HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2013, 07:51 AM
  #101
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'd go for Dominic Moore to be our fourth line center. I imagine he'll be wanting to return to the league next season. He's a good veteran "character" that can move up in case of injury.
I'm pretty sure he can find a 3rd line gig somewhere, centers are always in high demand. Plus if you do that Dumont becomes odd man out.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 07:59 AM
  #102
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post


Garbo isn't getting bought out, idc what anyone says. It's not happening.

I don't think the Bryz will be bought out either, just because the Flyers would have to pay something like 23 million dollars. Thats a lot of ****ing money, essentially the Flyers profit margin for a season and a half or so. Don't think the PHI owners sign off on this. Same thing with Richards. The guy played decent, not to the amount he's getting paid, but well. The guy would be paid 24 million as well. Doubt the NYR owners sign off on that either. Fleury isn't getting bought out despite his performance in the POs this year. Maybe he gets traded down the line, but no way he gets bought out.
At 5.5 cap hit playing on a 3rd line I'd say it's at least a possibility.

Phillie has holes and not much cap room, plus Bryzgalov looks like he can't handle the media pressure, it may not happen but it's a definite option right now. Regardless it has no direct impact on us.

Richards, the length of his contract is an issue, if he retires with 2-3 yaers left they could end up with penalities against the cap, much like Luongo. That plus his play puts him at risk for a buyout.

If Vokoun carries the pens to a cup, Fleury is on the trading block nad I doubt anybody takes him at taht cap hit so a buyout is possible.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:05 AM
  #103
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'd go for Dominic Moore to be our fourth line center. I imagine he'll be wanting to return to the league next season. He's a good veteran "character" that can move up in case of injury.
There's nothing character about Dominic Moore and the fourth line is the least of Montreal's worries.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
  #104
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,102
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
There's nothing character about Dominic Moore and the fourth line is the least of Montreal's worries.
Seriously? That's stupidity bordering on being offensive. Of all the players in the world to say that about, you pick Moore?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle9262910/

Character is one thing he's not short on.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:29 AM
  #105
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
The thought of adding a guy like Bordeleau gives me pimples. The Habs don't need a guy who can't play hockey, they need a guy who can play 10 minutes a game, a bigger Prust-type player. They need a guy to take care of Lucic and that type of player. Do you think Lucic would drop the mits against Bordeleau? Not a chance, just like he didn't want to drop them against Laraque. What's Bordeleau going to do about it? What good will he be then? Useless.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:29 AM
  #106
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Please no Dupuis..

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:32 AM
  #107
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Why the **** people are talking about AK46? Will you guys ever learn?

Damn, I wish sometimes people would be a little bit more serious on this website. I guess it's too tough to ask.

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:33 AM
  #108
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?
 
dmanfish90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waterloo/TOR (Sigh)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
At 5.5 cap hit playing on a 3rd line I'd say it's at least a possibility.

Phillie has holes and not much cap room, plus Bryzgalov looks like he can't handle the media pressure, it may not happen but it's a definite option right now. Regardless it has no direct impact on us.

Richards, the length of his contract is an issue, if he retires with 2-3 yaers left they could end up with penalities against the cap, much like Luongo. That plus his play puts him at risk for a buyout.

If Vokoun carries the pens to a cup, Fleury is on the trading block nad I doubt anybody takes him at taht cap hit so a buyout is possible.
I guess it is, but he will perform better. I just think based on his effort he displayed this season near the end, I think Carlyle is more impressed based on that.

Philly for sure has holes and no cap room, but to me it's too steep of a payout that I don't see the Philly owners saying yes, buy him out.

Richards length is an issue. If he does retire early, how much of his cap hit is put against the NYR Salary cap for those years remaining on his contract? His play is not worthy of a buyout. Scott Gomez' play was.

If that is the case, Vokoun is still very old and is not the future for PIT. Who do they have in the pipeline in net that they could use to replace Vokoun in a couple years when he'll probably retire...? I think teams like TB maybe, FLA, PHX possibly if Smith doesn't bounce back, and others could seek his services. As for a buyout, he's a 5 million cap hit, plays just as good/bad as Price and only has 2 more years left. Don't think it's a buyout.

dmanfish90 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:36 AM
  #109
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?
 
dmanfish90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Waterloo/TOR (Sigh)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
There's nothing character about Dominic Moore and the fourth line is the least of Montreal's worries.
Did you just say Dominic Moore has no character? Where the **** were you during the 2010 SC Playoffs? The guy has more character than Sidney Crosby, that's for damn sure (ok, bad example maybe, but still he has a lot of character).

People on this board sometimes: (cuz 1 wasn't enough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Why the **** people are talking about AK46? Will you guys ever learn?

Damn, I wish sometimes people would be a little bit more serious on this website. I guess it's too tough to ask.
People have short memories.

I agree, and it definitely seems like a tall task for sure.

dmanfish90 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:37 AM
  #110
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
There's nothing character about Dominic Moore and the fourth line is the least of Montreal's worries.
What a dumb ****ing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Richards length is an issue. If he does retire early, how much of his cap hit is put against the NYR Salary cap for those years remaining on his contract? His play is not worthy of a buyout. Scott Gomez' play was.
You haven't been over to the Rangers board, clearly.

They want him gone for way more than just length. His play is more than worthy of a buyout if you've been watching closely - he was dropped to the 4th line the other day.


Last edited by Coldplay: 05-16-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Coldplay is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:45 AM
  #111
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
I AM A MERCENARY
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,253
vCash: 133
I remember when people wanted Bordeleau at the deadline. Glad it didn't happen then and I hope it doesn't happen this summer. The game shifted to having big guys who can also PLAY HOCKEY, not guys who'll play minimal minutes and not contribute other anything than a fight.

__________________
He's got the whole world in his hands...


I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:47 AM
  #112
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Seriously? That's stupidity bordering on being offensive. Of all the players in the world to say that about, you pick Moore?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle9262910/

Character is one thing he's not short on.
Steve Moore is his brother if I'm right?

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:53 AM
  #113
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Steve Moore is his brother if I'm right?
Yep.

That family can't catch a break.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:58 AM
  #114
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
There's nothing character about Dominic Moore and the fourth line is the least of Montreal's worries.
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Please no Dupuis..
Dupuis is what this team needs IMO, plays well in both zones and can play in all situations. The only problem will be his salary with the season he just had and to be honest if it wasn't for the Penguins he would be a big 0. I'd take him but he is going to cost too much if he hits the open market and to be honest he should take a pay cut and stay in Pittsburgh

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:59 AM
  #115
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
What a dumb ****ing post.



You haven't been over to the Rangers board, clearly.

They want him gone for way more than just length. His play is more than worthy of a buyout if you've been watching closely - he was dropped to the 4th line the other day.
Ok I all listening . why is Dominic Moore a character guy?

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:12 AM
  #116
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Seriously? That's stupidity bordering on being offensive. Of all the players in the world to say that about, you pick Moore?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle9262910/

Character is one thing he's not short on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Did you just say Dominic Moore has no character? Where the **** were you during the 2010 SC Playoffs? The guy has more character than Sidney Crosby, that's for damn sure (ok, bad example maybe, but still he has a lot of character).

People on this board sometimes: (cuz 1 wasn't enough)



People have short memories.

I agree, and it definitely seems like a tall task for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
What a dumb ****ing post.



You haven't been over to the Rangers board, clearly.

They want him gone for way more than just length. His play is more than worthy of a buyout if you've been watching closely - he was dropped to the 4th line the other day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
wow



Dupuis is what this team needs IMO, plays well in both zones and can play in all situations. The only problem will be his salary with the season he just had and to be honest if it wasn't for the Penguins he would be a big 0. I'd take him but he is going to cost too much if he hits the open market and to be honest he should take a pay cut and stay in Pittsburgh
I figured I'd enlighten this rather unenlightened group in one post.

Moore has been with 9 teams over 9 seasons. There is a real reason for that, ask anyone who has played with him. It isn't because every team in this league wants his "Character" or his great talent. It's because one or 2 years is all teammates can stomach of him. I have reasons for saying this, so take your 's and your capitalized WOWS and stuff them.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:13 AM
  #117
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Ok I all listening . why is Dominic Moore a character guy?
Because he's been traded a buncha times and his wife died. Clearly that means he has more character than Crosby.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:16 AM
  #118
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The thought of adding a guy like Bordeleau gives me pimples. The Habs don't need a guy who can't play hockey, they need a guy who can play 10 minutes a game, a bigger Prust-type player. They need a guy to take care of Lucic and that type of player. Do you think Lucic would drop the mits against Bordeleau? Not a chance, just like he didn't want to drop them against Laraque. What's Bordeleau going to do about it? What good will he be then? Useless.
If that player is a good enforcer and Lucic is trying to play "bully" you give him no choice but to fight, even if you end up with an extra 2 for instigating, it's a worthwhile investment. Laraque was a great figher but poor "enforcer" because he wanted to be buddy with everybody and be the nice guy. Sometimes the "code" should go out the window.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:19 AM
  #119
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,102
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I figured I'd enlighten this rather unenlightened group in one post.

Moore has been with 9 teams over 9 seasons. There is a real reason for that, ask anyone who has played with him. It isn't because every team in this league wants his "Character" or his great talent. It's because one or 2 years is all teammates can stomach of him. I have reasons for saying this, so take your 's and your capitalized WOWS and stuff them.
Gee, I feel so enlightened. Thank you for that clear and valuable explanation. I'm glad I had an anonymous internet poster with an axe to grind to show me the way.

Give me a break. You're not slinging mud without getting any on yourself, FYI.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
  #120
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I figured I'd enlighten this rather unenlightened group in one post.

Moore has been with 9 teams over 9 seasons. There is a real reason for that, ask anyone who has played with him. It isn't because every team in this league wants his "Character" or his great talent. It's because one or 2 years is all teammates can stomach of him. I have reasons for saying this, so take your 's and your capitalized WOWS and stuff them.
I'll leave the personal life aside for a second

His last 4-5 trades have been at the deadline. Why would teams acquire a guy with no character going into the playoffs?

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
  #121
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
I guess it is, but he will perform better. I just think based on his effort he displayed this season near the end, I think Carlyle is more impressed based on that.

Philly for sure has holes and no cap room, but to me it's too steep of a payout that I don't see the Philly owners saying yes, buy him out.

Richards length is an issue. If he does retire early, how much of his cap hit is put against the NYR Salary cap for those years remaining on his contract? His play is not worthy of a buyout. Scott Gomez' play was.

If that is the case, Vokoun is still very old and is not the future for PIT. Who do they have in the pipeline in net that they could use to replace Vokoun in a couple years when he'll probably retire...? I think teams like TB maybe, FLA, PHX possibly if Smith doesn't bounce back, and others could seek his services. As for a buyout, he's a 5 million cap hit, plays just as good/bad as Price and only has 2 more years left. Don't think it's a buyout.

Richards is signed until 2019-20. Say he plays another 4 years and retires, that leaves 3 years of contract and 20 mil of cap hit off the books but only 3 mil in salary so NYR got 17 mil of cap "savings" they have not paid for in cap hit. I think that 17 mil would be spread over those 3 years 17-18 18-19 and 19-20 so they would have 5.67 mil of cap penality each of those 3 years. So basically losing a top 6 forward salary.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
  #122
NewbieOfGames
Registered User
 
NewbieOfGames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Québec, CAN
Country: Canada
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Off Season best move for habs:

Trade Carey Price for a 2nd or 3rd pick first round in 2013 draft and draft Jonathan Drouin!

So we finally have our boy from quebec and our super star the team want to build around with Subban at the defense.

XD lets keep dreaming

NewbieOfGames is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:22 AM
  #123
Callahan27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I figured I'd enlighten this rather unenlightened group in one post.

Moore has been with 9 teams over 9 seasons. There is a real reason for that, ask anyone who has played with him. It isn't because every team in this league wants his "Character" or his great talent. It's because one or 2 years is all teammates can stomach of him. I have reasons for saying this, so take your 's and your capitalized WOWS and stuff them.
If you have reasons, then say them. You can't expect anyone to take you seriously if you just say "I know this because of reasons."

Callahan27 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:23 AM
  #124
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieOfGames View Post
Off Season best move for habs:

Trade Carey Price for a 2 or 3 round pick in 2013 draft and draft Jonathan Drouin!

So we finally have our boy from quebec and our super star the team want to build around with Subban at the defense.

XD lets keep dreaming
Great idea bro, that superstar from Quebec is all that's important and having no one making saves or should we also trade for another superstar from Quebec Marc-Andre Fleury?

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:25 AM
  #125
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Because he's been traded a buncha times and his wife died. Clearly that means he has more character than Crosby.
Exactly. I can feel empathy for someone who has gone through real pain (Gainey, Moore, OMG Tim Bosma's wife this week almost had me reaching for the 3-plys) but character is a trait that would entice people to emulate or copy them as a moral or ethical examples.

Who here on this board can quote more than an article about Moore's dying wife as why he has character and should be in Montreal's locker room.

Agnostic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.