HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
That's why the best would be to get a guy like Hendricks to replace Armstrong and get Bordeleau to punch face some games.

It was also Bordeleau first season in the NHL, he can get better.
Or McLoed, or Bickell, or anyone who cantake a regular shift up front....maybe Fistric or Peckham (reclamation project #7-8 dman). We need team toughness most. Being able to have players on the ice at all times to take it to the opposition and can actually keep up with our more talented players so that the deterre t is constant....not 2-3 mins a game that cant backcheck. There is alot more to playoff hockey than winning the occasional staged fight.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:39 PM
odishabs

anyone else interested in Stalberg? Big body, blazing speed and has a nice goal scoring touch. Would think he'd play well in our system.

Galchenyuk - Eller - Stalberg

Old
05-15-2013, 05:41 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
anyone else interested in Stalberg? Big body, blazing speed and has a nice goal scoring touch. Would think he'd play well in our system.

He'd definitely look great next to Eller.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:45 PM
MXD

I wonder if a forward spot (including 13th forward) will be up for grabs for one of our AHL'ers (think Kristo, Dumont, Leblanc and even Bournival. There might be some others that I can't really think of at the moment).

Old
05-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I wonder if a forward spot (including 13th forward) will be up for grabs for one of our AHL'ers (think Kristo, Dumont, Leblanc and even Bournival. There might be some others that I can't really think of at the moment).
who the heck is this Leblanc guy?

Old
05-15-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
One problem that I think many players, including Kostitsyn, had on previous editions of the Habs was Jacques Martin. I could be wrong but I didn't see any communication there. If the coach isn't teaching you anything it is hard to learn.

I think that kind of situation is made worse when the player has talent but lacks hockey instincts. The coach has to keep drilling what is expected of the player, on and off the ice, over a long period of time.

In Kostitsyn's case, it's probably too late but the talent is definitely there.
Ak is everything that this team does not need. We need more grit and players that will play for their teammates. AK would be a horrible teammate for the young guns. Stay away from these type of players. The only motivation AK had was to go to the peeler bars.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:01 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Everyone is writing off Colby Armstrong (and i'd like to think we should). But i'm gonna go out on a ledge and say that MT will get him re-signed. He is a MT guy sadly, so don't be shocked if ge comes back as a depth winger.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:08 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Ak is everything that this team does not need. We need more grit and players that will play for their teammates. AK would be a horrible teammate for the young guns. Stay away from these type of players. The only motivation AK had was to go to the peeler bars.
Same could be said about Bourque last season and he turned it around. Him and Kostitsyn are exactly the mold of players this team needs. Heavy skilled players that can hit and score. As seen this year, Therrien is a proactive coach that has great communication with his players. IMO Andrei would benefit greatly from this style of coaching and I'm sure Therrien can make him a better player. For once we don't have a zombie looking coach that sucks the life of their players.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Stallberg and AK? Really guys? Omfg....

Old
05-15-2013, 08:28 PM
bras meurtris
rise in darkness

vCash: 3380
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Everyone is writing off Colby Armstrong (and i'd like to think we should). But i'm gonna go out on a ledge and say that MT will get him re-signed. He is a MT guy sadly, so don't be shocked if ge comes back as a depth winger.
That would not be good at all. I like Michel and everything but **** off with the favoritism of Bouillon and Armstrong.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
i'm pretty sure you've watched the same team as I did during his time here, he gave no effort on the ice and was afraid of going anywhere a opponent. we traded him because he was playing horribly + he made the news with Hamrlik and Sergei K
He was traded 3 years after he "made the news"..

Old
05-15-2013, 08:36 PM
MXD

Quote:
who the heck is this Leblanc guy?
Lebust?

Look, I know that he had a terrible season and that, according to MB, he regressed.

This said, he's a guy that could get a roster spot next season, should he actually impress at the camp and depending on the moves that will be made or not be made until then.

Old
05-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Same could be said about Bourque last season and he turned it around. Him and Kostitsyn are exactly the mold of players this team needs. Heavy skilled players that can hit and score. As seen this year, Therrien is a proactive coach that has great communication with his players. IMO Andrei would benefit greatly from this style of coaching and I'm sure Therrien can make him a better player. For once we don't have a zombie looking coach that sucks the life of their players.
AK sucked the life out of me when I watched him play. I never found him to be an uptempo type of player and did not enjoy his skating. He rarely took control of a game despite having good size and a heavy shot. Please stop with this retreading of ex-players. Move on.....cut the cord.....that ship has sailed......"enter any other cliches of choice here"

Old
05-15-2013, 09:06 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
oh man all these people wanting AK46 back, am I really the only one who wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole?

he's the exact opposite of what Bergevin looks for in a player. terrible work ethic, no heart, no soul, doesn't put any effort on the ice, a guy that will destroy any team spirit

add all of this to the fact that his only decent year in the NHL was during that 104pts season in 08 where he scored 26 goal.

i'd take Kaberle as a forward before signing Kostitsyn
People have short memories; you are 100 percent right.

AK is exactly NOT what we need right now!

