HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2011 NHL ReDraft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2013, 04:38 PM
  #351
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
Pageau was solid, but sure. He didn't win them the series but he was a big part of it. RNH's biggest achievement is losing the Calder to injury and making his team a perennial lottery contender.
Stop posting please, you're delusional if you think Pageau is more valuable than RNH.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:50 PM
  #352
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Stop posting please, you're delusional if you think Pageau is more valuable than RNH.
They said RNH was more valuable so far in their career, which I disagree with. Over their career it will most likely be the opposite, but to say RNH have done more in NHL than Pagaeu is delusional and homering.

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:05 PM
  #353
dss97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
They said RNH was more valuable so far in their career, which I disagree with. Over their career it will most likely be the opposite, but to say RNH have done more in NHL than Pagaeu is delusional and homering.
Oh dear..

There is one player from the 2011 draft that you can make a legitimate argument for picking over RNH without coming off as a blatant Oiler hater and that is Landeskog, but even then I disagree.

dss97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:06 PM
  #354
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
They said RNH was more valuable so far in their career, which I disagree with. Over their career it will most likely be the opposite, but to say RNH have done more in NHL than Pagaeu is delusional and homering.
wtf?

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:09 PM
  #355
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
God..it's been only two years and people already gave up on RNH. I don't like the Oilers, but RNH has delusional vision and hockey sense. Give him time to become more bigger..he'll be dominant.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:10 PM
  #356
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dss97 View Post
Oh dear..
Playoffs is what matters. Regular season? not so much. He haven't been able to carry his team to the playoffs. Pageau have been solid in playoffs.

I should have bolded the "and the one who has had the most impact on the league to this point, like it or not." and not the full sentence.

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:12 PM
  #357
CowbellConray
Registered User
 
CowbellConray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
They said RNH was more valuable so far in their career, which I disagree with. Over their career it will most likely be the opposite, but to say RNH have done more in NHL than Pagaeu is delusional and homering.
But RNH HAS done more in the NHL... 52 points in 62 games his rookie year, and then playing against top competition (Top D-pairs and Forward lines) this year while still scoring 24 points in 40 games is better than Pageau.

Pageau has scored 4 points in 9 NHL games, and then scored PPG in the playoffs. However, he scored all three of his goals in one game. Even if you take away those goals, Ottowa wins 3-1. If you take that one game away, he scores 2 assists in 5 games. Then we arent even having this discussion. So I wouldnt really say his value to his team was as big as RNH's, even if you include Pageau's hat trick. He helped his team win 1 game. RNH was put on the worst team in the league and told "Let's put you on the top line and have you fed to the dogs every game."

Not to take anything away from Pageau, but two years ago Marc Andre Gragnani scored 6 points in 7 games in the first round of the playoffs against the Flyers. People were saying he was the next up and coming offensive Dman in the league. He is an AHL player and nothing more.

You cant say 14 games of Pageau is enough to say he is better than RNH who 1)Plays against tougher competition 2) Played 100 games at the NHL level and 3)Has still scored at a higher PPG then Pageau (.74 compared to .62)

Every argument you have for Pageau can be countered with actual statistics and facts.

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:19 PM
  #358
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
But RNH HAS done more in the NHL... 52 points in 62 games his rookie year, and then playing against top competition (Top D-pairs and Forward lines) this year while still scoring 24 points in 40 games is better than Pageau.

Pageau has scored 4 points in 9 NHL games, and then scored PPG in the playoffs. However, he scored all three of his goals in one game. Even if you take away those goals, Ottowa wins 3-1. If you take that one game away, he scores 2 assists in 5 games. Then we arent even having this discussion. So I wouldnt really say his value to his team was as big as RNH's, even if you include Pageau's hat trick. He helped his team win 1 game. RNH was put on the worst team in the league and told "Let's put you on the top line and have you fed to the dogs every game."

Not to take anything away from Pageau, but two years ago Marc Andre Gragnani scored 6 points in 7 games in the first round of the playoffs against the Flyers. People were saying he was the next up and coming offensive Dman in the league. He is an AHL player and nothing more.

You cant say 14 games of Pageau is enough to say he is better than RNH who 1)Plays against tougher competition 2) Played 100 games at the NHL level and 3)Has still scored at a higher PPG then Pageau (.74 compared to .62)

Every argument you have for Pageau can be countered with actual statistics and facts.
I never said he was better, I said he had a bigger impact. RNH will most likely be the better player for his whole career than Pageau, but until RNH actually brings Oilers into playoffs, I think helping a team win one game in playoffs means more than having a stellar regular season.

It's my personal opinion and I value playoffs over regular seasons and being a lottery team.

However, a case can be made about RNH:s regular season performance too. I'm just a sucker for playoffs and I'm probably wrong in most eyes, but my personal opinion is that having a good series in the playoffs is more than having a good regular season - having a hot run in the playoffs doesn't make you a better player, but it can make you one that have achieved more. Seguin played very few games the year they won the cup and I think he achieved more than T.Hall except Seguin haven't been suspended (iirc).

e/ also twax have played against him before he made it to the nhl

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
  #359
SMantzas
Welcome to Jersey!
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,131
vCash: 500
RNH should scare people because of his injury history. I know, I know, they were 'fluke' injuries, but he is a twig playing against men.

SMantzas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:28 PM
  #360
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,365
vCash: 50
This is hilarious.. not just Pageau but the few Sens fans who have posted in here honestly believe Zibanejad should be ranked 2 or 4? Give me a break.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:34 PM
  #361
dss97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
Playoffs is what matters. Regular season? not so much. He haven't been able to carry his team to the playoffs. Pageau have been solid in playoffs.

I should have bolded the "and the one who has had the most impact on the league to this point, like it or not." and not the full sentence.
.. Except for the fact that he hasn't carried his team at all. He scored 3 goals in a blowout on a goalie that was a total sieve that game.


Last edited by dss97: 05-14-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Referring to when you said Pageau won them the series
dss97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
  #362
YMCMBYOLO
WEDABEST
 
YMCMBYOLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,304
vCash: 879
How can we "Re-draft" the 2011 draft when half of the players haven't even hit the NHL yet?

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
  #363
startainfection*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
I think a lot of you will be surprised at how good Mika Zibanejad is. Nothing wrong with having Brodin or Larsson over him, but still.

JoeyMoss had him at 10th (sorry can't quote)? That's a real good indicator that you haven't watched him. There's no reason Ryan Strome should be ahead of him.
ohl coaches seem to think ryan strome is an absolutely amazing prospect and the best player in the league

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:44 PM
  #364
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,365
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
I think a lot of you will be surprised at how good Mika Zibanejad is. Nothing wrong with having Brodin or Larsson over him, but still.

JoeyMoss had him at 10th (sorry can't quote)? That's a real good indicator that you haven't watched him. There's no reason Ryan Strome should be ahead of him.
No I have watched him, and honestly he's exceeded my expectations but it's a deep top 10 and I see a few more players ahead of him.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
  #365
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
ohl coaches seem to think ryan strome is an absolutely amazing prospect and the best player in the league
They think he's a better OHL player. Coaches judge based on current ability, not potential, which is why players like Locke, Azevedo and Akeson get award recognition over great prospects.

(Not saying Strome isn't a great prospect, but at this point he is nothing but potential)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
  #366
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 500
Ok for the heck of it..


1. RNH
2. Landeskog
3. Huberdeau
4. Hamilton
5. Brodin
6. Saad
7. Zibanejad
8. Larsson
9. Couturier
10. Schiefele

HM: Strome, Klefbom, Jaskin, Shaw, Pageau

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:09 PM
  #367
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
1. RNH
2. Landeskog
3. Huberdeau
4. Larsson
5. Brodin
6. Saad
7. Zibanejad
8. Hamilton
9. Couturier
10. Baertschi
11. Strome
12. Scheifele
13. Klefbom
14. Gibson
15. Oullet
16. Oleksiak
17. Armia
18. Jaskin
19. Trocheck
20. Miller
21. Shaw
22. R. Murphy
23. Rattie
24. Morrow
25. Ritchie
26. Noesen
27. Sproul
28. Jensen
29. Harrington
30. Siemens
Dallas has 3 prospects in that top 30 .. Awesome!

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:21 PM
  #368
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
No Beaulieu in top 15 is hilarious. The kid was the best defenseman for the Bulldogs this year.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 12:36 AM
  #369
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,354
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
No Beaulieu in top 15 is hilarious. The kid was the best defenseman for the Bulldogs this year.
How is it ridiculous? He's not even in the top 5 for dmen from 2011

__________________
"The Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it" - dnicks17
The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:03 AM
  #370
BackhandToeyJoey
Registered User
 
BackhandToeyJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Couturier isn't getting any love. Why?

BackhandToeyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:15 AM
  #371
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandToeyJoey View Post
Couturier isn't getting any love. Why?
yeah i was thinking the same thing.


I dont know how Larsson , Zibanejad, Strome, Brodin, or Hamilton can be ranked over him.

The only guys from this draft id have over him is a healthy RNH, Landeskog , and Huberdeau.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:38 AM
  #372
Kid Canesten
Registered User
 
Kid Canesten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
yeah i was thinking the same thing.


I dont know how Larsson , Zibanejad, Strome, Brodin, or Hamilton can be ranked over him.

The only guys from this draft id have over him is a healthy RNH, Landeskog , and Huberdeau.
I don't know, maybe cause NHL gm's and scouts drafted the three bolded players before Couturier?

Kid Canesten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:57 AM
  #373
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canesten View Post
I don't know, maybe cause NHL gm's and scouts drafted the three bolded players before Couturier?
The only thing we can base these ranking off of are by what we have seen. Scouts and Gm's have gotten it wrong plenty of times in the past.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 09:56 AM
  #374
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
yeah i was thinking the same thing.


I dont know how Larsson , Zibanejad, Strome, Brodin, or Hamilton can be ranked over him.

The only guys from this draft id have over him is a healthy RNH, Landeskog , and Huberdeau.
Those two have outright played better than Couturier so far. Larsson and Hamilton have performed at about equal levels, but both have a higher ceiling. Strome too has a higher ceiling, but Couturier has a higher floor, so it's just a matter of preference between the two.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 11:00 AM
  #375
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,858
vCash: 500
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...defense-flyers

I think this puts Couturier in a more appreciable context. Because the Flyers are loaded at Center, Couturier is depended on primarily as the team's shutdown center getting the toughest minutes on the team and some of the toughest in the league.

Stats do not tell the whole story. Understanding the context of those stats will paint a more complete picture.

Zibanejad has the 4th highest ozone start in the league. Couturier has the 12th lowest ozone start in the league.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.