HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
ellis and blum's value is at an all time low.. you may be right if we find the right team especially with an abundance of firsts... columbus has 3 and moving to the east, too.. still don't see blum getting anything better than the #35-50 range.
I agree that Blum straight up is probably worth an early-mid 2nd. Adding a 3rd, in a perfect situation, could just us late into the first.

I guess we'll have to see.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:35 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I agree that Blum straight up is probably worth an early-mid 2nd. Adding a 3rd, in a perfect situation, could just us late into the first.

I guess we'll have to see.
i just want too see some moves from poile this summer for once. step ahead kind of moves. he usually is active at deadlines but summers are usually his more less active times compared to the rest of the league. id like to get another pick for blum.. clear some space out of the bottom 6 and grab some late round picks to really stock the cupboard. draft barkov (do not get rid of the #4) and look to add a top line center or winger through whatever possible routes. top 4 defenseman too. come on poile.

Old
05-10-2013, 09:59 AM
token grinder

Quote:
i just want too see some moves from poile this summer for once. step ahead kind of moves. he usually is active at deadlines but summers are usually his more less active times compared to the rest of the league. id like to get another pick for blum.. clear some space out of the bottom 6 and grab some late round picks to really stock the cupboard. draft barkov (do not get rid of the #4) and look to add a top line center or winger through whatever possible routes. top 4 defenseman too. come on poile.
in fairness, summer has been active, just not in a progressive type of way. Last year Weber and Suter, year before was Weber again, year before that Radulov, etc.

This is the first summer in a while where he can focus soley on improving the on ice product and not deal with a bunch of BS or posturing with superstars.

give him credt for knocking 27's deal out and working on 59's. Get those done pre-draft and he has no excuse other than not wanting to get trade ***** or paying Ville Leino dollars to a slug like Weiss for not improving the roster

Old
05-10-2013, 10:29 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
ekholm is gonna surprise a bunch of people next year. im really high on this kid. gonna come out solid like josi except i see him ending up on the 2nd pair with klein eventually.

fenton may feel that way but ellis has a long way to go and some pounds to gain.. definitely seems like blum could be out the door. i believe blum gets us a 2nd round pick.
I would think more likely Blum is part of a package to land a player

we undervalue our defensive assets sometimes due to our embarassment of riches.

Blum can still be an NHL defenseman, just not for us

Old
05-10-2013, 10:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I would be very, very surprised if Blum landed a second, let alone a 1st.

He's 24 and aside from a brief showing when he first came up, he's been mostly bad.

Thomas Hickey(4th overall in the same draft) went on waivers earlier this season with a similar minor league track record, if that tells you anything.

Ellis has some value...Blum's is waning.

Old
05-10-2013, 10:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Honestly though, most wanted Klein waived 2 seasons ago, much less when he was 24.

I wouldn't right off a 24 year old defensive prospect.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM
jlsg

Well trig, you know that some around here would consider the guy an NHL bust if he didn't make his squirt all star team, so what chance does Blum have

The point was made earlier that to us Blum isn't worth much, but there are a couple of teams that would give up something worthy to have a Blum level defenseman on the team. Let's face it, Gill would be 2nd pair on some teams.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Persona5

vCash: 700
I would keep Blum and look to trade Ellis. At best Blum could end up being another Klein down the road and the low would be a depth D-man. Ellis has more value right now and while he has upside I just don't like his size.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Fisher has moved to the final 16 of the NHL 14 cover vote, prompting this gem...

This is nice to see. A humble, hard-working, team guy like Fish is probably getting a real kick out of all this.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Old
05-11-2013, 03:49 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I would keep Blum and look to trade Ellis. At best Blum could end up being another Klein down the road and the low would be a depth D-man. Ellis has more value right now and while he has upside I just don't like his size.
paul fenton and david poile disagree with you 100%. Kid has all the right tools, and our fan base wants to write him off for some petty reason....

How old is he again?

Old
05-11-2013, 03:50 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

you people put too much weight into terry crisps words...

a rookie adjusting to adversity? you dont say...

Old
05-11-2013, 07:10 AM
The PH Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Fisher has moved to the final 16 of the NHL 14 cover vote, prompting this gem...

This is nice to see. A humble, hard-working, team guy like Fish is probably getting a real kick out of all this.
I want a Fisher battleaxe, lol

Old
05-13-2013, 07:14 PM
NoNecksCurse

im gonna go ahead and say the franson trade was poile's worst. franson and lombardi for lebda (buyout)... we didn't even use the cap space from getting rid of lombardi

Old
05-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Trading down to get Wilson's Boston buddy instead of picking Karlsson is far worse then that.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:22 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Trading down to get Wilson's Boston buddy instead of picking Karlsson is far worse then that.
draft is too much of a crapshoot for me to feel the same as i do about trades though

Old
05-13-2013, 08:14 PM
NoNecksCurse

NNC's 2nd negative post of the night:

its things like seeing toronto about to beat an established boston team, after missing the playoffs for years, that make you realize how little success this franchise has had. toronto as bad as they get made fun of have now matched our best playoff results.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:35 PM
glenngineer

Quote:

its things like seeing toronto about to beat an established boston team, after missing the playoffs for years, that make you realize how little success this franchise has had. toronto as bad as they get made fun of have now matched our best playoff results.
Not yet they haven't.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Not yet they haven't.
worlds best jinxer right here...

Old
05-13-2013, 09:06 PM
NoNecksCurse

the jinx is complete.. although the point of my post remains

Old
05-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
im gonna go ahead and say the franson trade was poile's worst. franson and lombardi for lebda (buyout)... we didn't even use the cap space from getting rid of lombardi
Mike Fisher

Old
05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bwahahahaha

Dewey Defeats Truman

And your point was bullspit anyway. Even if Toronto had lucked into one winning series after seven years of suckage it wouldn't equate to being just as good as out last eight years.

Or are you one of those who think since the Wild made it to the WCF once ten years ago that they are a more successful franchise than we are??

Old
05-13-2013, 10:24 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
the jinx is complete.. although the point of my post remains
Your point still remains??? No way in Hades- Toronto has not won a playoff series in 10 years- haven't even BEEN in the playoffs- and you think we haven't accomplished anything compared to them because we haven't won a Cup??? We are light years ahead of them in success on the ice.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, it is #$%*# tough to win in the playoffs- just look at this year- all of the 2 and 3 seeds- GONE.

Unless you are a loaded team like Pitt or Chicago is this year, if you win even one playoff series, you have accomplished something in my book.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

But...they did better than us this year, therefore, our franchise sucks, despite being one of the consistently best in the league!

Old
05-13-2013, 10:39 PM
NoNecksCurse

are you guys that daft? the point was if toronto wouldn't have choked it away, they would have matched our best post season results. no ****ing **** they wouldn't match our consistency of making the playoffs...

Last edited by Seth Lake: 05-13-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Not necessary
Old
05-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
are you guys that daft? the point was if toronto wouldn't have choked it away, they would have matched our best post season results. no ****ing **** they wouldn't match our consistency of making the playoffs...
We just define success differently. To me, the biggest part of success for a sports team is being entertaining to watch, which we have been. A cup would be phenomenal, don't get me wrong, but saying Toronto has "matched our success" if they won that series is flat wrong by my definition of success. It really falls to how you define that word.

Closed Thread