HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu: "Latendresse is too strong for junior hockey"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2006, 12:45 PM
  #51
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,219
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I would package Perezhogin a draft pick to get some more defensive help on the team. Keep Latendresse and Kostitsyn with the team.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:56 PM
  #52
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Koivu

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
  #53
bazz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I want to get my #84 Latendresse jersey, Saku make him stay!!
You got it buddy! I want one as well....

Check out the photos below...that's when I saw him in Halifax - front row!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dummondville 006.jpg‎ (134.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg dummondville 005.jpg‎ (143.4 KB, 111 views)

bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:34 PM
  #54
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,459
vCash: 500
Latendresse is the type of player we need. Look at Bernier in San Jose last year. He could be that guy for us.

Kostitsyn still needs work on his acceleration, quickness, physicality and urgency from what I've seen of him. Wouldn't hurt him to give him more top line time in the AHL. If he tears it up, even better. Bring him up for the first guy injured.

Putting Tender in the Q is just a waste of time.


Last edited by tinyzombies: 09-27-2006 at 01:41 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
  #55
Orange
Registered User
 
Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
2 seasons ago, Koivu had similar things to say about Ryder. He then got a spot and ended up having a pretty good rookie season. History repeating ?

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:22 PM
  #56
yvresgyros
Registered User
 
yvresgyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Koivu opened his mouth for Higgins' cause last year: he was right.
Koivu praised Ryder's abilities the previous camp: Calder stolen by the one season wonder Andrew "Jim Car"Raycroft.
Koivu on Latendresse: Right on, once more.

yvresgyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
  #57
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
I can't believe the reaction Koivu's comment has gotten here.

To expand on what a couple other posters said, What did you expect Koivu to say??

Koivu when asked about a certain player, is going to come out and say something positive. His comment was made to praise Latendresse, not as a message to managment in any way. I'm sure he is impressed with Latendresse's play and no matter what management decides (keep Latendresse up, or send him to junior), Koivu will back management's decision, 100%, like a good captain should.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!

Last edited by Darz: 09-27-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:32 PM
  #58
DerekT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
So, Koivu is definately going to be a pro scout when he retires. Or, you know, even more.

DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:33 PM
  #59
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvresgyros View Post
Koivu opened his mouth for Higgins' cause last year: he was right.
Koivu praised Ryder's abilities the previous camp: Calder stolen by the one season wonder Andrew "Jim Car"Raycroft.
Koivu on Latendresse: Right on, once more.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
  #60
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
His comment about 'the hockey side' of things sort of indicates that he assumes everyone knows that it's a business and is managed as such. Fans don't always see it in those terms though, esp. not in this case. He was vocal last year in support of Higgins on a few occasions.

Keep in mind that in praising young players, he's commenting on 3 players all showing that they can contribute, so... Tough calls Bill.
Last year it was a given that Higgins was making the club though. We got that message from all levels of the team. This year Latendresse is in a dogfight for the last spot. To me, that makes what he said this year more significant.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:38 PM
  #61
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Kovalev should come out in support of keeping Kostitsyn so we can have another full-blown team schism controversy. It's been too long since the last one.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
  #62
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, cālisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I can't believe the reaction Koivu's comment has gotten here.

To expand on what a couple other posters said, What did you expect Koivu to say??

Koivu when asked about a certain player, is going to come out and say something positive. His comment was made to praise Latendresse, not as a message to managment in any way. I'm sure he is impressed with Latendresse's play and no matter what management decides (keep Latendresse up, or send him to junior), Koivu will back management's decision, 100%, like a good captain should.

Darz, he did not just praise him like he did with the other kid. He stated that returning him to his junior team would be a waste. That's a huge statement.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
  #63
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I can't believe the reaction Koivu's comment has gotten here.

To expand on what a couple other posters said, What did you expect Koivu to say??

Koivu when asked about a certain player, is going to come out and say something positive. His comment was made to praise Latendresse, not as a message to managment in any way. I'm sure he is impressed with Latendresse's play and no matter what management decides (keep Latendresse up, or send him to junior), Koivu will back management's decision, 100%, like a good captain should.
But he raised a point we've never heard from anyone in the orginization... Gui can't learn anymore from the Q. He's a man among boys down there and half the time plays uninterested. He hasn't looked out of place in the pre-season for a single game...

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
  #64
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
But he raised a point we've never heard from anyone in the orginization... Gui can't learn anymore from the Q. He's a man among boys down there and half the time plays uninterested. He hasn't looked out of place in the pre-season for a single game...
agreed.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
  #65
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, cālisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
But he raised a point we've never heard from anyone in the orginization... Gui can't learn anymore from the Q. He's a man among boys down there and half the time plays uninterested. He hasn't looked out of place in the pre-season for a single game...
What happened to your points and why am I stuck at 500?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:03 PM
  #66
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
What happened to your points and why am I stuck at 500?
I'm a gambling fiend and I always bet on the habs, so in the pre-season I lost all my dough

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:17 PM
  #67
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I'm a gambling fiend and I always bet on the habs, so in the pre-season I lost all my dough
If you lose all of your vcash how do you gain some back if you can't bet any cash?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:19 PM
  #68
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
If you lose all of your vcash how do you gain some back if you can't bet any cash?
They give you 25vbucks the next day. Then you gotta build up from there....very slow process.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
  #69
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
They give you 25vbucks the next day. Then you gotta build up from there....very slow process.
Ah I see.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:35 PM
  #70
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Latendresse is the type of player we need. Look at Bernier in San Jose last year. He could be that guy for us.

Kostitsyn still needs work on his acceleration, quickness, physicality and urgency from what I've seen of him. Wouldn't hurt him to give him more top line time in the AHL. If he tears it up, even better. Bring him up for the first guy injured.

Putting Tender in the Q is just a waste of time.
Agreed!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 04:52 PM
  #71
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
Always love to hear positive comments concerning our rookies. I think Koivu knows his place ( he usually does) so I guess if he came out and said it most (if not all) of the team probably agree.

I think it's fairly evident Guillaume is too good for junior but he still has holes in his game that the NHL will expose. He really is on the fence, as am I concerning his status. Last year, I knew for sure but this year, I wouldn't bet money he doesn't make the team.

Maybe , like everyone, I'm ready too much into it but I think it also speaks about the team "chemistry". The only reason for keeping Downey is because he's a "chemistry guy" but if the team rallies around Lats maybe it would make BG think twice about not only the better of the 2 players but the better player for the team's chemistry.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:02 PM
  #72
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
I bet Koivu comes out with a new comment stating that his quotes about latendress where missunderstood and taken out of context.
lol.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
  #73
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Either Latendresse or Kostitsyn, the kid who will make it is gonna make our team even stronger... Amazing depth up front!

Latendresse can play on any lines, even on the fourth and still bring something to the team while Kostitsyn would be less effective on a fourth line so maybe Lats has the edge to make the team here.. On the first 3 lines, guys like Perezhogin, Ryder Samsonov could see some games from the pressbox this season...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:28 PM
  #74
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Either Latendresse or Kostitsyn, the kid who will make it is gonna make our team even stronger... Amazing depth up front!

Latendresse can play on any lines, even on the fourth and still bring something to the team while Kostitsyn would be less effective on a fourth line so maybe Lats has the edge to make the team here.. On the first 3 lines, guys like Perezhogin, Ryder Samsonov could see some games from the pressbox this season...
Heck, why not send Koivu, Kovalev, Samsonov, Ryder and Ribeiro down to Hamilton?

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 05:33 PM
  #75
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
i would like to be a magicien , because i would make this thread disappeare of the members memory ; Than i would post it again , but after changing the name of Saku with the one of Ribeiro .

imagine how the posts would go in another direction ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.