HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ozolinsh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2006, 01:19 AM
  #26
TheRedressor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 500
Has Ozolinsh been skating with the team at all?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
  #27
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Babcock will take him to Detroit any moment. Is that what needs to be done to get a proof?
All he has to do is offer a 3rd round pick and Ozolinsh is all his. If he is so hot for him, then where is the offer?
Quote:
After that he would become an elite.
Two things here. Didn't you state that he is already "elite"? If that is the case, then what does going to Detroit have anything to do with it? And how could going to a new city turn a mediocre player into an elite one?
Quote:
Common, the guy anchored the entire Ducks
He never "anchored" it. He simply scored points.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:04 AM
  #28
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Has Ozolinsh been skating with the team at all?
Ozolinsh was cleared by the Rangers doctors to skate last week.He is not skating with the Rangers in any practices

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 10:36 AM
  #29
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
All he has to do is offer a 3rd round pick and Ozolinsh is all his. If he is so hot for him, then where is the offer?
Did Sather indicate he shops Ozo? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Two things here. Didn't you state that he is already "elite"? If that is the case, then what does going to Detroit have anything to do with it? And how could going to a new city turn a mediocre player into an elite one?
Detroit is not just another city. It is US hockey capital. Every one who played there lately draws huge respect from media and hockey fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
He never "anchored" it. He simply scored points.
I though that was the most important as far as you were concerned.
He did carry Ducks into Stanley Cup final. He made Latvia look great in Olympic. You may disagree, but I still think "Once great - forever good" or something along this line.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:12 AM
  #30
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Did Sather indicate he shops Ozo? I haven't seen that anywhere.
Since when do you need to be shopped in order to have someone make an offer fof you? You make the asssertion that indicates that Babcock is hot for him. Then why hasn't he made even a midling offer? It's not like everyone does not know that he has no place on the Rangers. If he can get such a great player on the cheap, then why is there no buzz about it?
Quote:
Detroit is not just another city. It is US hockey capital. Every one who played there lately draws huge respect from media and hockey fans.
So simply by playing in Detroit makes a mediocre player an elite one? That explains the shortage of elite players in the league. They are all in Detroit.
Quote:
He did carry Ducks into Stanley Cup final.
I could have sworn that the Ducks rode the play of a certain goalie that year. Stating that Ozolinsh carried the Ducks into the Cup finals is waaaaay overblowing what he did.
Quote:
He made Latvia look great in Olympic.
And he made the Rangers look bad in the NHL.
Quote:
You may disagree, but I still think "Once great - forever good" or something along this line.
Like Singin' said if Ozolinsh is "elite", then color Rozsival a Hall of Famer.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 11:33 AM
  #31
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It's not like everyone does not know that he has no place on the Rangers.
That is only the assumption of playoff frustrated fans. If Rangers wanted him out, they wouldn't handle internally DWI episode nor they would be helping him to drop the charges altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
And he made the Rangers look bad in the NHL.
So did Messier (second tenure), Fleury, Kamensky, LaFontaine, Lindros, etc. I'm not saying Ozo belongs to that list, but on paper he is the best D on the Rangers roster as of now.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 12:51 PM
  #32
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
That is only the assumption of playoff frustrated fans. If Rangers wanted him out, they wouldn't handle internally DWI episode nor they would be helping him to drop the charges altogether.

So did Messier (second tenure), Fleury, Kamensky, LaFontaine, Lindros, etc. I'm not saying Ozo belongs to that list, but on paper he is the best D on the Rangers roster as of now.
If there is a place for him, why did they go out and sign Ward, Rachunek & Rozsival? It was certainly not to have a roughly $2m 7th defenseman.
Why has he not been involved in a single scrimmage? Why has he not been seen practicing with the team?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
  #33
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
If there is a place for him, why did they go out and sign Ward, Rachunek & Rozsival? It was certainly not to have a roughly $2m 7th defenseman.
Why has he not been involved in a single scrimmage? Why has he not been seen practicing with the team?
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here--Ozolinsh has not been cleared to practice with the team yet, he did undergo major surgery in June. This discussion is premature, although I have no doubt that the only reason he's still here is because he's on the IR and couldn't be bought out in June or otherwise dealt with by now. We'll see who's right when he's ready to come off the IR.

Until then, carry on!

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:49 PM
  #34
TheRedressor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 500
Its amazing how underated his offensive abilities are. This guy is not Poti, he has PROVEN OFFENSIVE ability. Unlike Poti when this guys scored 50+ points, it was because of him, not other players. He created the plays.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:52 PM
  #35
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Its amazing how underated his offensive abilities are. This guy is not Poti, he has PROVEN OFFENSIVE ability. Unlike Poti when this guys scored 50+ points, it was because of him, not other players. He created the plays.
The problem is that his defensive play is also underated in that it is actually much worse than advertised. His offensive play is one thing, but he is an absolute horror show when it comes to anything not having to do with anything in the opposing zone. His defensive play is so awfull, that it actually outweighs any good that he may do with his offensive play.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 01:55 PM
  #36
Parrish
Registered User
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Decatur; Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Since when do you need to be shopped in order to have someone make an offer fof you? You make the asssertion that indicates that Babcock is hot for him. Then why hasn't he made even a midling offer? It's not like everyone does not know that he has no place on the Rangers. If he can get such a great player on the cheap, then why is there no buzz about it?

So simply by playing in Detroit makes a mediocre player an elite one? That explains the shortage of elite players in the league. They are all in Detroit.

I could have sworn that the Ducks rode the play of a certain goalie that year. Stating that Ozolinsh carried the Ducks into the Cup finals is waaaaay overblowing what he did.

And he made the Rangers look bad in the NHL.

Like Singin' said if Ozolinsh is "elite", then color Rozsival a Hall of Famer.

Not to troll or anything, but I would like to comment on this discussion. Where shall I start?

First off both opinions of TureBlue and 94now are extreme. Let's be realistic Ozolinsh did not carry Anaheim to the Cup finals. He helped though. He played pretty decent D while there and was very good at getting the puck into the opposition's end. He made some very good outlett passes I remember leading to scoring chances. He gave a team some offensive flair that really was unmatched by any other dmen in their organization at that time. Long story short he contributed, but that's a far cry from carrie. Anyone that was watching hockey knows if anyone was carrying the Ducks it was Giguare at that time.

Also the argument about Ozolinsh having no place on the rangers is simply not true either. Let's face it like him or not he is worlds better then Poti. Pock hasnt proven to be capable of qbing the powerplay at the NHL level. The problem with Ozo in New York last season was how he was used. To often and in to many defensive situations. Ozolinsh isnt the guy you put in those positions. He rather plays well on the Powerplay and in times of desperate need of a goal. Anyone that says he has no place on their team obviosly hasnt paid fair attention to his offesive game.

Thirdly the argument of Ozolinsh going to Detroit is very unrealistic. Detroit is in Cap problems and would not want to take on a 2.7 million dollar contract. this is why Lang is rumored to be on the block and the Wings took such a gamble in net; to save cap room. Also Lidstrom and Kronwall have their powerplay running just fine which is where Ozo would help the most. However I don't think 94now was trying to say that a player going to Detroit makes them elite. He simply is suggesting that a player put in the right envirment can take off (sullivan-nas,konowalchuk-col,Cullen-car etc.). Having Babcock as Coach and playing on a known strong Powerplay unit could help his career and raise his play a notch.

Olympics has nothing to do with the NHL. They are two completely different games. Players like Ozolinsh fair much better in a game which they don't need to worrie about being hit. It also benifits players that play a few solid games and then tail off. The schdule isnt as hard.

Just because a player was great dosnt mean they still are. Time gos by people change,envirments change. I have a hard time thinking Brett Hull could play "forever good" hockey.

As far as Ozolinsh not practicing regulary with the team. That is a premature argument. He is coming off an injury. Also many top players take practices off to avoid injury and fatigue. A smart Coach understands Ozolinsh seems to fatigue rather quickly. Not so much in one game. He can play 30 minutes and look pretty good. He does however fatigue very significantly after long stretches. It's like he looses his boost. The guy dosnt always giev a full effort either. Maybe that's why he oftin looks imprsive in Olympic and playoff games. The exitment is there to keep his interest and motivation to play well.

bottom line. Ozolinsh is a good player. He truly is. He has a great offenssive spark and can help staple a powerplay unit together. But he is only as good as his coach makes him. If used incorrectly he will hurt your team. Besides he needs a Coach that can kep his wheels turning and the grenn light on because Ozo is Ozo's biggest enemy and he often turns the light red on himself.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
  #37
Parrish
Registered User
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Decatur; Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The problem is that his defensive play is also underated in that it is actually much worse than advertised. His offensive play is one thing, but he is an absolute horror show when it comes to anything not having to do with anything in the opposing zone. His defensive play is so awfull, that it actually outweighs any good that he may do with his offensive play.
This is simply not true. While I agree he isnt defensively sound, but his offense isnt completly outweighed if used correctly.You seem ignorant to that fact. Would you complain about Darius Kasparaitis being useless if he was constatly on the powerplay (where he has no bussiness). That is what it's like when Ozo is playing the Pk (which I swear I remember seeing in NY and Florida).

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 02:38 PM
  #38
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d View Post
Also the argument about Ozolinsh having no place on the rangers is simply not true either. Let's face it like him or not he is worlds better then Poti. Pock hasnt proven to be capable of qbing the powerplay at the NHL level.
That's great. However, Poti is on the Islanders and Pock looks to be the 7th defenseman.
Quote:
The problem with Ozo in New York last season was how he was used. To often and in to many defensive situations.
Turning the puck over with an extremely lazy pass right through the middle of the ice has nothing to do with playing too often or in defensive situation. It is a fairly fundemental play that he was incapable of doing.
Quote:
Anyone that says he has no place on their team obviosly hasnt paid fair attention to his offesive game.
I have and I still state that he has no place on this team.
Quote:
However I don't think 94now was trying to say that a player going to Detroit makes them elite. He simply is suggesting that a player put in the right envirment can take off (sullivan-nas,konowalchuk-col,Cullen-car etc.).
Suggesting what you are stating and flat-out stating that by going to Detroit, Ozolinsh would become elite seems fairly black-and-white to me. The statement was made that if he went to Detroit, he would be elite.
Quote:
This is simply not true. While I agree he isnt defensively sound, but his offense isnt completly outweighed if used correctly
There is no way to use him correctly, unless you manage to keep him strictly in the other side of the red-line. Ozolish proved to be a horror when playing on his team's side of the ice.
Quote:
You seem ignorant to that fact.
The issue of Ozolinsh was not his PK play. It was his ES play. A fact you seem to be ignorant of. Unless you use him on nothing but the power play, his weakness were exposed. He was incapable of even mediocre play at ES.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
  #39
Parrish
Registered User
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Decatur; Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That's great. However, Poti is on the Islanders and Pock looks to be the 7th defenseman.
I already knew both. What I'm saying is Poti's former position is now Ozo's. Like it or not. Also it will remain that way untill Pock or someone else beets him for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Turning the puck over with an extremely lazy pass right through the middle of the ice has nothing to do with playing too often or in defensive situation. It is a fairly fundemental play that he was incapable of doing.
Are there any key moments you remember him doing this? Please specifie otherwise you are simply blowing out air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I have and I still state that he has no place on this team.
Opinion.



Suggesting what you are stating and flat-out stating that by going to Detroit, Ozolinsh would become elite seems fairly black-and-white to me. The statement was made that if he went to Detroit, he would be elite.



Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
There is no way to use him correctly, unless you manage to keep him strictly in the other side of the red-line. Ozolish proved to be a horror when playing on his team's side of the ice..
This is a false statment and obviosly an opinion without much merit. The guy helped Colorado win the Stanly Cup. He also helped Anaheim a great deal in 02-03 playoffs.



Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The issue of Ozolinsh was not his PK play. It was his ES play. A fact you seem to be ignorant of. Unless you use him on nothing but the power play, his weakness were exposed. He was incapable of even mediocre play at ES.
I never said Ozolinsh's only problem was his PK. I was using it as an example of how he was handled incorrectly by some teams. Anyone that is going to argue that he isnt being used incorrectly while on the PK would obviosly not have very much knowledge on Ozo. Also He is capable of handling even strength play. This dosnt mean he can handle playing 25 minutes a night against the openants top line. He is servicable against some of their lesser lines and on the powerplay though.



If you want people to take your posts seriously try not saying that a guy that once helped carry his team to the cup worthless. He has a 68 point season under his belt along with a 64,and a few 40+ point seasons.

Are you saying that Oleg Tverdovsky,P. Nummelin,L visnovsky,Gonchar, and more all worthless? Ozolinsh isnt the only offensively gifted Dmen with limited defensive skills in the NHL. Half the teams in the NHL have a guy or two like this.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2006, 07:00 PM
  #40
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
He has offensive skills, but his D is bad. No way NY keeps a 2+mil 7th D man with serious issues.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
  #41
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d View Post
I already knew both. What I'm saying is Poti's former position is now Ozo's. Like it or not. Also it will remain that way untill Pock or someone else beets him for the job.
Malik, Rozsival, Tyutin, Kasper, Ward, Rachunek. Please tell me again how Poti's spot belongs to Ozolinsh.
Quote:
Are there any key moments you remember him doing this? Please specifie otherwise you are simply blowing out air.
There were more than enough. However, the Florida and Toronto game at the end of last year stand out. As does his peformance in game 2 against the Devils.
Quote:
Opinion.
Off course it is. That is what we do here. State our opinions. Just like it is your opinion that he has a place on the team.
Quote:
This is a false statment and obviosly an opinion without much merit. The guy helped Colorado win the Stanly Cup. He also helped Anaheim a great deal in 02-03 playoffs.
First of all, this is not Colorado or Anaheim. Second of all, stating that my statement that he is a horror show when it comes to defese is a false statement and without merit is about as usefull as you countering it. You obviously feel that his defesive game is solid if you disagree. Stating that it is witout merit, makes me think that you did not watch his games with the Rangers last year. Not in the regular season and not in the playoffs. You claim that it is without merit? Why don't we take a poll on this board of people that watched his every game of how poor or sound his defensive game was? Who do you think would win?
Quote:
I never said Ozolinsh's only problem was his PK. I was using it as an example of how he was handled incorrectly by some teams. Anyone that is going to argue that he isnt being used incorrectly while on the PK would obviosly not have very much knowledge on Ozo.
Anyone that would argue and continually point to the PK as his main problem would obviously not have very much knowledge of how Ozolinsh was used when he was a Ranger.
Quote:
Also He is capable of handling even strength play.
No one is debating what he is capable of. What he is theoretically capable of is not the issue. What he has actually shown he is capable of is.
Quote:
If you want people to take your posts seriously try not saying that a guy that once helped carry his team to the cup worthless.
Allow for me to get this right. You are going to come onto my team's boards, not having a clue of how long anyone has been here, and lecture me on how to get my posts taken seriously?

Frankly, I could care less what he did on the 'Ducks drive to the Cup. I do care on what he has done since he has been a Ranger.
Quote:
He has a 68 point season under his belt along with a 64,and a few 40+ point seasons.
So what? What does that have to do with the fact that seemingly every time he stepped onto the ice as a Ranger at ES, a turnover that led to an odd-man rush occured?
Quote:
Are you saying that Oleg Tverdovsky,P. Nummelin,L visnovsky,Gonchar, and more all worthless? Ozolinsh isnt the only offensively gifted Dmen with limited defensive skills in the NHL. Half the teams in the NHL have a guy or two like this.
I could care less about any of those players. I could even care a lesser amount about who has what kind of limited defensive team. I do care about the fact that Ozolinsh's play at any type of situation aside from the PP, was a handicap to his team.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 10:37 AM
  #42
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Frankly, I could care less what he did on the 'Ducks drive to the Cup. I do care on what he has done since he has been a Ranger.

