HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

2013 Mastercard Memorial Cup

Old
05-12-2013, 11:21 PM
SB2013

vCash: 500
2013 Mastercard Memorial Cup

Now with the Saskatoon Blades, Portland Winterhawks, Halifax Mooseheads, and ether the Barrie Colt/London Knights in the memorial cup, what are your predictions, and who are key players/ dark horse to watch for as the tournament goes on?

SB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Veritas0Aequitas

I'm pretty excited to see Seth Jones, Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin all vie for that #1 pick (although I'm pretty sure my Avs would be flamed for taking anyone but Jones).

Domi/Zadorov or Scheifele/Ekblad will also be good to watch as well as guys like Fucale, Petan, Rattie, Leipsic, Pouliot, Griffith, Horvat, etc.

I think it's going to come down to Halifax and Portland.

Veritas0Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:57 AM
KingKadri

I think Portland will take it over the moose. Portland is team that can score with Halifax and has nhl caliber defensemen to keep Mackinnon and Drouin in check. Can't really count out Saskatoon but I don't see them pulling a Schawinnigan. As for London/Barrie, I think it will be London and looking up and down their roster I say they will be the favorites for next year (they may even be hosting) but probably wont win this year.

Last edited by KingKadri: 05-13-2013 at 12:04 PM.
KingKadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKadri View Post
I think Portland will take it over the moose. Portland is team that can score with Halifax and has nhl caliber defensemen to keep Mackinnon and Drouin in check. Can't really count out Saskatoon but I don't see them pulling a Schawinnigan. As for London/Barrie, I think it will be London and looking up and down their roster I say they will be the favorites for next year (they may even be hosting) but probably wont win this year.
I agree, there is no game that I'm looking forward to more than Saturdays game between Halifax and Portland. Will be Halifax's first real test against top quality defensemen. Will be interesting to see how they handle the Rattie, Leipsic, and Petan line, along with the incredible transition game that Portland brings. I thought the same thing about Saint John in 2011 storming through the Quebec League...then look what happened. Looking forward to it, should be a great tournament. Lot of respect for all teams involved.

Cfriss216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
HFX902

Thread already created.

HFX902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:39 AM
ProspectHunter

It's going to be a remarkable three team tournament. It's unfortunate that Saskatoon had such an up and down season and such a painfully bad playoff. If rest counts for something they will compete, if they win some games it's good for the home crowd but not so good for the integrity of the tournament.

ProspectHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:06 AM
HFX902

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1418149

HFX902 is offline   Reply With Quote