HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Francessa about to do an hour on the Rangers 3.00 PM

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Salsa Shark

vCash: 500
Francessa about to do an hour on the Rangers 3.00 PM

I know a lot of people like to talk about the mainstream media hockey coverage we get in NY. Well Mike is about to do a long hockey segment, let's see how this goes.

And I suppose we can put anything media related here in this thread.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:06 PM
varanger94

Waitasekin!!!! waitasekin!!!! I've bin around Hockey fa years. My sauces tell me dat da Rangis head coach Tortellini got da Rangis fired up. I'll give you da name of two of my sauces. Al Fredo and Mary Nara. They've been close to me since I was a Kid. I would talk Hockey all day but I gotta cova da Jets and dare disgrace ofa head coach, Rex Ryun. I promise you folks I'll get to da Hockey cauls in da four o'clock ouwa. We got a good friend of mine Joe Nicklelodeon, da color guy for da Rangis on. He'll break it down and tell you everything I know. Also Adam Leach will be joining us. Da mvp when day won da cup in 40. Da guy looks like he can play now.

Back Afta Dis

Hey Mink who's dis guy Uncle Daddy.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:17 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Hhahahahahahah awesome

Old
05-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

How about that. The Rangers win a playoff series and suddenly Mr Expert makes his biannual discovery that hockey is a sport. Don't do us any favors.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Flavius
Da Gawd

vCash: 100
Who????

Old
05-14-2013, 10:22 PM
machphantom

I dont understand why but for some reason Torts LOVES to speak to Mike. It's hard to believe that the same man who has those post-game interviews can laugh whenever Francessca even starts talking.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
FWIW, he at least admits he doesn't know a lot about the game.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:27 PM
varanger94

I have to give credit where credit is due. WFAN has made an effort to cover Hockey more this year. Fatcessa has been spending time covering the Sport. In the past he'd rather cover table tennis before Hockey.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Waitasekin!!!! waitasekin!!!! I've bin around Hockey fa years. My sauces tell me dat da Rangis head coach Tortellini got da Rangis fired up. I'll give you da name of two of my sauces. Al Fredo and Mary Nara. They've been close to me since I was a Kid. I would talk Hockey all day but I gotta cova da Jets and dare disgrace ofa head coach, Rex Ryun. I promise you folks I'll get to da Hockey cauls in da four o'clock ouwa. We got a good friend of mine Joe Nicklelodeon, da color guy for da Rangis on. He'll break it down and tell you everything I know. Also Adam Leach will be joining us. Da mvp when day won da cup in 40. Da guy looks like he can play now.

Back Afta Dis

Hey Mink who's dis guy Uncle Daddy.

GOAT post.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:50 PM
clmetsfan

Al Fredo and Mary Nara killed me.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:53 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Francesa is such a ******. Boomer & Carton and Joe & Evan are light years better than that Rosie O'Donnell look alike.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:57 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
Francesa is such a ******. Boomer & Carton and Joe & Evan are light years better than that Rosie O'Donnell look alike.
I'll take Francesa the arrogant ***** over Carton the cackling jackass any day of the week.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:15 PM
30theking

mike and the mad dog was the best new york radio in my opinion.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:57 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Love the coverage. It has been notably increased on all shows by all hosts the last month and a half, Islanders included. I call every morning around this time, always talk about hockey. About to go on in a few, actually, to talk with Tony.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
mike and the mad dog was the best new york radio in my opinion.
Haha Mad Dog is awesome. He'd talk fast and then slow down to one word sentences and then back to going fast again. And I always remember him saying "gotta give him credit" all the time....something like this is how I always think of Mad Dog talking:

"I know what you're sayin der Mikey but ya gotta give credit where credit is due. He. Did. Step. Up. In. Da. Big. Game. Gotta give credit. Mikey he's da main reason da knicks are in da game at dat point and credit where credit is due Mikey"

BTW, the best part of Francesca's show isn't actually anything he says, it's when people call in and mess with him. He never has a sense of humor and gets so defensive it's hilarious.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:21 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Haha Mad Dog is awesome. He'd talk fast and then slow down to one word sentences and then back to going fast again. And I always remember him saying "gotta give him credit" all the time....something like this is how I always think of Mad Dog talking:

"I know what you're sayin der Mikey but ya gotta give credit where credit is due. He. Did. Step. Up. In. Da. Big. Game. Gotta give credit. Mikey he's da main reason da knicks are in da game at dat point and credit where credit is due Mikey"

BTW, the best part of Francesca's show isn't actually anything he says, it's when people call in and mess with him. He never has a sense of humor and gets so defensive it's hilarious.
Doggie called him "Michael"

Carton does a great doggie impression.

"AiizzueeavuhLIKESPAWTZ"

Old
05-15-2013, 03:05 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Doggie called him "Michael"

Carton does a great doggie impression.

"AiizzueeavuhLIKESPAWTZ"
Damn that's right, it's the fast way he says Michael that makes it even better. I haven't listened to Mad Dog in a while, which I should because I have XM in my car. I only listen to two stations though, NHL network radio and Opie and Anthony.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:18 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Last time Torts was on (that I know of anyway), Frencessa showed off his ignorance once more. After the interview he did calls, and one of the callers went off at Torts, calling for him to be fired, he cited the constant line juggling and the handling of Kreider as the main reasons.

Francessa didn't sound like he had any idea about who Kreider was and instead started a very general rant: "Hockey is a playoff sport, I don't care about the regular sesason" etc.

He also said something along the lines of: "How often have we seen the eight seed win the Stanley Cup? All the time!". When I think that has never happned before LA did it.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
He also said something along the lines of: "How often have we seen the eight seed win the Stanley Cup? All the time!". When I think that has never happned before LA did it.
Other than the Kings, the only seed lower than fourth to win the cup was the 95 fifth seeded Devils.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:47 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Torts is very kind and respectful to the radio media whether it's Kay or Franscesca. Probably because they aren't on the beat and hounding him every day.

For hockey on mainstream NY Radio Stations (not including Jim and Eddie from Blueshirt Underground who do a beyond amazing job covering the Rangers on a weekly basis and have had some great guests over the years) the following people know hockey;

1) Don Lagreca
2) Dave Rothenberg
3) Steve Sommers
4) Joe and Evan
5) Tony Paige

Lagreca and Rothenberg have ties to the Rangers and hockey is an active part of their shows.

Sommers knows hockey very well but in the last fifteen years, hockey has become an occasional segment or more like a change of pace on his show. It's mostly baseball or football. It was more hockey in the the early-mid 90s when he'd be doing the overnight and come on after the Rangers.

Beningo and Evan know hockey well but because they have a daytime show, hockey is barely covered anymore.

Since Tony Paige has taken over the overnight duties, he does talk some hockey. He did a great job during the playoffs last year, and had Andrew Gross on during the past series. While he admits hockey isn't his most knowledgeable sport, he knows more than Franscesca.

Old
05-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Harleydude666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
I like Boomer, but his show with Carton sucks!!!! BIG TIME!!! I tune in every morning and all they talk about is knix and just fool and gag around the entire time. At least Mike has a straight to the point sports show. When he does talk hockey at least he does a good job because he gets guys like Michelleti and Mguire or Olchyk to talk.

Old
05-15-2013, 06:26 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
This has run its course.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread