Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2006, 05:18 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
There was nobody fighting for an ice spot last night...That was pretty much the team.....after the first six, Primeau, Ax, Mowers, Donovon are pretty much on the team.....Tenkrat did not look bad, and if Kalus was fighting he would have played him more............So you're PRE season theory means zilch. I base what I said on watching him coach as a Winger...He was questionable in a great atmosphere...I guess you know he is guaranteed to win cause you know what Bergie and company can do...Yea...we saw what they could do...It was the rest of the guys who needed motivation last night it was not there last night It was a coach getting outcoached and outsystem-ed while having superior talent. Did you even see the game ? They had no sustained attacks, the passing was pretty poor, the hitting was retalitory at best, and they made the same mistakes in the third as they did in the first.....I wont have to repeat the post...I bet many others will be by January.
You make me laugh

I am not saying Lewis definitely won't fail...but how the heck can u tell from one preseason game or from his coaching an entirely different team several years ago, b4 the new rules?

Easy to jump on the Laviolette bandwagon now...after he's won a CUP.

Old
09-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Funny, Cause I did not love the hire, but did'nt hate it either. Till last night.....I saw at least 50 Wing games that he coached and most of his playoff games.......And there were times I remember scratching my head at the way he coached. His style so to speak....He seems to never want to go for the throat. FINISH. He is passive, and looks lost to me at times. I remember saying this guy looks completely lost.....And last night after a penalty they showed him....And there it was.....That LOST look. The blank stare.......He had one hell of a hip check but I think he is in over his head. I know its way to early for this type of post...I get that....But not when I saw what I saw last night. It was deja vous to the Duck playoff series for me...I am willing to not bring it up again but I tell ya....IMO, which I am entitled to....This guy loses his shine quickly and it gets stormy in the room. Thats my take.
Was the score actually 10-0 New York Last night. My ticker says 1-0. Must be some kind of mistake.

Old
09-28-2006, 05:23 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
When will you start the "No need to panic people, just give him 20 games please" like last season with Zhamnov. I think he was really starting to turn the corner when he was injured.
re: zhamnov, as rick rossovich said in top gun, "crashed and burned, hey mav?"

Old
09-28-2006, 05:42 PM
PolishBingo
King Pierogie IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPICOLI View Post
Attachment 18228

Attachment 18229

The similarity is striking.
Where is the Oliver Hardy pic? He has a 'stash like that too.

Old
09-28-2006, 05:51 PM
mattyports

Send a message via AIM to mattyports
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I probably need to care more and take preseason losses a bit more personally, I'm sure I'm as big a Red Sox fan as you are Bruins but I feel kinda guilty now after going last night and having a great time- awesome weather, great company, a couple of beers, super atmosphere, watching Baldelli, Crawford, Ortiz, checking out the youngsters like Murphy, Pedroia, Delmon Young, BJ Upton.....I realize I just don't get it- I should hate Francona and be PISSED
Wow, now THAT'S a post...

Old
09-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Westfield Eagle*

Send a message via AIM to Westfield Eagle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SToMper! View Post
What if Lewis had Jumbo Joe to add to this line-up?
Who cares?

Old
09-28-2006, 06:07 PM
PolishBingo
King Pierogie IV

I'm not able to see the preseason games however, I don't think anyone can really tell if Lewis will be a sucess here in Boston or not. He had the benefit of inheriting a Stanley Cup winner. In turn he was let go when the team failed in the playoffs. So honestly I don't know if the guy got a fair deal or not. IMO he is still a bit of a mystery.

Logically, it makes sense not to play your starters much in the preseason. But just because the games don't count in the standings doesn't mean they don't mean anything. The NFL does this and look at how sloppy the play has been in the first 3weeks. Getting the team to click in preseason is a challege but necessary. The late Roger Neilson believed that getting off to a good start was was vital to making the playoffs. Winning early is much easier than winning late in the season.

Take it for what it's worth.

Old
09-28-2006, 06:26 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SToMper! View Post
What if Lewis had Jumbo Joe to add to this line-up?
I sense a man-crush...

Old
09-28-2006, 06:34 PM
MaCam

Quote:
I think we did many many very good things this off season. I think the only mistake was hiring this guy. I dont know if I just hate him so deeply for the Kluzak pre season hit 20 whatever years ago.......or something else.

I watched the Rags/Bruins last night and I just did not like what I saw.....I could be wrong but it seems to me the third and fourth lines played as much as the first two lines......STURM needs to be with Bergy and Boyes...Kessel looks Good...But I dont know about his strength....Savard looked LOST....

We are a young team, I dont think Dave Lewis has one bit of creativity, He seems an old school, guy with a boring system. Please help me out here....Am I wrong on Lewis and it is just that I hate him for the Kluzak hit...Or Am I sensing correctly and is his system is boring, slow, and not very good. I also think Chara looked poor on the PP and maybe should go to the net or off the ice. Bergie and Stuart can man the points....I'm pissed that I watched them get shutout last night. PISSED.
Wait isn't this preseason or did I miss something?

Old
09-28-2006, 08:59 PM
SPICOLI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahandDylansDad View Post
Where is the Oliver Hardy pic? He has a 'stash like that too.
images.jpg

Old
09-29-2006, 05:54 AM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
Nugs, have you relocated to Vermont by any chance?

When will you start the "No need to panic people, just give him 20 games please" like last season with Zhamnov. I think he was really starting to turn the corner when he was injured.

My money on the first panic thread of the regular season is "Send Andrew Alberts to Providence."
Hey! This would "seem" to be directed at me.

As negative as I can sometimes be, I'm willing to give Lewis a chance before slamming him. I'm even willing to blame the Wings traditional softness on the GM and not Lewis.

Time will tell, but I'm going to give Lewis at least two or three regular season games before ripping him.

Old
09-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Ludwig Fell Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Time will tell, but I'm going to give Lewis at least two or three regular season games before ripping him.
DC, you're showing uncharactaristic patience today. Not me. They should fire him. He's never won a stanley cup with the Bruins, never won a playoff series. Heck, he's never even won a regular season game. How much more patience is management going to show? If he can't win at least one playoff round during Saturday's game with the Rangers, I say make him walk the plank.

Old
09-29-2006, 09:09 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Eagle View Post
Who cares?

Old
09-29-2006, 09:12 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I sense a man-crush...
Nah...not in the new NHL.....not even clutch & frab.

Old
09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Fell Down View Post
DC, you're showing uncharactaristic patience today. Not me. They should fire him. He's never won a stanley cup with the Bruins, never won a playoff series. Heck, he's never even won a regular season game. How much more patience is management going to show? If he can't win at least one playoff round during Saturday's game with the Rangers, I say make him walk the plank.
Can you write that in hieroglyphics?

Old
09-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Ludwig Fell Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
Can you write that in hieroglyphics?
Naah, I save that for special occasions, when our uninvited guests from Montreal visit.

Old
09-29-2006, 04:41 PM
NHRonin

The original post gets my early vote for "most ridiculous post" of the new season.

Old
09-29-2006, 04:44 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin View Post
The original post gets my early vote for "most ridiculous post" of the new season.
actually great post- look at all the replies, and somehow it got me defending Lewis which to me is like defending sherbert as a dessert.

Old
09-29-2006, 04:48 PM
chippa13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin View Post
Someone will beat it. Here are some that we could expect to see throughout the season.

"Alberts for Norris"
"Why I think the Isles will win the Cup"
"Kovalchuk, best 2 way player in the game"
"Bergeron for Peca, I'd do it in a heartbeat"
"Brookbank on the pp, we need a body in front of the net"

Old
09-29-2006, 04:54 PM
CBove1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa13 View Post
Someone will beat it. Here are some that we could expect to see throughout the season.

"Alberts for Norris"
"Why I think the Isles will win the Cup"
"Kovalchuk, best 2 way player in the game"
"Bergeron for Peca, I'd do it in a heartbeat"
"Brookbank on the pp, we need a body in front of the net"
You forgot, "Our pro scouting's gonna take a hit without Sean 'Eagle-Eye' Coady."

Old
09-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Jeff from Maine

Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Loring View Post
2nd to last preseason game, on the road...your just not gonna get the A game. Some players are just going through the motions tweaking this and that making sure they are ready for the REAL games. Not many on this roster are fighting for a spot. The coach doesn't want to play his top guys too much before the season starts.

Nothing to read into how they played against a much more feisty team with a LOT more players that were trying to earn a spot on the roster with their club.
Yup, its preseason and I dont worry too much about it. But I`ll say 2 things:

1. I said he played a bring style of play and was told that he isnt a defense first boring coach. Hmmm. Looks like he favors the defense first approach after all.

Okay, now that I have patted myself on the back....

2. If ANY of these guys are going through the motions...they are losers. I dont care of its Chara, Bergeron, Mowers or Joe 4th line possibility. Only a loser will be going through the motions right now.

Later

Old
09-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Jeff from Maine

Not Because Of The End Result

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Yep...

I wonder how many people commenting about his performence with the Wings actually watched any of those games. Of course they fail to mention that Mike Babcock fared no better. Look what he did with the Ducks the year they went to the finals. Oddly enough he was coaching the Ducks when they eliminated Lewis's Wings in the playoffs.

One of those years Lewis's Wings saw Stevie Y play only 16 games. The other Manny Legace was their winningest goalie. That was the year both Cujo and Hasek spent long stretches inuried.
The biggest shots he took were because the Wings under Bowman and Babcock actually HIT people....well, other than Shanhan who stopped hitting 5 years ago. And those Bowman/Babcock teams attacked offensively. The Lewis teams relied on their superior talent, as they played a very, very defense first style of play.

They just simply were not the same Wings as before.

Later

Old
09-29-2006, 07:16 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
actually great post- look at all the replies, and somehow it got me defending Lewis which to me is like defending sherbert as a dessert.
sherbert is deffinitely a dessert.. what other possible classification could there be for it? It's damn good and I havent had any for quite some time and you might've just swayed me to go pick some up.

Old
09-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy and Boyes View Post
sherbert is deffinitely a dessert.. what other possible classification could there be for it? It's damn good and I havent had any for quite some time and you might've just swayed me to go pick some up.
Sherbert is a pallate cleanser.

Old
09-29-2006, 08:07 PM
SPICOLI*

UMMMMMMMMM........ Mango Sorbet. Is Sherbert and Sorbet the same thing?

Closed Thread