He shows up once every 5 or 6 games, and is lousy example of "character", a word that Bergiven has said repeatedly; something that Ryder Kostitsyn nor Kovalev are all in short supply of when they wore the CH.

Turn the page...it's not going to happen; thank god!

Old
05-15-2013, 09:08 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post

Would love to replace Gionta with Stalberg, but we still need a couple of big bodies men up front AND on D!

Old
05-15-2013, 09:10 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Stallberg and AK? Really guys? Omfg....

bordeleau > stallberg + AK

Old
05-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Hugo Sham

I think two reasonable acquisitions are Bickell and Bordeleau. And maybe just maybe Bergevin swings a deal with one of our young dmen for a young forward with size. Maybe he takes on a project like Kyle Beach. I also see him looking for a depth dman with size. but that's 4 moves, seems like a lot

Old
05-15-2013, 09:42 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
AK sucked the life out of me when I watched him play. I never found him to be an uptempo type of player and did not enjoy his skating. He rarely took control of a game despite having good size and a heavy shot. Please stop with this retreading of ex-players. Move on.....cut the cord.....that ship has sailed......"enter any other cliches of choice here"
This is what I hate to hear. These expectations are too high. He's not a 1st line winger and he isn't paid like one, there's reasons for that. Still, once in a while he could change a game by himself. When he was actually playing with quality players such as Pleks and Larry, he excelled. For whatever reasons, coaches had the stupid trend of taking him out when other underachievers were not playing well. Can't deny that he's looked bad at times. Most often than not he was playing with Gomez and some 4th line scrub and this is when fans were more critical of his play. You can't compare Ryder to AK. That's just mean and blind hate. Beside their shots, they are nothing alike. One is a unidimensional sniper and the other actually plays a 2way game delivering great hits, driving the net, forechecking and sniping a few ones once in a while. If some people could take out their hate glasses, take a step back and keep things in perspective, they would see that AK is an excellent 2nd/3rd liner.

Last edited by elsubz: 05-15-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old
05-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
oh man all these people wanting AK46 back, am I really the only one who wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole?

he's the exact opposite of what Bergevin looks for in a player. terrible work ethic, no heart, no soul, doesn't put any effort on the ice, a guy that will destroy any team spirit

add all of this to the fact that his only decent year in the NHL was during that 104pts season in 08 where he scored 26 goal.

i'd take Kaberle as a forward before signing Kostitsyn
since part of my message was deleted, i'd like to re-add it in a more "acceptable" way I guess : he also made the news about you know what with you know who, you know when

why is it not okay for me to talk about this? it did happen after all, and it's a pretty good reason not to sign a player

Old
05-15-2013, 10:01 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Read somewhere that Bergevin was asking about Stallberg
Just hoping hes serious about adding size and hope we will rejoice this summer with some good acquisitions

Old
05-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Guilliam

Say what you want about AK but at least he has shown he can go to the net and take abuse to score a goal.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Say what you want about AK but at least he has shown he can go to the net and take abuse to score a goal.
AK partied all night before a playoff game. Enough said, move on, nothing to see here. I'll keep Gionta over AK. Hell, I'll keep DD over AK.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Dupuis, Morrow, Boyes, Clarkson, (unlikely) Horton

Old
05-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
This is what I hate to hear. These expectations are too high. He's not a 1st line winger and he isn't paid like one, there's reasons for that. Still, once in a while he could change a game by himself. When he was actually playing with quality players such as Pleks and Larry, he excelled. For whatever reasons, coaches had the stupid trend of taking him out when other underachievers were not playing well. Can't deny that he's looked bad at times. Most often than not he was playing with Gomez and some 4th line scrub and this is when fans were more critical of his play. You can't compare Ryder to AK. That's just mean and blind hate. Beside their shots, they are nothing alike. One is a unidimensional sniper and the other actually plays a 2way game delivering great hits, driving the net, forechecking and sniping a few ones once in a while. If some people could take out their hate glasses, take a step back and keep things in perspective, they would see that AK is an excellent 2nd/3rd liner.
I disagree wholeheartedly. I have no hate for the guy. I wanted to see the guy succeed and even met him right after they drafted him. When I say he rarely took control of the game, I was not necessarily implying he had 1st line in him. He didn't even dominate a game from a physical point of you. He had thickness to him and yes.....occasionally gave some hard checks.....but was not the type of physical player to impose himself physically. I never saw him as a player driving the net either.....come on....if I have hate glasses, you have rose coloured ones. He played more of a perimeter game the majority of the time than anything resembling a hard nosed screen-the-goalie type game. His sniping was way too inconsistent. Here's a question.....Prust or Kostitsyn? I say Prust.....over and over....and he does not have the same hockey talent but his impact on the game is greater and more consistent.....offensively and defensively.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:36 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Dupuis, Morrow, Boyes, Clarkson, (unlikely) Horton
What about them? They aren't coming here that's for sure.

Dupuis will re-sign in Pitt.
Clarkson will get a big offer by the Leafs, if not re-signed by NJ.

Closed Thread