Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 07:44 PM
DOGSTARMAN

vCash: 500
I'd offer him a 1 year deal at $3.5M max. While he obviously still has skills we are seeing proof of exactly how well those can be translated into tangible results. How much do you want to pay for what he has delivered so far? I like him but it has to be a fair deal for the team. Chances are he gets more elsewhere.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Trap Jesus

Can't believe some people can't see how bad he is. He's a guy that will hijack any line he plays on, and will turn it over more than anyone, giving you absolutely no defensive game.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Wounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Can't believe some people can't see how bad he is. He's a guy that will hijack any line he plays on, and will turn it over more than anyone, giving you absolutely no defensive game.
omg

Old
05-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Hemsky001

Quote:
Oh please just...... shut up!

Old
05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Le Messie

Alex Kovalev was saying the same thing last summer.
Look where he is now.

Old
05-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Messie View Post
Alex Kovalev was saying the same thing last summer.
Look where he is now.
But Jagr is not Kovalev, is he

Old
05-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Over the volcano

Quote:
I hear you. Totally selfish with the puck and disinterested in what the rest of the team is doing, unless its getting him the puck.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Kate08

He really hasn't done much for me. He hasn't been bad necessarily...I know it's cliche, but he just doesn't seem like a Bruin.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
I hear you. Totally selfish with the puck and disinterested in what the rest of the team is doing, unless its getting him the puck.
thats why he got only assists in play offs run so far

Old
05-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
He really hasn't done much for me. He hasn't been bad necessarily...I know it's cliche, but he just doesn't seem like a Bruin.

on lane with Kelly and Peverly?
what did Seguin do with them ?

Old
05-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Over the volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
thats why he got only assists in play offs run so far
No, his shot is the reason he only has assists so far.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Kate08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
on lane with Kelly and Peverly?
what did Seguin do with them ?
I was going to add that I'm sure part of it is a function of who he has been playing with...but I didn't because I honestly don't care.

He just seems out of place. It's weird, I can't quantify it or describe it.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Not a huge Jagr fan. He goes left then right then left then right then loses puck.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

You have captured how I feel about Jagr.

The Bruins made a play for him because they lost out on Iginla and felt desperate for offense. The classic rental.

He hasn't delivered thus far and looks like a square peg in a round hole on this team. Recchi was a rental who really fit the team and helped take their style to a higher level. Jagr does not.

Unless something dramatic happens in the rest of the playoffs I'll be very surprised if they bring him back.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:11 PM
missingchicklet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
You have captured how I feel about Jagr.

The Bruins made a play for him because they lost out on Iginla and felt desperate for offense. The classic rental.

He hasn't delivered thus far and looks like a square peg in a round hole on this team. Recchi was a rental who really fit the team and helped take their style to a higher level. Jagr does not.

Unless something dramatic happens in the rest of the playoffs I'll be very surprised if they bring him back.
I agree. When he first came I thought he would be used with more skilled players, but the way he has been used leads me to believe that he won't be coming back. Jagr still has something to offer a team that wants to use his skill set in the right setting. I like him and want to see him contribute to the Bs in a bad way, but beyond this playoffs it's hard to see the Bs wanting to bring him back, and in all honesty I doubt he wants to come back to this team given how he's been used. That being said, if Chia wants to re-sign him then I'm cool with that too since Jagr is fun to watch.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
panny2727

not to be a negative nelly myself but he did seem hurt in ot and for some reason JJ was not part of the post game celebration on ice at all or handshake.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Waaaaalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
not to be a negative nelly myself but he did seem hurt in ot and for some reason JJ was not part of the post game celebration on ice at all or handshake.
Yeah, I noticed this too. I was looking for him to see his reaction but didn't see him anywhere.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:51 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
not sure if you just happened to read this but i just posted this in the injury thread

Jagr blocked a shot late in OT. The shot hit his foot/skate and he almost immediately skated to the bench in pain, but saw that he was needed on defense and tried playing it out . I was surprised the announcers missed it actually, he looked kind of hurt off the block shot. He didn't miss his next shift and looked fine, but his next shift he was out and seguin scored the goal. I didn't see him on the ice during the hand shake so i'm hoping he isn't injured.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:53 PM
BNHL

Quote:
Heard his skate broke.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:02 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Heard his skate broke.
yeah he looked really weird on his next shift and if any of you have ever tried to play with a cracked skate blade meaning two pieces it'll make you do some funny things and look hurt. in watching the replay of the game tonight, i do recall him looking down at the bottom of his skate on the ice as he is coming off and then staying on. a split blade feels like your skating with a piece of tape under your skate. it makes you lose your edge real easy and it would take a trainer atleast ten minutes to fix that skate hoping the holes are predrilled in the boot so he can get it done fast. bad time for that to happen. most of these guys have back up skates but that would take him atleast 2-3 minutes to get one on and with a 3 line rotation its easy to miss one shift under those restraints. backup skate might need a sharpening as well. new skate blade would take a tremendous amount of sharpening or rocking to get it to feel anything like the one you just had on. you could put a used blade on the skate because its already warn in and been sharpened alot. i'm sure the equipment manager is well rehearsed in doing this kinda repair

i've also had alot of rivets pop out at once from rust. he would not have been able to go out there another shift with that

Last edited by panny2727: 05-14-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old
05-14-2013, 09:48 PM
newlyclassic

I'd rather spend the money on Dupuis or Ryder.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:23 PM
tom nuetten

the biggest reason they brought him to boston was his ability on the pp...

but he did nothing. yeah he plays with the wrong linemates but there is no better place for him on the team

he is to slow and bad on defense to play big minutes on the first and second line... he looks slow (not only with his skates but also decision making) and doesnīt fit into the system...

he has good teammates on the pp unit but didnīt impress me at all! he had some bad decisions (like the other guyīs on the pp) and didnīt help a bit

there is absolutely no way (and need) to resign him (he will take the best offer and it wonīt be the bruins either)

Old
05-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Over the volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom nuetten View Post

but he did nothing. yeah he plays with the wrong linemates but there is no better place for him on the team

he is to slow and bad on defense to play big minutes on the first and second line... he looks slow (not only with his skates but also decision making) and doesnīt fit into the system...

he has good teammates on the pp unit but didnīt impress me at all! he had some bad decisions (like the other guyīs on the pp) and didnīt help a bit

there is absolutely no way (and need) to resign him (he will take the best offer and it wonīt be the bruins either)
You talking Jagr or Kaberle?

Old
05-15-2013, 02:54 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom nuetten View Post

he has done alot for the pp and 6 on 5 situations. he catches every pass and doesn't fumble the puck like seguin. without him we may have not had a guy on the ice that would of went patiently to the spot to first give bergy the puck.

Last edited by panny2727: 05-15-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old
05-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlyclassic View Post
I'd rather spend the money on Dupuis or Ryder.
What money? We are tight against the cap.

Jags does just as much if not more than Ryder, and has improved our PP to be at least serviceable. Before we had him we could barely keep it in the zone. If we could get him and Hamilton going on the PP I am convinced that wouldn't be an issue anymore.

He has factored in on 4 goals, and he was recovering from the flu the first few games.

I think hes been pretty good. He is what Peverly was supposed to be. A guy that plays on the 3rd line, but can slot up a line or two if need be.

His work ethic is amazing, and hes helping out with the younger guys. Jagr has made a fan of me. Love the work ethic.

Closed Thread