HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

vCash: 500
Lol Tremblay that tool telling people Carey shouldn't be on twitter. Please keep this guy away from a camera

Old
05-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
were you expecting them to say anything else after being eliminated?
No but people here still argue that u can't say Price has to be better... It wouldn't of mattered if we had Patrick Roy ...blablbla..

Old
05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
Lol Tremblay that tool telling people Carey shouldn't be on twitter. Please keep this guy away from a camera
I think he should be our next coach.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
were you expecting them to say anything else after being eliminated?
There were no questions about Subban's play. Everyone thought he was great and he was despite the fact we lost.

No one said anything about Bourque's or Gallagher's play..

They weren't forced to say Price wasn't good enough. Price wasn't forced to say he wasn't good enough.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He's been very consistent. Again, the last few weeks were bad. I don't think anyone would dispute this but he's been very consistent over the past couple of years.
So easy to say/type, yet so hard to demonstrate/prove.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
So easy to say/type, yet so hard to demonstrate/prove.
I posted the stats for everyone. I didn't hide anything man. If he wasn't in that top five group I wouldn't have said so. I'm sure those stats look a lot different now after the two weeks of suckage but he's been pretty consistent man.

I could be wrong but I think there's a lot of Halak fans hoping for this guy to fail...

Old
05-13-2013, 10:45 PM
jedimyrmidon

For the many of you lining up to run Price out of town:

Think of Price as Kadri.

Or think of Price as Subban: people like to accuse PK of very serious character flaws, and always boo him, and is slandered by the media, but we know better. Price is eliciting similar reactions except from his own 'fanbase'.

It would be a bad mistake to let Price go when there are more pressing issues at hand.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Jonathan Bernier, anyone?

Old
05-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
I posted the stats for everyone. I didn't hide anything man. If he wasn't in that top five group I wouldn't have said so. I'm sure those stats look a lot different now after the two weeks of suckage but he's been pretty consistent man.

I could be wrong but I think there's a lot of Halak fans hoping for this guy to fail...
With some ridiculous cherry picking of X minimum amount of games played starting exactly when Price had his best season, then he was barely top 5 with about 5-6 guys within .001 of him. You are hanging unto that stat like a drowning man would hang unto a buoy. Cherry picked stats like that are useless.

Also, stats over 3 years don't vary that much because of 2 weeks worth of bad games...

Two or three of us told you that stat was ridiculous in that other thread and explained why to you. You really need to stop bringing that up.. especially since even with the cherry picking it's not even true anymore.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:49 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Ok but he's not 3 inches taller so what's your point?
I'm saying given the fact that he's a smurf and points out the number of points he does in the regular season, does he not get at least some credit and not the "sucks" categorization?

I'm not saying he didn't play like **** in the POs this year, cuz he did. He needs to elevate his game further for me to say he's a legitimate top 6 forward in the league.

For now, with his diminutive size, I'm okay with his production.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:50 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

You need to come better than that.

Lets say the last two-thre weeks of the season never happened. Price STILL was not having a good season and he STILL had much to prove in the playoffs.

You can't use stats because they don't fit your argument that he has played well. So what do you have? Age and potential?

He needs to play better and we ALL want him to play better. LOL @ a Hab fan that would rather LOSE to prove something to soem strangers on a messageboard.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:52 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
I'm talking about playoffs, I agree that my original comment was misleading.

I think all his playoffs were ,901 or under expect for one of them.
Yes that is correct. But what do you expect from a 20, 21, 22, 23, and 25 year old goaltender in Montreal on sub-par playoff teams...?

He needs to elevate his game...everyone knows this.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:54 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
This year, though, I think the league average SV% (38043 shots/41973 saves... "roughly") was 0.906, and Price had a 0.905. Dead on "average". League average GAA (3930 goals/1440 games... "roughly") was 2.73, Price's was 2.59. Again, pretty much dead on average (only 0.14 goals/game, or 1 goal over 7 or 8 games).

I'd agree that he was above average last year, though, and for a decent stretch of this year as well. It's not that we haven't seen the potential, it's that we haven't seen the consistency.
A bit small of a sample size, but yeah I get your point. He had a slightly better than average GAA and an average Save %.

And my numbers I used were pretty much my estimates in general. But yeah makes sense.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Price + our 1st for Reimer.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
No but people here still argue that u can't say Price has to be better... It wouldn't of mattered if we had Patrick Roy ...blablbla..
There's no debate that he could have been better. That's different than blaming him entirely for the loss, which is what people are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
There were no questions about Subban's play. Everyone thought he was great and he was despite the fact we lost.

No one said anything about Bourque's or Gallagher's play..

They weren't forced to say Price wasn't good enough. Price wasn't forced to say he wasn't good enough.
We lost in 5. Many players weren't good enough. You'll never see people dogpiling on any of our ineffective forwards or defensemen, though.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:00 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
I'm talking about playoffs, I agree that my original comment was misleading.

I think all his playoffs were ,901 or under expect for one of them.
I want you to take a look at this guy's numbers and tell me what you think. Keep in mind he is 2 years older than Carey Price...

http://kings.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471734

Do you see anything strikingly familiar???

Old
05-13-2013, 11:02 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
LOL

If you're serious,

Old
05-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I want you to take a look at this guy's numbers and tell me what you think. Keep in mind he is 2 years older than Carey Price...

http://kings.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471734

Do you see anything strikingly familiar???
no? what's familiar exactly? One guy (Quick) had one bad year only. Price had one good year only

They are miles apart.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:04 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:

Tell them to go cheer for St. Louis. Oh wait...

Old
05-13-2013, 11:05 PM
jedimyrmidon

Repost

For the many of you lining up to run Price out of town:

Think of Price as Kadri.

Or think of Price as Subban: people like to accuse PK of very serious character flaws, and always boo him, and is slandered by the media, but we know better. Price is eliciting similar reactions except from his own 'fanbase'.

It would be a bad mistake to let Price go when there are more pressing issues at hand.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:

We lost in 5. Many players weren't good enough. You'll never see people dogpiling on any of our ineffective forwards or defensemen, though.
Yeah people blamed Pacioretty who was injured.

What about DD who has been trashed non-stop for a while now ?

Ryder was also targeted as a guy who didn't perform.

But it's also like MB said. Forward has a bad game, you might not notice. Dman has a bad game/shift : it results in a scoring chance. Goalie makes a bad play/has a bad game : it means goals against.

The goaltender has more importance.

Also, like MB said. We can upgrade the D and get Bobby Orr and Eddie Shore, but if your goalie gives up goals from beyond the blue line, there's nothing you can do.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Seeing as how this was posted after the biggest meltdown in NHL history, I'll take this as being the great joke that it was intended to be.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
no? what's familiar exactly? One guy (Quick) had one bad year only. Price had one good year only

They are miles apart.
Quick has been good since 10-11. After that he wasn't amazing. Statistically that is.
I don't base my arguments around stats, but you do.... So??????

Old
05-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Jonathan Bernier, anyone?
No, stick to tennis.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
With some ridiculous cherry picking of X minimum amount of games played starting exactly when Price had his best season, then he was barely top 5 with about 5-6 guys within .001 of him. You are hanging unto that stat like a drowning man would hang unto a buoy. Cherry picked stats like that are useless.

Also, stats over 3 years don't vary that much because of 2 weeks worth of bad games...

Two or three of us told you that stat was ridiculous in that other thread and explained why to you. You really need to stop bringing that up.. especially since even with the cherry picking it's not even true anymore.
There was no ridiculous cherry picking. It was starters dude. Guys who average less than 40 games a season aren't starters.

Also which is it? Folks were asking about progression... I showed it to you. Now this isn't good enough either? I mean come on dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You need to come better than that.

Lets say the last two-thre weeks of the season never happened. Price STILL was not having a good season and he STILL had much to prove in the playoffs.
He was having a very good season and even after his first meltdown against the Leafs NHL coaches STILL voted for him as the best goalie in the East. And NHL players had him ranked 4th or 5th in terms of being toughest to score on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You can't use stats because they don't fit your argument that he has played well. So what do you have? Age and potential?

He needs to play better and we ALL want him to play better. LOL @ a Hab fan that would rather LOSE to prove something to soem strangers on a messageboard.
Listen to what I said... don't try to distort it.

I said before he had his slide, his stats were elite. Workhorse who put up strong numbers. I never said he wasn't inconsistent at the end. Yeah, his stats were TERRIBLE and he did not play well. I think his D didn't do much to help him out but he was inconsistent for sure.

I think he'll be fine next year but I could definitely be wrong. Maybe he'll fall off the cliff and suck. Personally though, I think we should shore up the D and let him play. I've heard rumours of injuries late in the year (who knows?) but regardless, he's certainly earned more respect than he's garnering here.

Closed Thread