HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part 17: What does "bold" mean?

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

vCash: 500
Eberle, Petry, 7th overall

Lucic, Marchand, Boychuk Bruins 1st. (Lazar)

Sign Streit and Stalberg

Hemsky for Bergenheim + 4th.

Belanger for Volchenkov
PRV for Boyle and 4th

Hall Nuge Yakupov
Lucic Gagner Marchand
Bergenheim Horcoff Stalberg
Harski Boyle Lander
Brown

Streit Boychuk
Smid J Schultz
Klefbom Volchenkov
Potter Fistric

Call me crazy. I don't think that team is soft and I dont think Im really crazy in terms of trade values?

Assuming no Bruins comeback.

Edit Hahahahahah Leafs.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:51 PM
molsonmuscle360

Hemsky and 1st for Lucic
Anaheim 2nd + Pitlick for Clutterbucks rights
Sign Emery as a backup
Sign Streit

Hall/RNH/Yakupov
Lucic/Gagner/Eberle
Pajaarvi/Horcoff/Clutterbuck
Harski/Lander/Brown

ex: Smyth

J.Schultz/Smid
Petry/Streit
Klefbom/N.Schultz

ex. Fistric

Dubnyk
Emery

Old
05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post

Sign Streit and Stalberg

Hemsky for Bergenheim + 4th.

Belanger for Volchenkov
PRV for Boyle and 4th

Hall Nuge Yakupov
Lucic Gagner Marchand
Bergenheim Horcoff Stalberg
Harski Boyle Lander
Brown

Streit Boychuk
Smid J Schultz
Klefbom Volchenkov
Potter Fistric

Call me crazy. I don't think that team is soft and I dont think Im really crazy in terms of trade values?

Edit Hahahahahah Leafs.
Bruins traded their first for jagr. And lazar will probably be a top 15 pick. He's been climbing in a lot of lists.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Bruins traded their first for jagr. And lazar will probably be a top 15 pick. He's been climbing in a lot of lists.
I thought it was conditonal. My bad.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:07 PM
stoff

Quote:
I thought it was conditonal. My bad.
Actually you're right. My apologies

Old
05-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Well moot point now Boston didn't implode so no shake up.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:13 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Don't think the Bruins will trade Lucic now. He was amazing in the final 10 or minutes in the 3rd. Set up Horton and scored a timely goal to get it 4-3 with a minute left.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Paralyzer008

I like how people here think Boston would have traded Lucic and that "ten minutes" changed their minds.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Empros

Hall for Ladd + Bogosian
RNH + 7th for Backes + Oshie
Eberle for Vanek + Myers
Gagner + Hemsky for 4th Overall

Ladd - Backes - Yakupov
Vanek - Barkov - Oshie
Paajarvi - Horcoff - Hartikainen

Bogosian - Myers
Smid - Petry
Klefbom - Schultz

Last edited by Empros: 05-13-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old
05-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Werd

We are all agree the Oilers are too soft, need better backup goalie, terrible bottom 6 and defence that wouldnt even win you the memorial cup bad.

My crazy offseason proposal

Internal Team Moves

Buyouts
Horcoff
Smyth

Re-sign
Gagner 6 years @ 4.5M
MPS 4 Years @ 2M
Harti 2 Years @ 1M
Fistic 2 years @1.5M

Bye Bye
Jones
Petrell
Smithson
Whitney
Sutton
Peckham
Khabibulin

Draft day
If all the centers are gone by #7 which I suspect will be the case. We solidfy our top 6 size issue and choose Nischukin. Also Yakupov gets a comrade to keep him happy and should form a dynamic duo for years to come.

Then if Curtis Lazar is still available in the upper-teens we trade our 2 2nd's to get the 1st to get him

Trades

Hemsky for 2nd pick any team pretty much

Eric Belanger (Cap retained by Oilers for 2013/2014 season)
Random low pick like 5th 2013
Prospect like Hamilton or Peckham or whoever of the b grade prospects

for

Brian Boyle NYR

Conditional
2nd round 2014 pick

for

Cal Clutterbuck MIN if resigns (Makes the bottom 6 a living hell to play against and gives the top 6 respect that they wont be run like they are.)
Ideally 4 years 8-9M (2-2.25M per yr)

if no resigning then its a 4th pick 2014

Free Agent Signing
Brian Bickell CHI 2 years 2-2.25M (2nd/3rd line winger that brings some nasty and chips some goals)

Rob Scuderi 2 years 3.75M (Overpay but this years UFA Dmen are super thin and we need a Lefty D to mentor J Schultz because N Schultz couldnt handle the mentor role and is a third pairing guy)

Adam Cracknell 2 years 1M-1.2M (Hidden under the forward depth in St.Louis, love how th guys plays and the stats dont lie that he is a great 4th liner.)

