HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 7/3) *Part IV*

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 08:05 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Great to hear Hughes will continue on.

So the (4) teams are:

Moncton
Portland
Kelowna
London

?

Old
05-14-2013, 08:07 AM
LetterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Great to hear Hughes will continue on.

So the (4) teams are:

Moncton
Portland
Kelowna
London

?
Halifax, not Moncton.
And Saskatoon, not Kelowna, is the host IIRC.

Yup, here is the schedule:

Fri May 17 London Saskatoon 06:00 MDT
Sat May 18 Portland Halifax 05:00 MDT
Sun May 19 Saskatoon Halifax 05:00 MDT
Mon May 20 Portland London 06:00 MDT
Tue May 21 Halifax London 06:00 MDT
Wed May 22 Saskatoon Portland 06:00 MDT
Thu May 23 Tiebreak 06:00 MDT
Fri May 24 Semi-Final 06:00 MDT
Sun May 26 Final 05:00 MDT

Old
05-14-2013, 08:12 AM
LetterJ

Some serious talent that is available in this year`s NHL entry draft will play in the Memorial Cup this year:

#1 Jones, #2 Mackinnon, #3 Drouin, along with Horvat, Domi, Zadarov, Fucale

Old
05-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Jones vs. Drouin/MacKinnon is an awesome matchup.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:39 PM
SauceCheese91

Was at the London Knights game 7 last night, and wowwww what a game. Bo Horvat (who I think is going to be an absolute stud in the NHL level) scores with a second left. Hughes has been looking really good throughout these playoffs. I really think he will play a few years in the AHL system and be a good end pairing guy at the NHL level. He is so composed on the defensive end, makes smart plays, good skater and very good positionally.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:42 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
Some serious talent that is available in this year`s NHL entry draft will play in the Memorial Cup this year:

#1 Jones, #2 Mackinnon, #3 Drouin, along with Horvat, Domi, Zadarov, Fucale
Domi has not really impressed me much these London playoffs. His hands are phenomenal but he has been an absolute black hole in the Barrie series. I just don't know if it's going to translate to the NHL level considering his size. He gets tossed around alot, and tries to dangle between 2 or 3 guys way to much. Horvat and Zhadorov are looking like big time players though, I would somehow love to get my hands on either of them.

Old
05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
Was at the London Knights game 7 last night, and wowwww what a game. Bo Horvat (who I think is going to be an absolute stud in the NHL level) scores with a second left. Hughes has been looking really good throughout these playoffs. I really think he will play a few years in the AHL system and be a good end pairing guy at the NHL level. He is so composed on the defensive end, makes smart plays, good skater and very good positionally.
That sounds exactly like a Rangers d-man. Hoping for the best. Hard to teach that calmness with the puck and solid positional play.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Ola

An assist by OL tonight against Norway.

Will he go to NY after the WCHs are over?

Sweden play Canada on Thursday, and we are really really weak this season...

Old
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
An assist by OL tonight against Norway.

Will he go to NY after the WCHs are over?

Sweden play Canada on Thursday, and we are really really weak this season...
And what a sweet assist it was, and prior to that pass, a whole lot of grinding by OL leading up to whole goal situation. And b.t.w. it wasnt against Norway, tonights game was against Denmark

Old
05-15-2013, 04:28 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
And what a sweet assist it was, and prior to that pass, a whole lot of grinding by OL leading up to whole goal situation. And b.t.w. it wasnt against Norway, tonights game was against Denmark
Haha, I don't know how many encounters I've had lately that indicate that I am loosing any entitlement to call my self a die hard hockey fan.

"Ola: Lets win tonight! Hfboards: Ola, the game is tomorrow."

It was a great assist indeed! OL has in general distributed the puck really well. Not in a true play maker fashion, but he makes crisp passes, finds open people, and just moves the puck well.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:01 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Stepan, Brassard, OL, Boyle. Can't wait for a third line of Lindberg and Fasth.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:38 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Good for Lindberg contributing and in limited playing time with the Sedins, Erikson, etc. probably playing the big minutes for Sweden.

100% bring him over even if it's just to skate with the taxi squad. He can start getting familiar with his teammates, facilities, working with the strength and conditioning staff, etc.

Also, with Miller sent home to let his wrist heal, other than Newburry, the Rangers really don't have much center depth. You never know when they might need him.

Old
05-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Good for Lindberg contributing and in limited playing time with the Sedins, Erikson, etc. probably playing the big minutes for Sweden.

100% bring him over even if it's just to skate with the taxi squad. He can start getting familiar with his teammates, facilities, working with the strength and conditioning staff, etc.

Also, with Miller sent home to let his wrist heal, other than Newburry, the Rangers really don't have much center depth. You never know when they might need him.
Yeah, I actually thought about OL vs Newbury too. I mean, against OL you have not knowing the team/system/small ice etc., in favor you have him just being a much more well rounded player. It of course also could depend on who they would be replacing, it might differ if the players hurt are Stepan and Brassard vs Boyle and Powe.

But in the end, I think its doubtful if you put in OL instead of Newbury. I was going there first, but kind of changed my mind. But just like you say, if we loose two centers we could all of a sudden still need him. There could be 21 games left of our season.

Old
05-15-2013, 07:53 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Stepan, Brassard, OL, Boyle. Can't wait for a third line of Lindberg and Fasth.
Very excited for the day that this happens.

Old
05-15-2013, 09:53 AM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
It was a great assist indeed! OL has in general distributed the puck really well. Not in a true play maker fashion, but he makes crisp passes, finds open people, and just moves the puck well.
Sounds alot like Stepan.

Old
05-16-2013, 05:46 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Lindberg playing against Canada today. What an experience!

Old
05-16-2013, 05:59 AM
SnowblindNYR

Folks I bet this was asked already but I don't remember. What's Lindberg's ceiling? I understand he's not the most skilled guy. However, is 50-55 point 3rd liner who is good defensively a possibility? If so we'll be incredibly deep down the middle for years to come. Stepan, Brassard, and Lindberg.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:26 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Folks I bet this was asked already but I don't remember. What's Lindberg's ceiling? I understand he's not the most skilled guy. However, is 50-55 point 3rd liner who is good defensively a possibility? If so we'll be incredibly deep down the middle for years to come. Stepan, Brassard, and Lindberg.
If you're scoring 50-55 points in the league, you're on most teams' first line. In no way, shape or form is a 50-point guy a third line player. Unless you're the Oilers circa 1984 and you're scoring over five goals per game.

Anyway, it's too early to say. His offense developed this year more so than a lot of people, including many in the organization, anticipated. I highly doubt he's a 50+ point player, but let's see what the kid can do.

It's just pain.
Old
05-16-2013, 06:52 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If you're scoring 50-55 points in the league, you're on most teams' first line. In no way, shape or form is a 50-point guy a third line player. Unless you're the Oilers circa 1984 and you're scoring over five goals per game.

Anyway, it's too early to say. His offense developed this year more so than a lot of people, including many in the organization, anticipated. I highly doubt he's a 50+ point player, but let's see what the kid can do.
Well on the Rangers barring a regression from Stepan and Brassard he'd probably be a 3rd liner, that's what I meant. A 50-55 point first line center isn't very good, btw.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Ola

Quote:
I think its really hard to tell, nine of ten times you can basically create a check list for a prospect. And that check list can be pretty strict. Looking at a kid like Derick Brassard, a check list like that works well. He skates, stick-handles and shoot the puck well, he sees the ice well and so forth and so forth. Since he isn't out of this world on the check-list, he isn't either Sid II. Its not much harder than that.

But somewhere along the line, a hockey game is played on the ice and in the end all that matters is getting the job done. Oscar Lindberg is not a great NHL prospect going by the check-list, to be honest, but is doing a really fine job by the second criteria.

We shouldn't underrate his raw abilities. He isn't a flashy skater/stickhandler but have since a really early age played at a high level, with the result that he hasn't adopted much flash that anyway only becomes a bad habit at a higher level.

I think it would be great if he could turn into somekind of Sergei Nemchinov of 2013, and that is putting the bar pretty high. At the same time, you never know...

Old
05-16-2013, 07:30 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Well on the Rangers barring a regression from Stepan and Brassard he'd probably be a 3rd liner, that's what I meant. A 50-55 point first line center isn't very good, btw.
It is if you are very good defensively and in the faceoff circle. Pair him with some offensive wingers and he would be great.

I think 40 points is probably his ceiling.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

A 50-55 point player is not a third liner, that's a very good second liner if he is merely an offensive guy. A two way player who scores 50-55 points is a borderline first liner.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I was rooting for Sweden because of Lindberg and us having a whole bunch of Swedes, but after the vicious, unprovoked attempt to injure Eric Staal, I'm rooting for Canada. Edler is an a--hole.

Old
05-16-2013, 02:13 PM
jniklast

Lindberg being third overall in facoffs with 62.12℅ is most impressive.

Old
05-16-2013, 02:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Lindberg being third overall in facoffs with 62.12℅ is most impressive.

God the Rangers would use that...

Closed Thread