HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Adam Larsson for Jordan Eberle

Old
05-14-2013, 08:19 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I stopped reading right there. You should feel embarassed. Can you name me a single player who the Oilers "pissed on" to make room for a 19 year old? I'll wait patiently while you search.
That's the thing, the people running the show aren't concerned about landing veterans to help tutor the young gems on your team so it's only normal that their 1st overall picks are getting top line minutes since there no one else to bump them.

Justin Schultz is just another perfect example of that. He comes in as a rookie and he's already earning over 21 minutes a game.

Just saying

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
For the record, I don't believe Eberle has ever been healthy scratched. You guys are being pretty sensitive about the wording of this. Fact is, that if Larsson was as good as you are saying he is, he would not have been scratched at all. Its not horrid to suggest that for a first line winger, we want a guy who is more proven. Upside is great, the fact that he should be an all star someday is great, but we are trading an all star for potential. What if Larsson never develops into what he should? The risk is all ours here. Eberle for Larsson and a conditional 2nd round pick. I would suggest the conditional somehow linked to Larsson's minutes played, as points isn't a good gauge. Something like, if Larsson doesn't average 25+ minutes a game after two more seasons (making it his third season), then the Oil get a 2nd rounder the following year. It`s a bit different, but I think it should take the risks into consideration.
1--Subban was a healthy scratch last year. He is a Norris Finalist this year. There are many reasons that can cause a young, developing defenceman to be a healthy scratch that do not mean he is or will be a bust. Sometimes it is important to have a young defenceman sit and watch a couple of games from the box in order to go over some fine points with him later. It is called coaching.

2--Eberle for Larsson and a 2nd (2013) is quite fair. Eberle is a proven dynamic forward who can produce points at a high level. Larsson is a young and developing defenceman with a ton of potential. The 2nd is a fair addition to help balance out the difference that currently exists between Larsson and Eberle.

As a Habs and hockey fan, I have no horse in this race, but thought it was a fun read and decided to add my 2 cents.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:42 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
A bit of an exaggeration.

RNH has been more injury prone and his game has taken a bigger hit since his first shoulder injury that came as a result of not being NHL ready and being rushed into a 1st line center role as a 170 pound 18 year old.

That shoulder issue will last his whole career, I guarantee it.
I agree, kinda like how the same shoulder injury to Hall has derailed his career

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Larsson isn't proven, Eberle is. Simple as that.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:48 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
Larsson isn't proven, Eberle is. Simple as that.
Blueliners will require more time to achive their true upside, simple as that.

Eberle is proven, no question about it but to tag Larsson as a "meh" player cause he's not in contention for the Norris when only 20 years young is kind of ridiculous.

I would like to visit this very same thread in about 2 to 3 years. The level of facepalms would be of epic proportion IMO.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:26 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

What a mess this thread has turned into. This isn't going anywhere it doesn't make sense from either side for various reasons.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:33 AM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
What a mess this thread has turned into. This isn't going anywhere it doesn't make sense from either side for various reasons.
Agreed this thread is an ignorant mess, needless cheap shots attempting to devalue players all around.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I guarantee all these guys saying Larsson is not proven just look at his point total and make that judgement. because you know, points are the thing to judge DEFENSEman on.

he is already a top 4 DMan. at 20 years old/100 career games.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:03 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Even though I'm an Oiler fan, I don't think the argument of proven vs unproven is a good one. Lots of times, unproven players can have more value than proven ones.

I'd easily trade Eberle or Larsson for Connor McDavid.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:38 PM
AUAIOMRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I guarantee all these guys saying Larsson is not proven just look at his point total and make that judgement. because you know, points are the thing to judge DEFENSEman on.

And a top 4 DMan doesn't get you a 1st line RW.

Again, this trade is based on the assumption that Larsson continues to improve. Perhaps a likely scenario, but not a sure thing. (And hey, Eberle isn't necessarily at his peak either).

AUAIOMRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:39 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post

The fact that Oiler fans commenting about who is proven and who isn't is laughable. RNH is proven, Larsson is not.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote