HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2013 Regular Season

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Hi guys, just want to pop in for a question in the midst of the doom and gloom.

I'm heading to Philadelphia in June to watch a couple of games in the beginning of the month. Do you think I'll have any troubles getting tickets?

It went fine last year, but that was in September in a losing season, and while this season isn't looking up, it won't be done by early June.

I don't think I would have any problems getting tickets for the games, but I wanted to check with you guys.
Ticket sales have went down greatly this year, you'll be fine. With StubHub you can get a ticket to any game anywhere in the stadium easily.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
You won't have a problem getting tickets unless its a Yankees or Red Sox game (maybe?). I would suggest waiting as long as possible to get tickets. Considering demand these days you should be able to get a good deal by then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Ticket sales have went down greatly this year, you'll be fine. With StubHub you can get a ticket to any game anywhere in the stadium easily.
Thanks guys, won't have to worry about that then! Looking forward to it.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Brayden Pattison

They're on the road for a big chunk of early June: http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...lendar=DEFAULT

Old
05-11-2013, 03:03 PM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...lies-fans.html

Quote:
Halladay: I've been thinking just the last couple of days. I just felt like I should address the fans. I know there is a lot of mixed opinions on pitching, not pitching, all that kind of stuff. I know there are people who are disappointed about how I pitched the last two years. I know there are a lot of people who are very supportive.

So, one, I just wanted to thank them for their support. And my heart goes out to all of the people who spend all of their money and go out to the games and don't get to see what they want to see. I know I'm not the whole team. There are still a lot of guys out there and it's a fun team to watch. But I feel bad that I'm missing the time that I am. I feel bad for the fans that I'm missing the time.

It's tough. You feel an obligation to the organization, to your teammates, to the fans to try to go out and pitch. Especially on a competitive team that sells out. For me, that was a big factor. If I'm playing for a last-place team and there's things going on, you maybe speak up. But we have a chance to go win a World Series and we have sellouts and fans have expectations. You want to do everything you can to try to make it work.

Really, that was a lot of the reason I tried to keep going. Like I said, I never really felt the pain. I just wanted to reach out to the fans, thank them for their support and apologize to the ones who pay the money and show up in the second inning and it's 9-0. I apologize to the fans that I won't be out there for three months.

I don't feel like I have to apologize to the team because I think they know. I just want the fans to know that I'm thinking about them. I don't take that for granted. I don't take playing for Philadelphia for granted.

Old
05-12-2013, 09:24 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
This is why I went off on people booing Roy. He's the ****ing man and he gives a ****. My favorite player for a reason.

05-13-2013, 03:03 PM
flyersfan314

Does anyone know a good place to talk Phillies baseball?

I love this community. Great talk on the Flyers. I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar community for the Phillies. Thanks.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:57 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan314 View Post
I love this community. Great talk on the Flyers. I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar community for the Phillies. Thanks.
Really not much out there. Honestly, one of the reasons why I post here is cause many phillies communities are either clique like or insanely pessimistic. Plus, I've seen places really step over the line with talk about players families and stuff. It's not cool.

I think backshegoes.com might be closest to what you are looking for, though. There's some good conversation there and they won't put you through a firing squad just for having a different opinion. That's my best suggestion.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:07 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Really not much out there. Honestly, one of the reasons why I post here is cause many phillies communities are either clique like or insanely pessimistic. Plus, I've seen places really step over the line with talk about players families and stuff. It's not cool.

I think backshegoes.com might be closest to what you are looking for, though. There's some good conversation there and they won't put you through a firing squad just for having a different opinion. That's my best suggestion.
You new here?

Old
05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
You new here?
Lol, it's much worse other places as hard as that is to believe. It may just be the genuine hatred of players though that ticks me off. I get mad at Jimmy and Howard but I would never wish for them to die or believe that they are purposely killing the team. That's what gets me.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:11 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Anyone know why Utley was given the night off? I've only heard speculation, nothing concrete.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:11 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Anyone know why Utley was given the night off? I've only heard speculation, nothing concrete.
charlie said he just wanted to give him a rest and insisted it wasn't cause of the lefty starting tonight. i don't know, it seems kinda stupid being as though they were off yesterday and he was 4 for 5 the day before but that chuck for you.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:44 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
to f up my fantasy stats/chances

Old
05-14-2013, 10:15 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
charlie said he just wanted to give him a rest and insisted it wasn't cause of the lefty starting tonight. i don't know, it seems kinda stupid being as though they were off yesterday and he was 4 for 5 the day before but that chuck for you.
It's charlie manuel, so nothing makes sense. Was it necessary for DeFratus to pitch to only one hitter and bring in Horst? No. But he did it anyway. Howard should've been the one who sat but Charlie is weird. His weird moves worked out tonight for once so whatever. On to the next game.

Old
05-15-2013, 09:39 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

De Fratus must've said Molly Hatchet sucks in the clubhouse or something, because I can't figure out why else Chuck won't give this kid a damn chance!

Old
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Quote:
Source: #Phillies, Zambrano agree to minor-league deal.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:12 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Ummmm... huh?

Old
05-15-2013, 10:12 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
De Fratus must've said Molly Hatchet sucks in the clubhouse or something, because I can't figure out why else Chuck won't give this kid a damn chance!
because he's charlie. he always makes questionable decisions. i really appreciate what he's done with the phillies in his time here but it's time for him to go. management won't relieve him, they'll just wait until his contract is up this offseason and go with Ryno next season. unfortunately that means Utley might not be here and the rest of the "big guys" will be a year older and that much worse.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The tank is on. Carlos Zambrano SUCKS.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:47 AM
FlyersFan61290

yeah and i don't think his garbage attitude will fit in with guys like Utley, Rollins and Howard but especially Utley

Old
05-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

His asset is his arm, but he's also got a decent bat... can he play CF?

Old
05-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Trying to unite the clubhouse with this move. Give them all someone they can hate together. Gives the boys a sense of camaraderie.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:00 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
His asset is his arm, but he's also got a decent bat... can he play CF?
yeah i guess and it's a minor league deal so i imagine he has to prove he's still useful on a MLB roster. it's also not a great idea for the phils to continue counting on pettibone and cloyd

Old
05-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Atta Boy Ruben. I hate both these clowns.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:11 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Trying to unite the clubhouse with this move. Give them all someone they can hate together. Gives the boys a sense of camaraderie.
I thought they already did that with Delmon Young. Any more *******s you can sign Ruben? Wouldn't want to give those kids a chance. Especially considering how they did last night. Galvis getting a hit and playing defense. Brown hitting homers. Pettibone pitching a great game. DeFratus taking care of the only batter Charlie let's him face. Nope let's just keep on signing those old guys.

I swear this team would be so much better if they just had some competent management.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:44 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Heard it from my insider friend, Phillies are currently working out John Rocker, Roger Clemens, Ugueth Urbina, Milton Bradley and Albert Belle.

Closed Thread