HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern Semifinal: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators PT II

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 01:13 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Brooks Orpik is what he is...you don't have to apologize for him. I am sure he is proud of his style of hockey, he learnt from the best, a certain guy on your team. He is nothing like Kronwall. Kronwall doesn't act tough, he just hits people.

Little Cory Conacher? Come on now...

You guys have 1 bear.
You realise Orpik was on this team since 2003, Cooke didn't get here till 2008. Kronwall is much more of a spot picker than Orpik, Kronwall mostly goes for big hits when a guy's head down and he's exiting the zone. Orpik actually hits people all the time and I don't see why that means he has to drop the gloves with a much better fighter in Neil. Does that mean that Neil should fight Big Mac just because he asked him to?

Old
05-16-2013, 01:13 PM
wingnutks

Easiest way to beat the Pens is to spend the entire game in their zone. The more time spent outside of their zone, the lower your chances are for victory.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:14 PM
ByeBye

It just needs one troll that comments on a GIF from a few pages ago to start this crap again. Just don't feed it and we can maybe keep talking hockey.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:15 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Why we heff to talk bears?

Old
05-16-2013, 01:15 PM
shizno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
Similar to Cooke good old Orpik loves the stick work, cross checks, facewashes, chirping etc... however when it's time to pay the price they both absolutely refuse to drop the gloves....complete cowards if you ask me, probably the saddest type of player in the sport really and no matter what team they play for i hate this player....glad ruutu and anyone of his ilk are gone from the Sens for this exact reason!
False, Cooke will drop when it's needed. There was nothing to answer for when he sliced the heel.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:19 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Bleh, still another day to go.

Anyone know any good limericks?

Old
05-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
Easiest way to beat the Pens is to spend the entire game in their zone. The more time spent outside of their zone, the lower your chances are for victory.
Yeah but how do you do that? By hitting Orpik? That was not why you guys gave us fits. It was because the Islanders outcoached Bylsma and took away the passing lanes for those stretch passes, and had the speed to go the other way. Then you outworked the Pens, and out speeded them, to the loose pucks in the offensive zone. Did hitting have anything at all to do with the Islander success in that series?

That is why all this talk of having to hit the Pens as the secret weapon to beat the Pens is puzzling to me.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:20 PM
shizno

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
You realise Orpik was on this team since 2003, Cooke didn't get here till 2008. Kronwall is much more of a spot picker than Orpik, Kronwall mostly goes for big hits when a guy's head down and he's exiting the zone. Orpik actually hits people all the time and I don't see why that means he has to drop the gloves with a much better fighter in Neil. Does that mean that Neil should fight Big Mac just because he asked him to?
We all saw what happened last time Big Mac stood infront of Neil. Tail right between the legs. It should be Crosby fighting Neil after all!

Old
05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
NastyNick

Quote:
Similar to Cooke good old Orpik loves the stick work, cross checks, facewashes, chirping etc... however when it's time to pay the price they both absolutely refuse to drop the gloves....complete cowards if you ask me, probably the saddest type of player in the sport really and no matter what team they play for i hate this player....glad ruutu and anyone of his ilk are gone from the Sens for this exact reason!
Wonder if this happened before or after Neil punched Crosby in the jaw.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:

Funny. When Steve MacIntyre challenged Chris Neil, it looked like Chris Neil was going to **** his pants.

Chris Neil picks his spots occasionally.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

This thread has turned into Penguins fans telling you why NOTHING will work against their team. At least it's entertaining. Something to read on the off days.

They're bigger, better, faster, stronger.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
shizno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Yeah but how do you do that? By hitting Orpik? That was not why you guys gave us fits. It was because the Islanders outcoached Bylsma and took away the passing lanes for those stretch passes, and had the speed to go the other way. Then you outworked the Pens, and out speeded them, to the loose pucks in the offensive zone. Did hitting have anything at all to do with the Islander success in that series?

That is why all this talk of having to hit the Pens as the secret weapon to beat the Pens is puzzling to me.
The isles did NOT "out coach Byslma". 1: It's up to the players to execuet, it's not Dans fault Letang or Geno will make retarded passes. Yea he could sit them but then that could backfire. 2: He made big adjustments mid series and closed it out. Oh wait I guess he read HFB and learned what to do with the lines...silly Dan!

Old
05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
wingnutks

Quote:

I never said hitting had anything do with it.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:26 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
This thread has turned into Penguins fans telling you why NOTHING will work against their team. At least it's entertaining. Something to read on the off days.

pretty sure they have better hair to.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:26 PM
NastyNick

Its amazing to think that Malkin dominated in 2009 playing with Max Talbot and Ruslan Fedetenko. Now hes got James Neal and Jarome Iginla. Yikes...

Old
05-16-2013, 01:28 PM
NastyNick

Quote:

1. Injure Vokoun

Old
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
pretty sure they have better hair to.
They do.

We have Alfie's hair, which is bringing everyone else down.

Old
shizno

Quote:

Actually, outside an well trained trapping team, speed and perhaps a good forecheck is the only thing that seems to work against the Pens when the goalie isn't gifting goals.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
I never said hitting had anything do with it.
I wasn't responding to you per se.

I just keep hearing about how the key to undermining the Pens is hitting. There were lessons to take from the Islander series, and I am sure that Ottawa, who has a great coach, will take those lessons and use them. But hitting has zero to do with it. Just not the kryptonite for a team built like the Pens are built. But the Islanders did expose how to beat them, and I am certain every team that they play until they are knocked out will employ some of those things.

Old
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWells16 View Post
Only one of those is a penalty.

Cooke has 13 fights to his name; Orpik has fought 8 times. Are they enforcers? No, but that's not their job. There's also no reason to pretend like Neil was a saint there either. Both of them acted foolish, and they both deserved matching minors.
Well technically they all could be, (slashing, misconduct for using a racist term, hit to head/fight)No doubt they were both at fault i just get tired of the fake tough guys....don't bother acting like one or do something when the time to be a tough guys presents itself

Old
shizno

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
Its amazing to think that Malkin dominated in 2009 playing with Max Talbot and Ruslan Fedetenko. Now hes got James Neal and Jarome Iginla. Yikes...
Too bad he has a bum shoulder, this could've been simply magic

Old
05-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

Huh? I said very specifically what the Pens are vulnerable to. It just is not hitting. I actually picked the Senators to win the series in 7 if you look up, and have called the Pens the underdogs. I am going to stick with that assessment at least for now. Let's see how game 2 goes. The Pens dominated the Islanders in game 1 as well, but after that the Islanders outplayed the Pens for most of their series. So one more good game one is not enough for me to move my opinion yet.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Pghkev
#47 FATTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Funny. When Steve MacIntyre challenged Chris Neil, it looked like Chris Neil was going to **** his pants.

Chris Neil picks his spots occasionally.
I love how Sens fans all ignore posts on Neil backing down form MacIntyre. What a joke of a tough guy Neil is. He backed away last game from Murray as well, but he dang sure will go with Joe Vitale!!LOL Pathetic

Old
05-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghkev View Post
I love how Sens fans all ignore posts on Neil backing down form MacIntyre. What a joke of a tough guy Neil is. He backed away last game from Murray as well, but he dang sure will go with Joe Vitale!!LOL Pathetic
Yes, yes, Neil never fights fighters. You're absolutely correct. We all bow down to the toughness of the Pens team.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Huh? I said very specifically what the Pens are vulnerable to. It just is not hitting. I actually picked the Senators to win the series in 7 if you look up, and have called the Pens the underdogs. I am going to stick with that assessment at least for now. Let's see how game 2 goes. The Pens dominated the Islanders in game 1 as well, but after that the Islanders outplayed the Pens for most of their series. So one more good game one is not enough for me to move my opinion yet.
I can't take anyone seriously who honestly believes the Pens are the underdogs in a series like this.

Sorry.

Closed Thread