HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2011 NHL ReDraft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2013, 01:48 PM
  #401
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
He just finished 1st in scoring for the Bulldogs and was also named player of the year for them . No need to remind you that he did that while being a rookie in the AHL ...
That's all well and good, but none of that makes him better than Oleksiak.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:55 PM
  #402
RSeen
Registered User
 
RSeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
I still take Larsson quite easily at #4. He has been put in a defensive role by the coaching staff this season and has improved his defensive game a ton. Also he has shown a physical side to his game, which I think is great. He had no PP time at all this season. I expect to see a big step forward once he gets PP time next season or whenever it is.

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:57 PM
  #403
Scuba-Steve
Registered User
 
Scuba-Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Québec
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
That's all well and good, but none of that makes him better than Oleksiak.
I never said he was . But honestly i have never watched Oleksiak play and i must say that is size + the stats he put in the AHL looks really good !

Scuba-Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:03 PM
  #404
EveryDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
That's all well and good, but none of that makes him better than Oleksiak.
He was better in the NHL...

16gp--0-2-2 -5 and 11 SOG ---14:50
6gp---0-2-2 +5 and 8 SOG----15:22

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:05 PM
  #405
Chaos
#1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,838
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
He was better in the NHL...

16gp--0-2-2 -5 and 11 SOG ---14:50
6gp---0-2-2 +5 and 8 SOG----15:22
Quite the sample sizes you are using to base your point on.

__________________
Chaos is always right.

-Vagrant
Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:27 PM
  #406
EveryDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Quite the sample sizes you are using to base your point on.
You want me to compare the junior Stats as well?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 03:06 PM
  #407
Chaos
#1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,838
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
You want me to compare the junior Stats as well?
Not comparable. They played in different leagues, with different roles on their teams, with different backgrounds.

Besides, it takes more than just looking at the stat sheet to judge a player.

Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:54 PM
  #408
Stej
Registered User
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
How can we "Re-draft" the 2011 draft when half of the players haven't even hit the NHL yet?
The same way the NHL can hold their actual draft before ANY of the players have hit the NHL. I've never understood why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp. All these players have been playing some form of hockey for the past 2 years. There's nothing saying they can't be judged on those 2 years, no matter the level.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:04 AM
  #409
rodc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I think RNH is the better player, but I have seen what bad shoulders can do to a player, and it doesn't bode well for his future. That's why I have Huberdeau above RNH.
I have to agree I do also think Huberdeau is the better player............wait till MacKinnon arives!!

rodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:35 PM
  #410
ps241
Free Willy
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 15,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
That may happen. But I think Brayden is quite capable of being a good centerman in this league, and between all 3 giroux included, there is a lot of looks you can through on the ice together.
Jtown why did they not bump Couturier to the 3rd line? The first season this plan looked great but this last season I was left scratching my head a bit? I read about the win today mentality and for the most part all teams are in a similar position unless their year becomes a write off.

I have seen Flyer fans comment that they hope Coots will be 2nd line centre and Schenn would get moved to the wing but woouldn't it make more sense to have the two as 2nd and 3rd line centers this season and let them compete?

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:40 PM
  #411
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 8,750
vCash: 500
Jenner was originally ranked around 25th. I think that's a fairly accurate assessment of where he would go in a redraft.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:44 PM
  #412
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Jenner was originally ranked around 25th. I think that's a fairly accurate assessment of where he would go in a redraft.
I knew I forgot someone. I'd actually put him higher than that, probably slot him in ahead of Armia on my list

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:45 PM
  #413
Erikfromfin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 500
Year from now armia will be in most lists

Erikfromfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:54 PM
  #414
KidLine93
Registered User
 
KidLine93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
He's had one concussion. It something to monitor, but RNH has missed chunks of his first two seasons with the same shoulder. I would find that more concerning than Landeskogs head.
Landeskog also missed the WJHC with injuries in his draft year, but everyone forgets about that too..

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 01:14 PM
  #415
KidLine93
Registered User
 
KidLine93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Best defenceman coming from this draft:

1-Brodin
2-Hamilton
3-Larsson
4-Beaulieu
5-Oleksiak
6-Morrow
7-Kelfbom
8-Siemens
9-Ouellet
10-Harrington
Siemens is terrible..I'd take Harrington and Ouellet over him in a heartbeat

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:05 PM
  #416
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 13,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
No love for Armia? Best shot out of the draft imo. consistency is the issue but when he is on he dominates. Everyone saw what he did to canada at the U20. Nobody thinks he is a riser? I've seen him drop on a few lists and I'm confused.
I'd bet very few non-Finnish posters have even watvhrd him outside of the WJC. Id also bet his stock rises next year when he shows why he can do in Rochester/Buffalo.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:13 PM
  #417
Kezia
Chicken Denim
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Posts: 26,845
vCash: 50
Dat 2011 draft. Lots of quality coming from it.

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:49 PM
  #418
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,772
vCash: 500
How the hell does everyone forget about Joel Armia? He's one of the best players not playing in North America right now.

Boone Jenner ahead of him? Come on. Klefbom too? Guy doesn't even get on the scoresheet.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:54 PM
  #419
BackhandToeyJoey
Registered User
 
BackhandToeyJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
suggests us to watch a 7-10 game span or whatever it was to judge who's the better player^^

most people taking huberdeau over RNH have been because of RNH having shoulder issues and it sometimes affect the whole career.

however, thinking RNH>Huberdeau "AINEC" isn't that accurate. RNH have a better support cast in Oilers, however, RNH might be the better player now but down the road in 10 years I'm not too sure.
Refer to Ryan's first 9 games to Jon's.

It isn't about the supporting cast. Why people bring that up, I don't know. Are you suggesting that the Oil pick Jon > Ryan? Because if Florida landed Nuge, they would be a better team. No doubt.

BackhandToeyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:45 AM
  #420
Serpico4ever
Registered User
 
Serpico4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 500
Huburdeau

RNH
Scheifele

Landeskog
Larsson
Strome
Hamilton
Couturier

Zibanejad
Brodin

I have no idea if this was supposed to be a who's best right now thing or who's gonna be best in the future, but I went with best overall over time, which is why I have Strome so high. I think Huburdeau is awesome and will be the best overall. RNH is great, but I was shocked he did so well in his first year. I think he definitely came back down to earth a little, but will level out as a Krejci type talent.

I'd take any and all of these guys. This'll be one of those super drafts.

Also, I think Ty Rattie will be a great player and was picked far later than he deserved.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:04 AM
  #421
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandToeyJoey View Post
Refer to Ryan's first 9 games to Jon's.

It isn't about the supporting cast. Why people bring that up, I don't know. Are you suggesting that the Oil pick Jon > Ryan? Because if Florida landed Nuge, they would be a better team. No doubt.
i don't doubt RNH:s talent level or anything. of course the support cast matters. Huberdeau is a playmaker and he played with people who had 3.1 and 6.1 shooting %. Huberdeau also had hip surgery this off-season.

however, i think its too early to judge, both players seems to end up beign amazing players, however i prefer huberdeau because florida drafted him, i dont really care who ends up the better player because both players seem to end up awesome.

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:38 AM
  #422
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
i don't doubt RNH:s talent level or anything. of course the support cast matters. Huberdeau is a playmaker and he played with people who had 3.1 and 6.1 shooting %. Huberdeau also had hip surgery this off-season.

however, i think its too early to judge, both players seems to end up beign amazing players, however i prefer huberdeau because florida drafted him, i dont really care who ends up the better player because both players seem to end up awesome.
Aaaand you're done here.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:30 PM
  #423
Screeech
Registered User
 
Screeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Huburdeau

RNH
Scheifele

Landeskog
Larsson
Strome
Hamilton
Couturier

Zibanejad
Brodin

I have no idea if this was supposed to be a who's best right now thing or who's gonna be best in the future, but I went with best overall over time, which is why I have Strome so high. I think Huburdeau is awesome and will be the best overall. RNH is great, but I was shocked he did so well in his first year. I think he definitely came back down to earth a little, but will level out as a Krejci type talent.

I'd take any and all of these guys. This'll be one of those super drafts.

Also, I think Ty Rattie will be a great player and was picked far later than he deserved.
Scheifele 3rd?, Krejci type talent?, but i agree with Ty Rattie

Screeech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
  #424
ps241
Free Willy
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 15,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs2711 View Post
Scheifele 3rd?, Krejci type talent?, but i agree with Ty Rattie
Habs you don't think RNH has the potential to play at a Krejci level at some point? Not trolling just curious?

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 02:13 PM
  #425
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,707
vCash: 500
I think krejci has some nastiness to his game which I dont think nuge will ever develop.

KapG is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.