the team while Kostitsyn would be less effective on a fourth line so maybe Lats has the edge to make the team here.. On the first 3 lines, guys like Perezhogin, Ryder Samsonov could see some games from the pressbox this season...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Either Latendresse or Kostitsyn, the kid who will make it is gonna make our team even stronger... Amazing depth up front!

Latendresse can play on any lines, even on the fourth and still bring something to the team while Kostitsyn would be less effective on a fourth line so maybe Lats has the edge to make the team here.. On the first 3 lines, guys like Perezhogin, Ryder Samsonov could see some games from the pressbox this season...
Heck, why not send Koivu, Kovalev, Samsonov, Ryder and Ribeiro down to Hamilton?

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:33 PM
goalchenyuk

i would like to be a magicien , because i would make this thread disappeare of the members memory ; Than i would post it again , but after changing the name of Saku with the one of Ribeiro .

imagine how the posts would go in another direction ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote