HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2013, 07:05 PM
  #351
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 26,447
vCash: 500
#SignMitchTheoretNow

Eternal Sunshine is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 07:19 PM
  #352
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
#SignMitchTheoretNow
I don't think you have to convince most Isles fans of this. He's done everything you want a prospect to do to earn a contract.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 07:26 PM
  #353
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 26,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I don't think you have to convince most Isles fans of this. He's done everything you want a prospect to do to earn a contract.
We should get it trending on twitter

Eternal Sunshine is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 07:35 PM
  #354
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
We should get it trending on twitter
Mitch was one of the most improved players in the OHL, first playing the wing on Strome"s line with Niagara and for Barrie at center. Nice that he can produce at either position.

Degeneration Rex is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 09:16 PM
  #355
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Mitch was one of the most improved players in the OHL, first playing the wing on Strome"s line with Niagara and for Barrie at center. Nice that he can produce at either position.
Yup, he played both positions at Barrie. First polaying LW on Mark Scheifele's line. Then moving to 2nd line center with Zach Hall and Andreas Athanasiou.

Mitch's game came a LONG way this season. Playing along side elite talents like Ryan Strome and Mark Scheifele most of the season really seemed to be key in Theoret's development.

I thought his increased point production could have been attributed to playing along side the stars mentioned above, but Theoret played his best hockey late in the season in Barrie and in the post season when he led one of the best lines in the OHL Playoffs.

The Islanders WILL sign him. (still holding out hope for Kichten, but that seems bleak at this point).

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 10:01 PM
  #356
Trollmonic
Registered User
 
Trollmonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Yup, he played both positions at Barrie. First polaying LW on Mark Scheifele's line. Then moving to 2nd line center with Zach Hall and Andreas Athanasiou.

Mitch's game came a LONG way this season. Playing along side elite talents like Ryan Strome and Mark Scheifele most of the season really seemed to be key in Theoret's development.

I thought his increased point production could have been attributed to playing along side the stars mentioned above, but Theoret played his best hockey late in the season in Barrie and in the post season when he led one of the best lines in the OHL Playoffs.

The Islanders WILL sign him. (still holding out hope for Kichten, but that seems bleak at this point).
I pray we sign Kichton last minute like we did Martin. Although by viewing his tweets, it seems like he did not seem to be too invested in the Isles during our playoff run yet mentioned other teams. I assume guys he may have played with before.

Trollmonic is offline  
Old
05-15-2013, 10:25 PM
  #357
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 30,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
I pray we sign Kichton last minute like we did Martin. Although by viewing his tweets, it seems like he did not seem to be too invested in the Isles during our playoff run yet mentioned other teams. I assume guys he may have played with before.
At this point I say trade him for best offer(5th-7th rounder)

boredmale is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 05:51 AM
  #358
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
World Championship Quaterfinals today. Russia vs USA starts it off in about 10 minutes.

Ovechkin joins the Russian team.

Oshie and Galchenyuk join team USA.

John Gibson gets the start in net over Ben Bishop.

Hopefully Petrov remains in the lineup and isnt the odd man out with Ovechkin joining the team.

EDIT: Petrov is in the game.... good first shift too.


Last edited by InformTheMasses: 05-16-2013 at 06:04 AM.
InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:20 AM
  #359
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
World Championship Quaterfinals today. Russia vs USA starts it off in about 10 minutes.

Ovechkin joins the Russian team.

Oshie and Galchenyuk join team USA.

John Gibson gets the start in net over Ben Bishop.

Hopefully Petrov remains in the lineup and isnt the odd man out with Ovechkin joining the team.

EDIT: Petrov is in the game.... good first shift too.
Its over. USA defeats Russia 8-3. Petrovs season is complete.

Nino is the last Islander standing. Swiss play the Czech in yh QFs in a few min. I'll post any nino highlights, if there are any.

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:18 AM
  #360
redbull
2k17
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Its over. USA defeats Russia 8-3. Petrovs season is complete.

Nino is the last Islander standing. Swiss play the Czech in yh QFs in a few min. I'll post any nino highlights, if there are any.
Thanks ITM !

I wanted to PVRthe Swiss game but forgot. Loss to Pens still stings.

Go Niño.

Disappointed JT didn't play for Canada. But insure he is completely wiped and full of bumps and bruises from a hard fought season and especially playoffs.

redbull is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:28 AM
  #361
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,506
vCash: 500
Saw the 1st period, Nino is looking good. The Swiss have been on the PK for most of the 2nd 10 minutes so he hasn't been on the ice much.

Nino is playing RW and looks like he's skating and is physical. Any chance he gets, he goes straight to the net with the puck. Had a nice scoring chance early in the period.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM
  #362
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 7,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Saw the 1st period, Nino is looking good. The Swiss have been on the PK for most of the 2nd 10 minutes so he hasn't been on the ice much.

Nino is playing RW and looks like he's skating and is physical. Any chance he gets, he goes straight to the net with the puck. Had a nice scoring chance early in the period.
Sounds like exactly what we could use on a line with JT. Not saying he should start out there, but I would love to see him make the team and earn that spot by the mid-way point. A playmaker like Bailey on one side and a bulldog in front of the net on the other would be perfect.

kasper11 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:12 AM
  #363
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Sounds like exactly what we could use on a line with JT. Not saying he should start out there, but I would love to see him make the team and earn that spot by the mid-way point. A playmaker like Bailey on one side and a bulldog in front of the net on the other would be perfect.
Nino gets almost no PP time. He was on for one and he looked dangerous. He loves going to the dirty area looking for the puck. Lots of vets on the Swiss team and I think Nino is the youngest player, he's still 20 people.

The thing that's really underrated about Nino are his hands. He's got some pretty good mitts, you kind of have to if you score the majority of your goals within 5 feet of the net.

Oh yeah, Josi is BEASTING. He's really stepped up and looks great. Nashville is lucky to have him.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:54 AM
  #364
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,506
vCash: 500
The Swiss beat the Czechs 2-1. Nino with another strong showing. Was played quite a bit in the last 7 minutes of the game protecting a 2-1 lead.

He still needs to work on his skating, with emphasis on his first couple of steps. He does look much stronger on his skates. Attacks the net, had a really nice rush late in the 3rd where he drove the net from the RW with a d-man on his back for a nice scoring chance. He's playing with a lot of confidence and it's great to see.

I expect him to come to camp on a mission.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:14 AM
  #365
Macch
Registered User
 
Macch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
The Swiss beat the Czechs 2-1. Nino with another strong showing. Was played quite a bit in the last 7 minutes of the game protecting a 2-1 lead.

He still needs to work on his skating, with emphasis on his first couple of steps. He does look much stronger on his skates. Attacks the net, had a really nice rush late in the 3rd where he drove the net from the RW with a d-man on his back for a nice scoring chance. He's playing with a lot of confidence and it's great to see.

I expect him to come to camp on a mission.

Maybe he can go to the JT skating school. Worked wonders for him

Macch is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:53 AM
  #366
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Thanks ITM !

I wanted to PVRthe Swiss game but forgot. Loss to Pens still stings.

Go Niño.

Disappointed JT didn't play for Canada. But insure he is completely wiped and full of bumps and bruises from a hard fought season and especially playoffs.
No Problem. Not much to post today. Nino and Petrov were essentially 4th liners today. Both played about 11 minutes each and neither reached 20 shifts.

Nino and the swiss are garunteed 2 more games. The semi-final and either the gold medal or bronze medal game.

Not going to know what to do with myself after Sunday. No more islanders hockey or Islander prospects in action.

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 12:54 PM
  #367
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
No Problem. Not much to post today. Nino and Petrov were essentially 4th liners today. Both played about 11 minutes each and neither reached 20 shifts.

Nino and the swiss are garunteed 2 more games. The semi-final and either the gold medal or bronze medal game.

Not going to know what to do with myself after Sunday. No more islanders hockey or Islander prospects in action.
We all appreciate what you have done for us all season long, thanks so much !

scott99 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 01:03 PM
  #368
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
No Problem. Not much to post today. Nino and Petrov were essentially 4th liners today. Both played about 11 minutes each and neither reached 20 shifts.

Nino and the swiss are garunteed 2 more games. The semi-final and either the gold medal or bronze medal game.

Not going to know what to do with myself after Sunday. No more islanders hockey or Islander prospects in action.
Thanks again for all the great highlights. At least there is still the Memorial Cup to watch and I can prepare my students final exams. Getting about to be time to prepare for thr draft.

Degeneration Rex is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
  #369
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Thanks again for all the great highlights. At least there is still the Memorial Cup to watch and I can prepare my students final exams. Getting about to be time to prepare for thr draft.
I also appreciate all the info you've given us all season long on our prospects Rex, awesome stuff !

scott99 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 03:35 PM
  #370
edmontonislesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Nice to see Nino doing so well. A guy on my hockey team is from the same hometown of Chur. He's much older, but some of his friends know Nino and say he is a nice guy (down to earth).

In an Edmonton Journal article yesterday, Griffin Reinhart, recovering from a sliced tendon in his foot, said he will resume training and skating in June in preparation for Islanders summer training camp.

edmontonislesfan is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 03:37 PM
  #371
edmontonislesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Oh, and sign Theoret.

edmontonislesfan is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 03:58 PM
  #372
thedonger
Registered User
 
thedonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonislesfan View Post
Nice to see Nino doing so well. A guy on my hockey team is from the same hometown of Chur. He's much older, but some of his friends know Nino and say he is a nice guy (down to earth).

In an Edmonton Journal article yesterday, Griffin Reinhart, recovering from a sliced tendon in his foot, said he will resume training and skating in June in preparation for Islanders summer training camp.
ah, sliced tendon, for some reason I thought it was a broken bone. either way, hope it doesn't impede his skating development too much.

thedonger is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 04:11 PM
  #373
crashthenet
Registered User
 
crashthenet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hockey Falls
Posts: 4,077
vCash: 500
Nino looked solid today. Nice to see the Swiss advance.

crashthenet is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 04:59 PM
  #374
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Nino and the Swiss National Team will face USA on Sat in the Semi Finals.

Finland vs. Sweden in the other Semi FInal as the two host countries will square off.

Great Shootout win today for Sweden over Team Canada.

Just reading that Ovechkin played with fractured foot in Game 6 and 7. Which means he hopped a flight and played for Russia today in the QF. He had a goal and an assist. Say what you will about him, guy loves the game and is a real competitor.

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 05:11 PM
  #375
Chapin Landvogt
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Nino and the Swiss National Team will face USA on Sat in the Semi Finals.

Finland vs. Sweden in the other Semi FInal as the two host countries will square off.

Great Shootout win today for Sweden over Team Canada.

Just reading that Ovechkin played with fractured foot in Game 6 and 7. Which means he hopped a flight and played for Russia today in the QF. He had a goal and an assist. Say what you will about him, guy loves the game and is a real competitor.
HUGE win for the USA today against Russia.

Truly one of the biggest they've pulled off at one of these springtime WCs that I can remember.

Switzerland and the US (ok, the Swiss moreso) are the big upstarts this year. Should be a really fascinating match-up between them on Saturday.

A bit of a shame for Canada against Sweden tonight. They seemed to have the Swedes under control for a good while and were clearly a better team during the tournament.

Still can't stand this playoff game shootout crap...

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.