HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we resign Zeus for 2013-14?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2013, 10:01 AM
  #76
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
you would play a rookie and AHL player over a proven NHL player that has had success? Only on HF
Yup, only on HF does AHL success automatically turn into NHL success.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:52 PM
  #77
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 33,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Yup, only on HF does AHL success automatically turn into NHL success.
Please point out where I said any of that.

I'll wait.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
  #78
LandofLincoln*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
......What? Sharp looked like a guy who was a defensively responsible third line center moving forward his first half season with Chicago.

Bobby Clarke came out and said Sharp was a center on a team buried behind Carter Richards and Forsberg - if memory serves.

Please continue to needlessly lambast me though.

Edit: and what games? I disagree with your assessment of Sharp as a prospect a long while ago.

Double Edit: You do realize Sharp played a great deal of games with Philly?
I can respect this answer as far as what you assessed Sharp's play to be on the Hawks when they got him his first half season.

It was fun lambasting you, but you gave a good answer so need to continue. I'll give you hard time next week over something less trivial.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #79
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
right because you remember watching Sharp play as a Phantom. Don't play *$@!ing games because you are the one that looks like a [email protected] ******.
This was certainly necessary.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:26 PM
  #80
LandofLincoln*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
This was certainly necessary.
Blue Liner yeah I was out of pocket just a smidge.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:07 PM
  #81
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Please point out where I said any of that.

I'll wait.
I wasn't pointing to you with that statement, more to the guy who says..."he led the AHL in scoring so he should definitely play over Bolland"

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:14 PM
  #82
Pez68
Registered User
 
Pez68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
I really wish I knew what people were seeing that think Handzus has anything to contribute at this point. His 42% in the circles against Minnesota? His lack of physicality? His inability to keep up with Sharp and Kane on the rush? He had a good few games when he first got traded, but I am seeing exactly why he was a healthy scratch in San Jose. He's got nothing left, and he's a terrible fit between Sharp and Kane.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:28 PM
  #83
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I wasn't pointing to you with that statement, more to the guy who says..."he led the AHL in scoring so he should definitely play over Bolland"
So you'd rather see the guy that's proven he CAN'T handle the role competently? Using your logic we would NEVER see up and coming prospects take prominent roles in the lineup. With you at the helm Saad would likely be playing in Siberia or something. He "proved" even less than Pirri did.

Look, I'm not saying Pirri will be an All-Star or even a good 2nd line center for that matter. What I am saying is that he's talented, proven everything he reasonbly can at the AHL level, and is a young up-and-coming prospect. If his time isn't know when is it? With Bolland we know he can't be a competent scorer. We know he can't stay healthy. It APPEARS his performance may be deteriorating due to his injuries. We know he costs 3.5 million a season. You really don't think Pirri is the more sensible option at this point? I've seen enough of Bolland, and I think so has everyone else.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:47 AM
  #84
ModryJazyk
Registered User
 
ModryJazyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
I really wish I knew what people were seeing that think Handzus has anything to contribute at this point. His 42% in the circles against Minnesota? His lack of physicality? His inability to keep up with Sharp and Kane on the rush? He had a good few games when he first got traded, but I am seeing exactly why he was a healthy scratch in San Jose. He's got nothing left, and he's a terrible fit between Sharp and Kane.
MIN was 3rd best FOs team in whole regular season, Koivu is one of top FO league career leaders.Not as good as Toews but still in top 10.So it's unfair to pick this small sample stats.
Speed is not all, Stalberg is probably fastest player in lineup but he may sit for game 1*.Sharp and Handzus' 2nd line was most productive line in 1st playoffs round with 13pts and +9.(Toews line was 7pts in ES and +4 while 5 of 7 of points they scored in one last game 5 against tired Suter/MIN).
Handzus started as 3-4th liner with few 2C games had 6 points in 11 regular season games and +7, while Bolland as all season 2C has 14 points in 35 games and leads Hawks with worst (and unbelievable) -7.
Btw. 1) that's a good reason why Bolland won't start as 2C tommorow.2) I don't think Zeus is our future 2C, this is only answer to quoted post.

*TM : Asked if Stalberg will play in Game 1, Q said, "we'll see."


Last edited by ModryJazyk: 05-14-2013 at 01:33 AM.
ModryJazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:22 AM
  #85
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,722
vCash: 50
Zeus had 2 bad games against the Wild, but overall he was good enough against them. His D was good.

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 07:00 AM
  #86
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
 
CS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CS85
You only re-sign Handzus if you've got a sickening problem at center, and that would denote Bolland being moved. You have LeBlanc, Pirri, Bolland, Shaw, Toews, Kruger, McNeil in the system, and (insert whatever free agent that might come along).

I don't foresee them bringing him back, age and ready-to-go youth being the primary factors.

CS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 08:48 AM
  #87
LandofLincoln*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
You only re-sign Handzus if you've got a sickening problem at center, and that would denote Bolland being moved. You have LeBlanc, Pirri, Bolland, Shaw, Toews, Kruger, McNeil in the system, and (insert whatever free agent that might come along).

