HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers I&II vs NYI

Old
09-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
New York Rangers I&II vs NYI

Since its not even up for discussing anymore if we are better then the NYI or not, I thought, could we at this point launch two teams that both would kick NYI rears in the NHL?

Here are how my two teams would look;

NEW YORK RANGER I

Straka-Nylander-Jagr//Obviously one of the best lines in the league.
Hossa-Immonen-G. Moore//This 2nd line would be used kind of like our 2nd line where used last season, not in a overly big role, not playing a all that big offensive role. All in all, I don't think these three are a bad fit. They would be streaky scorers, but all three are pretty skilled, pretty good defensivly.
Korpikoski-Helminen-Ortmayer//The first line provides scoring, this line is here to check. Korpedo and Helminen aren't very experienced, but they are really really fast. Ortmayer is the best we have to cover for linemates.
Lessard-Falardeu-Hoffman//A pure grinding line. Would get into allot of problems if they got to play more then 4 minutes per game.

Malik-Rozival
Staal-Rachunek
Richter-Baranka
Lampman

Weekes
Valley

PP UNIT: Straka-Nylander-Jagr-Rachunek-Rozival

NYR I Comments: This would be a really offensive, highscoring team. We saw what the first line could do last season. Both the 2nd and 3rd line would produce forward, their defense would be more questionable. Quite frankly, I think this team wouldn't be lost in a PO fight. They would get on the board 5 on 5, the PP would be great, AND the PK would also be great. I don't think they would have any problems with the NYI!

NEW YORK RANGERS II

Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan//Played night in and night out as a top line, I think they would get decent results. Though its not the strongest 1st line in the league. They did combine for almost 100 goals together last season in the NHL.
Dawes-Betts-Ward//Would be a really solid line. All three works really hard. Would play a checkingline type of game.
Jessiman-Dubinsky-Hall//This chckingline would have some hidden talent on it, and allot of size& lbs...
Orr-Hollweg-Weller//A solid tough line. I think they could hack it in the NHL, keeping things simple, and just wear down the other team.

Ward-Tyutin
Kaspar-Ozolinsh
Girardi-Pck

Lundqvist
Montoya

PP UNIT:
Prucha-Dubinsky-Shanahan-Ozolinsh-Cullen

NYR II Commments: I think this team would be a really hardworing, honest side. Lundqvist of course would have to carry them, and as long as Henrik gives his teamsmates time to work on the other team in close games, they would wear them down. If a line like Jessiman-Dubinsky-Hall can nail the puck in the attacking zone there would be allot of room for a Pck/Ozolinsh/Tyutin to pinch in. I think that they would beat the NYI. I wouldn't bet on them in a PO race, I think they are pretty simular to Florida's team, with a better goalie. If Lundqvist would have a tremendous year, and Dubinsky and Jessiman really would step up to the challenge, and the entire team player a really hardworking, disciplined game for the entire season, making the PO's would be a remote remote possibility. The best goalies have played worse teams into PO's in history.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Skroob*

both teams would get owned. dont kid yourself.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
both teams would get owned. dont kid yourself.
Owned by this team?

Yashin-Sillinger-Satan
Kozlov-York-Hunter
Blake-Bates-Tambs
Asham-Hilbert-Simon

Zhitnik-Campoli
Witt-Poti
Hill-Martinek

Dipietro
Dunham

Don't know about that. I am not saying we both teams would sweep them in a PO series. But I think both teams would have a shot. Look at our team that won against a almost complete Boston Bruins last night.

Old
09-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I think both teams get beat quite decisively

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I think that both teams get beat, but it would be a good match with both.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 07:57 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here, yes, the Rangers are better prepared this season but they havent proven anything yet, and neither have the Islanders. These are the threads dug up later in the year if something doesnt go as planned and thrown back in your face.

Last season everyone picked the Rangers to be in the basement of the league and going in their lineup look pretty shabby too. If i recall correctly there were plenty of threads discussing what pick the Rangers would get in the draft after tanking the season. As much as i dislike the Islanders, i can't say they suck that badly until they do.

So again, lets not get too ahead of ourselves, cause you are basically proposing that half the Rangers team is a .500 team. Be careful what you wish for.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 10:33 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Since its not even up for discussing anymore if we are better then the NYI or not, I thought, could we at this point launch two teams that both would kick NYI rears in the NHL?

Here are how my two teams would look;

NEW YORK RANGER I

Straka-Nylander-Jagr//Obviously one of the best lines in the league.
Hossa-Immonen-G. Moore//This 2nd line would be used kind of like our 2nd line where used last season, not in a overly big role, not playing a all that big offensive role. All in all, I don't think these three are a bad fit. They would be streaky scorers, but all three are pretty skilled, pretty good defensivly.
Korpikoski-Helminen-Ortmayer//The first line provides scoring, this line is here to check. Korpedo and Helminen aren't very experienced, but they are really really fast. Ortmayer is the best we have to cover for linemates.
Lessard-Falardeu-Hoffman//A pure grinding line. Would get into allot of problems if they got to play more then 4 minutes per game.

