HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello

View Poll Results: Re-sign Zucc RIGHT NOW?
YES - AT Least 1 YR 199 89.24%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...YES 17 7.62%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...NO 2 0.90%
Sorry, but No. 5 2.24%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 03:55 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Posted this in the post game thread, but just so our Norweigan friends see Zucc on the back cover of the New York Daily News!

Thank you very much.
This few last pages of this thread give me goosebumps, I feel touched reading this.
I remember when he signed in russia, and almost everyone including me wanted him out of The Rangers.

Now I love this team. Hope Zucc can handle those big Bruins and that he stay healthy and keep this play up.

Lets Go Rangers.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
few players that I've ever wanted to like more than MZA. thrilled that he's been such a huge contributer.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:02 AM
KingStian

You just know that somewhere along in this series, Zucc is going to have an epic staredown with Chara, which afterwards they but will miss a game with neck issues.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:10 AM
Zucc36

Chara is no problem for Zucc. He can easily dodge him by skating away between his legs.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:11 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I will be controversial and state that Rangers turn around actually started with the arrival of Zuc rathan than Brassard. I am not putting Brassard achievements down, on the contrary but Zuc has been playing soooo well. In the corners, back checking, constant pain in the neck hockey player. Really I am pleased for the lil'one.

Last year I thougth he looked outclassed but he is a changed man after the stint in Russia. Is he signed?

Old
05-14-2013, 05:43 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad London Ranger View Post
I will be controversial and state that Rangers turn around actually started with the arrival of Zuc rathan than Brassard. I am not putting Brassard achievements down, on the contrary but Zuc has been playing soooo well. In the corners, back checking, constant pain in the neck hockey player. Really I am pleased for the lil'one.

Last year I thougth he looked outclassed but he is a changed man after the stint in Russia. Is he signed?
He's an RFA, so we've got his rights. No reason to think the NYR won't sign him with the way he's played. He stands out every game.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:46 AM
KingStian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad London Ranger View Post

Not signed beyond this season, but indications seems to be that the Rangers want to make it happened. We know Zucc want to stay put in New York, so at this point it seems likely. He is a RFA, so other teams could make him an offer of a bigger deal, but otherwise he should be a realativly cheap player to sign to. 1-1.5 mill. a year I would guess.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:52 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Zucc has been a treat to watch this year...he's got great chemistry with Brassard, and the PP runs much better when the two of them are on the ice together. But, more than anything, I love his fearlessness. He plays with such an edge.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:55 AM
KingStian

I would never have guessed that he was going to be our second best point producer against Caps in the playoffs, but he has looked so good teamed up with Brassard. 9 (2+7) for Brassard and 5 (1+4) for Zucc.

Zucc has as many points as Nash (2) and Cally (3) put together. They only beat him if you put in Richards (1) also.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:58 AM
SnowblindNYR

So about a month and a half ago I was talking to my best friend's brother. He was killing Sather. How could we trade Rupp? Why did we bring back Zucc? Good thing he's not the GM, huh?

BTW, with Zucc and Brassard this is the best passing and creativity we've had since Jagr's line.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:16 AM
KingStian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So about a month and a half ago I was talking to my best friend's brother. He was killing Sather. How could we trade Rupp? Why did we bring back Zucc? Good thing he's not the GM, huh?

BTW, with Zucc and Brassard this is the best passing and creativity we've had since Jagr's line.
His passing has always been great, but I think his ability to keep the puck on his blade while looking for the pass in the offensive zone has been greatly improved.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:40 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
We're over 1K. If someone wants to make a new one, go for it.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread