HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Predict Bulldogs roster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
  #1
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Predict Bulldogs roster

Well things are a little clearer as to what the Bulldogs should look like:

Here is the training camp roster:

41 Aubin, Mathieu C 1986-09-18 6.03 204 lbs R
44 Bonneau, Jimmy LW 1985-03-22 6.03 224 lbs L
22 D'Agostini, Matt RW 1986-10-23 6.00 181 lbs R
14 Daoust, Jean-Michel RW 1983-11-24 5.07 154 lbs R
25 Lambert, Michael LW 1984-03-10 6.02 200 lbs R
24 Lemieux, Francis C 1984-02-22 5.11 184 lbs R
7 Manlow, Eric LW 1975-04-07 6.00 205 lbs L
19 Milroy, Duncan RW 1983-02-08 6.01 204 lbs R
28 Pegoraro, Daniel C 1984-01-13 5.11 180 lbs L
16 Reynolds, Scott LW 1981-03-17 6.01 195 lbs R
76 Stewart, Greg LW 1986-05-21 6.02 197 lbs L
20 Stortini, Zachary C 1985-09-11 6.03 216 lbs R
10 Urquhart, Cory C 1984-10-01 6.03 200 lbs L
- Locke, Cory
- Ferland, Jon
- Baines, Ajay
- Chipchura, Kyle
- Grabovsky, Mike

On NHL bubble:

-Kostitsyn, Andrei
-Murray, Garth
-Downey, Aaron



Defense No. Name Pos DOB Ht. Wt. Shoots
55 Archer, Andrew D 1983-05-15 6.04 212 lbs R
21 Beaulieu, Pier- D 1984-02-24 6.04 203 lbs
23 Crawford, Scott D 1979-04-21 6.00 185 lbs
33 Day, Riley D 1985-10-08 6.02 227 lbs R
5 Gleed, Jon D 1984-01-03 6.02 210 lbs R
2 Joanisse, Andre D 1985-05-15 6.02 229 lbs
27 Martin, Conrad D 1982-10-25 6.01 215 lbs R
31 St. Denis, Fred D 1986-01-23 5.11 188 lbs
17 Tuomi, Niko D 1983-02-10 6.01 190 lbs L
- Groulx, Danny

On NHL bubble:

Jancevski
O'Byrne
Benoit

Goalies No. Name Pos DOB Ht. Wt. Catches
30 Desjardins, Cedrick G 1985-09-30 6.00 185 lbs
1 Grumet-Morris, Dov G 1982-02-28 6.02 198 lbs
29 Halak, Jaroslak
- Danis


Some interesting tryouts, incluiding Stortini, Tuomi and Grumet-Morris, once a fairly highly touted Sharks prospect.

Any guesses on the opening night roster? Whatever the final group, the team will be much like the parent NHL roster....lots of depth in nets and up front...lack of depth on the blueline.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
  #2
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
If I had to guess, for opening night in Hamilton, Kostitsyn will be there as Latendresse is given a 10-game tryout contract, and Perezhogin will be given a chance. Souray is good to go, and Jancevski is kept as the 7th d-man in Montreal.

Assuming some of these "centers" can play the wing, something like:

Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Ferland
Manlow - Locke - Baines
Lemieux - Chipchura - D'Agostini
Lambert - Aubin - Milroy

O'Byrne - Archer
Benoit - Gleed
XXX - Sanford (if he gets into shape)

Danis
Halak

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 07:33 PM
  #3
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn - Grabovski - D'Agostini
Manlow - Locke - Aubin
Lemieux - Chipchura - Ferland
Baine - Lapierre - Milroy

O'Byrne - Benoit
Archer - Gleed
St. Denis - Sanford (if he gets into shape)

Danis
Halak

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 07:54 PM
  #4
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
If I had to guess, for opening night in Hamilton, Kostitsyn will be there as Latendresse is given a 10-game tryout contract, and Perezhogin will be given a chance. Souray is good to go, and Jancevski is kept as the 7th d-man in Montreal.