Malik-Rozival
Staal-Rachunek
Richter-Baranka
Lampman

Weekes
Valley

PP UNIT: Straka-Nylander-Jagr-Rachunek-Rozival

NYR I Comments: This would be a really offensive, highscoring team. We saw what the first line could do last season. Both the 2nd and 3rd line would produce forward, their defense would be more questionable. Quite frankly, I think this team wouldn't be lost in a PO fight. They would get on the board 5 on 5, the PP would be great, AND the PK would also be great. I don't think they would have any problems with the NYI!

NEW YORK RANGERS II

Prucha-Cullen-Shanahan//Played night in and night out as a top line, I think they would get decent results. Though its not the strongest 1st line in the league. They did combine for almost 100 goals together last season in the NHL.
Dawes-Betts-Ward//Would be a really solid line. All three works really hard. Would play a checkingline type of game.
Jessiman-Dubinsky-Hall//This chckingline would have some hidden talent on it, and allot of size& lbs...
Orr-Hollweg-Weller//A solid tough line. I think they could hack it in the NHL, keeping things simple, and just wear down the other team.

Ward-Tyutin
Kaspar-Ozolinsh
Girardi-Pck

Lundqvist
Montoya

PP UNIT:
Prucha-Dubinsky-Shanahan-Ozolinsh-Cullen

NYR II Commments: I think this team would be a really hardworing, honest side. Lundqvist of course would have to carry them, and as long as Henrik gives his teamsmates time to work on the other team in close games, they would wear them down. If a line like Jessiman-Dubinsky-Hall can nail the puck in the attacking zone there would be allot of room for a Pck/Ozolinsh/Tyutin to pinch in. I think that they would beat the NYI. I wouldn't bet on them in a PO race, I think they are pretty simular to Florida's team, with a better goalie. If Lundqvist would have a tremendous year, and Dubinsky and Jessiman really would step up to the challenge, and the entire team player a really hardworking, disciplined game for the entire season, making the PO's would be a remote remote possibility. The best goalies have played worse teams into PO's in history.
dawes is a sniper not a checking line player. put dawes with dubinsky and hall

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Owned by this team?

Yashin-Sillinger-Satan
Kozlov-York-Hunter
Blake-Bates-Tambs
Asham-Hilbert-Simon

Zhitnik-Campoli
Witt-Poti
Hill-Martinek

Dipietro
Dunham
Yes, considering both NYR teams have about 7-9 rookies on them, and only one #1 goalie out of the 4.

Old
09-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I think that both teams get beat, but it would be a good match with both.

you know i love you buddy, and this team, but any team with Betts as your #2 centerman is gonna get their @55es handed to them nightly, and twice on sunday.

Old
09-29-2006, 02:05 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Lundqvist gets a 0-0 tie one game.
Weekes loses the other.
you've got about 2 lines per team of players who have never seen a game in the NHL and you think we're not gonna get whooped? Their 4 lines aren't anything to be taken lightly. This is EXACTLY how the Rangers get beat by bottom dwellers for so many years. Now I know this is for fun but you seem convinced so i'm gonna have say you're sooooo far off on this one.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Lundqvist gets a 0-0 tie one game.
Weekes loses the other.
you've got about 2 lines per team of players who have never seen a game in the NHL and you think we're not gonna get whooped? Their 4 lines aren't anything to be taken lightly. This is EXACTLY how the Rangers get beat by bottom dwellers for so many years. Now I know this is for fun but you seem convinced so i'm gonna have say you're sooooo far off on this one.
I know I am off, but to be honest, I don't think its "far".

A reminder, think back to last summer, and pick 1 team that will get over 100 pts of these three, and two that will miss the PO's:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Hossa
Prucha-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmayer

vs.
ONeil-Sundin-Steen
Czerkavski-Lindros-Antropov
Domi-Allison-Tucker
Ponikarovsky-Stajan-Wellwood

or
Kovalchuk-Savard-Bondra
Kozlov-Stefan-Hossa
Exelby-Holik-Mellanby

(If you would have picked NYR many would have said "you are soooo far off. NYR have 7 unproven forwards and 3 soft Euros). )

And I am not even bothering listening the D, it would make it look even worse...

My point concerning that I am not all that "far" off, is that I think allot of players in this years camp, are about at the same level now as allot of the players who made the team where a year ago.

So I belive, that if we look back at these two teams in three years, they might not have been seen as so awful as you guys think they are right now. I have allot of faith in Moore, Dawes, Dubinsky and Korpikoski. But of course, the depth is awful on both teams, and neither could take any kind of injurys to key players. Besides I don't belive in NYI. Lets just say that I am not big fans of Yashin, Satan and Kozlov type of players. I like York, Blake and Hilbert though, but it isn't enough IMO to get anywhere.

Old
09-29-2006, 04:37 AM
Ola

Quote:
you know i love you buddy, and this team, but any team with Betts as your #2 centerman is gonna get their @55es handed to them nightly, and twice on sunday.
Nah, I haven't seen any team hand us anything when Betts is on the ice. If Betts can stay healty, I think he will develop into a really solid player in the NHL. Remember that last season where his first full time job in the NHL. And the first time he stayed reasonably healty in almost two years.

I think Betts is pretty darn underrated, if we would rank the entire roster in order of which players would be hardest to replace from within if they went down, I wonder if Betts aren't top 5, atleast IMHO. He where darn valuble for us last season too. I am a big fan of him, because he is everything I've been asking for the last 10 years...

Old
09-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Skroob*

Quote:
Nah, I haven't seen any team hand us anything when Betts is on the ice.
Its not that having him on the ice is bad, but having him as your 2nd line center and expecting to walk over other teams is.

hes been fine getting 10-13minutes a game. move him to 18-20min, and you got a problem.

Look, i like Betts, but he is no 2nd line center.

Old
09-29-2006, 10:45 AM
E_Godard

anyone know if Jagr is playing tonight?

And Im really hoping that weekes is playing tomorrows game, not tonight. He was horrible in last years preseason game at the coliseum. Not that Im a ranger fan, but I would like to see a good close game.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Ola

Quote:
Its not that having him on the ice is bad, but having him as your 2nd line center and expecting to walk over other teams is.

hes been fine getting 10-13minutes a game. move him to 18-20min, and you got a problem.

Look, i like Betts, but he is no 2nd line center.
I can't dissagree with that. And the only team I would expect us to walk over, always, are NYI!

Old
09-29-2006, 12:15 PM
WheresBarnaby

Never count out the Islanders. Rangers V Islanders games take place in there own little NHL universe . A few years back when we were garbage, I recall that the Isl's games were the few that were played well, and we often won- even though we were way out of the playoffs. Then the reverse has also proven true, last year when all we needed was a win over Pitt or the fishsticks and we lost both, letting 1st slip away in the process.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 01:04 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Then the reverse has also proven true, last year when all we needed was a win over Pitt or the fishsticks and we lost both, letting 1st slip away in the process.
That was a great game, not only did I get to watch the isles screw the rangers when our season was over, but.. it happend to be on the night they celebrated jagrs goals/points/etc.. I made a hellova airplane out of that poster.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
That was a great game, not only did I get to watch the isles screw the rangers when our season was over, but.. it happend to be on the night they celebrated jagrs goals/points/etc.. I made a hellova airplane out of that poster.
*Sniff sniff

smells like raw sewage in here

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Bones45

I think todays paper said that Jagr was expected to play.. Not a whole lot thought.. maybe 10 min or so and some power play time.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2006, 09:32 PM
raskolnikov

Send a message via AIM to raskolnikov
guess we have an answer now.

raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 04:03 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov View Post
guess we have an answer now.
Its preseason...

And I bet all the player where dazed because of the ****-gas in the lockerrooms. Larry Brooks have reported the smell is so bad its a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Old
09-30-2006, 06:50 AM
raskolnikov

Send a message via AIM to raskolnikov
Quote:
Its preseason...

And I bet all the player where dazed because of the ****-gas in the lockerrooms. Larry Brooks have reported the smell is so bad its a violation of the Geneva Convention.
preseason or not the rangers had more of a complete team than either of the two you made and the isles had less of a team than you listed.

the rangers are a better team but after the 2 preseason games you cant say half their "real" team and a bunch of rookies can beat the islanders.

raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

cue the Rangers Vs Isles thread...

Its preseason folks, lets wait to make judgments on either team untill the full roster is on the ice before we start killing each other

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov View Post
preseason or not the rangers had more of a complete team than either of the two you made and the isles had less of a team than you listed.

the rangers are a better team but after the 2 preseason games you cant say half their "real" team and a bunch of rookies can beat the islanders.
Teoretically you have the better team in 15 years, cause then you will have one player singed, and we will have none.

Old
09-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Teoretically you have the better team in 15 years, cause then you will have one player singed, and we will have none.
You should have no comment on this thread anymore, you're theory of your 2 teams kicking the Isles around the ice, is nill. 15 shots is all that you were able to get through.

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote