HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

WPG-TOR Kadri-Bogosian

Old
05-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
One of and being ignorant looks like fun.
Oh right. Sorry! I forgot that those were fantastic trades for the Leafs that certainly didn't set them back a few years.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Badger Mayhew*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Oh right. Sorry! I forgot that those were fantastic trades for the Leafs that certainly didn't set them back a few years.
I used to hate the Kessel trade, but Kessel has blown Seguin out of the water with his play this season. Bruins fans on the main board are getting pretty fed up with Seguin, while Kessel's been a star. Don't make the center argument either; Seguin plays wing.

Hamilton? He could be good in a few years. Who knows. Right now, Franson fills that role pretty nicely (tied for 6th in points among defensemen this season) so having Hamilton really wouldn't make much of a difference. Our prospect pool is looking great for defensemen too.

tldr: I used to hate the trade, but I certainly don't anymore and it certainly didn't set the Leafs back any years.

Badger Mayhew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:58 PM
goleafsgo

Send a message via MSN to goleafsgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Don't you guys need a center more than another defenseman?

Unless you think McClement or Komarov can play top 6 minutes behind Grabo, Toronto can't give up Kadri.
Yeah, we need a center more than another defenseman, which is why the Leafs wouldn't do this deal.

goleafsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:39 PM
firstemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
If only this were true...

20th most difficult QOC. 27th in OZone %. 123rd in Corsi Rel (I don't really put much into this).

It's not that he's not great. It's that he's not great enough to warrant being swapped for a 22 year old C who just scored at a 77 point pace over 48 games. It'd be foolish for Toronto much more than it would be for Winnipeg.

Either way, neither player is ever getting traded. This is all speculation and why wouldn't you want to boost your player up?
This post is bang on. Under what pretense is Bogosian so valued? I don't get it. Bouwmester would have made sense for the leafs at the deadline but Bogosian?

And for people bringing up Kadri's SH%, keep in mind his ATOI is 16 minutes a night, with limited special teams time. Normalize that, and this "aberration" is more than mitigated.

Leafs can do better if they ever dangle Kadri, and that won't happen anytime soon.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:34 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
Um, Toronto would be adding to phaneuf for Bogosian.
No thanks to that either..
Does that one work on your Xbox?

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:35 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
This post is bang on. Under what pretense is Bogosian so valued? I don't get it. Bouwmester would have made sense for the leafs at the deadline but Bogosian?

And for people bringing up Kadri's SH%, keep in mind his ATOI is 16 minutes a night, with limited special teams time. Normalize that, and this "aberration" is more than mitigated.

Leafs can do better if they ever dangle Kadri, and that won't happen anytime soon.
Bogosian is a 6'3" 220 pound, physical, all situations shut down defender who gets the brutal match ups night in and night out and still puts up between .43 to .46 PPG average over the past two seasons which is 34 to 38 points over 82 games (Brent Seabrook levels). In my opinion he is our # 1 defensman and he is 22 which is the same age as Kadri.

The trade doesn't seem to work for either team.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:48 PM
The Hockey Life
HFB Partner

God no.

The Hockey Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:53 PM
VC

Bogosain is the more valuable piece but this makes very little sense for either team. Both teams could really use the peices going either way but not at the expense of eachother.

VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:34 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHockeySanctuary View Post
God no.
Jets 100% agree

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:58 PM
ReimerIsFuture
Rookie User

Leafs say no. We need more depth at Centre pretty badly. Our only "up and coming" guys are Kadri, Colborne, McKegg, and Abbott. We don't need more defensemen unless if it's an upgrade of what we already have. We can't give away future Cs for more D.

ReimerIsFuture is offline   Reply With Quote