HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Q sending message to Stalberg/Saad

Old
05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Yeah, when you play 2C, defense just goes out the window, while he put up big offensive numbers.

Better for his offseason market value to sit him, than to show everyone he's done.
No one said anything like that. His role wasn't to shut down the opposition when he was playing #2C, and since he was out of his role, he played like garbage. Put him back in that role and watch him succeed like every other year.

Your last sentence shows how much you don't know.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Hawkaholic

I have no problem with Stalberg sitting a game, he didn't show much at all vs. MIN. Send him a message and have him back for GM2.

Be nice to see what Smitty can do too.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Sarava

All this being said. I'd dress Stalberg, but throw him on the 4th line in favor of Bollig or Carcillo. Both Bollig and Carcillo have been worthless so far in the playoffs, plus the added physical play is probably needed less against Detroit.

Let's see if Stalberg got the message from wearing the white jersey and being demoted to the 4th line. I like Ben Smith being back. Especially against Detroit.

Who could forgot this goal (great play by Kaner too!)

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No one said anything like that. His role wasn't to shut down the opposition when he was playing #2C, and since he was out of his role, he played like garbage. Put him back in that role and watch him succeed like every other year.

Your last sentence shows how much you don't know.
So, you're finally on board that Bolly played like hot garbage!? Was he hurt or just couldn't cut it?

There are no shortages of your sentences that demonstrate a lack of hockey knowledge.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:04 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I have no problem with Stalberg sitting a game, he didn't show much at all vs. MIN. Send him a message and have him back for GM2.

Be nice to see what Smitty can do too.
Sitting Stalberg would be a major slap in the face. No way he deserves to sit.. ever.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:12 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

It seems like Q's relationship with Stalberg has always been "not the greatest". Given the $ Stalberg is going to be able to get elsewhere, I wonder if he's all that interested in re-signing.

I remember Dreger saying a while back that negotiations between Stalberg in the team were going "awful", because there was some speculation that he might want to come back to Toronto. While that might not be true, I wonder if he wants out...Chicago is a winning team, but if you think your coach is an ass, do you want to stay?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Even the biggest Kruger fan must have realized that his spot was in jeopardy when Handzus was acquired – with Bolland ready to return, that is a definite possibility. That said, now that it has been established that we will face Wings, chances are Carcillo and Bollig sit. Now, if Ducks had emerged instead of Wings, chances are Carcillo dresses. Of course, injuries can change everything.

From Q's perspective, that’s how I see it, logically.
Haters gonna hate. 4th line weak and small no offensiv euros have played great against the Wild and if anything they deserve more icetime than getting scratched

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
So, you're finally on board that Bolly played like hot garbage!? Was he hurt or just couldn't cut it?

There are no shortages of your sentences that demonstrate a lack of hockey knowledge.
It's obvious Bolly had a rough year, after the half way point there were no excuses.

But he is a solid #3C (one of the best) when he is at the top of his game, which is usually in the playoffs. Just because he struggled in a role he isn't suited for, doesn't mean he is done.

And I don't even know what your last sentence means, is it a compliment, or are you trying to pretend like you know more than everybody again?

Old
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Sitting Stalberg would be a major slap in the face. No way he deserves to sit.. ever.
He needs a slap in the face, he hasn't done ANYTHING in the playoffs...ever.

Old
05-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Recoil

Quote:

I'm a big Bolland fan, but I'll admit he's looked bad most of this year. I wanted him to get a shot at #2C, and he got it, he just hasn't done anything with it. And frankly, it isn't that he just hasn't been good enough for #2C, he's just looked TERRIBLE. I wonder if he's good enough for #3C the way he has played a lot of the time this year. I don't know what's happened to the guy, but his game hasn't look good at all this season, save maybe the first couple of games.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 05:32 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
It seems like Q's relationship with Stalberg has always been "not the greatest". Given the $ Stalberg is going to be able to get elsewhere, I wonder if he's all that interested in re-signing.

I remember Dreger saying a while back that negotiations between Stalberg in the team were going "awful", because there was some speculation that he might want to come back to Toronto. While that might not be true, I wonder if he wants out...Chicago is a winning team, but if you think your coach is an ass, do you want to stay?
Was wondering the same thing. If Q sits Stalberg in these po's, he as good as gone.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Was wondering the same thing. If Q sits Stalberg in these po's, he as good as gone.
Q does a lot of things right, but sometimes I just don't have even the slightest idea where he is coming from. Stalberg is as good of an example of that as any. Yea, he was very hit-and-miss and one dimensional when he came to the Hawks, but he has grown quite a bit as a player since being here, and improved his game all around. I thought he was one of the better success stories since the Cup, and that 3rd line has been great all season.

