HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2013, 11:07 AM
  #351
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizMint View Post
Bickel tweeted yesterday that he is home resting injuries. Must just be his equipment returning to the practice rink.

Stu Bickel ‏@StuBickel 14 May
Back in Minny to heal the hand. Best of luck to the boys as they move on to next round!
Oh, that's lame. I wanted to see this board crumble

silverfish is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:29 AM
  #352
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I guess Clowe is a no go for the start of this series. What a ****ing same. He would have been HUGE for us going down the road, especially against Boston.
I don't think anyone should be expecting to see Clowe anytime soon. He missed almost two full weeks after suffering the concussion against Carolina at the end of the regular season. Then it seemed pretty apparent he suffered the same injury again in Game 5. That was on May 10th. That's five days ago. He missed 13 before returning the first time. If he does return this season I doubt it's earlier than the Conference Finals.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:35 AM
  #353
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bruce View Post
I don't think anyone should be expecting to see Clowe anytime soon. He missed almost two full weeks after suffering the concussion against Carolina at the end of the regular season. Then it seemed pretty apparent he suffered the same injury again in Game 5. That was on May 10th. That's five days ago. He missed 13 before returning the first time. If he does return this season I doubt it's earlier than the Conference Finals.
I don't know about a concussion this time around for Clowe. I understand the speculation, but after he takes the hit (was it Chimera?), he doesn't seem dazed. What does happen though is he immediately starts flexing and looking at his right hand.

A concussion wouldn't surprise me, but I think it may be an arm/hand injury.

He even took a shift after the hit. There's no WAY they'd put him back on the ice if anyone even sniffed a concussion.

silverfish is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:37 AM
  #354
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I don't know about a concussion this time around for Clowe. I understand the speculation, but after he takes the hit (was it Chimera?), he doesn't seem dazed. What does happen though is he immediately starts flexing and looking at his right hand.

A concussion wouldn't surprise me, but I think it may be an arm/hand injury.

He even took a shift after the hit. There's no WAY they'd put him back on the ice if anyone even sniffed a concussion.
Is there video of the hit on Clowe?, I don't remember seeing it during the game.

nevesis is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:40 AM
  #355
GFiP
Registered User
 
GFiP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,637
vCash: 500
I don't understand how staal even came back for a game if its this bad.

GFiP is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
  #356
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Is there video of the hit on Clowe?, I don't remember seeing it during the game.
I searched every highlight and couldn't find any... I remember it being so obvious to me though.

silverfish is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:46 AM
  #357
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
I don't understand how staal even came back for a game if its this bad.
I mean it's tough to say since we have no info. Would I be shocked if the monster hit he took in the first made things worse or made him/management think it isn't safe for him to be out there? No I would not be shocked.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:47 AM
  #358
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,469
vCash: 500
I guess Staal is DONE for the playoffs!!!

bmw2004 is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:48 AM
  #359
PBarrz
Registered User
 
PBarrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!

PBarrz is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
  #360
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I don't know about a concussion this time around for Clowe. I understand the speculation, but after he takes the hit (was it Chimera?), he doesn't seem dazed. What does happen though is he immediately starts flexing and looking at his right hand.

A concussion wouldn't surprise me, but I think it may be an arm/hand injury.

He even took a shift after the hit. There's no WAY they'd put him back on the ice if anyone even sniffed a concussion.
It could be. I just lean toward the concussion again because he just came off of one and got hit from behind. Plus we don't even hear reports of him being in the locker room or around at all. That's usually what happens when the guys have concussions. They stay locked up at home and there's no sign of them. If it were something else I would assume we would at least get the reports of him being in the locker room but just not practicing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
I don't understand how staal even came back for a game if its this bad.
I just got the vibe listening to his quotes after the game that he didn't feel comfortable out there. He even stated that his vision is no 100% and that it comes and goes on a daily basis. When he was out there that game he took a big hit in the corner early in the game. He looked a little shaken from it like anyone would from a decent hit, but I don't think it was that part that bothered him. I got the feeling it was the fact that he wasn't even aware that the player was coming that bothered him. He's clearly trying to adjust to not being able to see things the way he normally does. When the game is played this fast and with this type of physicality, it's not really an environment that's conducive for trying to relearn the game. I honestly don't think we're going to see him for a while unless his vision magically gets better and he has three, four, five consecutive days where he feels like he's seeing good. That apparently hasn't happened since the injury so I'm not expecting it to happen now.

Powe looked like he suffered another concussion as well.

Personally I don't expect to see any of them anytime soon.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:50 AM
  #361
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Bruins have never lost in less than seven under Julien.
Well they haven't played us under Julien.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:53 AM
  #362
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarrz View Post
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!
Don't be a dick. Visiting fans who get beat up are the ones who antagonize the home crowd and talk crap. If you just go in your jersey you're probably going to get harrassed a little bit but if you just ignore it or take it with a sense of humor it shouldn't be a problem. I've never had a problem and I go to away games all the time. The only times I've ever really felt threatened without even doing anything is when there's really intoxicated people around. But the good news with that is you can usually get away from them pretty easily since when they're that drunk they don't really have the coordination to move to well. So yeah, just go and don't antagonize the home crowd and mind your business and ignore the hecklers. You'll be fine.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
  #363
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarrz View Post
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!
Well...then you beat them up. Or you could just give me a ticket and I'll be your bodyguard.

I think you'll be fine as long as you don't too heated with the locals. Just keep to yourself and don't gloat.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
  #364
PBarrz
Registered User
 
PBarrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bruce View Post
Don't be a dick. Visiting fans who get beat up are the ones who antagonize the home crowd and talk crap. If you just go in your jersey you're probably going to get harrassed a little bit but if you just ignore it or take it with a sense of humor it shouldn't be a problem. I've never had a problem and I go to away games all the time. The only times I've ever really felt threatened without even doing anything is when there's really intoxicated people around. But the good news with that is you can usually get away from them pretty easily since when they're that drunk they don't really have the coordination to move to well. So yeah, just go and don't antagonize the home crowd and mind your business and ignore the hecklers. You'll be fine.
Thanks! That's pretty much how I figured things would be!

Sad to hear Staal is done for the rest of the playoffs!! But the Bs could be without Ference or Boychuk apparently, and I've never thought Rask was good enough to get a team to a cup, definitely not close to Hanks level, so hopefully we can pull out a win in Boston!

PBarrz is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:09 PM
  #365
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@NYDNRangers: Guess who's back in the building http://t.co/MosM3MkmvL
Da-da-daaaaaa! Do not want.

Loffen is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
  #366
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,520
vCash: 500
Yeah, jersey should be fine

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:20 PM
  #367
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Is this true? What page did you read this on?




Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
I guess Staal is DONE for the playoffs!!!

surf is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  #368
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Is this true? What page did you read this on?
It's sloppy capitalization. It should read:

"I GUESS Staal is done for the playoffs"

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  #369
Grumpy Humphrey
Registered User
 
Grumpy Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Well...then you beat them up. Or you could just give me a ticket and I'll be your bodyguard.

I think you'll be fine as long as you don't too heated with the locals. Just keep to yourself and don't gloat.
Exactly. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  #370
TimmytheTank
Registered User
 
TimmytheTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus* View Post
Don't be a dick. Visiting fans who get beat up are the ones who antagonize the home crowd and talk crap. If you just go in your jersey you're probably going to get harrassed a little bit but if you just ignore it or take it with a sense of humor it shouldn't be a problem. I've never had a problem and I go to away games all the time. The only times I've ever really felt threatened without even doing anything is when there's really intoxicated people around. But the good news with that is you can usually get away from them pretty easily since when they're that drunk they don't really have the coordination to move to well. So yeah, just go and don't antagonize the home crowd and mind your business and ignore the hecklers. You'll be fine.
Bruins fan coming in peace. This is very true. Bruins fans might heckle a visiting fan but in general I like to think we are pretty good hosts. Some Toronto fans got into trouble because they (allegedly) were making very tasteless jokes about the bombings. Short of that, wear your jersey with pride.

TimmytheTank is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  #371
emodwarf
Registered User
 
emodwarf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston. Sucks.
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarrz View Post
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!
B's fans for the most part are fine (they're not Flyers fans, after all). I've worn Rangers stuff to games in Boston before and no one's given me too much crap for it.

You'll probably get some heckling and maybe have popcorn thrown at you or something, but as long as you're not an obnoxious jerk and steer clear of super drunk Boston idiot dudebros you'll be alright.

emodwarf is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:29 PM
  #372
PBarrz
Registered User
 
PBarrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmytheTank View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace. This is very true. Bruins fans might heckle a visiting fan but in general I like to think we are pretty good hosts. Some Toronto fans got into trouble because they (allegedly) were making very tasteless jokes about the bombings. Short of that, wear your jersey with pride.
Awesome! Looking forward to a good series!

I did see that "Toronto stronger" thing in Toronto, that was pretty low, living in Boston myself, even I wouldn't let it fly if someone joked about the bombing.

PBarrz is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
  #373
PBarrz
Registered User
 
PBarrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emodwarf View Post
B's fans for the most part are fine (they're not Flyers fans, after all). I've worn Rangers stuff to games in Boston before and no one's given me too much crap for it.

You'll probably get some heckling and maybe have popcorn thrown at you or something, but as long as you're not an obnoxious jerk and steer clear of super drunk Boston idiot dudebros you'll be alright.
"Don't be a jerk and steer clear of the drunk idiot dudebros" I feel like that advice applies to life in general. Ha.

PBarrz is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:37 PM
  #374
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmytheTank View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace. This is very true. Bruins fans might heckle a visiting fan but in general I like to think we are pretty good hosts. Some Toronto fans got into trouble because they (allegedly) were making very tasteless jokes about the bombings. Short of that, wear your jersey with pride.
What the ****?

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
  #375
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,437
vCash: 783
Those pansies making jokes about the bombings deserve to catch a malicious beating. That's messed up. Toronto strong? What was the tragedy that happened there? The Cn tower got constructed was the last i heard

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.