Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
OlZamMan

vCash: 500
I imagine Dale inserts Dotchin & scratches Yuill.
Anyone know the status of Theo?

Old
05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlZamMan View Post
I think day to day with bruised sternum.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:16 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlZamMan View Post
I would sit out Cody Brown instead of Yuill,u can go with 11 forwards in this
situation

Old
05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
aresknights

Sounds good HL.

Their D ( and team D) has really done a good job IMO. Brown wont see a ton of ice and can be replaced by a double shifting F

Old
05-12-2013, 08:40 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Hey Colts - how about using some of that passion you seem to be able to turn on with a switch in the 3rd period before the 3rd? These guys are going to send me into cardiac arrest with their laissez faire attitude in the first 2 periods, then full out assault in the 3rd. How about putting some effort in so you don't have to fight back from a 4 goal deficit in one period?

And I don't think I've ever seen a team fan on as many shots/passes as Barrie last night.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:40 AM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 342
Game 7 Tonight will be shown at the Barrie Molson Centre on a big screen. Free admission, but they are asking for a donation to the Barrie Food Bank. Horsepower will be open and so will the consessions. Great Idea, especially for those who dont have Rogers. I think the doors are opening at 6:30.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:28 PM
That

Congrats London. So many chances to win the series. Such a terrible way to end an absolutely crazy series.

It was a good season and an even better playoffs. I never would have thought the Colts would have went this deep. I'm proud of the way the team played and it was an awesome ride. Great season and lets hope they storm back next season.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:44 PM
KnightRanger

Congrats to the Colts on gutsy effort tonight without the 2 BIG boys. I think it would have went the other way with those two in the line up!

Great job!

Old
05-13-2013, 08:45 PM
amyles
We The North

Very good season for the Colts this year, but how the **** do you get crossed up at the blue line with 13 seconds left. All they had to do was get that puck in London's end and the game was going to go into overtime.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Congrats to the Colts, their fans and the organization. Class from too to bottom. So impressed with Hawerchuk. What a great coach. I was at game 6 and the Barrie fans are awesome. Some of the best the O has to offer.
If Schiefele and Camara were playing this series doesnt go 7 games, and Colts are champs. But thats playoff hockey. Unpredictable.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Snippit

What a series from the Colts!

I think tonight's Memorial cup announcement is going to help soften the blow

Old
05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Good game by Barrie, congrats on making it this far and good luck next year.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:45 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Man those last two losses were painful.(thank God I'm not a Leaf fan to boot) What a ride. Thanks Colts for a great season. It was a fun year.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:04 AM
LeafsColts13

And London gets next year's Memorial cup. Not surprised. Its clear the OHL doesn't care about smaller markets and its all about $$$. Regarding the game last night, when the colts almost went up 3-2 London's player had his hand on the puck. Usually that results in a penalty shot, but it didn't. Hope for another good season next year.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
defensehockey19

Does Barrie try to rebuild now? What do Colts fans think?

Old
05-14-2013, 09:40 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Hats off to the Barrie Colts and their fans. While I picked London to win(in 6 games I knew it would be tough) I never counted on meeting a team that just would not quit regardless of the obstacle. As an opposition fan I have nothing but respect for the effort your team put forth in the Finals. What a great series. All the best moving forward.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I don't think that they will try to rebuild. They have Ekblad for one more year so I think they will try to win with him.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
aresknights

Nothing but respect for the Colts players and staff. They were coached very well , bought in and never, never had a give up attitude. Always charging back hard. A cross bar away.
You got a great coach in Mr Hawerchuk. Had some real quality players who stepped up large.
Great series that literally went down the last second in game7.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:35 AM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I'm assuming the colts will make a few trades and load up for another run next year. I think 2014-2015 will be the rebuild year.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:31 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
I'm assuming the colts will make a few trades and load up for another run next year. I think 2014-2015 will be the rebuild year.
I'd like to see them in the Memorial Cup next year. This series was too close and I'd be lying if I didn't say London got a bit lucky.

Also, odds are good for them next year since in all likelihood winning the East is all that will likely be required to get to the Memorial Cup.

Old
05-14-2013, 01:05 PM
René

As far as I can see it´s not posted already that the german Hockey-Paper "Eishockeynews" just wrote that Niederberger will end his career in North-America and will gonna play next year DEL-Hockey as Back-up at Munich.

Source @ http://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell/...-zugesagt.html

Old
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
As far as I can see it´s not posted already that the german Hockey-Paper "Eishockeynews" just wrote that Niederberger will end his career in North-America and will gonna play next year DEL-Hockey as Back-up at Munich.

Source @ http://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell/...-zugesagt.html
Danke.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
amyles
We The North

Is Racer still around? I nominate him to make the off season thread. He usually does a good job with the OP.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:42 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
Is Racer still around? I nominate him to make the off season thread. He usually does a good job with the OP.
He's got a hockey job now, so left us folks in the dust . Don't think he can post so much here now...

Old
05-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Pony

Here's a look at what Colts have coming back next season.
Coach: Dale Hawerchuk's 3-year deal is up and he needs to be resigned. This must be the first priority. Give him another 3-year deal and a big raise.

Goaltending: While the Colts could add a veteran goalie over summer, I won't be surprised to see them give Alex Fotinos a shot to prove himself early in season. If he struggles, they could go out and get a vet. I expect Alex will be just fine. Once he gets back-to-back starts he'll be just fine. I think they have a star netminder here. MacKenzie Blackwood will be the backup. He has tons of talent and should be a solid, young backup.

DEFENCE: Colts are loaded here for next season. If Lepkowski doesn't sign with Sabres, they will have him, Ekblad, Laser, Yuill, Dotchin, Webster and Garcia returning. I could see the Colts moving Lepkowski to get some scoring up front and make room for rookie prospect Rocky Kaura, who was selected in the 4th Rd this year and the team is high on. Ekbald, Laser, Dotchin and Yuill should be your top four. Talented and deep group here. Will be strength of team.

FORWARDS: Hall will be drafted but there's a decent chance he returns to get stronger. Clock is running out on Islanders signing Theoret. If he doesn't sign, he'll be back. Athanasiou will likely have a monster year. That means the Colts should have a pretty potent top line with Hall, Theoret and Athanasiou. Their second line will be pretty good as well with Bradford in between Lemieux and MacDonald. If Colts move Lepkowski and don't acquire another overager, I'd love to see Brown get consideration for that third OA spot. He's a much better player than Fawcett. Team him up with Scott and Cash Seraphim and that's the makings of a pretty decent third line as well. I think Corson and Fawcett should be moved. Your fourth line could include Cordell James, Matthew MacLeod and this year's top pick Matthew Kreis. If Colts talk Kevin LeBlanc into coming he will be a top six forward. A real home run would be convincing Dallas Stars prospect Devin Shore to leave university and join Colts. He is a legit top line centre. Colts get these two and they are favourites in Eastern Conference.
This, of course does not include the two Europeans the club can draft. Not sure if Howie will fork over the cash to get legit big talents in import draft. At least getting one big scoring winger would be a key.

Closed Thread