HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospects Stats/Info/Articles (PLAYOFF STATS)

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Good to see Cliche and Russell off to hot starts, I think both are underrated prospects. I wish Hillier would pull out of his funk, but plenty of games to go.

Sometime in the very near future (next year), there has to be a "now or never" decision made about Jan Marek. I have a feeling he's going to be similar to Zidlicky when it comes to contract demands. What is he like 27 now?

Old
09-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
Good to see Cliche and Russell off to hot starts, I think both are underrated prospects. I wish Hillier would pull out of his funk, but plenty of games to go.

Sometime in the very near future (next year), there has to be a "now or never" decision made about Jan Marek. I have a feeling he's going to be similar to Zidlicky when it comes to contract demands. What is he like 27 now?
Good riddance Jan, we have enough little waterbugs, getting crowded actually.

Old
09-28-2006, 04:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

i say we trade him so we can get something even if it is a mid range prospect or draft pick. Lets not make the mistake and let him walk and have him sign with the Pens or something like that.

Old
09-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
i say we trade him so we can get something even if it is a mid range prospect or draft pick. Lets not make the mistake and let him walk and have him sign with the Pens or something like that.
If its that simple it'll be done, but if the guy doesn't want to come over except at a certain price who's gonna trade anything for him?

Sometimes you just have to eat it, like Joey Crabb......mmmmm...Crab.......<drool>....

Old
09-28-2006, 08:41 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Cliche might be on his way to the same kind of development we saw out of Dubinsky last year. He's got 2nd line RW written all over him.
Of course I don't have the benefit of seeing these guys in juniors, but based on what I've read (from the moment he was drafted) I have had a similar feeling about Marc.

Old
09-28-2006, 10:30 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
If its that simple it'll be done, but if the guy doesn't want to come over except at a certain price who's gonna trade anything for him?

Sometimes you just have to eat it, like Joey Crabb......mmmmm...Crab.......<drool>....
the thrashers dealt tommi santala who was playing in europe to the canucks for a draft pick, and the canucks signed him, maybe we can give a team permission to get a contract ready to sign so we can at least get something back.

Old
09-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
the thrashers dealt tommi santala who was playing in europe to the canucks for a draft pick, and the canucks signed him, maybe we can give a team permission to get a contract ready to sign so we can at least get something back.
Going to be real hard to deal him. Nobody wants to give up anything for an unproven winger that will most likely demand a 1 way contract. Especially one as old as Marek. My thinking is that he'll either play for us, be waiver fodder, or stay put.

Old
09-29-2006, 08:21 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Good article talking about Hillier's struggles early in the season.

http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=8451&sc=3

Old
09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
Good article talking about Hillier's struggles early in the season.

http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=8451&sc=3
Thanks, the article makes it sound like he's just snakebitten a tad, I hope that's all it is.

Old
09-29-2006, 07:47 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Sanguinetti had one of those huge games again tonight, he had 2 goals, 2 assists in a 6-5 loss. 5 goals, 4 assists in only 4 games. 3rd in goals in the entire OHL. 1st in points, goals, and tied in 1st with assists among defenseman. Keep it up Bobby!

He only had 14 goals all of last season in 68 games.
He has already more then 1/3 of that with his 5 goals in only 4 games.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 09-29-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old
09-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Levitate

how's his defense though?

Old
09-29-2006, 10:12 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
how's his defense though?

People said it wasnt that bad last year..and like 90% of his points have all come on the PP this year so far so its not likes hes just jumping up on the play every rush ES to get those points.

Old
09-30-2006, 10:33 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Friday/Saturday Update

Star of the night goes to....drumroll please........Tom Pyatt(a cheer from Big E can be heard in the distance ) after a slow start in which he only recorded 1 assist in the first 4 games, he quickly put a end to that tonight where he scored 2 goals and assisted on 2 others in a 5-3 win. He scored his goals back to back, first a PP goal, then less then 5 minutes later, a SH goal. He was named 1st star of the game.

Sanguinetti continues to dominate on the power play, tonight he scored another PP Goal, giving him 6 goals on the season already(4 PP goals). Only one player in the ENTIRE OHL (forward and defenseman) has more goals then that early on in the season. Hes also 4th in points in the entire OHL and 1st among defenseman. He was named 2nd star of the night.

David Kveton has recorded 3 assists in his last 2 games giving him 5 assists in 4 games on the season. Still has not recorded a goal. The past to games he has been playing wing instead of center, most likely due to his horrible face off record.

Brodie Dupont scored another goal tonight in a 6-3 win. He has 3 goals in 5 games so far.

Ryan Russell received a 5 minute major and a game misconduct yesterday for charging in a very chippy game.

Ill update the first post tomorrow with the updated stat totals...

Old
10-01-2006, 05:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Michael Sauer is laying out opposing players.Last night,Sauer delivered a booming open ice hit on a Kelowna Rocket player.They interviewed him after the game and he said he was glad to get the contract out of the way so he can concentrate on just playing

Old
10-01-2006, 07:47 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Sanguinetti continues to dominate on the power play, tonight he scored another PP Goal, giving him 6 goals on the season already(4 PP goals). Only one player in the ENTIRE OHL (forward and defenseman) has more goals then that early on in the season. Hes also 4th in points in the entire OHL and 1st among defenseman. He was named 2nd star of the night.
I wasn't too happy at first when the Rangers took Bobby S., (I'm sure everyone remembers me jonesin' for Patrik Berglund),but, we may just have the steal of the 2006 draft in this kid.

Old
10-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I wasn't too happy at first when the Rangers took Bobby S., (I'm sure everyone remembers me jonesin' for Patrik Berglund),but, we may just have the steal of the 2006 draft in this kid.
So might Berglund be... I saw him in a game a couple of days ago, and for someone 6'3.5 I thought his skating where amazing. He have improved allot from last season. I am abit uncerain about the competition in the game I saw him in, the WJC will be a big test for Patrick. Though I saw some other posters who have compared him to Malkin after that game. I am gooing to wait a (long) while before I put him in that cathegory, but he do have potential to become great.

BTW, speaking of the WJC what candidates do we have?

Anisimov
Zabrovsky
Kveton
Sauer
Staal
Pyatt
Cliche

Anyone else?

Old
10-01-2006, 11:53 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
So might Berglund be... I saw him in a game a couple of days ago, and for someone 6'3.5 I thought his skating where amazing. He have improved allot from last season. I am abit uncerain about the competition in the game I saw him in, the WJC will be a big test for Patrick. Though I saw some other posters who have compared him to Malkin after that game. I am gooing to wait a (long) while before I put him in that cathegory, but he do have potential to become great.

BTW, speaking of the WJC what candidates do we have?

Anisimov
Zabrovsky
Kveton
Sauer
Staal
Pyatt
Cliche

Anyone else?

Sanguinetti...but god forbid the US will actually pick CHL players

Last edited by FLYLine24: 10-01-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old
10-01-2006, 01:12 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Marc Staal is back in his Junior teams lineup today.

Edit - Staal's team lost 5-4. Marc had a tough first period , he was a -2 and he was in the box for a GA.

He ended up just a -1 though.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 10-01-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old
10-01-2006, 05:25 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

2 Pack preseason games were played in the past few nights.

Thursday Pack won 4-1, Montoya with the win. Goals by Degon, Lampman, Potter, and Richer...all defenseman.

Friday night Pack won 5-3, Holt with the win. Goals by Falardeau(2x), Moore, Jessiman, and Lee.

A bunch of players were also cut from the Pack camp, these are the remaining players:

Goal: Chris Holt, Al Montoya
Defense: Marvin Degon, Martin Richter, Jake Taylor, Bryce Lampman, Dale Purinton , Ryan Constant, Daniel Girardi, David Liffiton and Corey Potter
Forwards: Greg Moore, Rick Kozak, Dwight Helminen, Lauri Korpikoski, Hugh Jessiman, Craig Weller, Bruce Graham, Lee Falardeau, Zdenek Bahensky, Jakub Petruzalek, Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky, Dane Byers, Mark Lee, Mike Hoffman and Francis Lessard

Last edited by FLYLine24: 10-01-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old
10-02-2006, 05:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
"Some players won jobs and some players lost jobs throughout the camp," Pack general manager and coach Jim Schoenfeld said after a 5-3 victory over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the Champions Skating Center. "If you had talked to me two months ago, I might have envisioned it differently with a couple of guys, but that's what camp is for"
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Old
10-02-2006, 09:14 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Friday night Pack won 5-3, Holt with the win. Goals by Falardeau(2x), Moore, Jessiman, and Lee.

hmmm....a good game for our "big" players in the AHL.

Old
10-02-2006, 11:14 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Ryan Hillier finally seems to be finding his game again. He has 3 goals and a assist in his last 2 games, after only having 1 assist in 5 previous games.

Old
10-02-2006, 12:56 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
According to that article, Falardeau scored twice AGAIN. Any word on the other stats for the game?

Old
10-02-2006, 12:58 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
2 Pack preseason games were played in the past few nights.

Thursday Pack won 4-1, Montoya with the win. Goals by Degon, Lampman, Potter, and Richer...all defenseman.

A bunch of players were also cut from the Pack camp, these are the remaining players:

Goal: Chris Holt, Al Montoya
Defense: Marvin Degon, Martin Richter, Jake Taylor, Bryce Lampman, Dale Purinton , Ryan Constant, Daniel Girardi, David Liffiton and Corey Potter
Forwards: Greg Moore, Rick Kozak, Dwight Helminen, Lauri Korpikoski, Hugh Jessiman, Craig Weller, Bruce Graham, Lee Falardeau, Zdenek Bahensky, Jakub Petruzalek, Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky, Dane Byers, Mark Lee, Mike Hoffman and Francis Lessard
who is mark lee???

Old
10-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Ryan Hillier finally seems to be finding his game again. He has 3 goals and a assist in his last 2 games, after only having 1 assist in 5 previous games.
Good job Ryan!

Any idea what kind of ice time Anisimov is getting for Lokomotiv?

Closed Thread