HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Magnus Nygren signs a two year ELC with the Habs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2013, 11:11 AM
  #76
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I don't know IMO if Diaz is a PMD. He as PMD-type flashes, but to the level Subban is and Markov once was (still actually is, but he is 34 remember...).
Perhaps. But if Diaz were moved, age, salary, playing style (RH PMD...which is hard to find on the open market) make it so that Bergevin could land a solid physical bottom pair dman....at least

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:13 AM
  #77
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I don't know IMO if Diaz is a PMD. He as PMD-type flashes, but to the level Subban is and Markov once was (still actually is, but he is 34 remember...).
Diaz isn't a PMD, he makes a strong first pass. He doesn't have the skating ability to be a PMD.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
  #78
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I remember 2011 playoffs vs. Boston 1 or 2 dirty goals from the faceoff circle on PPs. Man did that guy have potential. Oh well...it happens.
I was talking about Nygren. He said he saw him play, he complained about him, yet he still hasn't told us which games he saw or vs who.

I have a feeling he was just *****ing for the sake of *****ing and never saw the guy play.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
  #79
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Diaz isn't a PMD, he makes a strong first pass. He doesn't have the skating ability to be a PMD.
well, that is moving the puck. technically

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:16 AM
  #80
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
He'll suit up at some point next season for us, possibly right out of camp.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:18 AM
  #81
ForeverHabs97
Registered User
 
ForeverHabs97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
He'll suit up at some point next season for us, possibly right out of camp.
For the bulldogs, he's not yet NHL ready.

ForeverHabs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:18 AM
  #82
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
We have a prospect who won best D in the SEL?

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
  #83
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,646
vCash: 500
TVA Sports saying that the contract will only be signed after the PTA between the IIHF and NHL is signed.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...ntrat-14052013

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
  #84
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,181
vCash: 500
Great news. Will need some time in the AHL. Good policy to have during the season. We still need to fix and get a better mix out of that defense though.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
  #85
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?
 
dmanfish90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waterloo/TOR (Sigh)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Perhaps. But if Diaz were moved, age, salary, playing style (RH PMD...which is hard to find on the open market) make it so that Bergevin could land a solid physical bottom pair dman....at least
Agreed 100%. Although I would like him to get something like a bottom 6/top 9 physical forward that can score...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Diaz isn't a PMD, he makes a strong first pass. He doesn't have the skating ability to be a PMD.
That's what I thought...Subban, Markov (well he used to) have the skates to be one. Diaz, not really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
How many games have you actually seen him play and vs which teams?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I remember 2011 playoffs vs. Boston 1 or 2 dirty goals from the faceoff circle on PPs. Man did that guy have potential. Oh well...it happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I was talking about Nygren. He said he saw him play, he complained about him, yet he still hasn't told us which games he saw or vs who.

I have a feeling he was just *****ing for the sake of *****ing and never saw the guy play.
You guys were talking about Weber...


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 05-14-2013 at 12:01 PM.
dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:28 AM
  #86
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Actually, you need to go further back. He was responding to a quote about Nygren and said it reminded him of Weber.

The subject was definitely Nygren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
We have a prospect who won best D in the SEL?
Best non-foreign d-man.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:31 AM
  #87
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Diaz isn't a PMD, he makes a strong first pass. He doesn't have the skating ability to be a PMD.
Silly me. I thought that PMD meant, first and foremost, high quality passes. Especially the "first pass". The skill to move a puck out of your territory fast and effectively.

And to keep it in the o-zone.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
  #88
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?
 
dmanfish90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waterloo/TOR (Sigh)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Actually, you need to go further back. He was responding to a quote about Nygren and said it reminded him of Weber.

The subject was definitely Nygren.



Best non-foreign d-man.
But then you responded saying "How many games did you watch him play and vs. which teams". The topic had been about Nygren yes, but had changed once he mentioned Weber.

Next time, be more specific

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:36 AM
  #89
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
But then you responded saying "How many games did you watch him play and vs. which teams". The topic had been about Nygren yes, but had changed once he mentioned Weber.

Next time, be more specific

The thread subject is Nygren. Sorry if you misunderstood. I hope you don't misunderstand next time as well.

The "him" (ie: Subject) stayed Nygren, regardless of the mention of Weber.

Weber was thrown in at some point, but the main subject remained Nygren.

The use of the word "actually" should have cleared that up, because most Habs fans have seen Weber play, and it's understood that I wouldn't ask him such a question about Weber.

Anyways....thanks for that. 30 seconds I won't ever get back.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:41 AM
  #90
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Silly me. I thought that PMD meant, first and foremost, high quality passes. Especially the "first pass". The skill to move a puck out of your territory fast and effectively.

And to keep it in the o-zone.
Doesn't PMD generally mean that the guy can skate with the puck? At least that's what I've gotten from these boards, Diaz isn't someone who's going to lug the puck up the ice.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:42 AM
  #91
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Doesn't PMD generally mean that the guy can skate with the puck? At least that's what I've gotten from these boards, Diaz isn't someone who's going to lug the puck up the ice.
I'd say that definition is accurate.

However it's often thrown at d-men that aren't physical, like in Diaz's case.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:53 AM
  #92
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?
 
dmanfish90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waterloo/TOR (Sigh)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
The thread subject is Nygren. Sorry if you misunderstood. I hope you don't misunderstand next time as well.

The "him" (ie: Subject) stayed Nygren, regardless of the mention of Weber.

Weber was thrown in at some point, but the main subject remained Nygren.

The use of the word "actually" should have cleared that up, because most Habs fans have seen Weber play, and it's understood that I wouldn't ask him such a question about Weber.

Anyways....thanks for that. 30 seconds I won't ever get back.
Yeah i should have clued in. 4 hours of sleep will do that. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Doesn't PMD generally mean that the guy can skate with the puck? At least that's what I've gotten from these boards, Diaz isn't someone who's going to lug the puck up the ice.
I think it means both being able to move the puck while handling it and making that first or second pass that leads to O-Zone pressure and a potential scoring chance/goal.


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 05-14-2013 at 12:01 PM.
dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:01 PM
  #93
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Yeah i should have clued in. 4 hours of sleep will do that. Sorry
You just need a stiff drink or 5.

It's 1:00pm. Get on it!

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
  #94
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
We have a prospect who won best D in the SEL?
Yeah lol I was also surprised and pleased. AND he's over 6ft ! Welcome to the Habs Magnus.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
  #95
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I thought so too, but still. Let's hope he turns out as good, hopefully better than Diaz. Guy looked shaky in his 1st PO series this year...
I thought Diaz was solid in the playoffs. Not sure where you see "shaky", plays a smart game at both ends of the ice and moves the puck well. Very underrated because he isn't flashy.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:10 PM
  #96
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Diaz isn't a PMD, he makes a strong first pass. He doesn't have the skating ability to be a PMD.
First of all PMD means Puck Moving Defenseman, meaning he makes a good play to get it up the ice, wether skating or passing.

Second, Diaz has above average mobility for an NHL d-man. He isn't Subban or Beaulieu but those guys have well above average skating.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:10 PM
  #97
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?
 
dmanfish90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waterloo/TOR (Sigh)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I thought Diaz was solid in the playoffs. Not sure where you see "shaky", plays a smart game at both ends of the ice and moves the puck well. Very underrated because he isn't flashy.
http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...stats_playoffs

-4 through 5 games with an avg TOI of about 22:40. Shaky to me compared to his regular season numbers...

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:21 PM
  #98
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...stats_playoffs

-4 through 5 games with an avg TOI of about 22:40. Shaky to me compared to his regular season numbers...
Isolate the numbers game by game, tho. If you take out Game 1, where he was, indeed, terrible (so was Gorges), how was Diaz?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:28 PM
  #99
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
First of all PMD means Puck Moving Defenseman, meaning he makes a good play to get it up the ice, wether skating or passing.

Second, Diaz has above average mobility for an NHL d-man. He isn't Subban or Beaulieu but those guys have well above average skating.
I never said Diaz is a bad skater, bit of a weird stride but he still has good mobility. Also alot of people have different views on what a PMD is.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:01 PM
  #100
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?
 
dmanfish90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waterloo/TOR (Sigh)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Isolate the numbers game by game, tho. If you take out Game 1, where he was, indeed, terrible (so was Gorges), how was Diaz?
If you opened the link, you'll see the Game Log.

Game 3: -1, 24:06, 1 SOG. Not bad considering we let in 6 goals (IDK how many were on the PP) but not good either.
Game 4: -2, 22:04, 1 SOG. Bad.

Game 5: 0, 22:46, 3 SOG. Better.

My point is look at his stats pre-concussion and look at his stats after. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt cuz of the injury. Next time we're in the POs, I want to see more from him.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.