Tom Griess
Good backup that is hidden by Niemi breakout season. 2 years 750-800k

Line up 2013-2014

Hall-Nuge-Ebbs (15.775M)
MPS-Gags-Yaks (10.275M)
Bickell-Lazar-Clutterbuck (6M assuming Lazar is around 1.5M cap)
Harti-Boyle-Cracknell (3.75M)

Smid-Petry (5.25M)
Scuderi-J. Schultz (7.5M)
N.Schultz - Fistric/Potter/Marcinin/Klefbom (5M)

Dubnyk (3.5M)
Griess (750K)

Belanger salary retained (1.75M)

Comes up about 60M leaving 4 M space.
Team gets a much more respectable defence with two true top 4 pairings.
Griess is a much cheaper and most likely better backup than Habby.
Boyle, Cracknell,Bickell,Clutterbuck brings grit and scoring threat actually.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I like how people here think Boston would have traded Lucic and that "ten minutes" changed their minds.
I don't think it's going too far to say that if the Bruins would have been the chokers in that series (and it was looking like they were for most of game 7)... the Bruins would likely have blown up some pieces on that team.

Listen to Lucic himself after the game... he basically said that were it not for that comeback... he doesn't think that team would still be all together next season.

Realistically you blow a 3-1 series lead and go down in 7 games in the first round and you can expect a shakeup on a vet team like Boston, especially when they made an early exit last year as well.

Lucic is an obvious target for other teams and the way he played this season, I don't think it's a stretch to say he would be on the trade block.

Could you say those ~10 minutes and OT saved some Boston jobs? Definitely possible. The game is all based on results and if the Bruins weren't getting them... the GM basically HAS to make some big changes. They aren't a rebuilding team and 2 1st round exits in a row just don't cut it in a major hockey market like Boston.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:18 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Quote:
I never thought the Bruins would trade Lucic anyway. Even though he is set to make 6m/yr he is a fan favorite in Boston and probably the best power forward in the game. The Bruins will dump other players before they trade Lucic. I was just hoping people would stop with the silly Lucic to Edmonton proposals (Like Hemsky + ) after he went into beast mode tonight.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Paralyzer008

^okay, because I definitely don't see Boston even thinking about moving him.

Does anyone think that maybe the Capitals would move Troy Brouwer? I'm thinking not but he's a guy I have time for on our third line.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:35 AM
doubledown99

Quote:
^okay, because I definitely don't see Boston even thinking about moving him.

Does anyone think that maybe the Capitals would move Troy Brouwer? I'm thinking not but he's a guy I have time for on our third line.
Not after a career year and when the coach and GM have stated that he has been one of the best and most consistent players on the team and might be the teams unsung hero

Old
05-14-2013, 02:01 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Hard to pinpoint a "need" for the Caps because they're literally losing to the Rangers due to Lundqvist's brilliance.

The defense is solid - Carlson, Alzner, and Green are pillars to build around for the next decade.

The forwards are great - led by Ovy/Backstrom, supported by MoJo, Brouwer, and ?Ribeiro heading forward.

The goaltending is obviously great - Holtby is holding the fort down well for them.

I think if anything they could use 1-2 more scoring threats (Erat should have played tonight, is he injured?), and a re-distribution of the lines. Give Backstrom Brouwer/Erat and let Ovechkin carry a weaker C with a solid playmaking W like MoJo.

Even their bottom-3 D and bottom-6 forwards were appropriately serviceable.

If Evgeny Kuznetsov (widely considered best player outside the NHL) comes over it could change the complexion of that team.

Old
05-14-2013, 02:23 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Gagner + 2nd

for

Berglund + Halak

Gagner probably leads that club in points for the next few yrs..
EDM pair up Paajarvi-Berglund
I'd be all over that trade, especially if the 2nd was Anaheim's or next years.

05-14-2013, 02:41 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

STL has so much depth at F that it won't go for a "lateral" type of move like Berglund-for-Gagner. I see them packaging up assets and going for that "homerun" 1C.

