HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 1|One More Time|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators|5.14.13|19:30 EDT

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2013, 10:54 AM
  #51
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Or trying to kick start Letang too? Letang hasn't exactly looked as good as he can (not even remotely close) paired with Despres, Eaton, Orpik, or even Martin.
Letang & Niskanen do seem to have a bit of a bromance. Not as much as Geno/Neal but a more quiet, understated type of love.

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
  #52
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
This is why you (not caffeinated boy) are the best in the business.

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
  #53
Hugh Madbrough
Registered User
 
Hugh Madbrough's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,805
vCash: 500
I hope Letang doesn't try to outdo Karlsson...he needs to keep it simple. Nisky/Tang played well early in the year. I'd prefer 47/58 though because 2 did not look good against the Isles.

Hugh Madbrough is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:57 AM
  #54
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Oh, absolutely, well hidden . . . can't believe you glossed over my Pale Rider reference a few posts ago (in reply to your Sid psychological profile) without reply . . .
I didn't gloss over it, sir. I never gloss over anything. I'm saving my trolling reply for when you least expect it.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:57 AM
  #55
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Madbrough View Post
I hope Letang doesn't try to outdo Karlsson...he needs to keep it simple. Nisky/Tang played well early in the year. I'd prefer 47/58 though because 2 did not look good against the Isles.
that's the great thing about Letang: he's a very intelligent, level-headed player. Never tries to do too much, almost makes the smart, simple play.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:59 AM
  #56
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Letang & Niskanen do seem to have a bit of a bromance. Not as much as Geno/Neal but a more quiet, understated type of love.
Look, I'll leave the OK Magazine angle to you. BUT, I had one other thought: Nisky on the right side was a bigger nightmare than Letang making that stretch pass from the right side of the ice. Maybe he'll be better with that on the left side.

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
  #57
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I didn't gloss over it, sir. I never gloss over anything. I'm saving my trolling reply for when you least expect it.
Reply's got nothin' to do with it.

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
  #58
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
that's the great thing about Letang: he's a very intelligent, level-headed player. Never tries to do too much, almost makes the smart, simple play.
O'k, now that one may have reeked a little . . .

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:03 AM
  #59
MeticulouslyDishevel
Registered User
 
MeticulouslyDishevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
I don't want to be "that guy" and post in the Ottawa forum refuting stuff, but for some reason Sens fans are under the impression that: a) the Pens are seriously banged up; and b) Joe Vitale was one of the Pens' worst players this season.

On point A, I don't get it. The Pens are as healthy as they've been in years. Crosby is wearing the jaw protector thing but it's not affecting his play whatsoever. Malkin's shoulder is probably bothering him but it's not stopping him from racking up points. Neal is healthy. Letang is healthy. Orpik is healthy. Martin is healthy. We have zero players scratched due to injury right now. Like I said, I don't get it.

On point B....I don't even know what to say about that. We call him Joe Victory for a reason.
I think it's just wishful thinking on the fan's part. Proof that not everyone on HFBoards actually has a clue about what he/she is posting. Who would have thought?

MeticulouslyDishevel is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:04 AM
  #60
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
emptynetters 11:03am via Twitter for iPhone

Vokoun first goalie off to the dressing room.
https://twitter.com/emptynetters/sta...22964780679168

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:04 AM
  #61
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,694
vCash: 500
As to: 9 - 87 - 12, 14 - 71 - 18, 10 - 16 - 24, 27 - 46...

and...

Quote:
Vokoun first goalie off to the dressing room.



Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I detect a small element of sarcasm in that post.
I sensed something too... but I couldn't... quite... place it. Subtlety is not my strong suit.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:05 AM
  #62
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Reply's got nothin' to do with it.
this is going to play out like the shootout in Terror in a Texas Town. don't underestimate the coffee-addled hombre by basing your assessment on the fact that he's brought a harpoon to a gun-fight.



Last edited by Crafton: 05-14-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Crafton is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
  #63
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Look, I'll leave the OK Magazine angle to you. BUT, I had one other thought: Nisky on the right side was a bigger nightmare than Letang making that stretch pass from the right side of the ice. Maybe he'll be better with that on the left side.
They seem to keep each other in check. Niskanen doesn't try to do more than he can with Letang on the ice and focuses more on positional stuff and covering. Letang knows he has someone covering for him but also seems to remember that it's not Ray Bourque, so he seems to keep things simpler as well. Unless I'm totally misremembering, they work best when paired with one another.

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
  #64
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post

Sideline is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:08 AM
  #65
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
this is going to play out like the shootout in Terror in a Texas Town. don't underestimate the coffee-addled hombre by basing your assessment on the fact that he's brought a harpoon to a gun-fight.

**** that. He sends me to the hospital with that harpoon, then I'm going to send him to the ******* morgue. THAT's the HFBoards way.

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:08 AM
  #66
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
penguins 11:06am via Twitter for iPhone

Vokoun confirms he is starting in goal #Pens
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/334323871132037121

Controversy averted. Temporarily, anyway.

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:09 AM
  #67
MeticulouslyDishevel
Registered User
 
MeticulouslyDishevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I detect a small element of sarcasm in that post.
Really? I completely missed it...

MeticulouslyDishevel is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:09 AM
  #68
SteelFish87*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,279
vCash: 500
despite Despres not playing, i kinda like the D-pairings and think it could work

SteelFish87* is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:10 AM
  #69
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
They seem to keep each other in check. Niskanen doesn't try to do more than he can with Letang on the ice and focuses more on positional stuff and covering. Letang knows he has someone covering for him but also seems to remember that it's not Ray Bourque, so he seems to keep things simpler as well. Unless I'm totally misremembering, they work best when paired with one another.
You're not mis-remembering.

IMO, I think Bylsma is going to ride the heck out of that top four. I expect very few shifts where Engo and Murray are together (as opposed to with one of the four). And, I expect then to play no more than 24 minutes total combined.

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:11 AM
  #70
MeticulouslyDishevel
Registered User
 
MeticulouslyDishevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/334323871132037121

Controversy averted. Temporarily, anyway.
Hallelujah. It was the obvious choice but one can never trust that HCDB will actually do it.

MeticulouslyDishevel is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:12 AM
  #71
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/334323871132037121

Controversy averted. Temporarily, anyway.
It's all part of Bylsma's plan. You know, like the line changes. He's going to go back to the opening lines for game two against the Isles, put Fleury in net, and then pull out the big moves only when he needs them so he can be heralded yet again for his brilliant adjustments.

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:12 AM
  #72
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff
 
SuburbanRhythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Hate being "that guy" too...and even worse, going on Ferris Bueller, but

A woman I work with, her nephew is one of the trainers. She was texting back and forth with him this morning. He said he knew about as much as us as far as who would be starting tonight, but that "the room wants Fleury to start".

Take that for what it's worth. Pretty much nothing.

SuburbanRhythm is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
  #73
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
Hate being "that guy" too...and even worse, going on Ferris Bueller, but

A woman I work with, her nephew is one of the trainers. She was texting back and forth with him this morning. He said he knew about as much as us as far as who would be starting tonight, but that "the room wants Fleury to start".

Take that for what it's worth. Pretty much nothing.
**** the room. They can have Adams getting 5 on 5 ice time. That's where the charity should end.

KIRK is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:16 AM
  #74
radapex
Registered User
 
radapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
**** the room. They can have Adams getting 5 on 5 ice time. That's where the charity should end.
Let's just hope he doesn't lose the team in doing so. Sadly, it's a real possibility if they are that much in favour of Fleury starting.

radapex is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:16 AM
  #75
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 19,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
**** the room. They can have Adams getting 5 on 5 ice time. That's where the charity should end.
Any coach in the NHL would have Vokoun in right now. **** the room indeed.

mpp9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.