So what? What does that have to do with the fact that seemingly every time he stepped onto the ice as a Ranger at ES, a turnover that led to an odd-man rush occured?

I could care less about any of those players. I could even care a lesser amount about who has what kind of limited defensive team. I do care about the fact that Ozolinsh's play at any type of situation aside from the PP, was a handicap to his team.
You're not helping your cause like that, TB. Unless you don't care about that either.
Why should anyone care about Ozo performance on the team that was doomed anyway. Let's see what he can do for winning team, not for fatally injured squad the Rangers became at the end of last season.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 10:42 AM
  #43
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
Parrish...

in Ozo's time here with the Rangers he was no 'worlds' better than Poti - in fact, he made Poti look like a top pair defensive defenseman and the offense provided by Ozo was not enough to make up for his lack of defense to even say that his play approached Poti in his time here.

He may have had a bad (check that, horrific) stretch while he was here (to the point that Renney benched him at least once down the stretch). Perhaps he can plaly better - but I think this team has 6 defensemen in the organization with whom they're better off than Ozolinsh.

That's pretty much all I want to say about Ozo until rumors of his return resurface.q

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 11:06 AM
  #44
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You're not helping your cause like that, TB. Unless you don't care about that either.
Not hepling my cause with what? What difference does it make what defensive problems Treverdosky has? He is not on the Rangers and Ozolinsh is.
Quote:
Why should anyone care about Ozo performance on the team that was doomed anyway.
Ozolinsh's poor defensive play had nothing do to with any injuries and everything to do with his own poor defensive play. An injury to Jagr has nothing to do with a lazy, half-hearted clearing play directly through the center of the ice.
Quote:
Let's see what he can do for winning team, not for fatally injured squad the Rangers became at the end of last season.
Unfortunately for you, you are not going to see what he can do with this Rangers team. Unless you are prepared to tell me which defenseman he replaces and what becomes of said defenseman.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 11:50 AM
  #45
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Unfortunately for you, you are not going to see what he can do with this Rangers team. Unless you are prepared to tell me which defenseman he replaces and what becomes of said defenseman.
He replaced Poti already. Pock is there to be in his absence. If Pock will ever be as good as Ozo at his worse, I'd be only happy for the Austrian. I wouldn't dress Ozolinch against NJ, if possible. They are able to intercept a neutral zone outlet passes from even better Ds. In addition they simply know his number, somehow, Guigere or Weeks...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 12:05 PM
  #46
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d View Post
Not to troll or anything, but I would like to comment on this discussion. Where shall I start?

First off both opinions of TureBlue and 94now are extreme. Let's be realistic Ozolinsh did not carry Anaheim to the Cup finals. He helped though. He played pretty decent D while there and was very good at getting the puck into the opposition's end. He made some very good outlett passes I remember leading to scoring chances. He gave a team some offensive flair that really was unmatched by any other dmen in their organization at that time. Long story short he contributed, but that's a far cry from carrie. Anyone that was watching hockey knows if anyone was carrying the Ducks it was Giguare at that time.

Also the argument about Ozolinsh having no place on the rangers is simply not true either. Let's face it like him or not he is worlds better then Poti. Pock hasnt proven to be capable of qbing the powerplay at the NHL level. The problem with Ozo in New York last season was how he was used. To often and in to many defensive situations. Ozolinsh isnt the guy you put in those positions. He rather plays well on the Powerplay and in times of desperate need of a goal. Anyone that says he has no place on their team obviosly hasnt paid fair attention to his offesive game.

Thirdly the argument of Ozolinsh going to Detroit is very unrealistic. Detroit is in Cap problems and would not want to take on a 2.7 million dollar contract. this is why Lang is rumored to be on the block and the Wings took such a gamble in net; to save cap room. Also Lidstrom and Kronwall have their powerplay running just fine which is where Ozo would help the most. However I don't think 94now was trying to say that a player going to Detroit makes them elite. He simply is suggesting that a player put in the right envirment can take off (sullivan-nas,konowalchuk-col,Cullen-car etc.). Having Babcock as Coach and playing on a known strong Powerplay unit could help his career and raise his play a notch.

Olympics has nothing to do with the NHL. They are two completely different games. Players like Ozolinsh fair much better in a game which they don't need to worrie about being hit. It also benifits players that play a few solid games and then tail off. The schdule isnt as hard.

Just because a player was great dosnt mean they still are. Time gos by people change,envirments change. I have a hard time thinking Brett Hull could play "forever good" hockey.

As far as Ozolinsh not practicing regulary with the team. That is a premature argument. He is coming off an injury. Also many top players take practices off to avoid injury and fatigue. A smart Coach understands Ozolinsh seems to fatigue rather quickly. Not so much in one game. He can play 30 minutes and look pretty good. He does however fatigue very significantly after long stretches. It's like he looses his boost. The guy dosnt always giev a full effort either. Maybe that's why he oftin looks imprsive in Olympic and playoff games. The exitment is there to keep his interest and motivation to play well.

bottom line. Ozolinsh is a good player. He truly is. He has a great offenssive spark and can help staple a powerplay unit together. But he is only as good as his coach makes him. If used incorrectly he will hurt your team. Besides he needs a Coach that can kep his wheels turning and the grenn light on because Ozo is Ozo's biggest enemy and he often turns the light red on himself.
Intersting points parrish, but I ask you this what's the point of keeping a Defenseman around when he sucks at playing D. We have guys who can score goals they're called offensemen, and I'd rather have any of them on the point than a guy with a monkey on his back. You mention defensmen being afraid to take a hit who are they and why would they be playing in the NHL?

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
  #47
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He replaced Poti already. Pock is there to be in his absence.
He replaced Poti in the current top-6 defensemen? Really? Becuase that is where Poti was last year. If you are stating that, then tell me which defensemen of the current top-6 is going to get moved out of the lineup for Ozolinsh?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 02:08 PM
  #48
NYR_LAT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Latvia
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Season starts next week, start a new topic.

Hell, ya Miss Poti so much, go be an Islanders fan.

The guy had a bad run when he joined us late season. Get over it already.

The team blew up late last season.

Meanwhile, the 'mediocre' D-Man walks in to a new system with bad knees and rehab for 19 games :

3G, 11A (+2) with 2 PPG

**** already.



Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 09-28-2006 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Lecturing the board.
NYR_LAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 06:32 PM
  #49
Parrish
Registered User
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Decatur; Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Malik, Rozsival, Tyutin, Kasper, Ward, Rachunek. Please tell me again how Poti's spot belongs to Ozolinsh.
Well since this is planet earth people get injured. People get the flu. also what makes you think Rachunek has 0% bust potential. Pock the 7th man could bust as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Allow for me to get this right. You are going to come onto my team's boards, not having a clue of how long anyone has been here, and lecture me on how to get my posts taken seriously? .
I'm sorry I had no idea you were so repected amonst these boards. Maybe next time i sould salute your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Frankly, I could care less what he did on the 'Ducks drive to the Cup. I do care on what he has done since he has been a Ranger.
This was an argument about him being worthless. He isnt. You said he's worthless at the NHL level nomatter what. He isnt.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 06:56 PM
  #50
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Allow for me to get this right. You are going to come onto my team's boards, not having a clue of how long anyone has been here, and lecture me on how to get my posts taken seriously?
Jeez, TB, what the heck is this guy thinking. We already KNOW not to take your posts seriously. Nothing worse then some alien poster trying to tell us what's what as Ranger fans. Or to quote Otter and Boon -
Quote:
He can't do that do that to our pledges. Only we can do that to our pledges.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.