HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
Gomez skating through the neutral zone and then giving it up upon zone entry. Yep, seen it before.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Again... look at the coverage. Four Kings around the net. They flatten anyone who gets close. They are a wicked team.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:38 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
I don't know if you have a reading comprehension problem or what, but his post had nothing to do with Price.
Read between the lines.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:39 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
There's a thread for Price talk, and it's not this one. Take it there if you're desperate to discuss him.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Price My Man Crush

Penner has been everywhere tonight. I still remember the trade deadline two years ago and we thought we finally had him.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:42 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
LOL @ TSN's game notes

"Brad Company: Richards scores 1 goal, 1 assist"

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Dude, quit trying to bait everyone on Price... leave it for the Price thread. Seriously man, it's been done to death. We get it you would've drafted somebody else etc... give it a rest.
I wasn't talking to you or about Price. Maybe you should stop rapid firing your backhanded compliments of Quick, it's a very transparent challenge of his accomplishments and a baiting of people who know what a good playoff goalie looks like.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Net empty. Odds on the Kings pulling a Leafs?

Old
05-15-2013, 12:43 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Gomez was the extra attacker. LOL

Old
05-15-2013, 12:44 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
LOL @ TSN's game notes

"Brad Company: Richards scores 1 goal, 1 assist"

I spotted that too.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Gomez was the extra attacker. LOL
Shocking.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Doughty laughing at Richards... lol

Old
05-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Price My Man Crush

But Gomez is a funny guy! LEAVE HIM ALONE :CRY: !!!!!!11oneunhashtag

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Man... that window closed pretty hard on the Sharks. Remember when they were contenders?

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Clutch

Old
05-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Man... that window closed pretty hard on the Sharks. Remember when they were contenders?
Like the last 10 years. Yup.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
They still have a solid team. They just lack some wingers... Galiardi doesn't cut it.
Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Burns, Jumbo and Galiardi is still a pretty good top 6. Better than ours. Better than the Bruins. Better than the wings. They have a defense by commity kind of squad too.. No stars or number 1 D but they have a good coach. +Niemi is good. They also have great Depth.

I'd like them to win the cup.

Still nothing compared to the Hawks/Pens/Kings on paper though.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Nedved

Quick reminds me of the dominator and how he finds ways to keep the puck out.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
They still have a solid team. They just lack some wingers... Galiardi doesn't cut it.
Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Burns, Jumbo and Galiardi is still a pretty good top 6. Better than ours. Better than the Bruins. Better than the wings. They have a defense by commity kind of squad too.. No stars or number 1 D but they have a good coach. +Niemi is good. They also have great Depth.

I'd like them to win the cup.

Still nothing compared to the Hawks/Pens/Kings on paper though.
They aren't a bad team and I guess they've got the horses to win... but man I can't see them beating LA or Chicago or Pittsburgh.

They've been a good team for a long time but they're kind of like Vancouver now. A team that had its shot and missed the window. Too many other teams in the league have passed them by.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
They aren't a bad team and I guess they've got the horses to win... but man I can't see them beating LA or Chicago or Pittsburgh.

They've been a good team for a long time but they're kind of like Vancouver now. A team that had its shot and missed the window. Too many other teams in the league have passed them by.
If they move Marleau for young blood they could do a pretty quick rebuild. Boyle too... I really don't like Marleau

Old
05-15-2013, 01:22 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I actually thought Bourque was one of our best players in the playoffs.
He definitely was our best forward. I hope we keep him. He's part of the solution. Once he gets his shooting ability back, can turn around and be a 30g guy. Didn't let his gas off the pedal once this season when not injured. Missed a lot of chances, but made up for it with hustle and hitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Well, Bergevin must analyze specific players to see if they actually are a solution to the problem, not just say "we need to do something" and then fail to provide any specifics like so many on his board is apt to do.
Bergevin doesn't need to tell us exactly what he's going to do in his year end presser nor is he going to single out players in a negative sense. That would be weird. Also, worst thing to do is announce that you'll do something specific. Then the pressure to get that done becomes larger and to some extent diminishes the flexibility you have and negotiation room. We all KNOW what he's going to do and that's make the Habs better. Cup worthy better. Paaaatience.

If you mean he has to do that with his staff, I'm sure he's not picking ideas out of Dudley's hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
So as per Brian Wilde on CTV news, Gryba suffered a concussion after taking that huge hit by Orpik.
Didn't know it was a concussion. Well, hope it's minor though man, the karma there in terms of timing if eerie. Imagine if that had been Karlsson or their precious alfie. The hypocrisy on the boards would be astounding. The fact that it was useless gryba is why the internet is still running and the multiverses haven't merged. That almost happened the other night, but somehow boston beat Reimer 4 times pretty quickly.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post

Bergevin doesn't need to tell us exactly what he's going to do in his year end presser nor is he going to single out players in a negative sense. That would be weird. Also, worst thing to do is announce that you'll do something specific. Then the pressure to get that done becomes larger and to some extent diminishes the flexibility you have and negotiation room. We all KNOW what he's going to do and that's make the Habs better. Cup worthy better. Paaaatience.

If you mean he has to do that with his staff, I'm sure he's not picking ideas out of Dudley's hat.
Take my comments in its proper context. It was a reply to another use who is begging for Bergevin to do something yet no thought is given to what Bergevin should or should not do moves-wise. I know very well that the GM should not be revealing his hand to the public.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:42 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Take my comments in its proper context. It was a reply to another use who is begging for Bergevin to do something yet no thought is given to what Bergevin should or should not do moves-wise. I know very well that the GM should not be revealing his hand to the public.
Fair enough. You're right, I do see a lot of "HE HAS TO DO SOMMMMETHINGGG!", but without understanding that the job of a GM is hard and when done well, the details matter.

Then again, there are some pretty knee-jerk reactions re: getting rid of players who would actually be the finishing pieces on a Cup team. The fact that we see very good teams like St Louis get ousted in 6 games (while people complain about our 5 - though game 4 was stolen) makes you realize just how tough it is to win. Everything has to come together at the right time and so you just have to increase the probability of everything going well. Still can't do anything about the bounces. That's the frustrating part. Have to build a team that can win even with bad bounces. And then still you'll never be sure. Good thing is we have the right man and management to handle it and I hope people realize that next year is not going to be that much closer to a cup. 2-3 years is when IMO we'll start to see the makings of it and that's also what I think Bergevin was conveying wrt the draft and not trading current prospects.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:10 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Anyone else catch PJ Stock saying everyone in MTL will be happy that Gryba got hurt?

What a ridiculous comment, and just another thing to add to the: How does this idiot have a job? file.
he's kinda right though

now, saying that on the air on the other hand...

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 05-15-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old
05-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
he's kinda right though

now, saying that on the air on the other hand...
I'm sure everybody in Ottawa would be sad if Cooke got hurt.

You're right though, he sounds like an idiot when he says it on the air.

Closed Thread