HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Everyone thought the Islanders were done after game 1 and they battled back.
Fleury made them battle back

Old
05-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

THN's Jason Kay on twitter: @JKTHN: Gryba taken out by Player 44.

A jab at the Sens, or am I looking too much into it?

05-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
On the contrary, I think it says a lot about our defense and goalie that we made Ottawa look like an offensive powerhouse
Defense and goalie, I agree. But offense (aka scoring more goals, which was the aspect you commented about), I don't think we could expect much more from Habs given the circumstances.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Anyone notice Pittsburgh's goals? Go to the net.

Anderson's not that good man. Go to the net and you score. When will we learn this?

Old
05-14-2013, 10:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightdownhate View Post
He got so hyped against us, after this serie people will come back to reality and realize that Anderson is an average goalie.Its just that in Montreal we have a kind of fixation on goalie.
I read so many comments about how Anderson was lights out in our series and best player, blah blah, but I saw ONE very good game by him (not excellent) which actually he would have lost if Carey hasn't let in the ones at the end (incidentally IMO Carey's only bad game). Does anyone remember any great saves that Anderson made? I don't. There was no robbery whatsoever. Not only that, but think about the goals he DID let in. Majority could be argued to be softies.

We did not lose cuz of Anderson. Could have been any goalie not named Fleury. Now Lundvqist - he put up a great 1st round. FTM, I can't think of a single goalie who had less to show than Anderson after the first round. Each one had highlight reel saves and multiple, including Price. Just saying, Anderson was hot as hell last year and the start of this year. Since, I haven't seen him do much despite his high sv% which is due to the worst "shots" by any opposition in the first round.

He could have an awesome round against the Pens, in fact he has to. But he is certainly beatable. He was the least of my worries during and upon reflecting about the series.

Karlsson looked like what he is - an offensive D man and that's it. Cannot believe he won a Norris over Shea Weber.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:07 PM
bras meurtris
rise in darkness

vCash: 3380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Anderson's not that good man. Go to the net and you score. When will we learn this?

In 1 , 2 ,3 years(at least I hope) when people will look at Gallagher and tell themselves man we gotta play like this guy.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:07 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
OK, you didn't say that but you replying to the comment sounded like you tried to justify PJ's comment. In any case, PJ Stock apparently did say every Habs fans must be happy with the injury.
He was being a smart ass. I'm sure there are some that are happy but like I said, most don't care and maybe a handful have some semblance of concern for him. A bit of schadenfreude.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
In 1 , 2 ,3 years(at least I hope) when people will look at Gallagher and tell themselves man we gotta play like this guy.
Yup, hopefully Bergevin still finds a way to add a few players that aren't afraid to drive and crash the net

Old
05-14-2013, 10:09 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
THN's Jason Kay on twitter: @JKTHN: Gryba taken out by Player 44.

A jab at the Sens, or am I looking too much into it?
A jab, and I'm not going to be all PC and say it's not funny. Fck Gryba. No one forced him to hit Eller like that so as much as I don't really care what happens to him, I smile at the quote since it's a double jab. I wouldn't be as malicious if it weren't for FBEW, but his comments p'ssed me off and I'm obviously not the only one. I doubt any Sens fan will be sad if Cooke happens to have an injury. (Not wishing injury, but I did enjoy the hit by Orpik. Karma.)

Old
05-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
It's just frustrating to watch. Anderson isn't that good a goalie. We just didn't pay the price and go to the net. I watch Pittsburgh and there's one or two guys on the doorstep all the time. You go to the net, screen the goalie and hope for a rebound if it doesn't go in the first time.

We just sat there and fired the puck. He saw every shot and they were right at his jersey. It just pisses me off.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:10 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
If we keep letting him do all of this dirty work by himself, he'll become "that player who didn't last 10 years in the league". The way he plays is admirable, but the fact he's alone to do it raises some serious questions about some of the players' character in this lockeroom.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
If we keep letting him do all of this dirty work by himself, he'll become "that player who didn't last 10 years in the league". The way he plays is admirable, but the fact he's alone to do it raises some serious questions about some of the players' character in this lockeroom.
Seriously. Tell Bourque to stand in front of the net or 'your fired.' Make the guy screen the goalie and go to the net. Inexcusible for a guy of his size not to get dirty.

And btw, how wicked is Drew Doughty? Guy is awesome.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

No goalie looks great when the other team has tons of traffic around the net.

But yeah, one day, the Habs will have found out that's how most goals are scored nowadays and scheme to consistently have someone's cheeks in front of the goalie and a few others buzzing around.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Seriously. Tell Bourque to stand in front of the net or 'your fired.' Make the guy screen the goalie and go to the net. Inexcusible for a guy of his size not to get dirty.

And btw, how wicked is Drew Doughty? Guy is awesome.
I actually thought Bourque was one of our best players in the playoffs.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:23 PM
bras meurtris
rise in darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Well the way he play he could have a shortened career but I wont count him out until he is. Every player is different and sometime we'd be surprise how tough people can be and how long they can sustain a certain level of intensity.

It sure does raise question as to why hes the only one or of the few to be so determinated.

Hope he can open the eyes of some players(if thats possible at this level)by his work ethic and etc. He could be captain he sure does leads by exemples.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:24 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:

Our forwards are too small. They were easily neutralized by Ottawas larger D.

The Pens are showing that you need size and skill to win. We have the skill but not the size

Old
05-14-2013, 10:24 PM
bras meurtris
rise in darkness

Quote:
It's just frustrating to watch. Anderson isn't that good a goalie. We just didn't pay the price and go to the net. I watch Pittsburgh and there's one or two guys on the doorstep all the time. You go to the net, screen the goalie and hope for a rebound if it doesn't go in the first time.

We just sat there and fired the puck. He saw every shot and they were right at his jersey. It just pisses me off.
im with you man.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:25 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

The Pens are showing that you need size and skill to win. We have the skill but not the size
It will take more than one season. Be patient.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I actually thought Bourque was one of our best players in the playoffs.
He wasn't bad. We got a lot of shots and actually took the play to the Sens a lot. I have no complaints from the perspective. And if a couple of pucks bounced for us instead of them we could've easily won the series.

But we didn't go to the net. It's amazing how you get "lucky" bounces when you screen a goalie and are on the doorstep for rebounds. Its a painful place to play and you have to pay a price but it usually pays off. In the playoffs that's what you have to do.

Only Gallagher did this.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

I don't disagree that we're too small up front but Bourque can go to the net. Ryder can go to the net. Max can go to the net... If Gallagher can do it those guys can too. I give Max a pass because he was busted up but you don't need skill to stand in front of the net. You just need the courage to do it. Ottawa was willing to do it... why weren't we?

Old
05-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Mrb1p

Out of town guys!

We have a beautiful game right now ! Go Sharks go!

Old
05-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Boom goes the dynamite.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Oh and... it's screened and deflected.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:35 PM