And now....this.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 06:45 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Q does a lot of things right, but sometimes I just don't have even the slightest idea where he is coming from. Stalberg is as good of an example of that as any. Yea, he was very hit-and-miss and one dimensional when he came to the Hawks, but he has grown quite a bit as a player since being here, and improved his game all around. I thought he was one of the better success stories since the Cup, and that 3rd line has been great all season.

And now....this.
More to the point, he's not even close to being the worst guy on the team. There are others (Bollig, Carcillo) who should take a seat before him.

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 05-13-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: bollig, not bolland
Old
05-13-2013, 06:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
More to the point, he's not even close to being the worst guy on the team. There others (Bolland, Carcillo) who should take a seat before him.
Bolland hasn't played in the playoffs, how should he sit before Stalberg? Not to mention, Bolland has a proven track record of playoff success. Stalberg's post-season resume is underwhelming, to say the least - and I didn't think he was bad in the 1st round.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 06:51 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Bolland hasn't played in the playoffs, how should he sit before Stalberg? Not to mention, Bolland has a proven track record of playoff success. Stalberg's post-season resume is underwhelming, to say the least - and I didn't think he was bad in the 1st round.
sorry, i meant bollig, not bolland.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:55 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
sorry, i meant bollig, not bolland.
That makes sense.

I doubt Stalberg doesn't play in game 1, but the Hawks do need more from him.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Q is pretty much an idiot. It would be just like him to mess up the chemistry that has carried this team all season, by shaking up the lines in the second round of the playoffs. All because a couple guys are slumping? It's not like Saad and Stalberg were coasting around and looking lazy and useless out there. They were still playing hard and competing. I didn't have a problem with Stalberg's play at all, to be honest. That line was great, and he was a big part of that, even if it didn't show on the scoreboard.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:45 PM
RomersWorld*

I know a ton of people that will be very happy if Stalberg is scratched. Mike Babcock is one of them and a bunch of Red Wings fans the rest.

The one big advantage the Hawks have is their speed and their defenseman's puck moving ability. This is the exact type of team that Stalberg should absolutely 100% play against. Gee, Stalberg struggles against teams like the Coyotes and Wild who sit back, do everything to not allow fast break opportunities, clog the defensive zone in order to deter the Hawks from using their speed, ect? This is shocking. Funny that he was able to get that game winning assist in OT of game 1 when play was kind of back and forth...getting more wide open. I wonder how the Hawks would've been if they lost game 1 ... could've been an entirely different series. Thanks Stalberg! You're benched now.

You're benched against the Wings, Stalberg... the exact type of team you will have success against if they play more open. Nevermind that the reason your line is successful is because of your gamebreaking speed, ability on the forecheck, ability to play along the boards, ability to play the dump and chase style....forget all that! It is time to send a message! Who cares that the Wings crappy defenders like Brendan Smith, Nik Kronwall, Jakub Kindl, ect are constantly getting beat to the outside/inside with players with speed...nevermind a player like Emerson Etem was able to dominate them because of his speed....who cares about that? The real thing we need to accomplish here is to send a message.

Viktor, you had 3 points(1 goal) in 4 games against the Wings this season? You were a +2? You and Kane were the reason we made it to OT when you stripped the puck and we tied it with like 1 minute left? None of the matters...remember when you sucked against the Phoenix Coyotes last year???

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Typical Q logic. Baffling.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

The Wings also feed off other team's mistakes more than the Wild, and Stalberg has had a tendency to turn the puck over in his own zone, especially against the Wild. Again, I'm not saying he played badly, and I don't think he'll be scratched, but it's not like he played a great series against the Wild or is a great two-way player.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

The Stalberg hate in this thread is bordering on stupid. He played a decent series but had a bad game 5. You keep the talent on the ice. The 3rd line has been the most consistent all year. Even Q knows that. Even when he's not making plays his speed is creating space. I guarantee the 3rd line is not half as effective with him off of it.

I don't see any need to have Ben Smith on the ice unless he's replacing Carcillo, ect. All of this garbage talk from a Saturday skate?!?

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

The Boss turned the puck over with alarming regularity against Minnesota too. So did Captain Serious. Players slump, even over a 5 game stretch in the playoffs. It happens. Blowing up the lines because of it? Yeah, that's the Q we all know.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:01 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
The Boss turned the puck over with alarming regularity against Minnesota too. So did Captain Serious. Players slump, even over a 5 game stretch in the playoffs. It happens. Blowing up the lines because of it? Yeah, that's the Q we all know.
Hoss & Toews will never be in the dog house. It's just the respect Q has for them.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

I understand that, but it's not like Stalberg cost the team goals or lost games for them... That line was also the Hawks' best line. Is Q arguing that Stalberg had nothing to do with that? Because I find that hard to believe.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:05 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
I understand that, but it's not like Stalberg cost the team goals or lost games for them... That line was also the Hawks' best line. Is Q arguing that Stalberg had nothing to do with that? Because I find that hard to believe.
All of this talk is meaningless unless he's actually scratched. Otherwise, it's just the haters grasping out on something.