I don't foresee them bringing him back, age and ready-to-go youth being the primary factors.
Solid answer hard to disagree with all of the youth. Danault may even be ahead of McNeill at this point so add another prospect to the list. I haven't looked at the UFA's, but chances are we can get one veteran for cheap that adds to the bottom six.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 08:51 AM
  #88
LandofLincoln*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
You only re-sign Handzus if you've got a sickening problem at center, and that would denote Bolland being moved. You have LeBlanc, Pirri, Bolland, Shaw, Toews, Kruger, McNeil in the system, and (insert whatever free agent that might come along).

I don't foresee them bringing him back, age and ready-to-go youth being the primary factors.
Give me the percentages of what you think the chances of Bolland being moved.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:11 AM
  #89
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
So you'd rather see the guy that's proven he CAN'T handle the role competently? Using your logic we would NEVER see up and coming prospects take prominent roles in the lineup. With you at the helm Saad would likely be playing in Siberia or something. He "proved" even less than Pirri did.

Look, I'm not saying Pirri will be an All-Star or even a good 2nd line center for that matter. What I am saying is that he's talented, proven everything he reasonbly can at the AHL level, and is a young up-and-coming prospect. If his time isn't know when is it? With Bolland we know he can't be a competent scorer. We know he can't stay healthy. It APPEARS his performance may be deteriorating due to his injuries. We know he costs 3.5 million a season. You really don't think Pirri is the more sensible option at this point? I've seen enough of Bolland, and I think so has everyone else.
I'd rather see a guy who has proven he can play in the NHL over the guy who has proven he can't handle it. Saad proved he had the all around game in his short stint last year. Pirri hasn't proven anything in his short stints except that he can score an odd goal and play lousy defense.

Pirri may have a better offensive game, but this team doesn't need offense. We need defensive minded players like Bolland. That's why I want to see Bolland in the lineup. And you don't try out young players over proven vets with Bollands playoff track record just to see, in the playoffs. that's a recipe for disaster.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:49 PM
  #90
Pez68
Registered User
 
Pez68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Last I checked, we're talking about next season in this thread?

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM
  #91
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 33,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd rather see a guy who has proven he can play in the NHL over the guy who has proven he can't handle it. Saad proved he had the all around game in his short stint last year. Pirri hasn't proven anything in his short stints except that he can score an odd goal and play lousy defense.

Pirri may have a better offensive game, but this team doesn't need offense. We need defensive minded players like Bolland. That's why I want to see Bolland in the lineup. And you don't try out young players over proven vets with Bollands playoff track record just to see, in the playoffs. that's a recipe for disaster.
Everything in this thread has to do with next season.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:24 PM
  #92
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Everything in this thread has to do with next season.
My bad, thought I read someone say to leave him out and put Pirri in (as in right now). Must of read it wrong.

But I still think LeBlanc will be the better player, and from what we have seen AT THE NHL LEVEL!! he is the better fit for the #2 C.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:48 PM
  #93
LandofLincoln*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
LeBlanc people talk about him like he has talent like that of a 1st round pick. I think he is more on par with a second round pick. Like Q always says "We'll See!" And we will see at Johnny's west prospect camp.

McNeill & Danault are going to give him competition in rookie camp. Watch. I'm not putting the Hobey Baker winner ahead of either one of those guys just yet.

Last time I checked 70Pts in the AHL held more credential over solid but not jaw dropping NCAA numbers. Pirri seems to be the guy moving forward.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
  #94
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
 
CS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CS85
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Give me the percentages of what you think the chances of Bolland being moved.
I dunno, 25%? It really depends on what the team knows/thinks about his constant injury problems, and if having a guy who's sole benefit to the roster is being a playoff antagonist when healthy? He's proved that the 3rd line is his ceiling, which really limits what the team would like to do with a guy they're paying that much to.

CS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:51 PM
  #95
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 33,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
My bad, thought I read someone say to leave him out and put Pirri in (as in right now). Must of read it wrong.

But I still think LeBlanc will be the better player, and from what we have seen AT THE NHL LEVEL!! he is the better fit for the #2 C.
We saw LeBlanc play in two throw away games. He looked good, but going by Ben Smiths NHL start he should be a lock in the top 9.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:37 PM
  #96
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
We saw LeBlanc play in two throw away games. He looked good, but going by Ben Smiths NHL start he should be a lock in the top 9.
Hey, at least he showed something...unlike Pirri.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:47 PM
  #97
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 33,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Except Pirri has, his lengthy 1 game tryout in a throw away game not withstanding.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:50 PM
  #98
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,469
vCash: 50
That 2nd line C job should be Pirri's to lose. That being said, it wouldn't be the first surprising end to a competition if Leblanc won.

Pirri has proven himself at every level within the organization. Leblanc has done nothing. Why should he be fast tracked? He had a decent game with the team, a lot of guys have. I'd like to see him play in a pro league for at least a season and show something.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
  #99
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Except Pirri has, his lengthy 1 game tryout in a throw away game not withstanding.
Not in my eyes, 2A, lack of defense, and nothing else to offer.

From what I saw, LeBlanc has just as good of vision, can skate just as well as Pirri, but provides average defense and will do whatever it takes to win. I just haven't seen that from Pirri in the bigs.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:32 PM
  #100
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,722
vCash: 50
I know the point your are trying to make, but you can't compare LeBlanc to Smith... a hobey baker winner that made the US Team as NCAA player. I really think that he is for real and will find a role on our roster.

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.