HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 QMJHL draft as of Feb 2013

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Scarecrow Boat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Noel 1st anyone ?
I think I'm the only one still hoping for that, aren't I?

Old
05-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
Frankie you can insult me all you want saying i do not know what i am talking about, you do not know me and what i do, whether someone is a scout or GM or player or what ever does not mean they do not know hockey...actually the scouting is my job, not all scouts get paid just 1000 or 2000 a year, some on the team get paid paid eh, i also do work for many sites, magazines including Hockey News, I have been working with news papers across canada for scouting purposes, i have and am in talks about moving up to the NHL....and not all people get a job by knowing someone, some of us had to fight scratch and claw our way to where we get and we are proud of it....you can go on like a ranting idiot who acts like he knows all but then in the same sentence is asking questions and does not understand a thing we all know it is just for the fight on here you look for because one thing you are not on here is rational.....you put down the agent business saying their business plan would not fly in front of dragons den, well that is nice but just because it might not be for kevin or anything on the show does not mean the people doing that business are not having success, it is not a business for everyone but that is the business plan for agents like it or not, you must have questions about the stock market then with investing money in hopes you have a gain BUT there is a chance of a big loss too it is the same thing have to invest in a kid for the big return if you can not understand that then we are not sure how else to explain it, not like agents go after any kid they are all going after the top guys in the league .....if you have so many friends in the business of hockey why do you not ask them these questions rather than come on a post board and go on like someone angry on here and ruin a good post.
actually nobody insulted you, you're the one who is doing the insulting. just because someone doesn't work directly in the industry (and for all you know, maybe I do, maybe everyone posting here does), doesn't mean they can't have a valid opinion and ask valid questions. you've called me an idiot and have said I don't know what i'm talking about, simply because I have a different opinion than you.

i'm not pretending I know it all. again, I think you're the one doing that. just because you have a small scouting gig for a team in the q, doesn't mean you know everything and you opinion is more valid than anyone else's. in fact, i'd say your opinion is tainted because you have a personal interest in portraying things a certain way. you can't possibly admit that the draft is a farce.

i'm not acting like I know it all, and i'm not afraid to ask questions. and I don't think i'm the one that's angry here. clearly I've struck a nerve with you by calling into question the validity of your scouting gig and everything you guys do with 15 year old kids.

Quote:
you also make things with the getting a player saying he is going NCAA sound so easy, which is easy to do when you know nothing about the actual machanics of everything....not sure how you think it is easy to draft a guy high saying he is going NCAA and if he does not come then just trade him for a good return, everyone wishes it was that easy, not always easy to just move a player some teams would not want to touch him, you have to find the right buyer then if the player says to those teams he is going NCAA unless quebec gets him then you have to try to work something out with quebec with them knowing they are the only team and you get low balled or he decided im just going NCAA, you do not always get a return, but you being super GM in the making would know that i guess, your able to pull off deals great GMs can not because you have friends lol and also anger i guess....sorry your son never got drafted nor had good advice because sounds like you failed to get him an advisor LOL.....ill stick to doing my job with the team and proving my worth by building a champion team rather than pretend i know the business and sit in a chair and put down people and the way things are run LOL.
i'd say its pretty easy to make a good deal for such a star player who doesn't want to play for a particular team. but typical hockey logic, making things sound far more complicated than they actually are.

again, i'm not the angry one in this conversation. you have a vested personal interest and clearly you're mad about the whole charade being exposed. its a gig you enjoy, so your anger is understandable.

I have no personal interest, no kids who play hockey, and don't personally know any kids that age who play hockey. just simply an interested hockey observer with many questions and doubts about the way this league and everyone involved in it operate their business.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:41 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Who do you think the top 10 picks will be and to what teams.?

Old
05-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Who do you think the top 10 picks will be and to what teams.?
I'm at that point in the year where I'm beyond sick of speculation and just want the draft to happen

I'd like to see it go something like this (the draft order based off memory but I could be remembering horribly wrong lmao):
1. Cape Breton - Nathan Noel
2. Shawinigan - Nicolas Roy
3. Saint John - Jeremy Roy
4. Sherbrooke - Daniel Sprong
5. Acadie-Bathurst - Anthony Beauvillier
6. Gatineau - Jason Bell
7. Gatineau (Chicoutimi) - Julien Gauthier
8. Acadie-Bathurst (Victoriaville) - Luc Deschenes
9. Val-d'Or - David Henley
10. Drummondville - Alex Alain

It's just a ******** guess so people can rip it apart all day, we can all guess blindly and most of us will be wrong, this is just how I'd like it to go down lol

Old
05-14-2013, 08:06 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
I'm at that point in the year where I'm beyond sick of speculation and just want the draft to happen

I'd like to see it go something like this (the draft order based off memory but I could be remembering horribly wrong lmao):
6. Gatineau - Jason Bell

It's just a ******** guess so people can rip it apart all day, we can all guess blindly and most of us will be wrong, this is just how I'd like it to go down lol
I seen a post with team picks by round can't seem to find it , how many picks does Gatineau have in the first 5 rounds?