Assuming some of these "centers" can play the wing, something like:

Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Ferland
Manlow - Locke - Baines
Lemieux - Chipchura - D'Agostini
Lambert - Aubin - Milroy

O'Byrne - Archer
Benoit - Gleed
XXX - Sanford (if he gets into shape)

Danis
Halak


I think your lineup is close - I meant to add Sanford as "Really on the bubble", and forgot to add Lapierre.

I'm supposing that Groulx will stand a good chance of making the squad, especially with Sanford being out of the picture right now... and I expect Stewart, Urquhart and perhaps Stortini to challenge for spots on the roster - if Urquhart has any hope of ever accomplishing something at the pro level he better at least give Aubin, a 20-year-old as of last week, a run for his money. I'm hoping Milroy gets a shot on one of the top two lines over Baines...Milroy's only 23 so I haven't given up totally on him just yet.

Once Cote and Bouillon are healthy...

Jancevski- Cote
O'Byrne - Archer
Benoit - Gleed
Sanford/Groulx

That's not a half bad AHL defence, but if Kosty makes the Habs and Grabovsky is out for awhile, there will certainly be a lack of flash on the forward units. D'Agostini is my choice to come in and secure a vital role right off the bat, hopefully so will Grabovsky.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:00 PM
  #5
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
I think your lineup is close - I meant to add Sanford as "Really on the bubble", and forgot to add Lapierre.

I'm supposing that Groulx will stand a good chance of making the squad, especially with Sanford being out of the picture right now... and I expect Stewart, Urquhart and perhaps Stortini to challenge for spots on the roster - if Urquhart has any hope of ever accomplishing something at the pro level he better at least give Aubin, a 20-year-old as of last week, a run for his money. I'm hoping Milroy gets a shot on one of the top two lines over Baines...Milroy's only 23 so I haven't given up totally on him just yet.

Once Cote and Bouillon are healthy...

Jancevski- Cote
O'Byrne - Archer
Benoit - Gleed
Sanford/Groulx

That's not a half bad AHL defence, but if Kosty makes the Habs and Grabovsky is out for awhile, there will certainly be a lack of flash on the forward units. D'Agostini is my choice to come in and secure a vital role right off the bat, hopefully so will Grabovsky.
True, I was going off your list and forgot Lapierre as well.

Hmm camp should be interesting for Hamilton as well. Not a lot of spots for a lot of young players.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:09 PM
  #6
frederixx
Registered User
 
frederixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Kostitsyn - Grabovski - D'Agostini
Manlow - Locke - Aubin
Lemieux - Chipchura - Ferland
Baine - Lapierre - Milroy

O'Byrne - Benoit
Archer - Gleed
St. Denis - Sanford (if he gets into shape)

Danis
Halak
really nice lineup, but expect alot of recalls from the guys up there...

you can also expect a regular to be traded for a D and a youngster get recalled

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
  #7
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Roster in December if Kosty is still around:


Kostitsyn - Locke - Milroy
Ferland - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Lemieux - Chipchura - Manlow
Lambert - Grabovski - Baines
Aubin

Jancevski- Cote
O'Byrne - Archer
Benoit - Gleed
Sanford/Groulx

Danis
Halak

Is that a playoff contender?

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:33 PM
  #8
larue*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Does Chipper wear the C?

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:36 PM
  #9
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,303
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kotstitsyn - Grabovsky - Aubin will be your first line
D'Agostini - Locke - Lemieux
Lambert - Lapierre - Urquhart
Manlow - Chipchura - Baines

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 08:56 PM
  #10
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,055
vCash: 50
kostitsyn-grabovski-d'agostini
manlow-locke-lemieux
ferland-lampierre-aubin
lambert-chipchura-milroy
bains

O'Byrne- Cote
st-denis-Jancevski
Benoit - Archer
Groulx/ Gleed/sanford

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.