HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'd go for Dominic Moore to be our fourth line center. I imagine he'll be wanting to return to the league next season. He's a good veteran "character" that can move up in case of injury.
I'm pretty sure he can find a 3rd line gig somewhere, centers are always in high demand. Plus if you do that Dumont becomes odd man out.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post

Garbo isn't getting bought out, idc what anyone says. It's not happening.

I don't think the Bryz will be bought out either, just because the Flyers would have to pay something like 23 million dollars. Thats a lot of ****ing money, essentially the Flyers profit margin for a season and a half or so. Don't think the PHI owners sign off on this. Same thing with Richards. The guy played decent, not to the amount he's getting paid, but well. The guy would be paid 24 million as well. Doubt the NYR owners sign off on that either. Fleury isn't getting bought out despite his performance in the POs this year. Maybe he gets traded down the line, but no way he gets bought out.
At 5.5 cap hit playing on a 3rd line I'd say it's at least a possibility.

Phillie has holes and not much cap room, plus Bryzgalov looks like he can't handle the media pressure, it may not happen but it's a definite option right now. Regardless it has no direct impact on us.

Richards, the length of his contract is an issue, if he retires with 2-3 yaers left they could end up with penalities against the cap, much like Luongo. That plus his play puts him at risk for a buyout.

If Vokoun carries the pens to a cup, Fleury is on the trading block nad I doubt anybody takes him at taht cap hit so a buyout is possible.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'd go for Dominic Moore to be our fourth line center. I imagine he'll be wanting to return to the league next season. He's a good veteran "character" that can move up in case of injury.
There's nothing character about Dominic Moore and the fourth line is the least of Montreal's worries.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
There's nothing character about Dominic Moore and the fourth line is the least of Montreal's worries.
Seriously? That's stupidity bordering on being offensive. Of all the players in the world to say that about, you pick Moore?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle9262910/

Character is one thing he's not short on.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The thought of adding a guy like Bordeleau gives me pimples. The Habs don't need a guy who can't play hockey, they need a guy who can play 10 minutes a game, a bigger Prust-type player. They need a guy to take care of Lucic and that type of player. Do you think Lucic would drop the mits against Bordeleau? Not a chance, just like he didn't want to drop them against Laraque. What's Bordeleau going to do about it? What good will he be then? Useless.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Dagistitsyn

Please no Dupuis..

Old
05-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Why the **** people are talking about AK46? Will you guys ever learn?

Damn, I wish sometimes people would be a little bit more serious on this website. I guess it's too tough to ask.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:33 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
At 5.5 cap hit playing on a 3rd line I'd say it's at least a possibility.

Phillie has holes and not much cap room, plus Bryzgalov looks like he can't handle the media pressure, it may not happen but it's a definite option right now. Regardless it has no direct impact on us.

Richards, the length of his contract is an issue, if he retires with 2-3 yaers left they could end up with penalities against the cap, much like Luongo. That plus his play puts him at risk for a buyout.

If Vokoun carries the pens to a cup, Fleury is on the trading block nad I doubt anybody takes him at taht cap hit so a buyout is possible.
I guess it is, but he will perform better. I just think based on his effort he displayed this season near the end, I think Carlyle is more impressed based on that.

Philly for sure has holes and no cap room, but to me it's too steep of a payout that I don't see the Philly owners saying yes, buy him out.

Richards length is an issue. If he does retire early, how much of his cap hit is put against the NYR Salary cap for those years remaining on his contract? His play is not worthy of a buyout. Scott Gomez' play was.

If that is the case, Vokoun is still very old and is not the future for PIT. Who do they have in the pipeline in net that they could use to replace Vokoun in a couple years when he'll probably retire...? I think teams like TB maybe, FLA, PHX possibly if Smith doesn't bounce back, and others could seek his services. As for a buyout, he's a 5 million cap hit, plays just as good/bad as Price and only has 2 more years left. Don't think it's a buyout.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:36 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Did you just say Dominic Moore has no character? Where the **** were you during the 2010 SC Playoffs? The guy has more character than Sidney Crosby, that's for damn sure (ok, bad example maybe, but still he has a lot of character).

People on this board sometimes: (cuz 1 wasn't enough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Why the **** people are talking about AK46? Will you guys ever learn?

Damn, I wish sometimes people would be a little bit more serious on this website. I guess it's too tough to ask.
People have short memories.

I agree, and it definitely seems like a tall task for sure.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
What a dumb ****ing post.

Quote:
Richards length is an issue. If he does retire early, how much of his cap hit is put against the NYR Salary cap for those years remaining on his contract? His play is not worthy of a buyout. Scott Gomez' play was.
You haven't been over to the Rangers board, clearly.

They want him gone for way more than just length. His play is more than worthy of a buyout if you've been watching closely - he was dropped to the 4th line the other day.

Last edited by Coldplay: 05-16-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old
05-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
I remember when people wanted Bordeleau at the deadline. Glad it didn't happen then and I hope it doesn't happen this summer. The game shifted to having big guys who can also PLAY HOCKEY, not guys who'll play minimal minutes and not contribute other anything than a fight.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
05-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Seriously? That's stupidity bordering on being offensive. Of all the players in the world to say that about, you pick Moore?

Steve Moore is his brother if I'm right?

Old
05-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Steve Moore is his brother if I'm right?
Yep.

That family can't catch a break.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Please no Dupuis..
Dupuis is what this team needs IMO, plays well in both zones and can play in all situations. The only problem will be his salary with the season he just had and to be honest if it wasn't for the Penguins he would be a big 0. I'd take him but he is going to cost too much if he hits the open market and to be honest he should take a pay cut and stay in Pittsburgh

Old
05-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

They want him gone for way more than just length. His play is more than worthy of a buyout if you've been watching closely - he was dropped to the 4th line the other day.
Ok I all listening . why is Dominic Moore a character guy?

Old
05-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Quote:
Did you just say Dominic Moore has no character? Where the **** were you during the 2010 SC Playoffs? The guy has more character than Sidney Crosby, that's for damn sure (ok, bad example maybe, but still he has a lot of character).

People on this board sometimes: (cuz 1 wasn't enough)

People have short memories.

I agree, and it definitely seems like a tall task for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
wow

Dupuis is what this team needs IMO, plays well in both zones and can play in all situations. The only problem will be his salary with the season he just had and to be honest if it wasn't for the Penguins he would be a big 0. I'd take him but he is going to cost too much if he hits the open market and to be honest he should take a pay cut and stay in Pittsburgh
I figured I'd enlighten this rather unenlightened group in one post.

Moore has been with 9 teams over 9 seasons. There is a real reason for that, ask anyone who has played with him. It isn't because every team in this league wants his "Character" or his great talent. It's because one or 2 years is all teammates can stomach of him. I have reasons for saying this, so take your 's and your capitalized WOWS and stuff them.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:13 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Ok I all listening . why is Dominic Moore a character guy?
Because he's been traded a buncha times and his wife died. Clearly that means he has more character than Crosby.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The thought of adding a guy like Bordeleau gives me pimples. The Habs don't need a guy who can't play hockey, they need a guy who can play 10 minutes a game, a bigger Prust-type player. They need a guy to take care of Lucic and that type of player. Do you think Lucic would drop the mits against Bordeleau? Not a chance, just like he didn't want to drop them against Laraque. What's Bordeleau going to do about it? What good will he be then? Useless.
If that player is a good enforcer and Lucic is trying to play "bully" you give him no choice but to fight, even if you end up with an extra 2 for instigating, it's a worthwhile investment. Laraque was a great figher but poor "enforcer" because he wanted to be buddy with everybody and be the nice guy. Sometimes the "code" should go out the window.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:19 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Moore has been with 9 teams over 9 seasons. There is a real reason for that, ask anyone who has played with him. It isn't because every team in this league wants his "Character" or his great talent. It's because one or 2 years is all teammates can stomach of him. I have reasons for saying this, so take your 's and your capitalized WOWS and stuff them.
Gee, I feel so enlightened. Thank you for that clear and valuable explanation. I'm glad I had an anonymous internet poster with an axe to grind to show me the way.

Give me a break. You're not slinging mud without getting any on yourself, FYI.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

I'll leave the personal life aside for a second

His last 4-5 trades have been at the deadline. Why would teams acquire a guy with no character going into the playoffs?

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I guess it is, but he will perform better. I just think based on his effort he displayed this season near the end, I think Carlyle is more impressed based on that.

Philly for sure has holes and no cap room, but to me it's too steep of a payout that I don't see the Philly owners saying yes, buy him out.

If that is the case, Vokoun is still very old and is not the future for PIT. Who do they have in the pipeline in net that they could use to replace Vokoun in a couple years when he'll probably retire...? I think teams like TB maybe, FLA, PHX possibly if Smith doesn't bounce back, and others could seek his services. As for a buyout, he's a 5 million cap hit, plays just as good/bad as Price and only has 2 more years left. Don't think it's a buyout.

Richards is signed until 2019-20. Say he plays another 4 years and retires, that leaves 3 years of contract and 20 mil of cap hit off the books but only 3 mil in salary so NYR got 17 mil of cap "savings" they have not paid for in cap hit. I think that 17 mil would be spread over those 3 years 17-18 18-19 and 19-20 so they would have 5.67 mil of cap penality each of those 3 years. So basically losing a top 6 forward salary.

Old
NewbieOfGames

Off Season best move for habs:

Trade Carey Price for a 2nd or 3rd pick first round in 2013 draft and draft Jonathan Drouin!

So we finally have our boy from quebec and our super star the team want to build around with Subban at the defense.

XD lets keep dreaming

Old
05-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Callahan27

Quote:

If you have reasons, then say them. You can't expect anyone to take you seriously if you just say "I know this because of reasons."

Old
05-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieOfGames View Post
Off Season best move for habs:

Trade Carey Price for a 2 or 3 round pick in 2013 draft and draft Jonathan Drouin!

So we finally have our boy from quebec and our super star the team want to build around with Subban at the defense.

XD lets keep dreaming
Great idea bro, that superstar from Quebec is all that's important and having no one making saves or should we also trade for another superstar from Quebec Marc-Andre Fleury?

Old
05-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Because he's been traded a buncha times and his wife died. Clearly that means he has more character than Crosby.
Exactly. I can feel empathy for someone who has gone through real pain (Gainey, Moore, OMG Tim Bosma's wife this week almost had me reaching for the 3-plys) but character is a trait that would entice people to emulate or copy them as a moral or ethical examples.

Who here on this board can quote more than an article about Moore's dying wife as why he has character and should be in Montreal's locker room.

Closed Thread