Old
05-14-2013, 08:13 AM
ford

http://t.co/NTxNNZaCpc

Old
05-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:

6. Gatineau - Jason Bell

Nice list. I think Noel is going to CB too.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford View Post
Well done. Thanks

Old
05-14-2013, 08:27 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
actually nobody insulted you, you're the one who is doing the insulting. just because someone doesn't work directly in the industry (and for all you know, maybe I do, maybe everyone posting here does), doesn't mean they can't have a valid opinion and ask valid questions. you've called me an idiot and have said I don't know what i'm talking about, simply because I have a different opinion than you.

i'm not pretending I know it all. again, I think you're the one doing that. just because you have a small scouting gig for a team in the q, doesn't mean you know everything and you opinion is more valid than anyone else's. in fact, i'd say your opinion is tainted because you have a personal interest in portraying things a certain way. you can't possibly admit that the draft is a farce.

i'm not acting like I know it all, and i'm not afraid to ask questions. and I don't think i'm the one that's angry here. clearly I've struck a nerve with you by calling into question the validity of your scouting gig and everything you guys do with 15 year old kids.

i'd say its pretty easy to make a good deal for such a star player who doesn't want to play for a particular team. but typical hockey logic, making things sound far more complicated than they actually are.

again, i'm not the angry one in this conversation. you have a vested personal interest and clearly you're mad about the whole charade being exposed. its a gig you enjoy, so your anger is understandable.

I have no personal interest, no kids who play hockey, and don't personally know any kids that age who play hockey. just simply an interested hockey observer with many questions and doubts about the way this league and everyone involved in it operate their business.
Actually Frankie, I agree with you on many of your points. Hockey is completely an old boys network. I go to the rinks in NB watching Midget Major and I have very different opinions of players than some that are posted here. There is a ton of promoting going on and you have outlined it very well in terms of advisors to scouts to GM's. I know a couple of Q scouts who aren't qaulified to coach an Atom team, and then I know a couple more that seem to be very good at accessing talent.

You suggest that the draft is a farce, and that there is so much collusion going on that its not a real draft. You could well be correct, but how else would they do it? If it was just open for kids parents or advisors to work things out with teams it would kill the teams with the small budgets completely.

I value everyone's opinion, please don't stop giving yours, and scoutman1 don't stop giving yours either.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
Nice list. I think Noel is going to CB too.
I hope we're right lol

Old
05-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Scarecrow Boat

I didn't weigh in on the Frankie comments but if he was directing them at the CHL Import draft I would 100% agree with everything he said lol

I do think it's horse sack that guys can somewhat rig the Q draft to play for the team of their choice, but it doesn't happen enough for me to rip the entire draft.

I still stand by my comment of, if I was Acadie-Bathurst, I would have called MacKinnon's bluff and he would have shown up to camp no doubt. I know some people say "why would you want him if he doesn't want to be there" but a lot of kids don't know what they want. Maybe if he was forced to come to camp he would have enjoyed it and played there for 2 years before the NHL draft. He wouldn't be the first guy going somewhere he wasn't excited about then absolutely loving it

Old
05-14-2013, 08:36 AM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:

6. Gatineau - Jason Bell

i dunno, seems a pretty solid list right there.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:37 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I know Marc Andre Dumont, but there's no way he'll tell me what he's doing with that pick.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
QScout

Here is my top 10 guess. Don't know why you guys have Drummondville picking 10th but the pick belongs to Val d'Or, as part of the Neil trade to Sherbrooke last year.

Cape Breton - Jeremy Roy
Shawinigan (pick could very well be trade with Val d'Or) - Nicolas Roy
Saint-John - Nathan Noel
Sherbrooke - Anthony Beauvillier
Acadie-Bathurst - Jason Bell
Gatineau - Nicolas Meloche
Chicoutimi - Julien Gauthier
Acadie-Bathurst - Daniel Sprong
Val d'Or - David Henley
Val d'Or (could be Shawinigan) - Alexandre Alain / Guillaume Brisebois

I can see a trade involving Val d'Or with Richard + 10th overall pick going to Shawinigan for their second overall pick and their 36th overall. Val d'Or would be more than happy to get Roy and Henley who both played for Amos, while Shawinigan would get Richard who lives in Trois-Rivieres as well as a great player with the 10th pick.

If Val-d'Or does not trade with Shawinigan, they will pick Alain after Henley. Otherwise, if the 10th pick goes to Shawinigan, it will be Brisebois.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:41 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:

6. Gatineau - Jason Bell

Nice list ,I think Deschene may end up in St John, what about some trades before the draft.?I can't see either one of the Roy boys in Atlantic Canada.

JMO

Old
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
NEhockeycoach

Based on what Ive heard from people above the US border.

Nicholas Roy will go number 1.

The next few picks could go a number of different ways. All of the players have already been mentioned (Noel, J. Roy, Gauthier, etc.)

Old
05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Actually Frankie, I agree with you on many of your points. Hockey is completely an old boys network. I go to the rinks in NB watching Midget Major and I have very different opinions of players than some that are posted here. There is a ton of promoting going on and you have outlined it very well in terms of advisors to scouts to GM's. I know a couple of Q scouts who aren't qaulified to coach an Atom team, and then I know a couple more that seem to be very good at accessing talent.
its definitely an old boys network, and all the boys (the league, teams, scouts, agents) are in it together. its a game of "you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours".

I know a few scouts, in the different provinces. some have done some coaching, some haven't. but it really doesn't matter. any good hockey fan can watch a game among 15 year olds and see who the best players are. they'll try to say its more complicated than that, but it truly isn't.

the guys I know who do this scouting thing all have one thing in common...passion. they obviously have a passion for the game and love being a small part of a qmjhl team. they surely don't do it for the money, they do it because they enjoy it.

Quote:
You suggest that the draft is a farce, and that there is so much collusion going on that its not a real draft. You could well be correct, but how else would they do it? If it was just open for kids parents or advisors to work things out with teams it would kill the teams with the small budgets completely.
that's the down side to not having a draft and simply having teams recruit and sign these kids. the small market teams would suffer no doubt. but would it be the end of the world? ncaa teams don't draft players. European soccer teams don't draft players.

the other way to stop the collusion, and stop this farce that is the qmjhl draft, is to simply not be part of the nonsense. just don't collude. as I've said, an owner should direct his gm and head scout to draft whomever they think is the best choice. don't allow the kids, parents, and agents to play the infamous ncaa card. ignore what they're saying and draft the kid, if he's the one you feel is the best choice.

nobody answered my question earlier, but i'll ask it again....how many examples are there of a player who said he was going ncaa, got drafted early in the qmjhl draft, and actually went ncaa? how many times has a qmjhl team wasted a pick like this?

i'm thinking far more often that kid ends up playing in the q.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Cedream

Quote:

6. Gatineau - Jason Bell

Nice list! Like that you put Sprong in front of Beauvillier. I think hes better too. I would have done it that way still:

1. Cape Breton - Nicolas Roy
2. Shawinigan - Jeremy Roy
3. Saint John - Nathan Noel
6. Gatineau - Jason Bell
7. Gatineau (Chicoutimi) - Nicolas Meloche
10. Drummondville - Julien Gauthier

Old
05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I have no idea what to expect with the Roy kids.

I just want the draft to happen already, damn this Memorial Cup thing lol

Old
05-15-2013, 01:02 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

I made this excel document with the complete draft order and team by team pick. could be some mistake here and there but this should give you a good idea

http://t.co/k5s7qbPP1g

Old
05-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Noticed Sam Walsh isn't on the CSR list again...

Canada sent him to the Youth Olympics and he;s 100% guaranteed to not be drafted into the QMJHL. Might wanna revise their selection methods

Old
05-16-2013, 08:41 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
A reminder of the site rules:

Quote:
15) Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.
I don't know why it's so hard to keep a thread about the QMJHL draft on-topic, but I and the other mods have spent way too much time cleaning this one up. Next poster to step even a foot out of bounds (flaming, off-topic posts, violation of the rule above, or anything else against the site rules) will be removed from the thread for good, so consider this your final warning.

Closed Thread