HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Sang.

Old
09-29-2006, 11:20 AM
seanaynay
One in a Milan

vCash: 500
Bobby Sang.

When do you feel he makes the team? 2008/09

What kind of player is he? Do you guys liek that pick?

seanaynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Edge

I think he's gotta play out his junior eligability and then play a season in the AHL before he makes a serious challange for a roster spot, but that's as of right now.

Depending on how he develops this year will go a long way in setting a slightly more reliable time table.

He's an offensive forward who could be very useful in the new NHL.

He's not as one dimensional as he's been labeled, I think his problems come from that he is still learning the physical aspects of the game and maturing physically. If he can learn those aspects, the physical side will take care of itself and he'll be in good shape. But that is the main area to watch right now.

I personally like the pick, especially for where he was taken. He's got some issues he needs to work on. I think he's got a higher upside than other prospects, but he's also got more pieces that need to fall into place. But at the 21 spot where he was drafted, you really can't hope for a better shot at getting a player.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 01:21 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think he's gotta play out his junior eligability and then play a season in the AHL before he makes a serious challange for a roster spot, but that's as of right now.

Depending on how he develops this year will go a long way in setting a slightly more reliable time table.

He's an offensive forward who could be very useful in the new NHL.

He's not as one dimensional as he's been labeled, I think his problems come from that he is still learning the physical aspects of the game and maturing physically. If he can learn those aspects, the physical side will take care of itself and he'll be in good shape. But that is the main area to watch right now.

I personally like the pick, especially for where he was taken. He's got some issues he needs to work on. I think he's got a higher upside than other prospects, but he's also got more pieces that need to fall into place. But at the 21 spot where he was drafted, you really can't hope for a better shot at getting a player.
dont u mean offensive dman

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:59 AM
NYR469

i think he's gonna turn out to be a good pick cause as he fills out alot of the flaws in his game are gonna go away. the big knock is his lack of physical play but the big reason for that is he was like 160lbs last year...as he bulks up it'll become less of an issue.

if he adds strength this year than next year he could be in a similar situation as staal this year where you wish he could go to hartford but the rules force him back to juniors

i'd put 2009 as a tentative target, that gives him this year and next in juniors (till he turns 20) followed by 6-12 months in hartford depending on if you see him toward the end of the 08-09 season or start of the 09-10 season

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:17 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Hey fellas...

2 goals and 2 assists for Bobby S. last night.

5 goals and 4 assists in 4 games!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Speedtrials

Agreed with what everyone has said so far. It is definintly going to take a few years till he has a roster spot with the Rangers, which is fine. We already have some young defenders emerging, and I think it will be easy to fill in the rest with some veteran defensemen. While Bobby might have been a risk in the top 10-15 at 21 you can't blame the Rangers for picking him. It is nice to see we finally have some depth at goalie, and defense. It seems like years since that has been the case.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hey fellas...

2 goals and 2 assists for Bobby S. last night.

5 goals and 4 assists in 4 games!
For what team?

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:31 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
For what team?
His junior team.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:54 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
For what team?
OHL... Owen Sound....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
dont u mean offensive dman
Must be losing it.....

Old
09-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
i think he's gonna turn out to be a good pick cause as he fills out alot of the flaws in his game are gonna go away. the big knock is his lack of physical play but the big reason for that is he was like 160lbs last year...as he bulks up it'll become less of an issue.

if he adds strength this year than next year he could be in a similar situation as staal this year where you wish he could go to hartford but the rules force him back to juniors

i'd put 2009 as a tentative target, that gives him this year and next in juniors (till he turns 20) followed by 6-12 months in hartford depending on if you see him toward the end of the 08-09 season or start of the 09-10 season
I think what you've pointed out REALLY nails it on the head. What I noticed last year was that he wasn't physically ready to handle certain areas of the game, so when he'd try to use his body it didn't work so well and as a result he'd avoid it and it made life mroe difficult. As he gets stronger, and if he works at it, I do believe he can overcome that flaw and get better. He'll never be a monster but it wouldn't be a problem.

His frame is built to carry a solid 195-205 pounds right now. If he grows a little more, maybe even up to about 210.

Like a lot of the other Rangers 06 picks, he's going to take time. Physically he still has a lot of maturing and that will help his overall game mature.

But for the 21st pick in the draft, he's as good as they come. The key for him will be time. I don't think this is going to be another Marc Staal where he shoots through the ranks. Could be wrong, but I think he's got further to go. But this year will give a better idea.