HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ozolinsh

Old
09-28-2006, 06:09 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d View Post
Well since this is planet earth people get injured. People get the flu. also what makes you think Rachunek has 0% bust potential. Pock the 7th man could bust as well.
This is not about Pock. This is about the Rangers having a $2m 7th defenseman, which is what you seem to be trying to say. Ozolinsh is not going to be here as such. He is going to be in Hartford, where he is not going to eat cap space.

Besides, wasn't it your contention that he is taking Poti's place? Poti was one of the top 6, so how can Ozolinsh be a 7th defenseman and take Poti's place?
Quote:
I'm sorry I had no idea you were so repected amonst these boards. Maybe next time i sould salute your posts.
I actually have no idea of what people like me or not, respect me or not, or just like to debate with me. What I do know is that you decided to tell me what I need to do so that people can take my posts seriously. Personally, and no offense, I found that kind of laughable. Given that you and I have never had any debate in the past, and I highly doubt that you have been posting for any length of time to know me, how do you know what is and is not a respectable post around here? You are trying to say that my posts cannot be taken seriously (by you at least) because you seem to think that I have said that a guy who that once helped carry his team to the cup is worthless. You are implying that what he has done in the past somehow abates what he is doing currently. It makes no difference how he plaid when the Ducks went to the Cup finals. It does however make a big difference when you regard his play as it is currently. And can we please dispense with this notion of how he carried the Ducks? Or helped to so? He helped, but he hardly carried.
Quote:
This was an argument about him being worthless. He isnt. You said he's worthless at the NHL level nomatter what. He isnt.
Then why bring in other players? If you want to debate about only him, then let's do so. The term "worthless" cannot be taken literally here. It implies zero value. I am sure that if he were released, someone would pick him up.
So in that sense of the word he has value. However, do you really think that the Rangers could deal him for a 3rd round pick right now? Or 4th? I doubt it. On the Rangers he has no value. His horrid play has left him out of the equation.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 06:11 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Jeez, TB, what the heck is this guy thinking. We already KNOW not to take your posts seriously. Nothing worse then some alien poster trying to tell us what's what as Ranger fans. Or to quote Otter and Boon -
The funny thing is, as soon as I typed up my response, that very thing came to my mind. This is like the old Rivals debates when a fan of another team would invade the board.

Old
09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
XploD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
If Ozo is an elite defenseman, Rozsival is a lock hall-of-famer. By no means is Ozo an elite defenseman. In fact there are very few elite defensemen in the league. Off the top of my head, these are the guys I consider elite:

Pronger
Chara
Redden
Niedermayer
Lidstrom

A notch below:
Phaneuf (but getting there fast)
Blake
Pitkanen

That's it. And there is no way that Ozo is mentioned with any of those guys.
I hate how Zubov still is so underrated on these boards.

Ozo should get as much of a chance as anyone else to make the team. He still scored 14 points in 19 games and was a +2 last year for us. Wait and see if he can work on his defensive flaws before you boo him.

Last edited by XploD: 09-28-2006 at 06:29 PM.
XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 06:27 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The funny thing is, as soon as I typed up my response, that very thing came to my mind. This is like the old Rivals debates when a fan of another team would invade the board.
Yup, and only the oldtimers seem to get the Animal House/Caddyshack/Stripes references. I'm feeling old, TB...feeling old.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Yup, and only the oldtimers seem to get the Animal House/Caddyshack/Stripes references. I'm feeling old, TB...feeling old.
Youth knows no age, jas. Not old, but better.

Old
09-28-2006, 07:42 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
You know what was funniest about that...we'd be sitting there bashing the heck out of the Rangers, and then some troll Flyer or IceHole fan would drop by just to say essentially, "the Rangers suck". And, we'd all take turns abusing the sap while basically saying, "yes we know the Rangers suck, but we did not need some scrub like you to point it out."

Last edited by jas: 10-02-2006 at 05:42 AM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 08:12 AM
True Blue

Quote:
You know what was funniest about that...we'd be sitting there bashing the heck out of the Rangers, and then some troll Flyer or IceHole fan fan would drop by just to say essentially, "the Rangers suck". And, we'd all take turns abusing the sap while basically saying, "yes we know the Rangers suck, but we did not need some scrub like you to point it out."
Those were the days when cussing was a perfectly acceptable means of expression.

Old
09-29-2006, 06:10 PM
KrazyCanuck19

what's the latest word on Ozo? will he be in the lineup opening night?

KrazyCanuck19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 11:26 PM
KidPoker

I've checked several places and don't see Ozolinsh listed as injured. He didn't play in any pre-season games, so I doubt he'll play on opening night, and if he does he likely won't get much ice time. I'm also very curious as to whether or not he'll play, anyone hear the latest?

KidPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 11:29 PM
KidPoker

I found the following posted on Sep 17th:

Sandis Ozolinsh will not play until the end of October due to knee surgery.

Ozolinsh skated for the first time on Thursday and the Rangers do not expect him to be ready to play in game action until sometime in late October to mid-November. However, once he is ready to play, the Rangers may not have a spot for him on their roster as there are at least six defenceman who are projected ahead of the veteran on their depth chart. It looks like the veteran blueliner may not have a place to play this season, so do not consider him in your fantasy drafts as a result.

KidPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:50 AM
TheRedressor

Like i said before, if Pock hasn't thrusted himself in as the PP QB by mid-November/December you give Ozo a shot. Keep his minutes at even strength down and use him as Jagr is used on the PP.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
This is not about Pock. This is about the Rangers having a $2m 7th defenseman, which is what you seem to be trying to say. Ozolinsh is not going to be here as such. He is going to be in Hartford, where he is not going to eat cap space.

Besides, wasn't it your contention that he is taking Poti's place? Poti was one of the top 6, so how can Ozolinsh be a 7th defenseman and take Poti's place?

I actually have no idea of what people like me or not, respect me or not, or just like to debate with me. What I do know is that you decided to tell me what I need to do so that people can take my posts seriously. Personally, and no offense, I found that kind of laughable. Given that you and I have never had any debate in the past, and I highly doubt that you have been posting for any length of time to know me, how do you know what is and is not a respectable post around here? You are trying to say that my posts cannot be taken seriously (by you at least) because you seem to think that I have said that a guy who that once helped carry his team to the cup is worthless. You are implying that what he has done in the past somehow abates what he is doing currently. It makes no difference how he plaid when the Ducks went to the Cup finals. It does however make a big difference when you regard his play as it is currently. And can we please dispense with this notion of how he carried the Ducks? Or helped to so? He helped, but he hardly carried.

Then why bring in other players? If you want to debate about only him, then let's do so. The term "worthless" cannot be taken literally here. It implies zero value. I am sure that if he were released, someone would pick him up.
So in that sense of the word he has value. However, do you really think that the Rangers could deal him for a 3rd round pick right now? Or 4th? I doubt it. On the Rangers he has no value. His horrid play has left him out of the equation.
I mention Pock because he is one of the players competeing for a spot with the club as an offensive dman. As is Ozo. I really think you already knew that.

As far as me not knowing a good post from a bad one. Would it be how many posts you have or your time hear that makes you think that? I've posted hear for a long time I just normally stay on the Pit board. Also I have fewer posts per day as you possibly because I only post on things I feel somwhat strongly about or players I feel I watch such as Ozo. But since I have no clue what your trying to argue that case is dismissed.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 12:53 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d View Post
I mention Pock because he is one of the players competeing for a spot with the club as an offensive dman. As is Ozo. I really think you already knew that.
The point is that the Rangers are not going to have a $2m 7th defenseman eating cap space. Especially one who was such a liability virtually every time he stepped onto the ice.
Quote:
As far as me not knowing a good post from a bad one. Would it be how many posts you have or your time hear that makes you think that?
Huh? You are the one who decided it was time to tell me what I need to do so that my posts would get taken seriously.
Quote:
I only post on things I feel somwhat strongly about or players I feel I watch such as Ozo. But since I have no clue what your trying to argue that case is dismissed.
Something is getting lost in translastion. If you want to continue to debate, that is fine. If not, we'll just have to agree to disagree in the relative worth of Ozolinsh to the Rangers.

Old
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Well he's still good on the ice, at least when sober.

Just make sure someone drives him to and from the arena
Keep cracking those cliche, lame one-liners, I'm sure it'll really motivate.

I'm not at all PC but people on this board really don't seem to understand substance abuse. Just be glad you'll never know.

Fact is, fans were prejudice against Ozolinsh (and some of it is understandable in the wake of Fleury and Stevens) when he came here. I'm sure he was conscious of that and it impacted his game. It was very unfair to blame Ozo for the post-season failure (which was precipitated specifically by poor goaltending and lack of offense).

The more we bash this guy, the worse his play will be. We should at least learn from the Poti-fiasco and make the guy feel welcome in NY.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Keep cracking those cliche, lame one-liners, I'm sure it'll really motivate.

I'm not at all PC but people on this board really don't seem to understand substance abuse. Just be glad you'll never know.

Fact is, fans were prejudice against Ozolinsh (and some of it is understandable in the wake of Fleury and Stevens) when he came here. I'm sure he was conscious of that and it impacted his game. It was very unfair to blame Ozo for the post-season failure (which was precipitated specifically by poor goaltending and lack of offense).

The more we bash this guy, the worse his play will be. We should at least learn from the Poti-fiasco and make the guy feel welcome in NY.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
TheRedressor

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote