HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

May 14 • Denmark 2, Sweden 4

Old
05-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Nice to have a pair of built in scapegoats in case the Swedes lose.
Mårts is still going to be the main scapegoat

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:16 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Mårts is still going to be the main scapegoat
Well, at least you have options.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Dosing

vCash: 500
The one game i cant watch and they win well?

Funny is next eurovision semifinal is at the same time as our game against canada.. Who ever made the WHC schedule should be fired XD alltime low tv viewer numbers?

Dosing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
John McClane

vCash: 287
So who got Player of the Game?

John McClane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:32 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
We'll see on Thursday
I won't let it go that easily.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:52 PM
curtisinpa

Can someone let me know how the Flyers young defensemen GUSTAFSSON and O. LAURIDSEN have looked so far this tourny?

curtisinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:07 PM
talenttracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisinpa View Post
Can someone let me know how the Flyers young defensemen GUSTAFSSON and O. LAURIDSEN have looked so far this tourny?
Haha, in Danish telly right after to nights game the Lauritsen brothers looked like, Sorry we lost to sweeden, it will never happen again, wery wery sorry. Nice attitude. overall Oliver has been stellar, and a force on the Danish team. Philly might have a future star there. He has the size, the rigt mentallity and he is clever. If he get better on his skates, and gain some more pounds, whw nows where he will end.

talenttracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Should be a fun game, no pressure on the Danish team, so they are free to play. And Sweden are stuck were they are, so they have room to experiment.

Sweden 4-2
Dammit, I should'of put money on it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
Relax, I won't have any problem with Stamkos, Subban, Giroux, Duchene, Hall & co slapping these guys... something

Actually I never mention Danes being littlebrother normally, never in football. Just that I can't understand why the Danes are so offended by the fact that Swedes aren't very happy with how this team has performed in this match ( or against Switzerland, Belarus, Canada, Norway). This game is just more of the same. To give the Danes a lot of credit would be to patronize them really.

I can however agree that they should be given credit for making sure the Sedins are being put to hard work.
Don't worry Im not offended.. I think we have misunderstood each others intentions.. Im not saying you can't be dissapointed, but the way some of you were portraying Denmark, was less than flattering..

No harm done..

ImGoingNucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:06 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Canada, fear us!

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 07:15 PM
admire

Quote:
Oliver has been amazing to tell you the truth. He is ofcourse more important on our team, but he has seen alot of icetime with a lot of different guys, is very big and strong. His most important quality is that he very rarely takes the wrong decision. Our HC was especially impressed with that part.
Took him a period or two to get used to the big ice again after such a long time in NA, but he has a future as a stay at home defence man in the NHL. And what an attitude. He was kicking everybody's ass, no matter who they were.

He was a hitting machine againt's norway.

His little brother is half decent too btw. Although a different, less huge&more all around type of defender..Plays in the AHL.

admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Gustafsson has been very unimpressive.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Nice to have a pair of built in scapegoats in case the Swedes lose.
The Sedins will do fine. We got a decent first line now, it's obvious, and they will give Canada some problems. It's our defence + line 2,3,4 that suck and wont be able to contain Canada.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:22 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Gustafsson has been very unimpressive.
Apparently great defense without great offense, for a defenseman no less, is very unimpressive.

He's basically been carrying our defense since game 2 of this tournament, having the highest TOI in every game (top 27:16 against SLO) and he should be one of the only players we have who has actually been + in every game we've played.

True, he has not been Erik Karlsson, but then again were you expecting that?

He has been very good defensively and also in bringing the puck up ice by himself or by first pass. He could easily have gotten a couple of more assists if we would have had forwards that could score..

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Apparently great defense without great offense, for a defenseman no less, is very unimpressive.

He's basically been carrying our defense since game 2 of this tournament, having the highest TOI in every game (top 27:16 against SLO) and he should be one of the only players we have who has actually been + in every game we've played.

True, he has not been Erik Karlsson, but then again were you expecting that?

He has been very good defensively and also in bringing the puck up ice by himself or by first pass. He could easily have gotten a couple of more assists if we would have had forwards that could score..

He has an ok +/- , and I guess he plays a good PK game as well. So he's better than some others at that department I admit. He has shown very limited offensive skills (get him off the PP!), and I am not impressed by his way of carrying the puck (nervous?). And cant say he's very physical either. Tallinder, Kronwall and Edler will all be much more imporant than him going forward. But if he really is that good on defense I guess I'm plain wrong, a steady defensive defenceman is good to have no doubt.

Last edited by Tomas W: 05-15-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old
05-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Actually Oliver Lauridsen has been surprisingly good. We all had some reservation about whether he could adapt to big ice after being in NA so long, and that his skating is not his strongest asset.
He surprised us all - he was the glue in our defense and was behind our outstanding PK. He went out injured against the Swiss and they scored 3 PP against us. With Oliver on ice the Czech couldn't score a single on the PP even with 5-3 and 4-3 in OT.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 07:44 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Actually Oliver Lauridsen has been surprisingly good. We all had some reservation about whether he could adapt to big ice after being in NA so long, and that his skating is not his strongest asset.
He surprised us all - he was the glue in our defense and was behind our outstanding PK. He went out injured against the Swiss and they scored 3 PP against us. With Oliver on ice the Czech couldn't score a single on the PP even with 5-3 and 4-3 in OT.
Oliver was Easily the biggest Danish suprise in years.. No one saw that coming..

REALLY REALLY suprised and impressed with big Olly.. Philly could have a gem in the making considering his low draft.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 05-15-2013 at 12:31 PM.
ImGoingNucks is online now   Reply With Quote