HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks Win Game 1!

Old
05-16-2013, 10:45 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Denial is a hell of a drug.
Also a river in Egypt.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
What the hell is going on?

The Hawks are 1-0 against their biggest rival in the Conference Semi-Final and people are arguing over which bottom six player is better and more valuable to the team then the other?
its what happens when you get sucked into bobbyjet's world.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:52 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:

The Hawks are 1-0 against their biggest rival in the Conference Semi-Final and people are arguing over which bottom six player is better and more valuable to the team then the other?
This board is such a mind **** some times.

Or all the time.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Chelios

Quote:

Hello! Welcome to the Hawks Board! Just a few housekeeping things to get started here. First of all you need to pick 3 players that you will absolutely hate and criticize no matter how well they play or how much evidence is against you. No need to pick right now, my suggestion is to watch 1 or 2 games (no more than 2) and base your decision on those games. You can get back to me when you have made your picks. Second, you must begin training yourself to irrationally fixate on bottom 6 players. Ignore the fact that replacing any one of them on the best team in the league is probably not going to make much of a difference, and instead come up with arguments over why one should be in the lineup over the other and so forth. Be forewarned, these discussions can become pretty intense, but remember the key is to not look at the big picture. Thirdly, I would seriously consider working on your anti-Q and/or anti-Bowman rhetoric. Those are absolutely must haves for any poster on the Hawk board. Real or imagined, fair or not, it really doesn't matter just be sure to come up with some good stuff. As with the "3 players to hate" there is no turning back once you have started criticizing. No amount of winning or good trades/signings should change your mind on either (or both) of them. Finally, ignore winning and losing... actually, on second thought, just ignore winning. You must continue to dwell on any negatives you can think of (don't worry if they seem ridiculous at first, 10 people will jump in to argue about it anyways) even when we are winning.

Keep these things in mind and you should do fine. If you want to do any studying to get some ideas, please refer to posts from Marrotte Marauder on Bolland, Blackhawkswincup on the PP or Stalberg, Bobby Jet on Kruger or toughness, or zac on Seabrook. They should give you something to aspire to in your quest to become a prototypical poster here on the Hawks board. Enjoy!

Chelios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:05 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I think Jet and MM and looking for us to reach that crest, perfect play. I think it was pretty much there last night though, give credit to Howard, could have been 6 or 7 to 1 and nobody would have even really blamed him for it.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:09 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I love hockey. I love the hawks!

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:21 AM
madgoat33

i hope we sweep or win in 5, I'll probably get banned due to force feeding detroit fans crow by the ton, but it would be sweet.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:25 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
Hello! Welcome to the Hawks Board! Just a few housekeeping things to get started here. First of all you need to pick 3 players that you will absolutely hate and criticize no matter how well they play or how much evidence is against you. No need to pick right now, my suggestion is to watch 1 or 2 games (no more than 2) and base your decision on those games. You can get back to me when you have made your picks. Second, you must begin training yourself to irrationally fixate on bottom 6 players. Ignore the fact that replacing any one of them on the best team in the league is probably not going to make much of a difference, and instead come up with arguments over why one should be in the lineup over the other and so forth. Be forewarned, these discussions can become pretty intense, but remember the key is to not look at the big picture. Thirdly, I would seriously consider working on your anti-Q and/or anti-Bowman rhetoric. Those are absolutely must haves for any poster on the Hawk board. Real or imagined, fair or not, it really doesn't matter just be sure to come up with some good stuff. As with the "3 players to hate" there is no turning back once you have started criticizing. No amount of winning or good trades/signings should change your mind on either (or both) of them. Finally, ignore winning and losing... actually, on second thought, just ignore winning. You must continue to dwell on any negatives you can think of (don't worry if they seem ridiculous at first, 10 people will jump in to argue about it anyways) even when we are winning.

Keep these things in mind and you should do fine. If you want to do any studying to get some ideas, please refer to posts from Marrotte Marauder on Bolland, Blackhawkswincup on the PP or Stalberg, Bobby Jet on Kruger or toughness, or zac on Seabrook. They should give you something to aspire to in your quest to become a prototypical poster here on the Hawks board. Enjoy!
and remember, DO NOT be objective!

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:01 PM
BobbyJet

If you want to take the easy way out. You can just join the rosey crowd. There's an abundance that will support you, where Stan is perfect, every decision Q makes must be good, Kane never takes risks. Kruger gets better every single moment of every single game, Crawford does not let in soft goals, we dominate ops on a regular basis. We are too talented to worry about getting banged around, winning face-offs. Finishing checks is irrelevant for this team and we certainly don'r need any large bodies on the 4th line or anywhere else for that matter. nor do we need to worry about taking ops out from our crease... too much talent to get dirty, and of course the SC is as good as ours. Ask any of them.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I think Jet and MM and looking for us to reach that crest, perfect play. I think it was pretty much there last night though, give credit to Howard, could have been 6 or 7 to 1 and nobody would have even really blamed him for it.
I think they will relish the opportunity to say "ha ha, told ya so" when/if the Hawks lose a series.

I think they will also be happy if certain players falter so they can say "ha ha, told ya so"

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
If you want to take the easy way out. You can just join the rosey crowd. There's an abundance that will support you, where Stan is perfect, every decision Q makes must be good, Kane never takes risks. Kruger gets better every single moment of every single game, Crawford does not let in soft goals, we dominate ops on a regular basis. We are too talented to worry about getting banged around, winning face-offs. Finishing checks is irrelevant for this team and we certainly don'r need any large bodies on the 4th line or anywhere else for that matter. nor do we need to worry about taking ops out from our crease... too much talent to get dirty, and of course the SC is as good as ours. Ask any of them.
Better than being a negative nancy 95% of the time.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
The Wings were hemmed in their zone for a period and a half. What more do you need to see? Honestly that was more domination than almost ever happened in the regular season.
Yes, the Hawks dominated the flow of the game and puck pursuit, forechecking etc were all there but until Oduya decided to creep in from the point and Krugers right place right time goal it was starting to feel like one of those games where we outshot a team by a wide margin, their goalie stands on his head and then Crawdaddy lets in a softie and we lose 2-1.

When I say A game look at the goals scored other than Hossa's nice one timer goal on the PP we didn't score any goals quick off the rush or have any good movement at all on the PP which were used to by now but if you let the Wings hang around too long it gives them a chance. I'm just saying in a weird way were lucky to win that game just cuz it's Detroit and they're always dangerous.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:10 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Right now, the way the team is playing is just fine. The things you talk about do concern me against the Kings though. They look stout this playoffs. Still, we worry about that when we get there. San Jose already took out Stoll, another injury or two and it won't even be the same team.

Old
05-16-2013, 12:13 PM
hawksfan50

Whay do you mean the bottom six forwatds are not worthy of being fixated on because all can be easily replaced?How wuickly upu forgot the 2 years in the eilderness afyer our Cup year...it was turnover in the bottom six and in the bottom 3 of the D corps that krpt is from succeefong- early playoff exits..Now we are vaunted in our depth..so it IS CRUCIAL to have the right mix and ability on these bottom parts of the team andso getting fixated on maintaining that depth level is every bit as worthy of discussion as fixating on any of our top six forwards or top 3 D...if thos noatd only fixated on Kane Sharp Toews Hossa Saad amd one other top soxer. ..or on only Keith Hammer or Seabrook, then I tjonk wr woulf ne out of the playoffs...

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Chelios

Quote:
BobbyJet brings up another point that I forgot to mention in my orientation information: everything is black and white. There is no gray. For example, you cannot say that Q is overall a good coach, but occasionally can make a bad decision. He is either the best coach of all time who's every decision is perfect (as Bobbyjet pointed out), or the worst coach in Blackhawks history who's every decision should be questioned no matter how big or small. Thanks for reminding me BobbyJet, I will be sure to update the orientation packet.

Old
05-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

bobby, we just beat the Wings 4-1 with the guys that played over Stalberg registered a goal or an assist.

What Q has done ended up being the right decision for game 1

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Marina
#freemorin

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Whay do you mean the bottom six forwatds are not worthy of being fixated on because all can be easily replaced?How wuickly upu forgot the 2 years in the eilderness afyer our Cup year...it was turnover in the bottom six and in the bottom 3 of the D corps that krpt is from succeefong- early playoff exits..Now we are vaunted in our depth..so it IS CRUCIAL to have the right mix and ability on these bottom parts of the team andso getting fixated on maintaining that depth level is every bit as worthy of discussion as fixating on any of our top six forwards or top 3 D...if thos noatd only fixated on Kane Sharp Toews Hossa Saad amd one other top soxer. ..or on only Keith Hammer or Seabrook, then I tjonk wr woulf ne out of the playoffs...
Obviously depth is important, I don't think anyone was saying otherwise, it just gets tedious when people act like one bottom six guy sitting for one game is going to make or break the team.

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
BobbyJet brings up another point that I forgot to mention in my orientation information: everything is black and white. There is no gray. For example, you cannot say that Q is overall a good coach, but occasionally can make a bad decision. He is either the best coach of all time who's every decision is perfect (as Bobbyjet pointed out), or the worst coach in Blackhawks history who's every decision should be questioned no matter how big or small. Thanks for reminding me BobbyJet, I will be sure to update the orientation packet.
Don't forget to include the most important example.

Kruger is either God's gift to hockey or the worst hockey player to ever touch NHL ice.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Better than being a negative nancy 95% of the time.

Hawkscap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:38 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
I'm not sure if it's always been this way and I've just never really noticed before, but it seems like this board has been god awful lately.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
I'm not sure if it's always been this way and I've just never really noticed before, but it seems like this board has been god awful lately.
Honestly, I feel like it has gone down hill since we won the cup. I don't know if it is the expectations, fans just being spoiled or what, but the negativity around here seems to have just snowballed in the last few years.

Old
05-16-2013, 03:19 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Honestly, I feel like it has gone down hill since we won the cup. I don't know if it is the expectations, fans just being spoiled or what, but the negativity around here seems to have just snowballed in the last few years.
Well, the last two years were a ****ing disgrace, moreso last year than the previous one. It was a very long fall off the mountain top and very abrupt.

However, things are going good right now, it's time to savor it and have fun with it.

Another thing, it's ok to be critical and disagree with some of the things the team is doing but it should be delivered in the right way. Lastly, and this is really important IMO, don't pile on someone like a pack of hyenas for disagreeing with you or being negative about something. It makes it so much worse and is the biggest problem, negativity wise, with this board. As long as that element exists, the negativity will exist in full force, even if those particular people are not directly generating any of it at all.

Old
05-16-2013, 03:24 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Stop being so wrong then

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 03:37 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Im here for the entertainment. Its pretty entertaining. A lot of soild stuff. A lot of fluff. A lot of junk. I dont pay much attention to the junk. Junk in my trunk. Better than other places.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 03:37 PM
KyleJRM

The euphoric glow of the Cup has made people forget how much negativity that team drew most of the season.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote