HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This Day in History: "The Comeback"

Old
05-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Bojyea

vCash: 500
I was watching the game at the Rathskeller in State College,PA. The day before graduating from Penn State...one of the BEST weekends ever!!!

Bojyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:43 PM
flyershockey

I was watching the game at a friend's house with a bunch of people that were hockey fans, but not Flyer fans. My excitement alone after the replay showed that Briere tied the game was enough to get all the casual watchers emotionally involved. We immediately ran to the bar after the game to celebrate the game and the fact that most of us were graduating from college the next day. That was an awesome night, and one of the last times I hung out with a lot of my friends from college.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:58 PM
lancer247

my family in BOS were calling after each goal and giving me the business. I was so miserable but I had to eat crow. Then when the Flyers came back no one would answer their phones. I had to wait until the following week when I went up for a graduation to see everyone and jam it.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Bryz4shiz

Richie turned everything around with one hit. Glad that bum is not on the team anymore

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryz4shiz View Post
Richie turned everything around with one hit. Glad that bum is not on the team anymore
yeah who needs players like Richards on this team

i still get emotional watching that again. Best non Cup moment ever for me.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:56 AM
Jtown

IM not going to lie, after 2004 heart break to lightning and the lockout i was really finding myself not a fan of hockey. College was happening and really couldn't devote time to the sport like i use to. It was weird seeing guys like forsberg on the team and I really didn't like the way the team was going. I watched the caps playoff series and to be honest that was the first time I really got my heart back into hockey. I thought that team had a lot of talent, but injuries on D killed us against pitt in the ECF.

I liked this new team but still only had the time to follow during the playoffs. For some random reason I tuned in for that Boston series. I didn't even watch any of the Devils series , just the Boston one. We looked out manned big-time. I never thought we could come back down 3-0 But we Did. And because of that moment since then i have been a flyers addict. I even joined a Hockey message board.....crazy right. The flyers are number 1 in my heart and that magical run to the cup will hold a special place in my heart forever. Before game 7 I watched Miracle to get pumped for the game. I was so excited thinking about the comeback. Then bam 3-0. I was so dejected i just curled up in my bed. Then i got a text that jvr scored. I watched the next 2 periods and it was amazing. Just amazing.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 07:58 AM
RoDu

I was listening to the first period at work, went home at intermission, was not even planning on watching on tv later, but tuned in around our second goal, never turned it off after

lol Leafs

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 10:33 AM
AaronTrieu

I was with my roommate at the wfc. It was a great time and we are sad they for do playoff viewings there anymore.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 10:37 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
I was with my roommate at the wfc. It was a great time and we are sad they for do playoff viewings there anymore.
Maybe I don't fully understand the business dynamics, but it seems to me even if you charged like $5 for admission and had the concession stands open, it would be better than leaving the building empty that day? I am not sure how much it would cost in energy to run the WFC for the duration of a playoff game, but I'm guessing not a whole lot considering how many people showed up to this game.

05-15-2013, 12:06 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

I was working until about midway through the second period; got a text sometime during the first period that simply read 'uh oh'. I rushed to the closest bar after I was done just in time to see Danny tie it. There were only a couple of other people in the bar and only the bartender was paying attention to what was going on in the game.

It was a strange experience to witness such a monumental moment by myself in a bar I had never set foot in before that night.

05-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I was at home by myself. Living in Sweden, the game started at 1am or so. I didn't sit down from 12.30 until an hour after the game. During the intermissions I was outside chainsmoking, during play I was pacing back and forth in front of my TV. Incredibly low after we went down 3-0. When we tied it I was jumping up and down screaming. Honestly, can't even remember my reaction when Gags scored.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Giroux's shift where he kills time all alone against most of the Bruins was the moment where I knew we were winning that game.

05-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Wells Fargo viewing party crew checking in.

Went with 2 of my buddies and a chick (dunno why she even went lol).

Amazing experience. Was horse from screaming so much.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 03:08 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Wells Fargo viewing party crew checking in.

Went with 2 of my buddies and a chick (dunno why she even went lol).

Amazing experience. Was horse from screaming so much.
Everyone in the section I sat in got a hug. I lost my voice. It was the best feeling ever. I lost my **** on Gagne's goal.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

My cousin was in WFC. He called me after the game and we basically just babbled nonsense at each other.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:39 AM
StandingCow

Don't even remember.. think in my living room... seeing it still gives me the chills.

Sadly the loss to the blackhawks.. on my birthday put a damper on things.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote