HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LVIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 10:13 PM
McTusk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Euphoria meet exstacy!

This will shut up both the leafs fans and the ball washing CBC . Particularly enjoyed Healy talking about the leafs home ice advantage for the semis with 10 minutes left only for Healy to turn silent at the end. lol
When Healy said the fans in Toronto tonight will be saying "Thank you Kessel" and then they blew the game, oh man, gold, gold I tell yah!

I've had a Leafs fan from my Toronto office harassing me all playoffs, I was shocked I learned he's in his 50's because he talks like a troll on tsn's comments section, so for reasons like that alone I'm happy to see them lose the way they did. I'm not exaggerating either, it's actually weird to me but it sheds light on why the young Leafs fans talk the way they do if that's how the elders are talking.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:13 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The lowest of the low right there.
West ALL the way.,

Old
05-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
When Healy said the fans in Toronto tonight will be saying "Thank you Kessel" and then they blew the game, oh man, gold, gold I tell yah!

I've had a Leafs fan from my Toronto office harassing me all playoffs, I was shocked I learned he's in his 50's because he talks like a troll on tsn's comments section, so for reasons like that alone I'm happy to see them lose the way they did. I'm not exaggerating either, it's actually weird to me but it sheds light on why the young Leafs fans talk the way they do if that's how the elders are talking.
I actually kinda wish the Boston crowd started chanting "Thank you, Kessel!" after the game was over. That would've been hilarious in an insanely jerkish way.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:33 PM
habtastic

Quote:

Healy is the biggest idiot when it comes to jinxing (and he's a former goalie!!!)

Previously in the series, Leafs were leading 2-0 in the game and Healy called it over. Hughson was like, "Well there's still 10 minutes to go..." 1 minute later, Boston scores.

But tonight...oh sooooo sweet. The parade was nearly set up and Healy couldn't help himself.

Best part is that we found out just what huge btches HNIC/CBC are. They couldn't show anything after the loss. After the tying goal, Cherry and Mclean almost lost it. No more Maple Leaf's Square, no more Leafs are the next dynasty, no more propaganda. Just lights out, on to watching a guy fall from orbit for 10 mins. (Interesting symbology.)

After any other team loses, they would do the recap, full of replays and analysis, but nope. Toronto is shut down.

I know my fellow Ontario inhabitants know how awesome this game and result was, despite the bruins. Mostly because the bruins SUCK and are going nowhere. Rask was their best player. Lucic showed up for 2 mins and the leafs lost the game. This was as good as it gets for that series and the CBC should know just how bad they jinxed the leafs and how hilarious it was to see them jump the gun. So glad I didn't turn it off after 4-1. Why didn't we get to see Mrs. Reimer and soon to be Mrs. Phaneuf with their super annoying "let's watch this woman go through fits the whole game like Holtby's mom"? (even if it was a feed of them watching at home or wherever. Would have been epic. That said, the biggest thing reimer can take out of this series are the props for his wife's hotness.

I'm so over our series now. The injuries were way too much (including a certain goalie who IMO played 3 strong games, 2 excellent games). Having Bozak out (that's it) and a boston team with an injured Ferrence, Redden and Seidenberg (who are important to that team) was a golden opportunity and basically a done deal at 4-1. With your healthy lineup, to have that happen, oh wow, REALLY no excuses. Also no illegal goals. Just pure fail.

Now I can live with taking a job in Toronto if my Montreal plan doesn't work out immediately. Seriously, this game was important!

NYR in 6, maybe even 5 if they play the way they did this series (Seguin - pointless in 7 games!!!)

Old
05-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I just really want Iginla to win a cup. He's such a great guy. If not, Detroit all the way. They've been my second favorite team since I first started following hockey. Had a Steve Yzerman poster right on top of my bed for years.
Only non-Canadiens jersey I ever bought was a Steve Yzerman.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:35 PM
habtastic

Quote:

This is so very true. The worst leaf fans I know are around 50 and they pass on this legend of garbage to their defenseless children.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
If Washington doesnt score tonight, that would make it 3 consecutive shutouts for Lundqvist

Just WOW
lol and people were actually arguing with me that Lundqvist hasn't even been that good in one thread a few weeks ago.

He's the best goalie in the NHL.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:41 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
lol and people were actually arguing with me that Lundqvist hasn't even been that good in one thread a few weeks ago.

He's the best goalie in the NHL.
Just not against the Habs! (Would be interesting to see playoff Lundqvist vs. the Habs though - I'm sure he'd be far better.)

Great job by Sather at the deadline. Possibly the best. Shero didn't have that much to think about. Sather picked up key players to turn NYR from a loser to a winner.

McDo awesome again

That mistake is going to help us long term in terms of learning from it. We HAVE to be patient and not take prospects lightly. They are the keys to our next Cup. Just have to wait a couple of years and a couple billion anti-Price threads.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:44 PM
coolasprICE

This was the 2nd time in my life where I was begging for a Bruins win

I have to admit, I cheered as loud as I did all playoffs when the Bruins tied and than finally won.

Watching Maple Laugh fans cry make me feel like the world is still a normal place

Old
05-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk27 View Post
Man, I can't believe how much I actually wanted the Leafs to win tonight. I am so pissed the Bruins won...Damn.

It'd be the other way around if I felt like the Leafs could win a cup...I can see the Bruins doing it again though which would piss me off to no end.
Lundqvist can stop them if Reimer had them minutes away from elimination. If that doesn't work, Pens can and Hawks or Sharks would definitely end the B's. They're still good but not the same force of nature they were in 2011. I wouldn't worry.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Healy is the biggest idiot when it comes to jinxing (and he's a former goalie!!!)

Previously in the series, Leafs were leading 2-0 in the game and Healy called it over. Hughson was like, "Well there's still 10 minutes to go..." 1 minute later, Boston scores.

But tonight...oh sooooo sweet. The parade was nearly set up and Healy couldn't help himself.

Best part is that we found out just what huge btches HNIC/CBC are. They couldn't show anything after the loss. After the tying goal, Cherry and Mclean almost lost it. No more Maple Leaf's Square, no more Leafs are the next dynasty, no more propaganda. Just lights out, on to watching a guy fall from orbit for 10 mins. (Interesting symbology.)

After any other team loses, they would do the recap, full of replays and analysis, but nope. Toronto is shut down.

I know my fellow Ontario inhabitants know how awesome this game and result was, despite the bruins. Mostly because the bruins SUCK and are going nowhere. Rask was their best player. Lucic showed up for 2 mins and the leafs lost the game. This was as good as it gets for that series and the CBC should know just how bad they jinxed the leafs and how hilarious it was to see them jump the gun. So glad I didn't turn it off after 4-1. Why didn't we get to see Mrs. Reimer and soon to be Mrs. Phaneuf with their super annoying "let's watch this woman go through fits the whole game like Holtby's mom"? (even if it was a feed of them watching at home or wherever. Would have been epic. That said, the biggest thing reimer can take out of this series are the props for his wife's hotness.

I'm so over our series now. The injuries were way too much (including a certain goalie who IMO played 3 strong games, 2 excellent games). Having Bozak out (that's it) and a boston team with an injured Ferrence, Redden and Seidenberg (who are important to that team) was a golden opportunity and basically a done deal at 4-1. With your healthy lineup, to have that happen, oh wow, REALLY no excuses. Also no illegal goals. Just pure fail.

Now I can live with taking a job in Toronto if my Montreal plan doesn't work out immediately. Seriously, this game was important!

NYR in 6, maybe even 5 if they play the way they did this series (Seguin - pointless in 7 games!!!)

Old
05-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
2008: lost against the Flyers in 7, 1st round
2009: lost against the Penguins in 7, 2nd round (they almost lost in the first round after trailing 1-3 against the Rangers )
2010: lost against the Canadiens in 7 after leading 3-1, 1st round
2011: lost again Tampa Bay in 4, 2nd round
2012: lost against the Rangers in 7, 2nd round
2013: lost against the Rangers in 7, 1st round

They have never showed great results when the playoffs come. There is a good chance they might be the "San Jose Sharks" from the Eastern Conference.
Always has been. Aside from 1998 they've been anti-clutch forever. Starting in 1985 they've lost eight series. EIGHT! When leading 2-0 or 3-1 (four 3-1 blown leads). For context, in 96 years the Canadiens have never blown a 3-1 lead in a best of seven and only have blown five 2-0 leads- sadly three of them in the last 17 years haha.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:57 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

vCash: 50
Cheering for the Rangers, obviously. They have the edge in goaltending for sure. If not for Toronto's collapse, Boston would be gone. NYR is better than that, I think they'll win in six.

I can actually see them going all the way to the finals if Lundqvist keeps it up.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:59 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

most astounding playoff loss ever losing epically after four-one score

Old
05-13-2013, 11:09 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Woo **** Toronto, **** their team and their fans. **** all their **** teams, **** all of them. Wooooo!

Old
05-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Reading the posts of this thread back... wow... who the hell do you guys think you are?

Our favorite team lost in 5 games, including 2 blowouts, against the 7th ranked team in the East, as the 2nd seed with home ice advantage, in a series most saw us winning.

Yeah. The Leafs might have gave up a 3 goals lead in a particular game, but they made it to game 7 and matched the Bruins' physicality for most of the series, all that while being the quickest team.

So yeah. Quit laughing about the Leafs. We're no better and at least, they can be proud enough to say they pushed this series to the very end.

They'll learn from it. That's for sure. I'm still not convinced after hearing Bergevin's comments that we will learn from our own shortcomings.

It's a sad time to be a Habs fan if all we have to get so euphoric about is the loss of a team who, I repeat, played 2 more games than us this year AND finished ahead of us last year, for all what it's worth.

Last edited by Son Oncle Jerry: 05-13-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old
05-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, we didn't win so I'm sad about that. But my wish for a long painful series for both of these clubs came to fruition. Leafs lose spectacularly and the Bruins get beaten up and had a shaky series.
Not as much injury or fighting as I expected but it went 7 as I predicted and hoped for. Also called Rangers in 7, Wings in 7, Hawks in 5, Pens in 6. Said Sharks but in 6 not 4 (no one thought Canucks would get swept), but called us to win in 6 and Blues in 7

Old
05-13-2013, 11:24 PM
NLHabsFan

I'm not a "What if?" person, but it's a little sad watching McDonagh play. He's great. Really solid dman playing against the other teams best. Always out there against Ovie and shut him down well.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:34 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Reading the posts of this thread back... wow... who the hell do you guys think you are?

Our favorite team lost in 5 games, including 2 blowouts, against the 7th ranked team in the East, as the 2nd seed with home ice advantage, in a series most saw us winning.

Yeah. The Leafs might have gave up a 3 goals lead in a particular game, but they made it to game 7 and matched the Bruins' physicality for most of the series, all that while being the quickest team.

So yeah. Quit laughing about the Laffs. We're no better and at least, they can be proud enough to say they pushed this series to the very end.

They'll learn from it. That's for sure. I'm still not convinced after hearing Bergevin's comments that we will learn from our own shortcomings.

It's a sad time to be a Habs fan if all we have to get so euphoric about is the loss of a team who, I repeat, played 2 more games than us this year AND finished ahead of us last year, for all what it's worth.
I edited something in your post. I want you to find it, and give it some thought, reflect on what you are lecturing/asking us to do, and change your mind, come back, and apologize for your post.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I edited something in your post. I want you to find it, and give it some thought, reflect on what you are lecturing/asking us to do, and change your mind, come back, and apologize for your post.
I'm not lecturing anyone, I'm just noting how sad it is to see some guys in here get as happy as they would be for a series win just because the Leafs lost. To me, we are in no position to laugh at anyone.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:

So yeah. Quit laughing about the Leafs. We're no better and at least, they can be proud enough to say they pushed this series to the very end.

I wonder what the Habs learned from their game 7 10/11 OT loss that they followed up with a 28th overall finish in the following season.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:38 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
My predictions of round 1 weren't bad.

Cup Winner: Pittsburgh Penguins

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs (8) New York Islanders
Winner: Pittsburgh Penguins
# of Games: 5

(2) Montreal Canadiens vs (7) Ottawa Senators
Winner: Montreal Canadiens
# of Games: 7

(3) Washington Capitals vs (6) New York Rangers
Winner: New York Rangers

(4) Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs
Winner: Boston Bruins

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (8) Minnesota Wild
Winner: Chicago Blackhawks

(2) Anaheim Ducks vs (7) Detroit Red Wings
Winner: Detroit Red Wings
# of Games: 6

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs (6) San Jose Sharks
Winner: Vancouver Canucks

(4) St. Louis Blues vs (5) Los Angeles Kings
Winner: Los Angeles Kings
# of Games: 6

Old
05-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wonder what the Habs learned from their game 7 10/11 OT loss that they followed up with a 28th overall finish in the following season.
I said the Leafs will learn something. Obviously, it was too much to ask for coming from Gauthier to analyse, and come to such things as conclusions.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:39 PM
habtastic

Quote:

We are better than the leafs when healthy (and much better than the bruins that played this series). We had very bad luck towards the end of the season (not to mention in game 1). It happens. Doesn't mean the Habs suck. IMO, the team that was playing before the Emelin injury would have cleaned Boston and Toronto's clocks. I don't have such a short memory. I'll say this (and you can check my history - I said it at the start of the season), the leafs are a very good team.

How can you compare between series? Totally different situations and players. Doesn't matter that they played more games at ALL. If we lose to Pitt in 5 and they take a crappy boston team to 7 OT, that makes them better? You can't compare stuff like that. I'm just very secure with the direction the Habs are going, so yeah, I have a lot to be happy about. The only game that bothered me in terms of being outplayed was game 3. Other than that, the blowouts were much ado about nothing. You can only go so far with very serious injury issues, playing or out of the lineup. We got grazed in the nuts for two weeks during the ottawa series. It kind of softened the blow. (insert joke). They (Leafs) got hit with a sledgehammer and really the shadenfreude comes from all the bs I have to hear from their fans and the CBC.

It is not a sad time for Habs fans. The future is bright and luck will swing our way soon enough. I don't think I could have handled what the leafs just did to their fans just now (and ftm what the bruins did to theirs from game 4 until the Horton goal tonight). The positivity about tonight's game is about being able to breathe and enjoy the Habs next year without hearing the moronic chirping. You probably don't know many leaf fans to understand why that's an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed about our series, but I've gotten over it. A lot went wrong starting with the hit on Eller. After him & Emelin, the wind from my sails was half gone. I'm looking forward to next season and I can deal with a team from the West beating the Pens.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
We are better than the leafs when healthy (and much better than the bruins that played this series). We had very bad luck towards the end of the season (not to mention in game 1). It happens. Doesn't mean the Habs suck. IMO, the team that was playing before the Emelin injury would have cleaned Boston and Toronto's clocks. I don't have such a short memory. I'll say this (and you can check my history - I said it at the start of the season), the leafs are a very good team.

How can you compare between series? Totally different situations and players. Doesn't matter that they played more games at ALL. If we lose to Pitt in 5 and they take a crappy boston team to 7 OT, that makes them better? You can't compare stuff like that. I'm just very secure with the direction the Habs are going, so yeah, I have a lot to be happy about. The only game that bothered me in terms of being outplayed was game 3. Other than that, the blowouts were much ado about nothing. You can only go so far with very serious injury issues, playing or out of the lineup. We got grazed in the nuts for two weeks during the ottawa series. It kind of softened the blow. (insert joke). They (Leafs) got hit with a sledgehammer and really the shadenfreude comes from all the bs I have to hear from their fans and the CBC.

It is not a sad time for Habs fans. The future is bright and luck will swing our way soon enough. I don't think I could have handled what the leafs just did to their fans just now (and ftm what the bruins did to theirs from game 4 until the Horton goal tonight). The positivity about tonight's game is about being able to breathe and enjoy the Habs next year without hearing the moronic chirping. You probably don't know many leaf fans to understand why that's an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed about our series, but I've gotten over it. A lot went wrong starting with the hit on Eller. After Emelin, the wind from my sails was half gone. I'm looking forward to next season and I can deal with a team from the West beating the Pens.
For everything Leafs fans are, Habs fans are often just as bad.

Just my two cents though. Personally, I just don't feel able to laugh at any team. It's a heartbreaking loss for the Leafs, but they, at least, pushed the series to the limit. We got killed. It's much more honorable to lose the way they did than ours. So there's nothing to laugh at there as far as I'm concerned.

But like I said, just my two cents.

Closed Thread