HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Kristo Connundrum

Old
03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Guilliam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
sweetest goal by kristo this year imo- go to 0:15 sec on this video.

Sick sick hands on that goal! We don't have other prospects with hands like that...

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Chuckie and Kristo
Honestly it is something that I would love to see. Kristo has amazing speed and great hands to go along with it. Put him on a line with Gally and you have yourself quite a pair.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Sioux4ever

KadoCH has it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
Kristo has NHL speed and shot right now. He just needs to put some weight on and keep working hard and he could be NHL ready next season.

He'll almost definitely start in the AHL but he is dominating in a pretty strong league now. No reason to think he can't be atleast a bit contributor to the team next season.
I've watched many good players at UND (Toews, Oshie, Parise, Zajac,Blake etc.), and Kristo has some of the best hands I've seen and he can shoot on the fly. He does, however, need to bulk up a little. He has gained some weight in the last year and now dishes out checks instead of receiving them. 25 games in the AHL and he'll adjust to the physical style of the NHL. He has great speed. Kind of reminds me of Dave Tippet when he played, a good 2nd/3rd line forward. Not as reckless as Oshie, but he does get after the puck. Not as fast as Gionta (not many are) but better hands.

Sioux4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 05:06 AM
crystal ball

I love his skill, but there'll be criticism of his size. If anyone on the Canadiens is under six feet, it doesn't matter how good he is...he'll just be "another small forward." I hate that.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 05:49 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
I love his skill, but there'll be criticism of his size. If anyone on the Canadiens is under six feet, it doesn't matter how good he is...he'll just be "another small forward." I hate that.
Stop paying them attention then. Unless we discover growth hormones for hockey player, we can only work with what we've got in our cupboard. We can't make up a tall skilled player out of thin air.

I'd prefer a little engine that could over a massive machine that wouldn't bother. Give me a thousand Gallagher over a million Kostityn.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Dark horse candidate to replace Ryder in the top-9 next year?

Emphasis on dark horse. I highly doubt he'd get it, but MB has shown to be aggressive in promoting youngsters. Still needs more time in the AHL next year.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 09:10 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Kind of OT - but wow, 2008 was an awful, awful draft by TT (not even talking about the 1st for Tanguay, but the the people he actually picked.
We drafted Kristo 2nd round, 56th overall, and the guy tore up the WCHA in the final year at UND. Below 3rd rounds are definite crapshoots, whereas all drafts are still crapshoots. Look at 2003 draft, we (and other teams) passed on guys like Weber, Getzlaf, Perry, Carter, Brown, Parise, Burns, Kessler, Richards, Eriksson, Bergeron in the 1st two rounds.

TT has done a bang up job. Just look at our prospects and you'll see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The only possible scenarios for seeing Kristo in the NHL next year are these.

Trade Bourque for picks, prospects or a solid LW and let go of Ryder.

Pac-DD-Gallagher
trade/Galch-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust/Galch-Eller-Kristo
Prust/Moen-White/Dumont-Armstrong

Or trade Eller, Bourque and let go of Ryder

Pac-DD-Gallagher
trade-Plekanec-Gionta
trade/Prust-Galchenyuk-Kristo
Prust-White/Dumont-Armstrong

The habs don't have much to expect in the short term from Hamilton or their prospect bank on the LW, only Hudon and Bozon have a real chance to ever make the team and not next year.
Are you ****ing nuts? Trade Bourque and/or Eller. Jesus people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
I hate it too, but compared to some of our smurfier players (DD, Gio, Gallagher, Bouillon) Kristo is a GIANT (lol exaggeration). If he's an inch or two under 6 feet, i'm not overly upset. I'm not happy, but I don't hate that.

If he continues building on weight and developing his skill and using his size, he'll fit well in our lineup, eventually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Dark horse candidate to replace Ryder in the top-9 next year?

Emphasis on dark horse. I highly doubt he'd get it, but MB has shown to be aggressive in promoting youngsters. Still needs more time in the AHL next year.
I think you're right. Highly unlikely he makes the team out of camp next year, but you never know...

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote