HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Your Personal Sharks Jersey Collection

Old
04-30-2013, 03:57 PM
jurisdoctor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
I'd like to do some jersey customization for this era Sharks jersey (specifically the black one). Anyone know a good place that's still stitching these?

Also, any tips on removing the stupid silver size/reebok patch on the lower right hand side of the replicas?
Ducummons Sports in San Jose does great customization on current and vintage jerseys. I've gotten several of my jerseys done there and they always do a great job. The Sharks Store contracts them to do all their stitching, so they know what they're doing.

As far as the patch, use a seam ripper and you'll be good to go.

jurisdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
SFtoBoston
Left-Heart-In-SF

vCash: 50
Thornton Home
Thornton Away
Marleau Home

and my first and favorite...

Mike Ricci Away

I also have a Thornton Bruins jersey. I wear it to Bruins games (when they are not playing the Sharks) to show a little current Shark love. Also have a Red Wings jersey with my last name, which was given to me as a gift and somehow has not been burned yet.

SFtoBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:45 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFtoBoston View Post
Thornton Home
Thornton Away
Marleau Home

Mike Ricci Away

I also have a Thornton Bruins jersey. I wear it to Bruins games (when they are not playing the Sharks) to show a little current Shark love. Also have a Red Wings jersey with my last name, which was given to me as a gift and somehow has not been burned yet.
Get out. Get out and never return.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
SHARPENCAP

Send a message via AIM to SHARPENCAP Send a message via MSN to SHARPENCAP Send a message via Yahoo to SHARPENCAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisdoctor View Post
Ducummons Sports in San Jose does great customization on current and vintage jerseys. I've gotten several of my jerseys done there and they always do a great job. The Sharks Store contracts them to do all their stitching, so they know what they're doing.

Well said! Ducummons however does not remove patches so that person needs to be extra care and do it himself

SHARPENCAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:08 PM
SHARPENCAP

Send a message via AIM to SHARPENCAP Send a message via MSN to SHARPENCAP Send a message via Yahoo to SHARPENCAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFtoBoston View Post
Thornton Home
Thornton Away
Marleau Home

Mike Ricci Away

What number Thornton bruins ? Don't feel so bad a friend of mine gave me a rookie photo photo wearing the number 6

Old
05-01-2013, 05:45 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

Quote:

Thanks for the tips. I used a seam ripper and it worked like a charm. Makes the jersey look 10x better.

sharksohnoes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
BillR10

vCash: 480
Ok, I have a few, let's see if I can remember them all.

Ray Sheppard - signed by Marleau

Michalek - signed by Marleau, Clowe and roenick

Graves - signed by graves, Nabokov, Hannan, Harvey, damphoouse, selanne, Nolan, cheechoo, McLean, shelley, Thornton, Pavelski, Havlat, roenick, demers, and handzus

Thornton (teal) - signed by Thornton

Thornton (white auth) unsigned

Cheechoo (white auth) unsigned

Mitchell unsigned

Marleau unsigned

Setoguchi unsigned

Last edited by BillR10: 05-02-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Figured people would think James
BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
Thanks for the tips. I used a seam ripper and it worked like a charm. Makes the jersey look 10x better.
People who know how to operate a seam ripper are brave people in my mind good job :-)

Old
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR10 View Post
Ok, I have a few, let's see if I can remember them all.

Ray Sheppard - signed by Marleau

Michalek - signed by Marleau, Clowe and roenick

Graves - signed by graves, Nabokov, Hannan, Harvey, damphoouse, selanne, Nolan, cheechoo, McLean, shelley, Thornton, Pavelski, Havlat, roenick, demers, and handzus

Thornton (teal) - signed by Thornton

Thornton (white auth) unsigned

Cheechoo (white auth) unsigned

Mitchell unsigned

Marleau unsigned

Setoguchi unsigned
Hey quick question for you .. Do you ever plan on removing the Whitney name bar and getting a Marleau on it ? It is signed by Marleau after all?

Old
05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
BillR10

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARPENCAP View Post
Hey quick question for you .. Do you ever plan on removing the Whitney name bar and getting a Marleau on it ? It is signed by Marleau after all?
I dont have a whitney, I'm guessing you your talking about my Ray Sheppard jersey. Ran into Marleau in a mall food court in long island the year he was injured and all the trade rumors were circling with people calling for a change and his head. Had to have him sign something lol.

BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan

vCash: 1185
#4 Kyle McLaren (Away)
#14 Jonathan Cheecho (Black)
#19 Joe Thornton (Away)
#8 Joe Pavelski (Home)

Burns is next....

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:24 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR10 View Post
I dont have a whitney, I'm guessing you your talking about my Ray Sheppard jersey. Ran into Marleau in a mall food court in long island the year he was injured and all the trade rumors were circling with people calling for a change and his head. Had to have him sign something lol.
Oh oops ! I read that wrong ! In that case congrats on getting a Marleau sig in person outside of the HP I've only met the guy once an that was at the blood drive four years ago but I def want to meet him again

Old
05-03-2013, 12:28 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw View Post
#4 Kyle McLaren (Away)
#14 Jonathan Cheecho (Black)
#19 Joe Thornton (Away)
#8 Joe Pavelski (Home)

Burns is next....
What color? Perhaps tri color of a mixture of all three jerseys ? I still don't know who got the idea of doing the old school ccm of the white and teal was total ingenious and I keep missing my chance to get one

Old
05-04-2013, 02:20 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaShark View Post
Is there anyone that we want traded (or not re-signed)? If my son gets a jersey, then that player is traded or not re-signed (Nabby, Setoguchi)
Pm me I don't understand what your asking ..

Old
05-04-2013, 03:12 PM
nerdybeard

Just got my first jersey after just rocking hoodies/hats/tshirts all the time. Figured I'd step my game up for this year's playoff run.

Burns - home teal

nerdybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:30 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

I just got this beauty in the mail. Dedicated to my paisano, USF Shark

Old
05-07-2013, 01:22 AM
jurisdoctor

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeat View Post
Just got my first jersey after just rocking hoodies/hats/tshirts all the time. Figured I'd step my game up for this year's playoff run.

Burns - home teal
Amongst many other "firsts" in life, you'll never forget your very first hockey jersey!

Old
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
stator

vCash: 475
Just added a Edge 1.0 7187A with McLaren, #4 on the back which is inbound now. Sure hope it is not another Chinese knock-off, but it was cheap.

stator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 05:18 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stator View Post
Just added a Edge 1.0 7187A with McLaren, #4 on the back which is inbound now. Sure hope it is not another Chinese knock-off, but it was cheap.
That isn't a knock off ! But you stole my jersey! Lol I wanted that in my collection

Old
05-11-2013, 04:47 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

I think I finally decided on Couture for the current home teal, Pavelski and Burns(not sure which of them will go on the black and which on the white though).

tattooedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:14 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsean View Post
I think I finally decided on Couture for the current home teal, Pavelski and Burns(not sure which of them will go on the black and which on the white though).
Go with pavs he scored the first goal in this playoffs year

Old
05-13-2013, 03:35 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

I need some opinions. I just picked up this pristine 90's home jersey for $30 (rad).

I've been wanting an Irbe jersey for as long as I can remember. Based on some recommendations around here, I hit up Ducummons and they said that they have the appropriate lettering and can make the jersey for me. Thanks for the tip! Anyway, I'm thinking that I want to add a patch on there as well, but can't decide which to go with. I'm thinking:

A: NHL 75th anniversary patch (Worn during the 91-92 season. Sharks inaugural year and Irbe's rookie season)

B: Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch (worn during the 92-93 season.

Which should I go with!?

ALSO, Ducummons is doing a Playoff Special right now. Any name and number for $50. Usually $65-$85!

Old
05-13-2013, 04:26 PM
SHARPENCAP

In my opinion go with Baker or make it a Marleau rookie jersey I don't see those too often.. Or better yet make it with your own last name and and lucky number now that will be unique and no one would copy it unless you decide to get another jersey with the same number but whatever you choose I hope it is a good one.. Just another suggestion do not get anyone that is in the current roster except Marleau who didn't get the chance to wear the jersey in their career that will kind of look weird.. It ll look like Niemi with the first style jersey.. Yeah people might be like you know he didnt play for us back then right? So anyways make your decision :-) Share once your done

Old
05-13-2013, 04:32 PM
jurisdoctor

Imo

Go with the 75th Anniversary patch; just think it looks better than the Cup one. Anyway, just out of curiosity, where'd you pick up that jersey from? EBay? Looks like you got a great deal!

Old
05-13-2013, 05:23 PM
bob330i

Quote:
Go with the 75th Anniversary patch; just think it looks better than the Cup one. Anyway, just out of curiosity, where'd you pick up that jersey from? EBay? Looks like you got a great deal!
Agree with 75th patch. I don't recall the year/vintage of the 100th patch. My white original doesn't have anything on it.

$50 is a great deal at Ducommon's. Great quality. Does anyone know how long the promo goes for?

bob330i is offline   Reply With Quote