HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Reimer robs Bergeron

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 06:01 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
There were still some question marks.
Yes I suppose

Old
05-13-2013, 08:36 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
No he doesn't

CBC said during one of the games that Rask let up HALF the rebounds that Reimer did despite Rask facing MORE shots

People can't accept that Reimer is a rebound machine
It's not in the dark. Everyone knows that Reimer can fight it a bit; But he is a battler and when he is keeping the puck within reach, he usually has a decent game.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segnasty19 View Post
I love how Rask called out Phaneuf before making the save.
Rask has been unreal.

This series, for me, is being dominated by goaltending. Both are completely dialed in.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
CBC said during one of the games that Rask let up HALF the rebounds that Reimer did despite Rask facing MORE shots
CBC also feels a need to point out every single Saturday that Reimer has a weak high glove, even in cases where he doesn't get scored on high glove and ignoring the fact that corners are pretty good targets for goalscorers... at least they're right about the rebound thing.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
marquee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espher View Post
CBC also feels a need to point out every single Saturday that Reimer has a weak high glove, even in cases where he doesn't get scored on high glove and ignoring the fact that corners are pretty good targets for goalscorers... at least they're right about the rebound thing.
Oh please that glove hand is pathetic. CBC is also doing a great job overrating his play this series and its influenced the brainwashed leaf nation. How many times was the puck shot right at him last night? the only legit scoring chance i recall is krejci shot on a 3 on 1 where he missed the mark. Oh and the wrap around shot where he was way out of position as he cant track the puck.

The bruins inability to create any chances for themselves is making him look good.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:27 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
Oh please that glove hand is pathetic. CBC is also doing a great job overrating his play this series and its influenced the brainwashed leaf nation. How many times was the puck shot right at him last night? the only legit scoring chance i recall is krejci shot on a 3 on 1 where he missed the mark. Oh and the wrap around shot where he was way out of position as he cant track the puck.

The bruins inability to create any chances for themselves is making him look good.
Oh dear lord.

This is the typical type of fan that I expected to see. No credit what-so-ever on anything. Not only do you say Reimer is not making any quality saves; it's also because the bruins aren't developing plays on their own.

It sounds like the same old "Leafs didn't win the game, the Bruins just lost it"

To the level headed fans, Good series guys! good hockey all around.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Kesselology
81 Jump Street

vCash: 50
Quote:

I know right? The only good saves Rask makes are in the same 6x4 foot area, ANYONE can do that right?

Old
05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Not really trying to start a flame war. Reimer has been playing very solid, but not exceptional. I feel like the Bruins are beating themselves when it comes to Reimer. As far as Rask is concerned...I feel like he's the reason that the Bruins are still in the series because from what I've seen of the series, outside of game 1, Toronto has been outskating Boston for the most part.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:09 PM
DoubleDouble
The black cocaine.

What if I said the Leafs were just making Rask look good because they haven't created enough scoring plays...

Old
05-13-2013, 12:12 PM
John Stamos
Have Mercy!

Reims is very good, it's a shame that people have a hard time admitting it to themselves

Old
05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Gutchecktime

Quote:

Oh wow.

This is really dumb. There's just nothing you can say to a person like this.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:45 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:

What colour is they sky in your world?

Old
05-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:

Old
05-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Clark4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLongR0D View Post
Reims is very good, it's a shame that people have a hard time admitting it to themselves
It's because he lacks basic fundamentals but has still managed to get the job done. If he had a great glove hand and developed better rebound control, he could develop into an elite goaltender.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:55 PM
John Stamos
Have Mercy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
It's because he lacks basic fundamentals but has still managed to get the job done. If he had a great glove hand and developed better rebound control, he could develop into an elite goaltender.
Outside of a couple games in this series and a couple in the regular season, his rebound control hasn't ever really been a huge problem. Usually kicks it out to the right place, or it drops and he pounces on it. Things are just magnified in the playoffs and now we will have to hear about it constantly for a very long time.

Old
05-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLongR0D View Post
Outside of a couple games in this series and a couple in the regular season, his rebound control hasn't ever really been a huge problem. Usually kicks it out to the right place, or it drops and he pounces on it. Things are just magnified in the playoffs and now we will have to hear about it constantly for a very long time.
Have loved how Reimer stepped up his play in game 5 and 6 but that is false. His rebound control has always been a problem and it really has been noticeable throughout the year as well.

Really like the guy, but he really does need to work on his rebound control big time.

Old
05-13-2013, 03:31 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Have loved how Reimer stepped up his play in game 5 and 6 but that is false. His rebound control has always been a problem and it really has been noticeable throughout the year as well.

Really like the guy, but he really does need to work on his rebound control big time.
His rebound control was really good before he got injured

Old
05-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
That's subjective I guess because for as long as I've been watching Reimer, his rebound control has ALWAYS been a problem. He has his good days and bad but overall that's one of his biggest weaknesses which needs to be improved.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:28 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
His playstyle is more indicative of his rebound control than him pre/post injury.

He's a very block first, react maybe goalie. He plays big, seals up and is usually always on angle.

Mix that with his lack of a glove hand and hard faced goalie pads, he gives up some juice ones and always had.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Erik Alfredsson
Beast Mode Cowboy!

Good save, but Bergeron shot it right at his foot, your kidding yourself if you say otherwise. If he shot is at the empty space and Reimer did this than holy crap but this was good, but defiantly not the save of the Playoffs.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:48 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Alfredsson View Post
Good save, but Bergeron shot it right at his foot, your kidding yourself if you say otherwise. If he shot is at the empty space and Reimer did this than holy crap but this was good, but defiantly not the save of the Playoffs.
It's really quite easy to discern those who have played hockey and those who haven't when you get comments like these.

Old
05-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Discoverer

Quote:
If he shot is at the empty space
You just described every single save ever made.

Old
05-13-2013, 05:26 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
It's really quite easy to discern those who have played hockey and those who haven't when you get comments like these.
Pretty much... a situation like that is fast in beer league nevermind the NHL

Old
05-13-2013, 05:33 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
You should watch the save again.

Old
05-13-2013, 05:36 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Reimer would have gotten pulled a few games ago if we could just bury the ****ing puck. It's been on us missing the easy shots, not him stopping them.

Closed Thread