Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins Prospect Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2013, 10:42 AM
BoyntBergie

vCash: 500
Camara definitely has a troubling track record, but I have to agree with those who said this wasn't really dirty. Would love to get the on-ice angle, but that didn't look like it was a penalty let alone a game misconduct.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
zaYG

Camara really is a ****ing nut. I'm not too sure how AHL players will handle him but I feel as if he might have some goons to deal with real quick.

Gonna be interesting to see him and Seth on Providence next year...

Old
05-11-2013, 11:52 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Watching it now. Camara saw the opportunity for a knockout blow and took it. Will be interesting to see the about face this board takes when we have a Raffi Torres in black and gold.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:56 AM
zaYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Watching it now. Camara saw the opportunity for a knockout blow and took it. Will be interesting to see the about face this board takes when we have a Raffi Torres in black and gold.
At the rate he has done all of these hits, he might just be worse than Cooke or Torres. Not to say I'm not excited to see him, but he definitely sounds over the top.

Old
05-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
How was that dirty?

Glided into it. Didn't make any contact with the head and puck was in feet.
Huh?

Griffith dropped the puck before he started his swing and was looking back for the return pass. I know you're a fan of Camara's Colt, but let me set it up for you.

Camara and Griffith got coincidental minors for unsportsmanlike conduct in the second. Camara got 2 minutes for roughing in the 3rd. (guess who he roughed up). Coincidentally, that roughing penalty in the third is the penalty he just finished serving 3 seconds prior to the hit.

Camara comes out of the box, Griffith drops the puck and swings for the return pass, Camara makes a straight line directly at Griffith. There were previous incidents in this game.

I've watched Camara for 4 years now. One thing he does extremely well his disguises his hits. He goes for the shoulder, makes contact and follows through with a forearm to the head. And that's what caught Griffith and knocked him out cold.

Two Bruins prospects just recently signed. One knocks the other out (possibly for the remainder of the playoffs and Memorial Cup) while taking himself out of it to. And the one that was knocked out has had a previous concussion.

Cant imagine the Bruins brass is to happy with the turn of events.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I haven't seen the play, but as OOG noted, I don't think the Bruins are very happy with Camara, and I seriously doubt they would tolerate that sort of thing once he's joined the organization.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Mione134

Yikes...that hit by Camara...

I love players who play on the edge, who are nasty, but that hit on Griffith was just ..not what I want to see wearing a Black n Gold jersey. The B's brass need to have a talk with him because I don't want a Torres or a Cooke on this team. Its great to play nasty, but you have to be disciplined about it.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:56 PM
cat400

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=670258

Barrie Colts forward Anthony Camara suspended for hit on London's Seth Griffith

Barrie Colts will have to play the rest of the Ontario Hockey League final without Anthony Camara.

The forward was suspended for the series after an open-ice hit on London Knights forward Seth Griffith, who was skating without the puck.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:

Will the Bruins keep Camara? The B's are built around disciplined play and Camara might not fit in.

Old
05-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Will the Bruins keep Camara? The B's are built around disciplined play and Camara might not fit in.
I don't think they dump him at this time, but I would imagine they'll let him know what they expect from him.

Old
05-11-2013, 07:27 PM
cat400

Griffith playing in game 6 toinght and looking no worse for wear.

Old
05-11-2013, 10:16 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

London wins in OT 5-4, to force a Game 7 Monday night.

The Knights were up 4-0 before Barrie scored 4 goals in the 3rd to tie it

Old
05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
boston77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I don't think they dump him at this time, but I would imagine they'll let him know what they expect from him.
Camarra brings an element that is very unique. Most definitely right now he is over the top. He was under control at the world juniors and I am sure Thornton, Lucic, Chara can get him under control. He scored 36 goals in 50 games and has 9 playoff goals. What he has that is unique is speed, power, a fearless attitude and he has a scoring touch. Get this guy under control and he will be a great pro, tough to play against hated by the enemy loved by the home side. I have seen him play live a few times and this kid is very impressive.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Malkinstheman

Hey guys can you give me some insight on khubodin? Stats are pretty good but he does play on your team. Could he potentially become a starter?And should his height be a concern?

Old
05-12-2013, 08:33 PM
zaYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
Hey guys can you give me some insight on khubodin? Stats are pretty good but he does play on your team. Could he potentially become a starter?And should his height be a concern?
He could be a very good starter on many teams. He isn't for the faint of heart though. If you never felt confident in Hasek or Thomas then Khudobin will give you a stroke.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Huh?

Griffith dropped the puck before he started his swing and was looking back for the return pass. I know you're a fan of Camara's Colt, but let me set it up for you.

Camara and Griffith got coincidental minors for unsportsmanlike conduct in the second. Camara got 2 minutes for roughing in the 3rd. (guess who he roughed up). Coincidentally, that roughing penalty in the third is the penalty he just finished serving 3 seconds prior to the hit.

Camara comes out of the box, Griffith drops the puck and swings for the return pass, Camara makes a straight line directly at Griffith. There were previous incidents in this game.

I've watched Camara for 4 years now. One thing he does extremely well his disguises his hits. He goes for the shoulder, makes contact and follows through with a forearm to the head. And that's what caught Griffith and knocked him out cold.

Two Bruins prospects just recently signed. One knocks the other out (possibly for the remainder of the playoffs and Memorial Cup) while taking himself out of it to. And the one that was knocked out has had a previous concussion.

Cant imagine the Bruins brass is to happy with the turn of events.
Thanks for the context, knowing that he was potentially looking to hurt him does change how I look at the hit --I'd still need to see it from a different angle before I say anymore though as I didn't see his arm come up on this particular hit.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:57 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
I really don't think our system is helping any goalie this year haha

I think he is pretty underrated by the rest of the NHL, but a bit overrated by Bruins fans. They wanted him starting every game over Rask towards the end of the season

That said, I felt confident when he was in net. He could be good for splitting a lot of starts, maybe even as a starter.

He's fun to watch too. Like a poor man's Tim Thomas

Old
05-13-2013, 07:24 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston77 View Post
Camarra brings an element that is very unique. Most definitely right now he is over the top. He was under control at the world juniors and I am sure Thornton, Lucic, Chara can get him under control. He scored 36 goals in 50 games and has 9 playoff goals. What he has that is unique is speed, power, a fearless attitude and he has a scoring touch. Get this guy under control and he will be a great pro, tough to play against hated by the enemy loved by the home side. I have seen him play live a few times and this kid is very impressive.
sounds like Patrice Cormier, good player, bit of a loose cannon?

Old
05-13-2013, 01:57 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
sounds like Patrice Cormier, good player, bit of a loose cannon?
Cormier, Kassian, Downie all come to mind as kids who stepped over the line too much in Jr. The latter two have definitely settled down a bit and become good looking NHL players, hopefully Camara can do the same.

Old
05-13-2013, 05:49 PM
boston77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Cormier, Kassian, Downie all come to mind as kids who stepped over the line too much in Jr. The latter two have definitely settled down a bit and become good looking NHL players, hopefully Camara can do the same.

Cormier, Kassian and Downie don't match up for different reasons. Camara is a better skater than all of them. He can score goals. He is physical like all three of these guys, he can fight, and is really tough to play against. Regarding the hit against Griffin, I looked at it over and over and I agree with Dale Hawerchuk, he was trying to avoid Seth, his skates are pointing away from Seth at the point of impact.. Griffin never sees him and skated right into Anthony. Put this guy on someone like Kessel and lets see if he skates around fearlessly the way he is doing now.

This is what Hawerchuk said:

“He wasn’t trying to hit [Griffith] at all,” Hawerchuk said. “He was going for the puck [straight from getting out of the penalty box]. He tried to get out of the way actually and go around him. Griffith turned right into him. I think he got tossed pretty quick. I was surprised. Obviously, Griffith didn’t see him and there was a head-on collision.”

Hawerchuk also gave credit to Camara for the phenomenal playoff by Mark Scheifele a Winnipeg draft

"Colts left wing Anthony Camara, the collaborator on many Mark Scheifiele-authored bits of brilliance during the playoffs"

Last edited by boston77: 05-13-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old
05-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Colt.45Orr

Griffith is out there playing tonight and looks perfectly fine (has an assist already) --might I suggest it was not a dirty headshot after all?

If Camara had thrown that hit to his head then Griffith would not be playing tonight --no way, no how.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:58 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Griffith is out there playing tonight and looks perfectly fine (has an assist already) --might I suggest it was not a dirty headshot after all?

If Camara had thrown that hit to his head then Griffith would not be playing tonight --no way, no how.
ended up with 2 assists in the win to advance to the memorial cup

Old
05-14-2013, 09:48 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston77 View Post
Cormier, Kassian and Downie don't match up for different reasons. Camara is a better skater than all of them. He can score goals. He is physical like all three of these guys, he can fight, and is really tough to play against. Regarding the hit against Griffin, I looked at it over and over and I agree with Dale Hawerchuk, he was trying to avoid Seth, his skates are pointing away from Seth at the point of impact.. Griffin never sees him and skated right into Anthony. Put this guy on someone like Kessel and lets see if he skates around fearlessly the way he is doing now.
Downie and Kassian were both better OHL players than Camara. I wouldn't expect Camara to score anymore than Downie does in the NHL. I think he becomes a 3rd line 15-20 goal scorer at best and I'd be very happy if that's where he ends up.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:19 PM
boston77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Downie and Kassian were both better OHL players than Camara. I wouldn't expect Camara to score anymore than Downie does in the NHL. I think he becomes a 3rd line 15-20 goal scorer at best and I'd be very happy if that's where he ends up.
Downie I agree Kassian I don't agree. Camara basically broke out this year. He scored 36 in 50 and 9 in 16 playoff games, plus he was good for the Canadian juniors. If he scores 15-20 goals on the third line we will be in good shape...

Camara is a better skater than Downie and Kassian which is important at the NHL speed.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:57 AM
acfurino

The present and future of Jared Knight

Whatsup bruins fans,

I've had Jared Knight on my fantasy hockey keeper team for almost three yrs and im hoping u guys can give me information and your opinions about him...

1) I noticed he hasnt played for most of the year... Why?

2) How has he looked recently?

3) Whats his future/potential? Also estimated time of arrival in NHL?

Info and your opinions will b greatly appreciated...

-Tony

Closed Thread