Good luck to them, it's going to be hard to acquire one.

Old
05-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
STL has so much depth at F that it won't go for a "lateral" type of move like Berglund-for-Gagner. I see them packaging up assets and going for that "homerun" 1C.

Which 1C's might be available? They don't grow on trees or get dealt very often. Which team has more than 1 #1C that they might consider parting with one of them? Unless Malkin becomes available and they deal a kings ransom for him IMO it makes little sense that they'd get one unless they want to bank on Brad Richards returning to form?

Old
05-14-2013, 03:24 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Which 1C's might be available? They don't grow on trees or get dealt very often. Which team has more than 1 #1C that they might consider parting with one of them? Unless Malkin becomes available and they deal a kings ransom for him IMO it makes little sense that they'd get one unless they want to bank on Brad Richards returning to form?
Mike Ribeiro certainly produces like a 1C. There's a possibility the Sedins may be available. Someone like Lecavalier could fill that role with the way he produced for TB this year. They might take a flyer on Paul Stastny if he gets bought-out. Same with B-Rich if NYR takes some salary back.

Like I said, chances are slim they're able to land a true #1C, but they might be able to pick someone up more suited to the rule than Gagner.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:54 AM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Mike Ribeiro certainly produces like a 1C. There's a possibility the Sedins may be available. Someone like Lecavalier could fill that role with the way he produced for TB this year. They might take a flyer on Paul Stastny if he gets bought-out. Same with B-Rich if NYR takes some salary back.

Like I said, chances are slim they're able to land a true #1C, but they might be able to pick someone up more suited to the rule than Gagner.
Big no to the Sedins and Lecavalier. Lecavalier has one of the worst contracts in the NHL IMO. Cap hit of $7.7M until 2020!!!

Paul Stastny? Would definitely take a flyer on him if he were available. The guy was a PPG player over his first 4 seasons in the league. Never been under 53 over a full season. Only Crosby and Kopitar have outscored him from his draft class - what a steal at #44! But all that being said, why would the Avs get rid of him? They seem to have plenty of cap space next year.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:25 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:

..... Call me crazy. I don't think that team is soft and I dont think Im really crazy in terms of trade values?

Edit Hahahahahah Leafs.
CRAZY!!! You asked.

Being an Oiler fan living in Boston I can tell you that value is ABSOLUTELY crazy. An Eberle for Lucic deal would be seen as a saw off from the Boston perspective (fans would hate it IMO... we know this from HFboards... but bruins mgmt would at least think about it).

After that though, your proposal gets questionable... the near untouchables on the B's roster are Chara, Lucic, Hamilton, Marchand and Bergeron.... I wouldn't even put Seguin on the list as I'm sure they would trade him for a fair return of similar age.

So ask yourself... why would they trade Marchand (an ELITE 3rd liner or excellent, team defining, role-playing 2nd liner) + Boychuk (who they could keep if they have already shed Lucic salary and is currently more valuable "in the now" than Petry) for Petry and the jump up in a deep draft?

I don't think they would even do (all of) this in a blow up mode.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:

St Louis has an abundance of gritty, defensively sound players. They lack pure offensive threats up front. They are looking for a centre who is going to score points, not be a face off whiz or a banger.

here is a list of centres that outscored Gagner this year:

Steven Stamkos
Sidney Crosby
Eric Staal
Pavel Datsyuk
Ryan Getzlaf
Mike Ribeiro
Jonathan Toews
Nicklas Backstrom
John Tavares
Henrik Sedin
Derek Stepan
Nazem Kadri
Matt Duchene
Anze Kopitar
Joe Thornton

which one of these guys are available and a better option than Gagner? the obvious answer is Ribero but he is going to get a huge payday and the Blues are nearing the cap with their rfa. It is also to be determined if they are a cap limit team because they have been near the bottom of the league in payroll for years.

It is criminal how under-rated Gagner is on hfboards.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:14 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Awesome that Boston fans wouldn't accept Eberle for Lucic, who was healthy scratched this year.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Awesome that Boston fans wouldn't accept Eberle for Lucic, who was healthy scratched this year.
I'm not shocked, being short sighted is what can screw you. The guy has 9 points in 7 games and is a big reason why Boston is moving on to round 2.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:35 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:

The question is do those guys make them take the next step? I'd say no.

Closed Thread