HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

GDT PreSeason Game 4 - 09/25/06

Old
09-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Kingz4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Hey, I was at the game last night and I'll try to throw some stuff that is different from what others have already said.

-Thorton played a really good game IMO. Besides that miss when he had a wide open net he had a very good game and was very visible on the ice.

-Avery had a relatively quiet game.

-Ivanans will make our roster if he keeps playing like that. The guy can skate, pass, and fight. He had a great shift when he fed the puck to Kostopolous for the goal.

-Gleason had a bad game and I think Crow benched him.

-Weaver made some nice defensive plays but also made a couple mistakes.

-Miller wasn't a beast but he didn't look bad.

-Matty had a solid game as usual.

-Lubo had a great game.

-Dallman played a great game. He has a great shot and he can pass. His defense looked good also. He was also looked quick/fast which was a big plus.

-Frolov and Camms had a good game but they should bring more once they get comfortable with their linemates.

-Kopitar had a really good game. Passing, shooting, vision, sense was all there. He is mature well beyond his years and he really does play well with Frolov. One knock on him is that he is really not physical. If he's going to become a power forward then he needs to learn to hit and grind more. But he should be a top 6 forward for us on opening night.

-O'Sullivan has a riffle of a shot and made some really sweet passes. He was one of our best forwards early in the game. He has really sick moves and skates with a lot of confidence I think he will be a top 6 forward for us on opening night just like Kopitar.

-I'm not surprised to see Clarke sent to Manchester today.

-Kostopolous looked good out there so he will probably stick as a 4th line or extra forward.

-Cowan was really hitting everybody but he doesn't bring much more than that.

-Belanger had a terrible game but it was great to see him score in the shootout.

-Armstrong played a very good game. He had a great scoring chance but didn't score. he was doing everything out there. He is arguably our best grinder and passer.

Garon didn't have play great in the first 3 periods but I don't think any of the goals were really soft. I was sitting far away from our zone but all the goals were PP goals and from up close.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Cowan's probably the odd guy out, and Parros might be next.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:19 AM
zamo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesenice View Post
You wish.. Web streaming only
BTW, OT sva.

"sport klub" will have some hockey. i just dont know what. they are saying its a surprise . they are starting on 14.10. and rtvslo said they will probably have some hockey this season. they also didnt say what. but they had nba last season. why not nhl this one . and last year nhl was broadcasted on eurosport2. maybe this season as well..i hope.

zamo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 11:55 AM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I'm of the same opinion. I'd rather have guys like Cowan and Kostopoulos who can skate a regular shift, even play on the PK, and not be a liability, even at the end of the game or overtime. I don't really care if they're terrific fighters or not. I think that that matters more to the fans who want entertainment and bragging rights than it does to the team and winning games.
I agree. Not really concerened about the fighting side of the equation, but Iv's is a better player than Parros, and if that's the sort of thing MC and DL are looking for, than there you go. However, I just assume TKO or Cowan keep their roster spots.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote