HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Awards:
Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Last one reached 1,000.

Continue here.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Dagistitsyn

I'd see if I could get AK back for a cheaper / short contract to replace Ryder for some 2nd/3rd line scoring.
Bickell would be nice but probably can't afford him.
Sign Bordeleau or someone who can step in when they should.
Look at Steckel for 4th line / faceoffs. I wanted Lapierre back originally, just because its Lappy.. but apparently he has been bad in Vancouver.
Give Moen a short leash, if he doesn't have his **** together after 10 games or so, make a trade.
Regehr/Murray/Scuderi. Don't care if they're slow, we don't need them for their speed.

Or make a big trade for Bobby Ryan / Chris Stewart / Wayne Simmonds.

Last edited by Dagistitsyn: 05-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old
05-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
I'd see if I could get AK back for a cheaper / short contract to replace Ryder for some 2nd/3rd line scoring.
Sign Bordeleau or someone who can step in when they should.
Look at Steckel for 4th line / faceoffs.
Give Moen a short leash, if he doesn't have his **** together after 10 games or so, make a trade.
Regehr/Murray/Scuderi. Don't care if they're slow, we don't need them for their speed.

Or make a big trade for Bobby Ryan / Chris Stewart / Wayne Simmonds.
MB doesn't want to give up good/young/cheap assets by trade. The 3 guys you mentionned would cost some of our best young players.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Draft

Who are some players, apart from big name guys, that have the "character" Bergevin is looking for? Any in Free Agency?

Old
05-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
MB doesn't want to give up good/young/cheap assets by trade. The 3 guys you mentionned would cost some of our best young players.
No GM wants to give up good young cheap assets by trade. Unless its a good trade.. Simmonds I agree would cost too much. I think Ryan or Stewart could be had with a good trade.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Who are some players, apart from big name guys, that have the "character" Bergevin is looking for? Any in Free Agency?
Craig Adams
Matt Hendricks
Ryan Jones

Matt Hendricks is a heart and soul guy, but he's also a punching bag.

Bordeleau had the same goals and assists as Armstrong.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
No GM wants to give up good young cheap assets by trade. Unless its a good trade.. Simmonds I agree would cost too much. I think Ryan or Stewart could be had with a good trade.
Still don't see us going that direction. Those deals are for when you are 1-2 pieces from a (potential)cup. Deals like that are for when Galchenyuk is a #1 center on the squad in 2-3 years.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:33 PM
gillyguzzler

I was one of those who really enjoyed watching AK46 play. Yes, he could be frustrating at times but also incredible at others. Michel Therrien often praised him on l'Antichambre.

With the lack of decent UFAs, I'd make him a 1 year 2M offer. If he wants to come back and play within MT's rules and system, he would be a very viable option on the right side.

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

Sick hands, sick shots - could be a 75 goal third line!

Old
05-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Bordeleau had the same goals and assists as Armstrong.
Armstrong started 32% of his shifts in the offensive zone, Bordeleau 61%. Bordeleau was one of the most sheltered players in the league.

Listen, if you want Bordeleau to punch faces, fair enough. But don't pretend he has any more value than that.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I was one of those who really enjoyed watching AK46 play. Yes, he could be frustrating at times but also incredible at others. Michel Therrien often praised him on l'Antichambre.

With the lack of decent UFAs, I'd make him a 1 year 2M offer. If he wants to come back and play within MT's rules and system, he would be a very viable option on the right side.

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

MT's rules and system - Much better suited to Kostitsyn than Martin/Cunneyworth's or Trotz's.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

Old
05-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Armstrong started 32% of his shifts in the offensive zone, Bordeleau 61%.
Armstrong has 1% of offensive skill left compared to Bordeleau's -10.

You have to take into account everything and can't base it on stats. Armstrong you can kinda trust defensive and pks while Bordeleau gets his 5 minutes a game.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:37 PM
le_sean

Remember, there could be a lot more good players available with the compliance buyouts. Guys that can still contribute, but were overpaid.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

I wouldn't be against it...but we don't know what MB and staff know about him. Is he trouble in the room, is he a guy to buy in to a team's system?

Quote:
Armstrong started 32% of his shifts in the offensive zone, Bordeleau 61%. Bordeleau was one of the most sheltered players in the league.

Listen, if you want Bordeleau to punch faces, fair enough. But don't pretend he has any more value than that.
I would take Bordeleau/Orr/Mcgrattan etc in Armstron's spot, but I agree it's a downgrade hockey-wise.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Remember, there could be a lot more good players available with the compliance buyouts. Guys that can still contribute, but were overpaid.
I know this is completely against the direction everyone wants this team to go in, but I'd kick the tires of Briere for sure if the Flyers buy him out (and if he's healthy...and if he's not asking for a lot).

Old
05-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Armstrong has 1% of offensive skill left compared to Bordeleau's -10.

You have to take into account everything and can't base it on stats. Armstrong you can kinda trust defensive and pks while Bordeleau gets his 5 minutes a game.
The point being, Armstrong was a minutes eater on a fairly good team and Bordeleau was sheltered even on an awful team. Comparing them, or even judging them by their point total is a waste of time.

Both can be considered as 13th/14th forwards for under a million, Armstrong to actually eat minutes and Bordeleau to punch faces. It depends what role needs to be filled. Personally I'd let Armstrong walk because Halpern can do more for not that much more money.

As an otherwise useless face puncher, Bordeleau fits the bill because he's relatively young. I'd be pissed if someone that terrible is brought in as an everyday player though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I know this is completely against the direction everyone wants this team to go in, but I'd kick the tires of Briere for sure if the Flyers buy him out (and if he's healthy...and if he's not asking for a lot).
We can't have both Briere and Desharnais on the same team.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:42 PM
FireBergevin
FireSavard

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Dijon Phanoof, anyone?

Old
05-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'd love a forward, any forward really, that can play both center and wing in a top-6 role. Would make both Galchenyuk's and Eller's development plan, or rather how I'd like to see them develop, a lot smoother. Weiss would be my first choice but Briere is a possibility too.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

oh man all these people wanting AK46 back, am I really the only one who wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole?

he's the exact opposite of what Bergevin looks for in a player. terrible work ethic, no heart, no soul, doesn't put any effort on the ice, a guy that will destroy any team spirit

add all of this to the fact that his only decent year in the NHL was during that 104pts season in 08 where he scored 26 goal.

i'd take Kaberle as a forward before signing Kostitsyn

Last edited by overlords: 05-15-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old
05-15-2013, 03:48 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I'd love a forward, any forward really, that can play both center and wing in a top-6 role. Would make both Galchenyuk's and Eller's development plan, or rather how I'd like to see them develop, a lot smoother. Weiss would be my first choice but Briere is a possibility too.
There were a lot of rumours about the habs staff liking filppula not too long ago.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
oh man all these people wanting AK46 back, am I really the only one who wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole?

he's the exact opposite of what Bergevin looks for in a player. terrible work ethic, no heart, no soul, doesn't put any effort on the ice, a guy that will destroy any team spirit

add all of this to the fact that his only decent year in the NHL was during that 104pts season in 08 where he scored 26 goal.

I wonder how much of this is from solid, reputable sources, and not just you talking out of your ass?

Old
05-15-2013, 03:54 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I wouldn't be against it...but we don't know what MB and staff know about him. Is he trouble in the room, is he a guy to buy in to a team's system?
We're not privy to the clubhouse but if PK bought into the system and became a team player, why couldn't AK. AK wouldn't be asked or paid to be a Top 3 player, but a Top 9 with expectations of 20 goals and 20 assists. If he can contribute that, at 2M a year, it's a bargain. And, other than the 2M for one year, it wouldn't cost us any current assets.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
There were a lot of rumours about the habs staff liking filppula not too long ago.
I'd be okay with that, he's really good defensively as well. I'd rather him than Desharnais, Ryder or Gionta. Gionta only because I'm worried about his age and injury, how he'll come back to play next year. Heard Filppula was asking for big money but, he is only 29 and doesn't really play a high-impact game.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:56 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post

Your hockey acumen is really showing now!

Old
05-15-2013, 03:56 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
We can't have both Briere and Desharnais on the same team.
After thinking about it some more, we probably just don't have a fit for him altogether, Desharnais or not. We really only have 1 winger spot in our top 9 up for grabs and I'd rather see it go to a guy who could bring some grit (Bickell, Clowe, Clarkson, etc).

Our fourth line is already tight...White (if kept, Dumont if not), Prust, Moen and ideally an enforcer rotating in 3 spots.

We also already have the same top six on D locked in, and that's excluding Tinordi. Ideally I'd like us to sign a Regehr or a Murray, relegate Bouillon to 7th D, and let Tinordi/Beaulieu/etc stay in Hamilton until there's an injury. But I would definitely shop Diaz to see if we can use him as a chip to both open a slot on D and get something decent in return.

There certainly isn't much wiggle room for Bergevin this year, barring a trade.

Closed Thread