HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 01:13 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoo9 View Post
so he will go to USA soon for preparing to Draft combine (for phsycal tests) and i think he see himself only in NHL
I was just curious if he has his mind made up that he wants to play in the NHL or if he is just waiting in out and doesn't know if even wants to come over. It would be nice if he actually came out publicly and said he wants to be an NHL player.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:25 PM
geoo9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
I was just curious if he has his mind made up that he wants to play in the NHL or if he is just waiting in out and doesn't know if even wants to come over. It would be nice if he actually came out publicly and said he wants to be an NHL player.
may be he does not want to be at high draft place and playn for colorado (for example)))
every time he did not answers for that question. There is no ethic if he said -"want to nhl" while he has contract in KHL. After a difficult Play offs and jwc he said his plans -preparing to NHL draft combine

Last edited by geoo9: 05-01-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old
05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Slay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Has Nichuskin ever come out and said that he wants to be in the NHL? Or is his desire in the KHL?
From the KHL draft, at 1:42

- Valery, could you name your strengths and weaknesses?
- Strengths, I think, hockey sense, shot, speed, and I like to battle. But I still need to get better and better at these things if I want, and I want, to play at the higher level - KHL, NHL.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
Can you clarify what you mean? He has signed a two-year contract with Dynamo? Any details? Out clauses, etc?
Sorry, wanted to write "Sounds like Nichushkin signs" then changed it to "Nichushkin signs". Went with the 50-50 in the end Man, do I need more sleep.

Old
05-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Hockeysemin

Some highlights from this season:

Old
05-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post

Daaaaaayumm. This guy looks good, looks like a young Gino Malkin in these vids.

Old
05-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Daaaaaayumm. This guy looks good, looks like a young Gino Malkin in these vids.
Beat me to it. So strong with the puck using his body and reach to shield the puck from stick checks. Really hope the Oil nab him at 7. Would be dynamite on Yakupov's opposite wing.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:41 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Good god that video is epic. He is man handling people all over him and still keeping composure and scoring. He is doing this against men while at this age. Incredible.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Moskau

Do you know how often streaking down the half wall and cutting to the front of the net works in the NHL on a North American ice surface? Almost never.

Do you know how often forwards skate all the way from their blue line and split two NHL caliber defenders on a North American ice surface? Almost never.

He doesn't seem to possess any vision for his teammates when I've watched him and his hockey sense is hard to judge because he's so selfish and has shown a complete inability to pass the puck.

The only reason people say he looks like a young Malkin is because he's big and skates similar. He has none of Malkin's vision, passing and ability to score further than 5 feet from the net.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:50 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Do you know how often streaking down the half wall and cutting to the front of the net works in the NHL on a North American ice surface? Almost never.

Do you know how often forwards skate all the way from their blue line and split two NHL caliber defenders on a North American ice surface? Almost never.

He doesn't seem to possess any vision for his teammates when I've watched him and his hockey sense is hard to judge because he's so selfish and has shown a complete inability to pass the puck.

The only reason people say he looks like a young Malkin is because he's big and skates similar. He has none of Malkin's vision, passing and ability to score further than 5 feet from the net.
So all the professional scouts who watch his every movement are wrong and you are right? His play style is eerily similar to Malkin and Rich Nash from what I've watched from him.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
So all the professional scouts who watch his every movement are wrong and you are right? His play style is eerily similar to Malkin and Rich Nash from what I've watched from him.
I don't remember Malkin and Nash scoring on the same EA Sports move against a bunch of stick checking idiots at the NHL level.

Old
05-16-2013, 12:21 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't remember Malkin and Nash scoring on the same EA Sports move against a bunch of stick checking idiots at the NHL level.
You do realize the KHL is the 2nd best league in the world right? Doing things like this is much more impressive than doing it at the junior level against kids.

Old
05-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Henderson19

Quote:
Ummm, okay. Thanks for your input.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Moskau

Quote:
You do realize the KHL is the 2nd best league in the world right? Doing things like this is much more impressive than doing it at the junior level against kids.
Scoring the same way over and over and having no versatility to your game isn't impressive in any league.

He's a young Malkin with 1/10th Malkin's vision and play making. He's a young Ovechkin with 1/10th Ovechkin's wrist shot and 1/10th his one timer.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:09 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I do agree that his goals all look alike and NHL players/coaches will pick up real fast on his "going wide and cutting to net" move.

It would be somewhat reassuring to see him snipe shots from the slot or set up his teammate with a sick pass, which I haven't seen yet.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:50 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I do agree that his goals all look alike and NHL players/coaches will pick up real fast on his "going wide and cutting to net" move.

It would be somewhat reassuring to see him snipe shots from the slot or set up his teammate with a sick pass, which I haven't seen yet.
Honestly, I wouldn't really care as the oilers. Just get him to park his ass in the crease and he will be a 70-80 point forward with Yakupov. I'm sure the same could be said for Stamkos or Staal.

Last edited by DousedInOil: 05-16-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old
05-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Bourdon

Quote:
Professional scouts are wrong all the time. You can have all the skills in the world, but if you don't think the game well, you're a limited hockey player.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:45 AM
BillDineen

Nichushkin reminds me of JVR.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:19 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I saw alot of Rich Nash in those youtube clips. Dips his shoulder, going hard to the net is something you see Nash do 8 times out of 10.

I'm just a little worried that on a smaller ice surface and blueliners who are more physical in the NHL instead of the KHL, that he won't be able to do what he does best on a regular basis.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Jtabo

Watching these clips I saw a ton of Rick Nash. Nash loves that move where he drives to wide than cuts to the net. For those that say this is all he does and he is predictable, I haven't watched much of Nichuskin, I don't think thats the case. You could put a highlight real of Nash scoring about 50 of that same goal, doesn't mean its all he does. When the opportunity is there he is obviously gunna take it, but I'm sure when its not he will dump it in, take a shot on it, button hook and set up, etc.

But that strong outside move, followed by a cut to the middle, is something very few hockey players can do.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:47 AM
flyers28giroux

Quote:

Nichushkin is a beast in those clips, pretty amazing he's almost like Evgeni Malkin, Rick Nash in one person.

Old
05-16-2013, 04:37 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Nichushkin reminds me of JVR.
Which one? The sniper who plays for Toronto, or the AHL caliber band-aid that played in Philly?

Old
05-16-2013, 05:42 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Which one? The sniper who plays for Toronto, or the AHL caliber band-aid that played in Philly?
I was thinking more of as a team USA WJC member. But Nichushkin supposedly not showing up for all games at the U18 reminded me of the usual Flyers version.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Gaston Gingras

can he become the next Anton Slepyshev? The KHL factor is something to consider with him, Nichushkin staying in Russia is a possibility

Last edited by Gaston Gingras: 05-16-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old
05-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Tralfamadore
So it goes

Quote:

Damn, let's draft this guy

Closed Thread