HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

World Hockey Championships Talk (Kristo, Galchenyuk, Bozon, Diaz, Plekanec, Subban)

Old
05-16-2013, 01:36 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If you think Statsny is better than Plekanec, you are certainly underrating him.
I think they're different players

If given the choice of having a combination of Statsny/Eller/Galchenyuk down the middle next year as opposed to Plekanec/Eller/Galchenyuk

I would take the former

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Pleks' track record of shutting down players like Krejci in the playoffsspeaks volumes more than one series where he was pretty seriously injured.
Turris also ended up with the same amount of points as Plekanec in that series despite the better wingers.

So no, Plekanec wasn't actually dominated even if he wasn't particularly good. He was still probably our second best forward in that series behind Bourque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think they're different players

If given the choice of having a combination of Statsny/Eller/Galchenyuk down the middle next year as opposed to Plekanec/Eller/Galchenyuk

I would take the former
They play similar roles and yet despite Statsny's pedigree, he has declined worse than Plekanec and is even more inconsistent.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Pleks' track record of shutting down players like Krejci in the playoffsspeaks volumes more than one series where he was pretty seriously injured.
When did that happen?

Anyways...not sure what that has to do with what I said. I'm not trying to knock Plekanec, he's a good player just wouldn't be opposed if the Habs headed in a different direction given how Lars Eller played this year, and how Galchenyuk will eventually force his way into the rotation at center.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Turris also ended up with the same amount of points as Plekanec in that series despite the better wingers.

So no, Plekanec wasn't actually dominated even if he wasn't particularly good. He was still probably our second best forward in that series behind Bourque.

They play similar roles and yet despite Statsny's pedigree, he has declined worse than Plekanec and is even more inconsistent.
Well I think he's playing (Stastny) in a role that he probably shouldn't (checking role) which could explain his drop in production

But the key here IMO, is there's 1 more year left on Statsny's deal...

I don't expect this to be a popular opinion, but one for one, I'd do that trade in a mili-second.

Old
05-16-2013, 01:41 PM
habdynasty

Dirty hit Edler, time to make em pay on this pp

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Et le But

Quote:
When did that happen?

Anyways...not sure what that has to do with what I said. I'm not trying to knock Plekanec, he's a good player just wouldn't be opposed if the Habs headed in a different direction given how Lars Eller played this year, and how Galchenyuk will eventually force his way into the rotation at center.
Krejci had 1 point in 7 games in the 2011 playoffs. He then proceded to be the Bruins highest scoring forward in the playoffs. Guess who was guarding him.

I get you want to trade him, I just don't understand what Statsny would give us that's any different.

Quote:
Well I think he's playing (Stastny) in a role that he probably shouldn't (checking role) which could explain his drop in production

But the key here IMO, is there's 1 more year left on Statsny's deal...

I don't expect this to be a popular opinion, but one for one, I'd do that trade in a mili-second.
You do realize he'd play the same role here unless we move Desharnais, right?

So both Stastny and Plekanec give us 50 points in a checking role. Considering neither team is interested in a straight swap, I don't see how Stastny being slightly better in a pure scoring role would help us without also moving Desharnais. And even then we might as well just use Galchenyuk for said scoring role.

Without reconstructing this team in general, the only advantages I see for Statsny on this team is that he's a few years younger, 1' taller and North American.

The contract part, fair enough, but I don't think we need that sort of cap space ASAP when Gionta and Markov are coming off the books soon enough.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:44 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Chucky is at least as comfortable on the right as he is on the left. Bourque can be bumped down the depth chart, which would be a good thing for the team. That said, I expect Elias will retire a Devil... but if he gets to the open market, he'd be a pretty great addition.
Umm how do you know this? Secondly I disagree, Bourque was playing INCREDIBLE before he went down with a concussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
This is just funny... Yes, every game. Watch one and stop letting couple of ES assists tell you the story

SLOW... and we're talking on a Bruin's team! You do realize our team is built on speed, right?
LOL okay. I've watched almost all of them. A couple is not 4 assists. Nevertheless the guy would play the same amount of minutes on our team and would still be able to produce. How do you then excuse the 35 PTS he scored in 45 GP between TWO TEAMS (Dallas & Boston)? All luck?

Yes he's slow. But you don't seem to think he's strong on the puck and an excellent passer? Don't forget how dangerous he would be on the PP.

But hey you seem to have this obscure opinion of Jags because...?

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Krejci had 1 point in 7 games in the 2011 playoffs. He then proceded to be the Bruins highest scoring forward in the playoffs. Guess who was guarding him.

I get you want to trade him, I just don't understand what Statsny would give us that's any different.
Ahh yes...I was wondering what year he was referring too since I recall Krejci having a monster playoff season that year. I guess all those points came after the series vs the Habs.

Like I said, he's a good player who brings solid defensive value when he's on his game, but let's stop acting like he's a Selke caliber forward because he's not.

He's also miscast in MTL as a #1 center...which doesn't help him

Old
05-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Zam Boni

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Dirty hit Edler, time to make em pay on this pp
Call my biased, but I dont think it was exceptionally dirty, rather careless. Definitely a penalty though.

Zam Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:48 PM
ccgg

#76 is good. Very good.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
24rings

Subban BEASTING in the 1st period

24rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DenverHabsFan

Love it when Subban carries the play the way he just did.

After watching Edler blow Staal's knee, I just hope none of our players get hurt.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Umm how do you know this? Secondly I disagree, Bourque was playing INCREDIBLE before he went down with a concussion.
Regarding Chucky on RW - he played some of his best games with the Habs on the right. RW was also his primary position in Sarnia this season.

I wouldn't say "incredible," but I do think that Bourque is a very good player when on his game. I don't see how you can argue that bumping a talented, inconsistent player down the depth chart is a bad thing. The best teams in the league have a skilled top 9.

BTW, Bourque has also played some RW. There are plenty of options that allow for the addition of a top LW like Elias.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:53 PM
poetryinmotion

In one period I think Subban just became a lock for 2014.

His second shift he got caught on the boards trying to half ass a hit/play-the-puck and he hesitated which gave Sweden some pressure time in Canada's zone but I'll give him a pass, just dont do it again Subby that was uncharacteristic of ya!

Besides that one mistake he has been the usual best player on D, amazing rushes, etc.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Davebo
BeepBeep!

PK makes the big ice surface look smaller when he's rushing the puck, doesn't he?

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
No room for Elias. He would have to play Centre on some other line or LW on some other line, and that means moving somebody out of their position. Jagr is a good choice, even at 5 million. But only if MB thinks this team can make the playoffs again.
How is there no room for Elias but room for Jagr?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:55 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Regarding Chucky on RW - he played some of his best games with the Habs on the right. RW was also his primary position in Sarnia this season.

I wouldn't say "incredible," but I do think that Bourque is a very good player when on his game. I don't see how you can argue that bumping a talented, inconsistent player down the depth chart is a bad thing. The best teams in the league have a skilled top 9.

BTW, Bourque has also played some RW. There are plenty of options that allow for the addition of a top LW like Elias.
I don't remember him playing on the RW with the Habs at all, although it is possible.

As for Bourque, incredible I definitely exaggerated. He played well and was on his game and I would bump him down actually. Bourque has played RW for sure. Yeah lets sign Elias, but I don't think he'll ask for 5 million? Unless i'm wrong here...

Old
05-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
5x better defensively?

Is that why he let Kyle Turris abuse him all series long vs the Sens?

plekanec is a good player...but again, he's overrated by Habs fans.
When did Turris abuse Plekanec? I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:57 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
PK makes the big ice surface look smaller when he's rushing the puck, doesn't he?
He does that on NHL surface so I imagine it's even easier on Olympic ice. The Swedish players looked foolish as he skated circles around them.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:57 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Love it when Subban carries the play the way he just did.

After watching Edler blow Staal's knee, I just hope none of our players get hurt.
That hit on E.Staal reminds one, of the same E.Staal's knee on knee hit on Andrei Markov weeks after his return two years ago. The one that put Markov back on LTIR for the best part of the next year, Karma is a ***** isn't it. Too bad that Staal was the captain for Team Canada,not to mention his team in the NHL.

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:58 PM
jedimyrmidon

PK = only guy able to get the puck into the Ozone and keep it there!

Best player on the PP by far.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
When did Turris abuse Plekanec? I think you have no idea what you're talking about.
Turris vs Plekanec was a matchup I watched all season and I thought Turris was much better than Plekanec in the Sens series.

It's just one series though, doesn't mean more than that in the grand scheme of things

But again, let's not act like Plekanec, for all his defensive smarts, is a great defensive player. He's not.

Plekanec is good at alot of things, but doesn't excel at one particular aspect. Jack of all trades, master of none (with all due respect to Plek)

Old
05-16-2013, 02:05 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:

LOL okay. I've watched almost all of them. A couple is not 4 assists. Nevertheless the guy would play the same amount of minutes on our team and would still be able to produce. How do you then excuse the 35 PTS he scored in 45 GP between TWO TEAMS (Dallas & Boston)? All luck?

Yes he's slow. But you don't seem to think he's strong on the puck and an excellent passer? Don't forget how dangerous he would be on the PP.

But hey you seem to have this obscure opinion of Jags because...?
I said a couple of ES points.
And yes, I realize he can protect the puck well and can pass a puck. He better be able to do something if he's still around.

Sticking with our identity, we can get bigger without having to add a (slow) Jagr/Clowe. Throwing 5m at a 41 year old player who can no longer keep up? What happens next year after 82 games? I don't want to gamble 5m to find out.

Sticking with Speed and size, there are decent players out there that wont coast you that kind of coin.. Stalberg for example can bring speed, size and ~20g a year for somewhere around 3-3.5m

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:05 PM
DenverHabsFan

Stamkos is a scoring machine.

I wish Chucky would work out with him in the summer. Incredible work ethic.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:06 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
How is there no room for Elias but room for Jagr?
Depth chart for C:

Pleks
DD
Eller
Galchenyuk
White

Depth chart for LW:

Pacioretty
Bourque
Galchenyuk
Prust
Moen

Depth chart at RW:

Gallagher
Gionta
Armstrong
White
Blunden

Does that make more sense now? We have more depth on the LW and C positions then we do at RW. Very simple. Although it has been made apparent to me that Bourque could theoretically play the RW, so either is possible i guess.

Can you get Elias for 5 million, or would you spend more to bring him over?