HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2013, 11:51 AM
  #276
Ranger27
Registered User
 
Ranger27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
we scored last night was in part because he was standing in front of Holtby

Poeman
This is the most accurate statement I've seen! Holtby has been good and we are making him look great simply because we are not consistantly getting bodies and pucks to the net.

Ranger27 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:00 PM
  #277
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
We must be the unluckiest team in the world. Everytime the playoffs come around, our top players get "injured" and don't produce.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
  #278
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger27 View Post
Poeman
This is the most accurate statement I've seen! Holtby has been good and we are making him look great simply because we are not consistantly getting bodies and pucks to the net.
The only one that did it consistently and somewhat effectively was Voros. And that was how many years ago?????

M0rbid is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
  #279
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Pretty sure we heard the same thing last year about Callahan. Pretty sure you were wrong then, too. Nash isn't hurt. He's just not playing well. If he weren't Rick Nash, you wouldn't be making excuses for him.

Quote:
Rick Nash has been wearing a wrap on his left wrist for over a month. More worrying though are his legs. It appears that his legs are gone. He’s wobbling when he’s skating and he’s comically fallen over on multiple occasions. When Nash delivers a check, it’s without the force one would expect from a 6’4” 213 pound behemoth of a player.

While Nash isn’t broadcasting his injuries to media, this is the time of year when players are expected to dig deep regardless of what kind of injury they’re suffering from. For Nash, his right knee could be the main issue plaguing him. He attempted to check Capitals’ defenseman Mike Green in Game 3 and missed, slamming his right knee into the boards.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...ers-in-game-6/

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:20 PM
  #280
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
What was his excuse in game 1 and 2?

M0rbid is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
  #281
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
What was his excuse in game 1 and 2?
See the first sentence of the article he posted. Wrist hasn't been good since March.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
  #282
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
See the first sentence of the article he posted. Wrist hasn't been good since March.
Who doesnt play with injuries in the playoffs? Look at Zucc.

M0rbid is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:23 PM
  #283
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Who doesnt play with injuries in the playoffs? Look at Zucc.
Zuccs had injured wrists since last year.

He is going to get surgery on them again after the season is over. No excuses for Nash.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:23 PM
  #284
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Zuccs had injured wrists since last year.

He is going to get surgery on them again after the season is over. No excuses for Nash.
Thank you, Exactly.

M0rbid is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:27 PM
  #285
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,440
vCash: 500
Because Zuc has been scoring a ton. You don't put as much force into passes as you do into shots.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
  #286
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Because Zuc has been scoring a ton. You don't put as much force into passes as you do into shots.
Zucc has 4 times as many points as Nash does and has played consistently better. I'm sure his wrists bother him while doing so.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:41 PM
  #287
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Nash is doing an awful lot of stickhandling for someone who may have an injured wrist.

There definitely seems to be an issue with his legs, but it may be lack of conditioning rather than injury. It looked like his legs were cramping up in Game 5, and according to Keith Jones, the trainer had to massage both of his legs.

OverTheCap is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:41 PM
  #288
toewsintangibles
Registered User
 
toewsintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
If he's injured, he will step out of the lineup. At this point Brian Boyle is outscoring him and that's shameful.

toewsintangibles is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:50 PM
  #289
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Because Zuc has been scoring a ton. You don't put as much force into passes as you do into shots.
lol?

Zuccarello has been playing at a high level since he joined the Rangers. He was slated for surgery after his KHL season, but got a contract offer with the Rangers instead and he's been one of the team's top forwards with broken wrists. Even in playoffs, he is creating a lot of room for his linemates and is on ice for 60% of team's goals. Zuccarello's never had a great shot anyways.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 12:57 PM
  #290
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,386
vCash: 400
Nash is being double-teamed every time he steps on the ice. It's really that simple. Rangers have the same pressure on Ovechkin who's been silenced since game 1.

Krams is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
  #291
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,104
vCash: 500
No more mooning the goalie. Just shoot em in... stop with these stupid dekes

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:20 PM
  #292
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
He literally had 3 Caps pulling and tugging at him right before BrassGod's goal. He did a great job gaining the zone.

However, he needs to stop with the spinning and twirling.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:25 PM
  #293
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
He literally had 3 Caps pulling and tugging at him right before BrassGod's goal. He did a great job gaining the zone.

However, he needs to stop with the spinning and twirling.
When he used the power of greyskull to power through that, he threw the fancy junk to the wind. And it worked.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:43 PM
  #294
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
He played pretty well yesterday while being injured.

Its just unfair to say "Well Zucc is playing through an injury and putting up points so Nash should too". We have no idea what type of injury or how severe those injuries are.

It sure is easy to sit in the sidelines and yell at a player that he should be fighting through the injury and putting points up like its nothing.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:47 PM
  #295
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
He played pretty well yesterday while being injured.

Its just unfair to say "Well Zucc is playing through an injury and putting up points so Nash should too". We have no idea what type of injury or how severe those injuries are.

It sure is easy to sit in the sidelines and yell at a player that he should be fighting through the injury and putting points up like its nothing.
You're presenting an argument about splitting the hairs of an injury that could be completely made up in the first place.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  #296
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You're presenting an argument about splitting the hairs of an injury that could be completely made up in the first place.
So we can not speculate as to an injury to Nash but we could speculate as to what Clowe's injury was prior to this last one?

It's the playoffs, speculate away.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  #297
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
So we can not speculate as to an injury to Nash but we could speculate as to what Clowe's injury was prior to this last one?

It's the playoffs, speculate away.
Not sure what your point is. Clowe's injuries have kept him out of the lineup.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  #298
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,212
vCash: 116
He can still be a factor, use that frame in front and score some dirty goals. Stop twirling like a ****ing ballerina, use your size advantage and bull rush to the outside and get a shot on goal on the rush. He needs to simplify his game

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 01:55 PM
  #299
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Not sure what your point is. Clowe's injuries have kept him out of the lineup.
I'm just "busting your balls"


NYR Viper is offline  
Old
05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
  #300
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I'm just "busting your balls"

Ha.

If its confirmed that Nash is injured, maybe we should extend him for another few years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.